• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 1,895 Views, 33 Comments

Fallout Equestria: A Child's Hope - RLYoshi



They say that every cloud has a silver lining. And in Cobalt Blue’s mind, that silver lining is all that matters...even when the cloud is the Horseshoe Wasteland.

  • ...
2
 33
 1,895

Ending 1

The choice was easy when it came down to it. Either leave a town to die, or stay in the town and die with them.

Cobalt and Gentle did some trading with the locals, scavenged around outside a bit more just in case, and then left Winterstar as fast as they could. They almost weren’t fast enough; ever so faintly, they heard the commotion as the Intangibles attacked the hospital no more than a few hundred feet away from them.

They turned around, Cobalt whimpering, and took in the sight. Armoured ponies charged at the hospital, only a couple being picked off by shots from the window. Flames poured out of the doors, likely from Break’s invention, incinerating a couple more. But that was only a fraction of the whole crew.

They didn’t see what happened inside, but they could guess well enough. From their position behind a large rock as close as they were willing to risk, they saw blood splattering against some windows and others being broken as ponies were thrown out of them. Gentle gasped as she clearly recognized Stack as one such pony.

Suddenly, Cobalt wavered and fell backwards. He groaned as he hit the ground, catching Gentle’s attention, and turned his head to the side to throw up.

“C-Coby? What’s wrong…?”

She trailed off as she saw something flash on his PipBuck. Her eyes widened as an image of a pony with devil horns took priority on the screen, with small text underneath:

You lost karma.


Quest Failed
THE INVINCIBLE INTANGIBLES

Author's Note:

This is an Ending. Endings will be written whenever a quest leaves Cobalt with a major choice. One of his choices will be used for the main story, and an Ending will be written to show what would have happened if he took the other option. These Endings will always result in Cobalt failing the quest and either losing karma, having a friend die, or he himself dying. Not to say none of this will happen in the actual story, but in the Endings, they're guaranteed.

This Ending is mostly just to introduce the concept of Endings, and as such is rather short and to-the-point. This is also one of the tamer ones, as all that happens is Coby loses karma (which, to those not familiar with Fallout, basically means he did something evil). Well, and Winterstar gets butchered, but you get the point. I had the idea for this Ending mostly because I had trouble deciding which choice Coby should make; sure, it'd be better for the story if he stayed, but realistically, leaving would be the best option. I decided to leave it up to a coin flip, and...well, as you can see, it said him staying should be the canon decision.