• Published 8th May 2013
  • 3,392 Views, 43 Comments

The Adventures of Jake in Equestria - Sky Hawk



Getting use to a new life, a new world, and having the love of an immortal princess.... Life is anything but boring.

  • ...
5
 43
 3,392

The Truth Comes Out

The week seemed to fly by leading up to the party. The castle was very busy leading up to it and Jake would often take strolls outside the castle just to get away from it all and look around. The surrounding city had so much to offer. Shops, theaters, museums you name it they had it. The captain of the guard had suggested that a body guard be sent with him for protection. “After all it wouldn’t look right for royalty to be wondering around unprotected” he’s said.

Jake had politely declined the captain’s offer and said that he would be fine. In fact Jake just didn’t want someone trying to baby sit him. He was more than capable of taking care of himself. After leaving Joe’s Doughnut Shop, (which had come highly recommended by Spike), Jake made his way over to the park. There was a group of fillies and colts gathered around a small stage that looked like it was wagon. As Jake got closer he noticed that it was a puppet show. The small cart was decorated with streamers and masks adorned the corners. The stage was painted blue with golden starts and the little curtains were red. There was a small partition up that read The Great and Humble Trixie’s Traveling Puppet & Magic Show. Jake stood in the back of the crowd of children and their parents to watch. He had walked in near the end of a story where this little blue puppet with a pointed blue hat and stars was repenting her wicked ways to a familiar looking purple puppet. As the curtains drew closed the children cheered and clapped their hooves. The puppet master came out from behind the little stage and took a bow. She was a blue unicorn with a white main. She wore what looked like a wizard’s hat with star and she had a cloak on.

“Thank you, thank you everypony. You’ve been an amazing audience but are you ready for more?” The blue unicorn asked.

The children cheered and of course answered “YES.”

“Then the Great and Humble Trixie shall perform some amazing tricks for you!”

She used her magic to levitate her hat in front of her upside down. She grasped it with one foreleg and circled the other over top. “And now I shall pull a rabbit from my hat.”

With that she plunged her hoof into the hat and produced a rabbit. The children cheered but off to one side of the audience came the statement “Lame!”

Jake looked over to see a group of teenagers and one of them seemed like he wanted to share his opinion with the rest of the world.

Trixie ignored the comment and continued the show like a professional. “Now pay attention children. You don’t want to miss Trixie’s next trick.”

She produced several long balloons from her hat and with her magic immediately blew them up and started twisting them together. Soon she had made a giraffe and an elephant, which proceeded to start dancing around on stage all by themselves. The children again cheered.

“That was pathetic! We wanna see some real magic, none of this kiddy garbage.”

Alright I’m done listening to this jerk. Before Trixie could say anything Jake turned towards the teens. “Excuse me, but your interrupting a great show here.”

Everyone looked at Jake and immediately bowed. “Everyone rise, please. So what is your problem?”

The teen rose but still had the wicked look in his eyes. “She’s a fraud. These are parlor tricks. I want to see some REAL magic.”

Jake looked back at Trixie who seemed a little nervous. Jake remembered that Trixie at one time had been full of herself and caused trouble for Ponyville but that was in the past. She certainly didn’t deserve this especially from some loud mouthed colt.

“Ok, well I happen to know that Trixie saves the best for last.” With that he turned and walked toward her. “For your next trick I would like to see an age spell. I will gladly volunteer myself.”

Trixie got close enough to Jake so that only he could hear her. “Your Highness, I can’t do that. I’m not that good.” She looked almost panicked.

“Don’t worry, you can do this. All I need you to do is create a distraction and I will help you.” Jake said as he winked at her.

Trixie closed her eyes and took a breath. Then she stood on her back legs and through her front hooves in the air. “Very well, since we have some neigh sayers in the audience. The Great and Powerful Trixie shall show you an age spell. This can only be done by the highest level of unicorn. Prepare yourselves to be amazed.”

The air around Jake began to glow blue and he levitated off the ground. Trixie was the picture of concentration and focus as beads of sweat started to form on her head around her glowing horn. Her jaw was set into a line as she bore her teeth and then there was a flash of light and Jake was a very young colt. He stood on his back leg and threw his front hooves out to his sides with his wings spread, “TA DA!”

