• Published 10th May 2013
  • 5,073 Views, 93 Comments

Practice Makes Pudding - TacoBiteToughGuy



Dash goes and visits Pinkie after a flight practice, but a terrible tragedy happened to Rainbow which prevents her from flying. Now she's moved in with Pinkie, but can she keep up with all the sweets Pinkie makes?

  • ...
6
 93
 5,073

The Party

Two hours had passed, and there was still no sign of Rainbow Dash at the party. All of her pony friends were waiting for her and she hadn't shown up yet. "I reckon she's probably at the spot where you could get the best look of Cloudsdale. She's probably so homesick..." Thought Applejack who was worried sick for her friend.

"I do believe that Applejack may be right." Rarity said, putting her two cents in on the matter.

"Ok girls," Twilight started. "We'll split into groups. Applejack and Rarity, you two look over by Sweet Apple Acres. Pinkie and Fluttershy, take a look over at the park. I'll look in and around town."

"ALRIGHT EVERYPONY! LET'S GO!" Pinkie ordered and the five of them marched over to the front door of Sugarcube Corner.

When they opened it, there stood an emotionally wrecked Rainbow Dash. "Hiya Rainbow, we were just about to go look for you!" Pinkie said, excited to see her friend.

"Sorry to keep everypony waiting, I just needed some me time..."

"Ah, don't sweat it sugar cube, it's a tough time for you and you need to deal with it in your own way."

"With that being said; WHO WANTS TO PARTY!!!" Pinkie yelled at the top of her lungs. She reached behind the door, and grabbed her party cannon, and proceeded to launch confetti into everypony's faces.

After shaking off the excess confetti, the six friends headed up the stairs to Pinkie's room. One by one, with Pinkie in the lead and Rainbow in the back, they trotted into the bedroom.

The whole place was decked out from top to bottom. Confetti, streamers, balloons, party hats, you name it! A huge banner was draped across the back wall that said "Get Well Soon Rainbow Dash!"

"Is this all for me?" Asked a very overwhelmed pony.

"Of course, silly! It's not Fluttershy's party with a get well soon Rainbow Dash banner."

"Oh, right... Thank you everypony for this awesome party!"

"Party on everypony!" Pinkie announced and started playing some dance music.

Rainbow Dash, hungry from being so tired, decided to head over to the food table. All the food from earlier was there plus more, including some chocolate chip muffins. Rainbow decided to have one of those. When she took a bite, the intense flavour hit her.

That was the best muffin she had ever eaten! She swallowed the rest of the muffin in one bite and immediately reached for another. Then a third, then a sixth, then a fifteenth. After about twenty muffins, Rainbow's hoof landed on an empty plate. "Aww, I wanted some more..." Spoke a hungry Rainbow Dash unaware of how many she ate. "Maybe I'll have some pie."

RD went over to the apple pie and cut herself a big slice, about a quarter of the pie, and placed it on her plate. Forgetting anything about cutlery, she went face first into the awaiting delicacy. The intense apple cinnamon flavours were delightful, and the crust was flaky and light. She finished her slice within seconds. Not wanting to cut another slice, she dove for the rest of the pie. Bite after bite, Rainbow was eating the tasty pastry. But all that dessert had to go somewhere...

Rainbow's tummy was starting to become more round and starting to stick out. Her flank had definitely grown a bit, and had a bit of excess fat around it. It was hard to see, but there was a tiny difference in her legs as they grew in circumference. Rainbow's cheeks had become a little more puffy than before. Her whole body slightly jiggled whenever she moved, and was squishy in some places.

Rainbow Dash wasn't done yet, oh no. She thought she could hear the large plate of brownies calling her name. She trotted over there to go and see if she if she was hallucinating or not. Turns out she was, as a face popped out of the brownies and said right to Rainbow's face "Eat me..."

Rainbow Dash, surprised yet hungry, picked up a brownie square and popped it into her mouth. The intense chocolate confection was like dynamite in her mouth. It was exploding with delicious taste and smooth textures. Pretty soon, the whole tray was gone and Rainbow was feeling content with herself.

Content wasn't full though, as the other foods started calling her name. Going for the first one she heard, she hopped over to a chocolate cake. It said "Get Better!" on the front of it, but on the inside it said "Eat me Rainbow Dash!" Rainbow started taking huge bites of the chocolate cake and finished it with a burp.

"Excuse me." Said RD under her breath. Next, a tower of mini donuts was beckoning her to come. Rainbow picked up the plate, and slid all the donuts down off the plate into her awaiting mouth. She licked her lips with content and helped herself to a glass of punch. As soon as she finished her punch, Rainbow passed out on the floor in a food coma.

Author's Note:

Finally done. Chapter 4 is on its way!