• Published 27th Sep 2011
  • 4,373 Views, 74 Comments

A rainbows burden - tyion



Fluttershy and Trixie get intoxicated with an unknown poison. Is there a way to cure them?

  • ...
6
 74
 4,373

Chapter 7

The way to Twilight's house was followed by silence for the most part. Drawing closer to the library, they saw Pinkie and Applejack had already arrived and were waiting for them. As soon as Pinkie's eyes caught Rarity and Dash she started to wave frantically at the two ponies.

"At least one of us is in a good mood." Rarity snickered

"Yea that's our Pinkie" Dash giggled as well.

"Hey Rarity, hey Dashie" Pinkie said in the jubilant mannerism she was known for.

"Hello Pinkie Pie" Rarity greeted the pink pony with not even half the enthusiasm.

"Now then shall we get inside?" Dash asked the group; everypony responded with a determined nod, even Pinkie looked somewhat serious.

Dash nervously knocked at the door, unsure what is awaiting them.

"Come in, the door is open" a voice from inside demanded.

Dash pushed the door and trotted inside, the other three following her closely.

"Spike, bring our guests something to drink" Trixie commanded, and Spike, to the other ponies surprise, obeyed without moaning.

"Where is Twilight?" Applejack asked after they all sat down.

"She is currently busy preparing everything, for the time being I'll explain to you how this will be executed."

Meanwhile Spike was finished serving everypony with apple juice. He murmured something about being an assistant and not a slave but no one minded him.

Trixie made sure she had their undivided attention before she started to explain to them how it will be done.

"The first thing we need to do is get the pegasus over here. Dash, you will take care of that. We need to do everything as fast as possible because after Fluttershy has been unplugged from the respirator-"

"Wait I gotta remove her from that thing? Can she even survive without it?" Dash interrupted her in an outrage

"Yes, you have to, and no she won't, at least not for long. That's why we got to hurry up. Once you arrive here you will head to the basement and I'll instruct you further once your back here.

The two earth ponies and the unicorn will stay with me; I'll cast the spell on you while Dash is getting the patient." Trixie awaited any form of respond but it seemed everypony understood what they had to do.

"Ok then lets get started. Go get her Dash, we will be ready when you arrive back here,"

Dash gave them a reassuring nod before flying off.

"You three follow me," Trixie said as she walked down the stairs into the basement.

The dim light instantly assaulted their eyes; the damp and thick air made it a pain to breathe down here. The ground however was spotless, not a single item was lying there.

"Howdy there Twilight," Applejack greeted her friend

Twilight turned around and a small smile formed on her face at the sight of her friends. "Hey guys. Is Dash already on her way?" she asked them; they nodded as a response.

"That's why we should hurry up, I'll need you all to cut your hooves and provide a tiny amount of blood in order for the spell to work," Trixie announced with a dictating voice.

Everypony, except Twilight, was slightly confused. Rarity was the first one who levitated the knife which Trixie held and cut her hoof firmly.

"Now?" Rarity asked

"Draw a circle alongside the outlines on the ground as long as your blood lasts" Trixie answered, pointing at the contours of a circle approximately 10x10 inches big.

"You two do the same" she told Pinkie and Applejack and proceeded to cut her own hoof as well. Twilight did the same.

A couple of minutes passed before the entire circle was overdrawn with blood.

"Applejack you go to the top please. Pinkie you go to the right hoof left corner and Rarity you go to the top left hoof corner." Twilight exclaimed as she gestured where every single pony had to stand. After her three friends stood where they should, she moved to the bottom left and Trixie to the bottom right.

When everyone was in position Trixie spoke up "I will cast the spell on you now, it will combine our minds with Twilight's. She will lead us through the spell. It is important that you keep calm during the whole procedure."

With those words being said, the blue unicorn closed her eyes and her horn started to glow.

Several minutes passed without anything happening; suddenly Rarity felt a stinging pain in her head, but it faded as quickly as it came. "W..o..w" Rarity thought in awe after the spell had been cast on her, she could think as clearly as never before. Being linked with Twilight's mind, she had access to everything Twilight knew and thought, and that was a lot.

She knew that Twilight was smart but this amount of knowledge was sick. "Twilight is a genius" the white unicorn thought.

"Thanks..." a timid noise echoed inside of the white unicorn's mind.

Rarity let out a shocked scream before asking "You can hear what I'm thinking?"

"Well, duh, of course we can, that's what the spell does" Pinkies voice responded.

"I reckon we gotta wait for Dash know, don't we?"

