• Published 6th May 2013
  • 6,355 Views, 265 Comments

Drowning in Love - Silentpegasus



Wake Breaker, a Pegasus stallion that prefers the dark blue realm of the water to the sky above. A certain Pegasus mare soon finds herself infatuted with the stallion. What will happen when water and air clash?

  • ...
13
 265
 6,355

Chapter 3: Lesson One

Chapter 3

Lesson One.

Wake stood in the three foot deep section of the pool watching the foals swim. “Looking great every pony. Let’s take a short break before the next lap.” He said as the foals got out of the pool and sat on the edge. He nodded at the foals and gave them a reassuring smile. He looked to his right to see Rainbow trot up to him with a smile on her face. “Hey Rainbow what’s up?”

“When are you going to be done?” She said in an annoyed tone.

“There’s still five minutes left.” The mare groaned and sat on the lounge chair. “All you have to do is ask and you can-” The mare quickly covered his mouth with her hoof.

“SHHH! They’ll hear you.” She said as she removed her hoof.

“They?” Rainbow flashed her eyes over to the fillies and the mares who immediately looked away from them. “Again, who in this town is going to make fun of you?”

“You never know.”

“You’re paranoid Dash.” The mare frowned and laid back. The stallion rolled his eyes and looked back at the group of fillies. “Okay everypony let’s get one more lap in then we’ll call it a day.” The foals nodded and got back into the water. Wake leaned over to Rainbow with a smug grin on her face. “Maybe you should take notes.”

“Maybe you should shut up.” She said with malice in her voice. The stallion backed off and turned his attention back to the foals. The ponies finished their lap and got out of the water.

“Good job everypony. Same time next week.” The foals nodded as they dried themselves off. The foals were accompanied by their mothers or older siblings. Once they all left Rainbow got to her hooves and stretched.

“Can we go now?”

“Hang on I need to cover the pool.”

“Why?”

“So bacteria doesn’t grow and infect the water.” He said as he poured a bottle of chemicals into the pool. The mare let out another groan and laid back down. “How's your wing?”

“One day down, another ten to go.” She grunted.

“It’ll go by fairly quickly. Still staying with Twilight?”

“Yup. I’m so bored.” She said as the stallion covered the pool and locked the gate. The mare trotted beside him and let out a sigh.

“Why not stay with somepony else? I’m sure AJ wouldn’t mind.”

“Her cousin is visiting for a few weeks.”

“Fluttershy?”

“That demon bunny of hers hate’s me and throws a fit every time I got to visit her.” She said with a groan.

“Ah yes, I remember the first time I met Angel.” Wake said in a sarcastic tone as he remembered the carrot hitting him in the eye. “Rarity?”

“No way. She’d try to upgrade my wardrobe and use me as a mannequin.”

“True. What about Pinkie?” The mare deadpanned him and raised an eyebrow. “Good point. Well, your bucked.”

“Yep. So what should we do first?”

“I need some breakfast. I overslept and had to skip it.”

“Aren’t you supposed to wait thirty minutes or something after you eat to go swimming?” The stallion looked at her in surprise.

“Looks like you do know something.” He said with a smug grin. The mare slugged him in the side again. “Ow!” He yelled.

“Serves you right.” She said as they trotted into Sugar Cube Corner. The two grabbed a booth and patiently red the menu. Pinkie immediately popped up out of nowhere with a pen and paper pad in her mouth.

“Hey guys what can I get you?” She asked in a happy tone.

“I’ll have some eggs and a cup of coffee.”

“Same.” Dash said as she handed her the menu’s.

“Okay I’ll be back right away.” She said as she happily trotted off towards the kitchen. Rainbow and the stallion waited patiently for their meals. Wake noticed that the mare was staring at him.

“What?”

“Just wondering where you learned to swim.”

“Why?”

“Just curious.” She said with a shrug.

“I grew up in Colt Cod.” Rainbow’s eyes shrank.

“You grew up there?”

“Yeah.” He said as he sipped his coffee. “You ever been there?”

“Yeah.....Once when I was a filly.” She said as she scratched her chin. The stallion shrugged and continued eating. Wake looked across the room and saw a mare struggling with her food. The mare she was with had a concerned look on her face.

“Rose are you okay?” The pink mare asked. The cream colored mare shook her head violently and grabbed her own throat. Wake galloped over and looked at her.

“Are you choking?” The mare quickly nodded her head. “Okay hold still.” He said as he got behind her and performed the heimlich maneuver. A small crowd of ponies gathered around and watched in anticipation. Wake gave one final thrust and the piece of food exited the mares mouth. The mare started to hyper ventilate. “Easy, deep breaths.” He said as he put a hoof on her shoulder. The group of ponies cheered as the mare sat back down.

“Thank you.” She said as she hugged the stallion. Wake rolled his eyes and broke the hug.