The crowd of children were now jumping up and down and cheering like crazy. The teens just stood there in awe. Trixie looked surprised herself. The heckler tried to hide his amazement. “S-so, big deal.”

“Wow everything so much taller.” Jake walked among the children as they touched him and walked around him to make sure he was real. He then walked back over to Trixie. “Oh Great and Powerful Trixie, could you please return me to my former self?”

“But of course, stand back every pony so that the Great and Powerful Trixie can work.” Once again she cast her spell and Jake was enveloped by a blue glow and with a flash Jake was an adult again only this time he was a stunning Mare.

The children again cheered. Some of the teen's friends had their eyes pop out with tongues hanging out. The heckler couldn’t believe his eyes. Off in the distance some pony even whistled at Jake and some cat calls could be heard. He or she looked down at herself. “Oh poo, I wasn’t a mare before. Now you’re just teasing me Trixie but I must say I look amazing. What do you boys think?”

Jake walked slowly around the group of teens who eyed him with hunger. “So are you impressed now?” Jake said as she took her tail and ran it from one side of the heckler’s face underneath his chin and to the other side.

She looked back over her shoulder and looked seductively at the teen. He looked as though he was about to lose control. Suddenly the heckler remembered that Jake use to be stallion. The embarrassment on his face was painfully obvious as he turned bright red. “Th-this is stupid. We’re outta here.” With that he pushed through his friends and walked quickly away as his friends took one last look at Jake and followed him.

“Good riddance to rude people,” Jake said with a smirk on her face. “So could you please make me a stallion once more?”

“The Great and Humble Trixie shall grant your request.”

This time she flung her head in Jake’s direction, kicked up her back legs and planted her front legs in the ground as a beam of magic shot from her horn. It struck Jake dead on and with a flash he was a stallion once more. The audience which had grown during this time from children to many adults now cheered and stomped their hoofs in applause. Trixie stood forth and took a bow and then pointed towards Jake who came forward and took a bow. After the show Trixie signed autographs and people tipped her with bits. Jake looked on and smiled and then turned to leave. “Wait!”

Jake stopped and turned to see Trixie run up to him. “You weren’t going to just leave without saying goodbye where you? You saved me back there. The whole show could have been ruined by that jerk and you saved me.”

“What are you talking about? You were the one casting those spells, not me.” Jake said as he tried to fake innocence.

Trixie looked away from him and rubbed one foreleg against the other. “No I didn’t. Those spells are way out of my league. It was all you.”

Jake stole a quick glance around to make sure no one was close. Then he took a hoof and gently turned Trixie head so that she was looking him in the eyes. “I know that and you know that but THEY don’t know that. Besides a good magician never reveals her secretes.” Jake said with a wink and a smile.

Trixie blushed, “Oh well, your right but let me at least give you something to show my thanks.”

She used her magic to levitate a portrait of herself and a quill. She then signed it; To my handsome assistant. Thanks for all your help. Magically yours Trixie.

She handed it to him. “Oh and if I may be so bold, your Highness?”

“The name is Distant Star, but you can just call me Star if you like. What would you like to ask me?”

Trixie walked closer and leaned her head against the side of his neck. She nuzzled it gentle with her eyes closed, “Thank you again.”

Jake just smiled and returned her nuzzle, “Anytime, it’s what I do.”

With that Trixie took a step back and bowed. Then the two parted ways as Jake went back to the castle.

. . . . .

Jake stood in front of a mirror that was very familiar to him. It was the gateway back to Earth. He closed his eyes and focused on himself. His horn glowed white and then a flash of light and Jake was human once more, (or at least in appearance). He was just as he remembered himself. He was a tall, well build, blonde haired, blue eyed man. He turned from one side to another examining himself in the mirror. He was wearing a black and white tuxedo that (thanks to magic), fit perfectly. Satisfied with the end result he walked around the room testing to make sure that the spell wouldn’t break. He then heard a voice outside the room. “I’m going to change for the party. Tell Luna to come see me when she is done.” It was Celestia coming it, this was perfect.

