• Published 17th May 2013
  • 11,590 Views, 439 Comments

The Incredibly Interesting Date with the Non-Winning Human - BronyWriter



Winningverse Cloud Kicker goes on a date with Non-Bronyverse TD

  • ...
54
 439
 11,590

Platonic

I rested my head on the table and stared at the wall while Blossomforth had me in a wing-hug. She had come over the moment that she knew that I was one of the ponies who had been affected by the love poison incident. Neither she nor Derpy had been involved, thank Shadow.

I took a deep breath and leaned into Blossom, allowing her to cradle me with her other wing. "I don't want to ask if you're okay, but can I do anything to help?"

I shook my head. "No. I'm not even sure what would help at this point."

"I'm sorry," Blossom muttered. "I know that he was your friend."

"Yeah." I closed my eyes and facehooved. "Honestly, though, it was more than that. It was my strongest platonic relationship with somebody that I didn't accidentally disembowel when we were foals." I gave an unamused snort. "So you can imagine why I'd enjoy his company."

"So you never even thought about banging him when you hung out?"

I shrugged. "Sure I thought about it, but not seriously. As a matter of fact..." I pulled away from Blossom and looked out the window in the direction of TD's house. "I'm not sure I would have banged him, even if he had asked."

Blossom frowned and cocked her head. "Really? That seems a little uncharacteristic of you."

I shot Blossom a slight glare. "Oh come on, you know there's more to me than just banging." I sighed and leaned my head against my forelegs. "Look... banging is awesome. I'm never going to get tired of it, and it’s always something that I'm going to try to enjoy with other ponies. It shows that I love them." A shadow of my old confident smile returned. "And there is a lot of Cloud Kicker love to go around."

Blossom rolled her eyes, but allowed me to continue. My smile faded and I shook my head. "Having said all of that, I'm not going to deny that there can be complications to it. Some ponies get the wrong idea about it, some ponies want me all to themselves, and so on." I glanced over at Blossom. "Look, I know you care for me too, and I know you are always there for me, but it was kinda nice to have a relationship where banging was never on the table for either of us." I snorted, and this time there was a hint of amusement behind it. "The Gala aside, obviously."

Blossom copied my snort. "Obviously."

"But once our relationship got established, it was kinda nice having a friend that I could just meet for drinks every Friday where banging never crossed either of our minds." I ran a hoof through my mane as the events of that morning crossed my mind. "Look, a big part of why we established that early on was the fact that he's not attracted to ponies. I get that. He's attracted to his own species. When I saw the look on his face when we discovered the rings and the marriage certificate on top of the fact that he had to deal with the fact that we made out..." I shook my head. "He looked kinda scared. Really scared, actually."

"I can understand why he'd be feeling that," Blossom admitted. "Waking up married to somepony would be pretty shocking and terrifying if it happened randomly like that."

I groaned and rubbed my temples. Huh, I guess we was rubbing off on me a little bit with that. "Technically I am still married to him. I'm legally still Mrs. Cloud Powell."

Blossom flinched back at that. Given that her crush on me had recently come to light on top of the fact that she was starting to butt heads a little with Derpy meant that it couldn't have been easy for her to hear that. She was hoping that she'd get me, and here I am married to a friend who didn't want it to happen any more than I did.

In fact, I think that the love triangle that I was currently going through was a big reason that TD and I had bonded so quickly, though I would never tell Blossomforth that. We both had huge problems that we were going through, and we would just hang out for a night and either rant about our problems or just completely forget them altogether for a few precious hours. Rainbow Dash was definitely a platonic friend, but if you ever tried to sit her down and have a conversation about your feelings with her, you'd find out that, despite her best efforts, she wouldn't really give advice that you could use very often. Sure, bluntness worked some of the time, but it wasn't something that worked in every situation, and Rainbow Dash didn't really understand that.

"Well, at least you didn't actually bang, right?"

I nodded and traced my hoof around the table. "Yeah. Ninety-nine percent sure."

Blossom raised an eyebrow. "Wait, Ninety-Nine?"

"Yeah." I rested my face on the table. "He woke up fully clothed, so that's a pretty good sign that we didn't, but frankly with me I can't be completely sure, and I think that he knows that."

"Which would just make this whole thing worse for both of you," Blossom guessed.

"Yeah." I started tracing the table with my hoof again. "Yeah it would. If we banged, it would destroy everything that the two of us found special about our relationship. On top of that, he's already kinda got an eye on a mare."

Blossom frowned and cocked her head. "Wait, really? I thought you said he wasn't attracted to ponies."

"You can love somebody and not be physically attracted to them." I raised my head and looked Blossom in the eye. "And I'm not talking about family either. I know it's not something that I've ever really had, but I can at least understand the idea behind that. I think that TD has those kinds of feelings for..." I closed my eyes and shook my head. "Well, I think I'd be betraying his trust if I said who it was."

"Makes sense." Blossom folded her forelegs over her chest. "Does she love him like that?"

I shrugged. "I can't say for sure, but I know that if they ever did take it somewhere then him and me being married would definitely have a negative impact on their relationship. Sure it would be accidental, but..." I scoffed. "How much do you wanna bet that Rarity and Applejack's relationship is going to drastically change now that Rarity has been married to another mare?"

Blossom grimaced and flattened her ears. "Good point."

"I mean, I doubt that the Elements of Harmony are going to break up or Applejack isn't going to want to be with Rarity anymore, but it's kind of hard to casually hang out with your ex-wife."

I tapped my hoof on the table. "I just... I'm not sure what to do."

* * * *

That Friday saw TD and I sitting in the Blue Moon bar again. We had pretty much avoided each other that week, but we had both talked for a few minutes and decided that we should at least try to make things normal again on the suggestions of Twilight and Blossomforth.

Our marriage, and the marriage of everypony else, had been annulled within a few days, so I was officially TD's ex-wife. Yep. Back to Cloud Kicker. I had decided against telling Mom or Alula about it. Alula wouldn't really understand, and I'm not sure I could stomach the idea of telling my mom that I had accidentally gotten married. That would generate all kinds of conversations that I did not want to have.

Of course, I wasn't sure I was ready to have those kinds of conversations with TD. Not sure he was either. The two of us were just sitting across from each other, sipping our cider and not saying a word. We hardly made eye contact the entire time. I knew that both of us wanted to say something, but neither of us really knew how to start off a pretty heavy conversation. Occasionally one of us would half open our mouths as if we wanted to say something, but the words died in our throats every time.

Yeah, it wasn't going to work tonight, and both of us knew it. No doubt that we'd have a conversation about this very soon, but neither of us felt that the time and place where we used to relax around each other was the time and place. We gave each other subtle nods, he tossed a few bits on the table, then walked out the door.

Author's Note:

The RariJack shipping is Chengar's, not mine. I hope you like what I have in store for these two. If I didn't have plans, I would have ended the story here.