“No problem. Just chew your food better.” He said as he walked back over to Rainbow who had a surprised look on her face. Wake pulled a few bits out and put them on the table. “Ready to go?”

“Y-yeah.” She said as she got to her hooves. The two Pegasi trotted out of the bakery shop and made their way towards Wake’s home. “Hey can I ask something?”

“Sure.”

“Are you not into mares?” The blue stallion stopped walking and looked at Dash in confusion.

“WHAT? NO!” He yelled. “Why?”

“Just asking. You’ve basically turned down almost every mare in Ponyville so I just assumed.” She said as she backed off. The blue stallion face hoofed.

“I like mares and as I’ve explained to AJ I’m not interested in anypony right now.” He said with a grunt.

“AJ asked you out?”

“No, she just asked why I’ve turned down so many mares.” He said as he withdrew his key and opened the door. Rainbow looked around and saw a fifty inch flat screen TV mounted on the wall in front of a large leather couch. “Okay follow me.” He said as he walked over to the cellar door. Rainbow followed him down stairs to see the massive pool along side a hot tub and an odd looking device with a ramp curving upwards.

“Wow.” She said in surprise.

“Yep, should we get started?” He asked as he walked over to the edge of the pool.

“How shallow is it?” She asked in a nervous tone.

“Starting out is three feet and goes until it reaches fifty feet.” The mare gulped and looked at her wing.

“Mind if I use the hot tub really quickly? My wing is bugging me.” She lied. The stallion looked at her in suspicion and shrugged.

“Sure.” He said as he trotted over to the machine and turned the dial. The mare got inside and let out a sigh as the warm jet’s soothed her aching wing. The blue stallion did the same and sat across from the mare.

“Where did you get the money to pay for all of this?”

“I invested in the right companies.” He said as he sat back. The stallion let out a sigh and put his head back. “Is your wing better?” The mare looked at it and gave a small nod. “Okay then, let’s get started.” He said as he hopped out of the hot tub. “Do you know how to pony paddle?”

“N-no.” She said in a reluctant tone. The mare got out and walked beside the stallion.

“Okay so we’ll start with the basics.” The stallion then gave the mare a hard push and she fell into the pool. Rainbow immediately rushed towards the surface and started yelling at the stallion.

“MOTHER BUCKER! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?” She yelled as she resurfaced.

“Dash.”

“BUCK YOU!” She said as her head went below the water again.

“Dash.”

“I HOPE YOU DIE!” She said as she came back up.

“DASH!” The stallion bellowed.

“WHAT?”

“Remember this is only three feet deep. You can stand up.” The mare stopped thrashing and extended her hooves to feel the pool’s floor. Rainbow looked at him with a weak grin on her face.

“Oh I knew that.” Her face was scarlet red as the stallion hopped into the pool.

“It’s fine. I shouldn’t have pushed you.”

“Damn right!” She said as she slapped him in the face. The water made the hoof sting against his face.

“Jeez. Are you this abusive to all the stallions you know?”

“Nope just you.” She said in a teasing tone.

“Just my luck.” He said in a sarcastic tone. “Let’s try floating on your back first.”

“Okay. How do I do that?”

“Just fall back and spread your arms and legs out.” Rainbow nodded and flung herself back into the pool. She felt the liquid submerge her body. The mare closed her eyes and felt her back touch the pool floor. The mare snapped her eyes open and started to panic. She felt herself being lifted to the surface by a strong pair of hooves. The mare started to breath heavily and shake as she reached the surface. “You have to do it gently or-” The stallion then saw the mare’s body motions. The iron strong mare was shaking in his arms. “Rainbow? Are you okay?”

“Y-yeah.” She said as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

“You’re crying.”

“I just got some pool water in my eyes.” She lied. The stallion let go and looked at her as she regained her composure.

“We can stop if-”

“No. I gotta do this.” She said in a strong tone.

“Okay remember. Take it slow.” He said.

“Alright.” She said in a weak tone.

“Would you like some help?” He asked. The mare nodded slowly. “Okay lean back.” Rainbow looked at him with a nervous look in her eyes. “It’s alright. I’ll catch you.”

“I don’t know.”

“Dash I’m a lifeguard. I won’t let you fall in.”

“Promise?”

“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” He said as he went through the motions. The mare let out a sigh and slowly fell back. She felt the stallions hooves wrap around her shoulders. Wake put his left arm on her back legs and gently tilted her back so her back was in the water. Dash looked up and saw the stallion looking down at her. The mare felt her face light up being so close to the stallion.

“This is....kinda nice. Almost like I’m floating.” She said with a smile.

“You are.” The stallion said as he raised both hooves up out of the water. The mare felt herself wobble and almost turn over in the water.The stallion quickly shot his hooves under her stabilizing her position. “Easy, remember to keep your balance.” He said in a reassuring tone. The mare nodded as he removed his hooves and she resumed to float on her back. Rainbow faltered for a moment, but quickly kept her balance. “Nicely done.” The stallion said with a smile. Dash quickly put her hooves on the pool floor and smiled.