Jake quickly jumped out onto the balcony and waited till Celestia was in the room alone. Once he was sure that she was he called to her. “Hi hon, are you done for the day?”

“Well most of it. Now comes the party which some of these things can feel like work. Thank Luna, that Twilight and her friends are coming. They always manage to brighten up the mood of what would otherwise be a stuffy boring party for rich ponies.”

Jake came in from the balcony and walked up behind Celestia, who was deciding whether to go in costume tonight or not. “So when am I going to get to see what you’re going as?” Celestia called out.

“Why don’t you turn around and see for yourself?”

Celestia turned and was stunned speechless for few seconds. The only noise escaping her was a *gasp* as she covered her mouth with a hoof. The last time she had seen Jake as a human was the day they had their date on Earth, which ended with Jake’s death.

“Hello Angel. Long time no see.” Jake reached out a hand and lightly touched the side of Celestia’s face.

“Jake?” Celestia said as tears started to form in her eyes.

“What’s wrong? I didn’t mean to upset you.” Jake smile turned to concern.

“It’s just that, it’s like seeing a ghost. The last time I saw you this way you were covered in blood and a corps. Now you’re…” Celestia’s words trailed off.

Jake took his hand and gently brushed the tears from her eyes and then held her in his arms. “What have I told you before? Angels shouldn’t cry. Besides that is in the past and it was my call. I kept you safe and that was important. Please stop blaming yourself.”

Jake felt her draw him closer in. “I know all that but still. This is your true form and I…”

“That’s enough” he whispered. “I loved you then and I love you now. No questions or doubts about it. No pony can know what the future holds. Besides it has worked out and we have each other now.”

Jake broke the embrace and took a step back. “So what do you think? Is this an A+ costume or what?”

Celestia started to feel better as she looked him over. “You’ll always get an A+ in my book but if I knew this was what you were going as I would have dressed to match.”

With that she transformed into her beautiful human self. She had the same long flowing blond hair, with lavender eyes. She was shorter than Jake by only a little and she wore the same light blue summer dress with white sandals.
“Remember this?” She said as she was enjoying the surprised look on Jake’s face.

“How could I forget? I don’t care what form you are, you’re still a beauty.” As Jake embraced her it was like going back to the first moment when they were in his room on Earth holding each other when she had arrived.

At this point Luna came walking into the room. “Alright sis what did you want to see me about?” She caught sight of the two embraced and in human form. “Oh! Jake?”

The two separated and turned to Luna. Jake smiled and walked up to her. “Hi Luna, so what do you think of my costume?”

Luna walked around Jake looking him over. “So this is what you looked like on Earth?” She looked towards Celestia in human form. “So are you going this way too?”

Celestia smiled, “Maybe.”

“I wish to try being human too.” Luna horn glowed and in a flash she was a stunning raven haired woman wearing nothing but a tiara and a smile. “So what do you think of my human form Jake?”

Luna stood confidently before him. Jake eyes went wide. Luna could have passed for an underwear model. He quickly turned away from her and looked at the ceiling. “You don’t like it do you?” Luna seemed to wilt as Jake turned away so quick.

“NO no, just the opposite, you’re beautiful.” Jake said giving a thumbs-up in approval.

“Then why do you look away? Look into my eyes and tell me that.” Luna had her hands on her hips and looked a little irritated.

Jake looked at Luna’s naked form. Her alabaster skin, dark eyes and long dark hair and everything else was the image of human physical perfection and beauty. “You look amazing, really.” Then Jake quickly looked away again to avoid gawking at her.

“I don’t understand why you keep looking away then. You had no problems looking at Tia. So why won’t you look at me?”

“Because you’re naked Luna.” Jake said flatly.

“So, we’re almost always naked. What does that have to do with anything?”

“Humans don’t usually run around in the nude unless umm…” It was becoming difficult to think with Luna just standing there in her birthday suite.

Picking up on the fact that Jake found her attractive and her nudity was bothering him. She decided a little payback was in order for a certain wakeup call earlier in the week. She seductively walked over and wrapped herself around him. “So what you’re saying is that me naked in this form makes you uncomfortable.” She took her index finger and started drawing little circles on his chest.

