• Published 8th May 2013
  • 1,775 Views, 41 Comments

Music, Muscle, and the Multiverse - themultiversewatcher



A man and his sister find themselves mysteriously transforming into ponies.

  • ...
18
 41
 1,775

New Discoveries

Treble

Wow, I had a rough night. The dreams kept on coming. There were many dreams that took place in what seemed like science fiction movies. If I didn't know better, I'd say that they were memories, but I dismiss the idea as ludicrous. There were dreams that took place in Star Wars, Adventure Time, My Little Pony, etc., all bunched up. Some of the dreams almost woke me up with the shock of seeing someone die in some horrible death or creatures that would scare most people witless seeing. Some of the dreams showed things more beautiful than anyone has ever had the fortune to see. Needless to say, I woke up feeling only slightly rested.

Upon waking up, I have a huge shock. On my back are wings! Granted, they are severely underdeveloped, but still. Wings! Another development is that where my feet were are now hooves, covered in amber-colored fur. The hooves look more like a mare's than a stallion's, but I digress. I also feel strangely lighter, as though my fat reserves were diminishing.

Sara and I slept on the couch because we were too distraught to move. Yesterday, watching Sara, the strongest woman I know, in spirit as well as body, break down and cry made me realize that the problem was more than just physical, but psychological. The crushing of our hopes and dreams is so much worse than the rest of our problem. To help us deal with these changes, I have decided that Lightning and I will write down our thoughts and feelings into these journals. It will be a little difficult to write with our mouths after our hands disappear, but I suppose we will have to make do.

As I get down off the couch, Lightning, argh, Sara, wakes up.

"Treble?" she asks, "What time is it?"

I glance at the clock, "6 o'clock."

I help her up. Her eyes are still red after crying late into the night, and she wobbles as she gets used to the hooves. They are growing the teal colored fur of Lightning Dust. As I watch, I can see the fur advancing up her legs rather quickly. Pretty soon, she'll look like a half-human-half-pony, and as such, so will I. I realize that I hadn't eaten anything yesterday. I walk up to the fridge and open it. Inside, I see eggs that could be scrambled (my favorite style) and a box of instant bacon. When I look at the bacon, I suddenly feel sick to my stomach. Then it hits me, ponies don't eat bacon. However, the show had shown them eating eggs. I pull those out and get to work.

Fifteen minutes later, I have two plates of scrambled eggs all set. I call Lightning...Sara...forget it...over, and we sit down at the table. She looks at me expectantly.

"What?" I ask.

"Treble," she begins, "We never asked to become ponies. I don't think we did anything wrong. I doubt that we will be able to change back, and I think that, when we are done changing, we need to find out where we go from here. I get the feeling that this is happening at a larger scale than just us. Take a look at this news report in the newspaper."

I don't pay attention to the news much, except for travel conditions every once in a while. Lightning pulls out a newspaper. It is labeled for Saturday. On the front page is a fuzzy picture that looks kind of like a pony. Under the picture is a question. Ponies: Real or a Hoax? I read the story.

Reports in from across the country have indicated the possibility of ponies from the hit children's television show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are appearing quite real and alive. Many people claim to see "ponies that look like they belong in a cartoon" wandering out and about. More on this story in Section 3-B. I open the newspaper to the indicated page. States such as Iowa, California, Connecticut, and places like Canada are churning out pony reports at an alarming rate. The cause is unknown and the reports are vague. All possible pictures are fuzzy and unclear. We asked a citizen of East Hartford who claims she saw one.

She said, "I looked out my window, and thought I saw a colorful tail sticking out of the bushes. I walked outside and I saw a blue pony thing eating my flowers. It escaped before I could take a picture of it. My neighbors seem to think I saw a dog, but no dog is blue. I know what I saw, whether or not other people believe me."

The woman wanted to remain anonymous. It is unknown whether or not these are real reports or just works of fiction, but more investigation is underway.

