• Published 8th May 2013
  • 2,810 Views, 78 Comments

The Ponion - CartsBeforeHorses



Equestria's Finest News Source. Breaking news stories from Equestria written in the style of The Onion.

  • ...
6
 78
 2,810

"Ball Emergency Averted Thanks to Overly-Prepared Local Mare"

August 4th, 2013
Ball Emergency Averted Thanks to Overly-Prepared Local Mare

PONYVILLE—Residents of the small town of Ponyville were out of options Sunday as a planned softball game almost didn't happen.

"I told Leather Glove that it was HER turn to bring the ball!" said first basemare Three Strikes, groaning at the team's lack of a ball, "She really dropped the ball on this one. No pun intended."

"Look, I bring the ball every week; it's somepony else's turn," said Leather Glove, outraged, "I made this clear last Sunday after the game. I said, look, somepony else needs to bring the ball."

"I'm tired of carrying all the weight around here," she added, referring to the eight ounce softball which she carries to practice every week for the team's use.

Had the game not gone on, our alternate universe correspondents report that the two teams would have come to blows, riot police would have been called in, and several ponies would have been critically injured. Thankfully, however, this ball emergency was averted by an overly-prepared local mare who did not exist in that alternate universe.

"Hey, everypony, calm down," the mare, Pinkie Pie, said as she stepped in between the two rival teams who were gearing up for a physical altercation, "I have balls stashed all over Ponyville, in case of ball emergencies!"

The pink mare then reached into the trunk of a tree and grabbed a softball which she had apparently stashed there in case anypony was ever in dire need of it.

"Wow, thanks!" all 32 softball players chanted in unison, after which they all made amends, hugged each other, and played a friendly game of softball.

"Don't mention it!" the pink mare responded, grinning.

"She really did us a solid," said Batter Up, another player, "I mean, if she hadn't been so paranoid about ball emergencies that she stashed balls all over Ponyville, who knows what would've happened? I mean, yeah, sure, the chances of something like this EVER happening again are like one in a million, but at least Pinkie will be there."

This incident, as well as the cutie mark mixup incident in which the whole town became angry and depressed over the lack of Pinkie's cheery demeanor, have confirmed that Pinkie Pie is apparently the only thing standing in between Ponyville and complete anarchy. Ω