• Published 9th Feb 2012
  • 1,408 Views, 16 Comments

Princestians - Buob



An OC meets Mane 6 and finds they're like the ponies in her old town

  • ...
0
 16
 1,408

Ponyville

It was growing dark as the tan pony caught sight of Ponyville. She had come for one reason; to get away from home. Her old town, Gemstone Valley, had become intertwined with a cult. They were peaceful, but it sickened her when everypony started calling themselves “Princestians.”

Windy blew her grey mane out of her eyes as she trotted forward. The wind was picking up and she wanted to be inside the city by nightfall. She gazed at the white stripe in her mane in both hope and pain. She stopped for a minute, gazing at the white, lit by the rising full moon.

“Save me,” she silently whispered to the stripe, her words becoming lost in the wind. Another pang of betrayal hit her and she shuddered and scrunched her eyes in mental pain. She shook her head and chuckled. You know you’re going crazy when you talk to a discoloration in your hair, she thought as she started trotting again.

~~~

She finally reached Ponyville. The moon was overhead, allowing Windy to see everything within a few miles. She slowed her pace and started looking around.

“Come on. I-N-N. I-N-N. Where are you, inn?”

Within a few minutes Windy found a red sign with the letters I-N-N. Giving a silent cheer, she sauntered in. Seeing no one at the counter, she got a little worried.

“Hello?” she quietly called, looking around.

“Hey there!”

A dark yellow mare came walking to the counter from a back room. There were bags under her eyes, and it was pretty obvious that Windy had woken her up.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Do you have a room open?”

“We do. It’s up those stairs and on the right. And do you have bits?”

Windy looked at the pony behind the counter with a blank look. The mare looked a little disappointed.

“Well, I guess it’s on the house tonight.”

“Oh, thank you very much!”

“Yeah, no problem. Have a good sleep.”

“Thanks, you too.”

Windy turned around and walked up the stairs. When she reached the top, a medium length hallway sprang forth with four or five doors on each side of the hallway. She quickly came to her room and opened the door. Once inside, she looked around. It was sort of plain; a rug, a bed, and a table, but it was nice and cozy, and she felt quite at home. Tired from her long journey, she plopped into bed and slept.

~~~

The sun was high in the sky and she felt very refreshed when she woke up. She yawned and stretched, getting all of the cricks out of her back and limbs, then walked out the door.

Instantly she retracted, for there, right in front of the stairs, was a sign. WELCOME PARTY FOR THE NEWCOMER! Windy could only guess that it was for her. She sidestepped the sign warily and made her way downstairs. The sign was nothing to what awaited her downstairs. Confetti was all over the place, a few tables with food had been set up in the cramped space, and ponies were everywhere. There was one that stood out, however. She was pink all over, aside from her cutie mark, which were three balloons. This pinkie pony was bouncing off of walls, throwing more confetti on the already confetti-flooded ground.

Within seconds, the pink pony noticed Windy standing at the bottom of the stairs. Oh no, she saw me! The pink pony was standing beside Windy before she could blink.

“Hiya!”

“Um, hey.”

“You’re new in town! I would know, cause I know everypony in Ponyville!”

“Yes I am. Is there anything else totally obvious that you want to state?”

The pink pony frowned.

“Do you...do you...not like me?” She asked, a tear coming to her eyes.

“Uhhhh....yes...er no. Um....I like you, sorta. I think. To be honest, I haven’t really met you and gotten to know you yet.”

The tear quickly evaporated from the pink mare’s eye.

“Well then, I’ll just have to introduce myself! I’m Pinkie Pie, glad to meet you!”

“Windy. So, what’s with the...party?”

“Well, you’re new, silly.”

“Yeah, so?”

“I throw parties for every new pony! As they say, ‘there ain’t no party like a Pinkie Pie party!’”

“I still don't understand .”

“Really? Everypony─even Celestia─knows that I throw the best parties in all of Equestria!”

Instantly, everything that Windy liked about this pony was gone. She had just started to like this Pinkie Pie, but now she knew that she was a Princestian. Slowly, she started moving towards the door. Pinkie Pie noticed the subtle movements.

“Hey, where you going?”

Windy bolted. She had barely made it to the door when she bumped into an orange earth pony with a blond braid and cowboy hat.

“Woah there, Sugar! And where are you off to?”

“Anywhere but here,” Windy said hurriedly, taking a glance behind her. Seeing Pinkie Pie gaining speed on her, she bolted out the door, knocking the southern pony down.

“Well excuse me fer bein’ in yer way,” said the orange mare, unhappy about being knocked over. Windy felt sorry, but she needed to get away from Pinkie Pie.

Galloping at full speed, she looked behind her. To her delight, the pink pony was nowhere to be seen. She looked forward just in time to see the wall she was about to run into.

WHACK!

Windy lay on the ground writhing in pain, holding her face. Her muzzle had gotten the brunt of the blow, and she was sure she had broken her nose. Though her face was numb, she could see blood on the ground pouring out of her nose.

“I was gonna say ‘watch out,’ but I guess I was a little late.”

“You again.”

Windy looked at Pinkie Pie and saw a purple unicorn standing behind the pink wonder.

“Are you alright?” asked the purple unicorn.

“Yeah...it’s just a little pain.”

“This is Twilight Sparkle!” Pinkie broke in.

“Hey Pinkie, what about me?”

"Oh, sorry Spike. That’s Spike. He’s Twilight’s number one assistant.”

“More like ‘only assistant,’” Spike muttered.

Windy rolled her eyes. “And I’m supposed to do what with this information?”

“They’re just introductions, you silly filly.”

“Again, you’re stating the obvious.” Windy got up and looked at Twilight.

“It's Windy,” she said curtly, then turned and trotted away. The last thing she heard was Twilight’s confused, “Actually, it’s not too bad. Do you feel a breeze, Spike?”

Chapter End