Jake looked to Celestia for help and saw her redden. She was jealous of her sister hanging all over him. “Luna, knock it off. Besides Jake thinks my body is better.” And with a snap of her fingers Celestia was naked as well.

This is too much. Please someone help me. Jake thought as the shock of Celestia naked stunning form wrapped herself around him.

Celestia took Jake by the chin and looked deep into his eyes. “So which of us looks better, me?”

Luna turned Jake to look at her. “Or me?

Oh, God save me please! “I would be impolite to judge, you’re both so lovely.” Jake said his voice under considerable strain and his face burned.

“Hey, what’s this?” Luna said as she poked Jake below the belt.

TOO MUCH, shutting down. That was all he could take. It was impossible to hold the spell any longer and instantly he turned back into an alicorn. His wings rigid, his face burning red, and no more blood flowed to his brain but instead out his nose, Jake passed out. He awoke to two very concerned looking alicorn princesses watching over him. Luna was magically fanning him while Celestia had a cool wash cloth on his head.

“We’re so sorry Jake. We didn’t mean to take it so far? Are you alright?” Luna said looking concerned.

“Yes, we didn’t mean to break you sweetheart.” Celestia chimed in.

“I’m fine now, thanks. Just too much uh, stimulation at once that’s all.” Jake said as he slowly got to his feet with the help of the sisters.

“Well now, that is over with. Do you know if Twilight and her friends have arrived yet?” Jake asked the both of them.

“Yes, they were each given rooms in the east wing.” Celestia said.

“Well I better get over there and pass my final.”

“We’re coming with you. There will be lots of questions and Luna and I should be there to help answer them. After all, you are who you are because of us.” Celestia said as she took her place next to Jake.

“I agree this has been a long time coming. You shouldn’t have to do this alone. Also, what did you want to see me about Tia?”

“Oh, that’s right, what are you going as tonight?”

“What else, Nightmare Moon.”

“You always go as Nightmare Moon.” Celestia said rolling her eyes.

“What? She’s a great get up.”

. . . . .

The three walked to the east wing of the castle. They knocked on every pony’s door to make sure they were all in the same room when this went down. Finally everyone was gathered into Twilight’s room. “Princess Celestia what did you want to tell us?” Twilight asked.

“It’s not me. Prince Distant Star has something he would like to say to all of you.”

All eyes turned to Jake. He took a deep breath and began. “I consider you all my friends. You have all had questions about me, my past, about my home, etc. but I have always avoided giving you the answers you seek. I was afraid that I would be rejected and shunned.”

The response was a wave of “How could you think that, or absolutely not. We would never do such a thing,” from the mares and a dragon.

Jake held up a hoof and the room went quiet. “What I’m about to tell all of you must be kept secret. The world as a whole would not understand. Can I depend on all of you?”

Pinkie stood forth, “Well of course you can silly. Ready every pony and Spike, its Pinkie promise time. Cross our hearts and hope to die stick a cupcake in our eye.” They said as they crossed their chests.

“Very well then, this is my story but first I think you should know what I use to really look like.” Jake’s magic transformed him once again into a human in a tux.

The collective *gasp* should have cause the room to implode but the walls held. “My real name is Jake. I’m a human male from a planet known as Earth. At least I use to be till almost a year ago. I promise I’m no threat and you can come and look and touch me. I promise I’m still the same pony and won’t bite.”

One by one they group came forward to look and touch Jake. Then when every pony seemed satisfied he took a seat and started his tale of how he met Princess Celestia through a magic mirror. Celestia would add her side of the story and used her magic to put up images in the air of her visit to Earth. Every pony just sat silently not wanting interrupt the tale. When they got to the part of the visit there some giggles at the funny parts and tears at the sad. At the end Twilight and her friends found out how friendship had turned to love, which turned to sacrifice, which turned into present day. Jake finished the story and for the first time in a long time was really nervous. At first there was just silence then Pinkie spoke up.

“Well I for one am happy you’re here. Doesn’t it feel good to finally get that off your chest? I know you’ve been struggling with that secrete for so long.”