“Awesome! What’s next?”

“I think we’ll call it for today.”

“What? Why?” She whined.

“I had to deal with a class of hyperactive foals today. Trust me it takes a lot out of you.” He said as he got out of the pool.

“Ugh!” She said as she got out of the pool.

“Calm down. I have the day off tomorrow so you can-” He was cut off as the mare pushed him back into the water. The blue stallion stuck his head out of the water to see the cyan mare laughing at him. “Really Dash?”

“Call it payback.” She said as he got out of the pool. As he dried himself off he couldn’t help but notice the mare’s spectacular physique that was only accented by her long wet mane that clung to her body. He could feel his wings starting to rise from the scene and quickly trotted over to the towel rack. Wake put it over his neck and threw the other one over to Rainbow. “Thanks.” She said with a smile.

Rainbow turned and looked at the blue stallion who was drying his arms off. Her face went red as she followed a single stream of water drip from his snow white mane down his neck and his well built chest. The veins seemed to be constricted against a wall of muscle that was concealed by his blue fur.

*POMF*

Rainbow looked behind her to see that her un bandaged wing was standing at attention. She quickly turned away to hide her blush and let out a small groan of pain as her other wing tried to rise. “H-hey do you have a shower I could use?”

“Yeah, down the hall second door on your right.” He said as he pointed towards the door.

“Thanks.” She said as she hurried off towards the bathroom. The mare shut the door behind her and stepped into the shower. She started it off cold to settle her wing boner and gradually switched it to warm water. Back out side the stallion waited patiently until the mare was done. The door opened to reveal a small cloud of steam and the refreshed Rainbow Dash striking a pose.

“Thanks I needed to get that chlorine out of my mane.”

“N-no problem he said as he quickly trotted inside and closed the door. Rainbow shrugged and trotted around the stallions home. She stopped when she saw a surfboard mounted on the wall above the fire place in the living room. Rainbow approached the board and looked it over. She started to extend a hoof towards it. “Don’t touch that.” A deep voice said coming from the other end of the room. The mare threw on a weak smile and looked at the stallion.

“Heh, heh. Sorry.” She said as she walked towards him. “You surf?”

“A little.” He said with a shrug.

“Are you any good?”

“Nah, I haven’t done it in years.”

“So why keep it?”

“Memories.” He said in a flat tone. The stallion opened the door for the mare who trotted out.

“Hey, you’re off tomorrow right?” Rainbow asked.

“Yeah. Why?”

“Just wondering if you wanted to hang out.” She said as she scratched the back of her neck with her hoof.

“Sure I guess so.” He said with a shrug.

“Cool. See ya tomorrow Coach.” She said as she trotted off with her head held high. The stallion rolled his eyes and yawned. He walked over to the couch and laid down on it resting the back of his head on his fore hooves. He woke up hours later and glanced at the clock.

“Six o’clock huh? Must have dozed off.” He said as he rubbed his eyes. The stallion got to his hooves and yawned. Wake trotted out of the door and made his way into town towards the bar. As he walked in he made his way over to Thunderlane who was sitting at the bar with a drink in his hoof.

“Sup man?” The grey stallion asked as he hoof bumped him.

“Not much. You?” Wake said as he sat down on the stoll next to him.

“Just chilling.” The stallion said as Wake ordered a drink.

“How are things going with Cloud Chaser?”

“Good.” He said as the drink arrived. “You know Cloud’s sister Flitter is single. I could introduce you if you wanted me to.”

“I’ll pass.” Wake said as he sipped his drink.

“C’mon man. She digs lifeguards, most mares do.” He said as he raised his hooves. The blue stallion sipped his drink and let out a sigh. “You know there’s a rumor going around that you’re a colt cuddler.”

“Let them think what they want. I didn’t become a lifeguard to get laid.” He said as he sipped his drink. The grey stallion let out a sigh.

“Man I don’t get you. You hooked me up with Cloud Chaser and did the same with Mac and Cherilee. Yet you never go after the mare’s yourself. When you clearly have the skill to. Why?”

“I’m just better at being a wing stallion.” He said with a shrug.

“No argument there. I still don’t see why you don’t date. You could have almost any mare in this town and yet you don’t do anything about it.” He said in a flat tone. The blue stallion paid for his drink and got to his hooves.

“Things like that don’t matter to me.” He said as he trotted out of the bar. The stallion made his way home. The path in front of him was lit by the moon light. Wake trudged along with barely any motivation in his step. He looked at the night sky and let out a sigh. Wake let out a sigh as he entered his home and laid down to sleep. He looked up at the ceiling and let out a sigh as he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.