I put down the newspaper. Its kind of relieving, knowing that we are not, in fact, alone in our situation. Lightning and I finish our eggs in record time. Now there's nothing left for us to do but to wait. We sit there for some idle chit-chat, such as Lightning's favorite sports teams. I, myself, pay attention to football mostly. She watches everything. Anyways, a few hours pass. While we were talking, the fur covered our bodies completely, and the wings grew in full. We are talking about the hockey playoffs this week when the doorbell rings. We jump.

"QUICK," I yell, "To the living room!"

We run into the living room, which cannot be seen from the street. I pray that whoever is on the other side doesn't come in. Then I realize that the door is unlocked. I hear the door open.

"Hello? Treble, Lightning, are you home?" says a voice from the front hallway. I panic.

"Don't come in! I don't want you to see us right now! Go away!" I yell.

From the hallway, in walks Jenna Carthage, the one woman I really did not want to see us this way. She looks at us with fear in her eyes. I stand there like a deer in the headlights.

"Wh-who are you, and what h-have you d-d-done to my f-friends?" she says, and promptly faints.

I run to her side, panic replaced with concern. I pick her up and carry her to the couch.

"Now what?" I ask.

"Now, we wait for her to wake up."









Lightning

Well, this is unexpected. I know that usually Jenna sees me in the morning, and that didn't happen today, but she isn't the kind of person that worries way too much. She's more the type of girl that would wave something like one missed day off. It is interesting that she came over today.

The journal that Trebs gave me is really helping me to cope with our situation. He is full of really good ideas. Most people are in a panic in these types of situations (though I'm not sure what this one qualifies as), but he thinks about these things a lot, and so everyone just takes his advice. Well, now that Rose is on the cou...wait, Rose? Oh, no.

"Treble," I say, my voice filled with concern, "I just realized some thing. I just thought of Jenna as Rose. You know, as in Roseluck? I think that she's going to turn into a pony too. That means two more days stuck inside. I don't know if I can take that."

"Neither do I," he says, "I think that we should take turns leaving and getting exercise. We can use the woods behind the house. Just make sure to not be seen by anyone. Maybe we can see if anyone else has turned like us."

I nod. That sounds just as good as anything. I leave the house out the back door. I head straight for the path that Mom used to walk the dog along. Unfortunately, my body decides it doesn't want to stay upright. Figures. When I fall forwards, I realize that my hands are no longer hands, but hooves. I know that just a few minutes ago, I had hands. The change was a lot quicker than I had expected. Everything else took a long time to change, but, nope, not the hands. Cool, now I look exactly like Lightning Dust. No, that's not true. Now I, officially, am Lightning Dust. Wow, that sounds weird to say. I can't help but to feel like I am an imposter in her horseshoes, but I also think that she and I are one in the same at the same time. It sounds more complicated than it is.

While I enjoy running, I have always wondered what it would be like to fly. Now that I have wings, it might be important in my development to try. I unfurl my wings, running as fast as I can. Soon, I reach a clearing and start flapping. I feel my hooves leaving the ground quickly. I look down and see the tops of the trees. I can't believe I got that on the first try! As I fly higher, I meet some resistance in the form of clouds, but, hey, I'm a pegasus now right? I spin around and kick the cloud as hard as I can. It disintegrates just like depicted in the show.

I turn around, heading in the direction of my house. All I see is a brown roof of the building. It is then that I realize I don't know how to land! I decide to experiment. I stop flapping, angle myself towards the ground, and start gliding. When I was flying, I was moving at approximately forty miles per hour. Now, as I am gliding, I am picking up speed. Fifty, sixty, seventy, 100, 120, and still accelerating. I decide that it isn't working the way it's supposed to. I somehow rotate my wings forward, so that they catch the wind. Then, I start decelerating. Fast. I feel the strain on my wings as the wind blows against them. Finally, I am moving slow enough to land safely. Unfortunately, as I reach the ground, my hoof drags on the ground, causing me to trip and crash land.