The whole room just stared at her. “Pinkie, you’re telling us that you knew this whole time that he wasn’t a pony?” Celestia said.
“Well duh. I thought you guys knew too and we were just going to let him tell us in his own time.”

Jake burst out laughing. “That’s Pinkie for ya. She is the most connected pony to the universe. No one knows how or why but Pinkie just knows these things. It’s like her Pinkie sense, don’t try to understand it.”

“So that is why you didn’t go to my brother’s wedding? You knew what was going to happen and the outcome.” Twilight said fixing Jake with a stare. “What else do you know?”

“Only what I saw on the show. So far the time line has run its course. I can’t get involved because that could alter the future. You of all ponies should understand the dangers of time and knowledge of the future.”

Twilight nodded her head in agreement. “Tell me this. Do our collective futures as a whole look good?”

Every pony and Spike looked to Jake. “Yes, your lives will be good ones but remember my knowledge only comes from the show I saw on Earth. The writers could have gotten some of it wrong in which case the future like always is unknown.”

Twilight had a serious expression on her face as she nodded again in agreement. She then looked to Celestia. “I don’t always understand the enormous responsibilities you may have Princess Celestia but as your faithful and most trusted student you could have come to me or any of us with this. We aren’t just your subjects, we are your friends. It was you who knew the importance of friendship when you sent me to Ponyville. She seemed a little upset with the Princess which was unusual for Twilight.

“I’m sorry Twilight. It’s very difficult being me sometimes. This crown can get very heavy.”

“I’m sure it can but I’m saying this for the future. You are here for every pony let us be there for you. Remember no pony is an island. That is why we have friends.”

At this last statement Celestia looked to Luna who was wearing a little smile. She too had made the same statement to her long ago. She looked back to her student feeling so loved. “It appears the teacher is the student in this case. Thank you Twilight for reminding me of this truth.” The ponies all came and group hugged Celestia.

Jake just watched and smiled. Now Celestia had more ponies in her life. Then the groups broke apart and Twilight walked over to Jake and spoke a serious tone. “And as for you Jake, this is for you.”

She used her magic to bring Jake down to one knee and then kissed his cheek and embraced him. “Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving Princess Celestia not only with your friendship and love but with your life. There is no greater gift that can be given by any other pony then to willingly give your life for another.

Jake could feel hot tears hit his neck. Twilight was crying. "Our world…I owe you a debt that can never be repaid. You were nervous about what we would think of you after all that you’ve done? She knew you for a couple of weeks but you knew her for a life. Then in one day you gave up your future for her.”

The next thing Jake knew he was surrounded by every pony and one little dragon in a massive group hug. “We’re here for ya big guy” Spike said.

“Friends forever and always.” Pinkie Pie added.

“You have a great big ol family in all of us now.” Said Applejack

“And no matter where you may go…”Fluttershy started

“We will always be with you.” Rainbow Dash finished

“What you see darling what we are trying to say…” Rarity began.

“Is that we love you.” Twilight ended.

There was so must compassion in the room Jake was over whelmed. If there was heaven to found in Equestria Jake was already there. Tears ran down his face of joy, of relief, and of love for every soul in the room. “I…I don’t know what to say?” Jake said his voice breaking. “I love you all so much. Thank you for not hating me. Thank you for understanding.

“Oh and one more thing Jake, you passed your final” Twilight said.

There was an overall giggle from the group who still wouldn’t let go on one another. “But I haven’t even gone to the party yet using magic.” Jake mumbled.

“Oh Jake, I just wanted you to go to the party. As my mentor once told me, I respect your dedication but you simply must stop reading those dusty old books.” Twilight said remembering the advice the Princess Celestia has once given her.
The party that evening was amazing. Jake and the group decided that it would be best that he not go as his human self. That might cause a panic which would equal a stampede and as funny as that sounded some pony might actually have gotten hurt. So he went as a Gryphon instead. But the real event for that evening was what happened in Twilight’s room, where the true meaning of harmony was shown.

Author's Note:

I would like to thank Ariin for being my editor this time and for his quick response in getting this back to me. I hope everyone enjoys this and remember that if you like it don't forget the thumbs-up. Also feel free to leave comments. I love hearing from you guys.