• Published 10th May 2013
  • 5,105 Views, 93 Comments

Practice Makes Pudding - TacoBiteToughGuy



Dash goes and visits Pinkie after a flight practice, but a terrible tragedy happened to Rainbow which prevents her from flying. Now she's moved in with Pinkie, but can she keep up with all the sweets Pinkie makes?

  • ...
6
 93
 5,105

Planning For Later

It was still a beautiful day; the birds chirping, ponies greeting each other in the streets. It was a beautiful day to everypony except Rainbow Dash... She wasn't allowed to fly anywhere, couldn't go home, and was stuck with Pinkie for several weeks. It hadn't even been an hour since the accident, but Dash already showing signs of depression.

'I know what will cheer her up!' Pinkie thought seeing her friend sulk behind her. 'A par-tay with lots of streamers and confetti! And balloons! And delicious food!' She began planning her surprise party for Dash sub-consciously as they walked through Sugarcube Corner's front doors.

Sugarcube Corner was filled with different aromas, all coming from the back kitchen. Pinkie Pie could tell that there were freshly baked chocolate chip cookies waiting to be put out and sold to customers, but she knew Rainbow was feeling down.

"Hey Dashie, follow me!" Pinkie almost ordered as she bounced into the kitchen. Rainbow obediently followed Pinkie into the kitchen, and was immediately greeted with a jaw-dropped Pinkie and a sight anypony would drool over.

The Sugarcube Corner kitchen was full to the brim with different sweets. There was apple pie, strawberry rhubarb pie, blueberry pie, cherry pie, key lime pie, lemon tarts, butter tarts, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, tuxedo cake, a Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness, brownies, tubs and tubs of ice cream, and many other delicacies that Rainbow didn't even know the names of!

"What's all this for?" Rainbow Dash asked a bit stunned.

"Well, I asked Mr. And Mrs. Cake to bake you something to cheer you up, but I guess they didn't know what to make..."

"When did you do this?"

"I knew you weren't gonna be happy after you woke up, so I sped over here while you were asleep and asked the Cakes to make you something, but I didn't think they were gonna make this much!"

"What are we gonna do with all this food? There's no way we can eat this all!"

Pinkie thought about that question for a while; what were they going to do with all the food? Then it hit her!

"I know what we can do! Lets throw a party! A get well soon Rainbow Dash party!"

"That's not a bad idea... Nice work Pinkie!"

"Unfortunately, I can't have you in here while I'm planning it though, so I'm gonna ask you to leave, but just for a bit! Don't wantcha gone for too long or you might miss the party! That would be so silly, a party for someone who isn't even there!" Pinkie giggled at her own little joke. "How about you come back in 2 hours?"

"Sure thing Pinkie Pie! And Pinkie?"

"Yeeeeessssssssss?"

"Thanks for everything."

Author's Note:

Just something I wrote pretty quickly to move past all the intro stuff and hopefully get into the good stuff in the next chapter!