I sit there, dazed. Soon enough, though, I stand up with a big smile on my face. I have never had so much fun in my life. Now that I know what flight feels like, I don't ever want to leave the air. I laugh as the adrenaline courses through my body. I suddenly feel like pulling a Snowflake.

"YEAH!!!" I scream.

I walk inside the house to find Treble curled up on the couch with Rose. The two look so peaceful I just want to d'aw. So I do, and it wakes Treble up.

"Hey, Lightning," he says, yawning, "Back from your run?"

"Treble," I say excitedly, "I flew! I really flew!"

"Lightning," he yells, "What were you thinking! You could have been seen!"

"You're just jealous you weren't the one out there flying," I say, unconcerned. Treble always was a worrywart. "I probably flew ten times faster than you ever could."

He responds by giving me a look. A really long look. I don't know what his problem is. I was just having fun. All of a sudden, the lack of adrenaline causes me to yawn. I look at the clock. 6:00. I normally stay up late, but I cant keep my eyes open. I curl up on the floor, and let sleep take me.


Flying fast, I feel the wind under my wings. The exhilarating feeling of flight. I missed you so much. Here I am, flying with the Wonderbolts, the fastest flying team in Equestria. I look over to see my Captain, Rainbow Dash. She is the real reason I am here. It was her that helped my earn my wings. I used to hate her. She did, after all, get me kicked out of the academy. I am just glad that I am here. I am Lightning Dust, the happiest mare in the air.









Treble

I can't believe Lightning! She could have gotten us caught! We can't afford to fly because we could endanger ourselves. And yet, I can't be mad at her for long. I really want to go out and fly myself. Since its getting dark, I suppose that the chance of danger is not as present as it was. I start running. I open my wings, but I stop myself.

No. I can't possibly take the risk. The fact of the matter is that its too dangerous. If I get caught, the consequences could be dire for us. Rose was lucky enough to be in the same boat as us. As I slow down, I realize that I don't know where I am. I turn around immediately. The path I took is covered with briars, and its impossible to make out where I was coming from. The only solution is the one I am most dreading. Its not like a lot of planes fly over our town, but it does happen occasionally. I shake my head. Now is not the time to be dwelling on that.

Once again, I unfurl my wings. I start flapping. The ground moves away from me at an alarming rate. Soon, I pass the tops of trees. I will myself to fly higher. Up and up I go, looking around to see if I can spot my neighborhood. I find what I am looking for. I see the beautiful gardens Rose has been nurturing for all these years. I see the house I was born and grew up in. I start to head in that direction. I notice that flight feels really familiar to me, as though I had done it millions of times. The natural movement of my wings begins to make me move forward. Right then and there, I feel like it is the most wonderful thing in the world. Now I see what Lightning was talking about.

As I move, I also realize that I know how fast I am going. 73 miles per hour. The speed alone is amazing. I hold my wings out to the side, and glide home. As I approach, I close my wings. I drop like a rock. A rock moving at 142 miles per hour. Too late, I realize I am moving too fast to open my wings. Suddenly, I hit something hard, but soft enough that it doesn't hurt. I look down and see a cloud. I sigh, happy that I am a pegasus. Thank God for that. I sit there, thinking about how soft the cloud is. Eventually, though, I head for home. I decide that I want to take the cloud with me. I grab the cloud in my hooves and drag it in the direction of my house.

As I enter the house with the cloud, I hear both Lightning and Rose snoring like crazy. I realize that I, too am exhausted. I fall asleep soon enough.


Aaand, there. I move the cloud into the perfect spot. Sometimes I am glad to travel the multiverse, but I especially love to come home to Ponyville. My life is wrought with danger. Thankfully, I have the most luck ever. Thank Celestia that I was able to escape that crustaticon. Those antimatter creatures sure are difficult to deal with, especially their explosive-shooting claws. I stretch, feeling lucky to be alive. I am Treble Clef, best singer this side of the multiverse. Huh, maybe I should ask Vinyl to do a record with me. Later.