============

Meanwhile Dash arrived at the hospital; she purposely flew rather slowly so she can save her energy for the way back. Flying around the building, she found the room where Fluttershy was lying, and opened up the window; it was not locked as expected.

She flew inside and stopped as she was standing right next to the unconscious pegasus. Raising her hoof she gripped the tube of the respirator,trying to pull it off, but she was not able to do it. "Come on Dash, just pull it off" she thought but couldn't bring herself to do it.

"She will die within three minutes" Trixie´s voice crossed her mind.

"That's what keeps her alive in the first place... I can't remove it," she conceded, but then she remembered what Pinkie told her. Dash gulped down her doubts and took a deep breath "3...2...1" she pulled the tube off as she finished her inner countdown. The sound of escaping air filled the room and put her into a trance for a short time. She snapped back into reality as she realized that Fluttershy`s time is running out. Placing the other pegasus on her back she dashed off. She flew in a speed where the air around her turned into whipping slashes. Even though Dash was feeling stinging pain all over her body she did not even think about slowing down. Her current situation reminded her of the last time she was carrying Fluttershy. It made her remember that she is to blame to begin with, if she would have looked for her earlier instead of her stupid, stupid training or if she would have at least flown faster all this wouldn't have happened "I cant fail her again" she thought and sped up even further.

Only a couple of seconds passed until Dash crashed into the library, flying down into the basement as fast as she could.

"Lay her into the middle of the circle," Twilight commanded. Dash put Fluttershy down and waited for further instructions. But Twilight was already busy casting the spell. Dash saw how everypony around her was concentrating on something, so she didn't interrupt or say anything.

Twilight leached more and more energy of her friends through the spell. Her horn was glowing in a light so bright it was impossible to look at it without being blinded. Still it was not enough in order for the spell to work.

"Twilight you have to cast it now, your friends are on the edge of their power," Trixie´s voice resounded in her mind, but Twilight did not listen. She just needed a bit more. Twilight was hearing various voices in her head wailing in agony. She concluded that she had to stop now, even though it wasn't enough to cast the spell. That's why Twilight did the only thing that came to her mind right now.

The whole room got consumed in a blending light for a brief moment. After it faded, Dash looked around the room. Everypony was lying on the ground heavily panting, but they seemed fine, exhausted yet healthy.

"Did it work?" Dash asked. Twilight slowly got on her hooves, she waited a couple of seconds for her breathing to normalize before she exclaimed

"We did not have enough energy to cast the spell." Everypony was shocked "All this for nothing? We couldn't heal her?" Rarity thought before Twilight spoke up once again "However I managed to split up the spell. I healed her lethal injuries, but I couldn't remove the poison from the blood. Not right now at least. I used the remaining energy to cast a regeneration spell on her." She pointed at a mark Fluttershy had above her regular cutie mark; it looked similar to Twilight's. "That's where our energy is sealed in, it will remove the poison and every damage it did on the organs"

"So Shy-Shy is going to be allrighty again?"

"Yep, she should be fine in a week or two" Twilight answered Pinkie's question with a smile on her face.

Those words removed every bit of tension which was in the room just moments ago. Pinkie started to scream and jump around in joy, even though she was as tired as everypony else.

Rarity let out a long sigh before letting herself fall onto the ground in exhaustion. "What a relief" she thought with a smirk on her lips

Dash took awhile to realize what was going on. "Fluttershy is safe" she thought "Thinking that feels so good"

"She is save" Dash murmured to herself.

"She is save!" Dash was yelling now, everypony looked at her as if something was wrong with the pegasus. Then Dash started to laugh, frantically. Pinkie joined the laughter and soon all of them did. Even Trixie had a smile on her face.


========

The next morning Pinkie was the first one to wake up. She stretched herself as she was looking around the room. They all stood at Twilight's house for the night, all being too tired to go home. Fluttershy was unconsciously lying on the couch while everypony else was sleeping on the ground all over the room with nothing but a blanket to cover themselves.

Pinkie got on her hooves and trotted into the bathroom, quickly washing her face. She figured that her friends will be hungry once they wake up, not to speak of her own hunger.

Leaving the library, the warm and bright sun shone upon her. It was a gorgeous day. Birds were singing their melodies, Bees were humming and not a single cloud was to be seen in the sky. Pinkie just stood there for a moment, letting the comforting sunlight embrace her, before she continued bouncing towards Sugarcube Corners.

Upon entering the Bakery, she was instantly greeted by Mrs. Cake. She waved back at her while taking out a tablet of Cupcakes and stuffing them into a bag. "I'll pay later, promise!" she yelled while leaving, bouncing back towards the library.

Arriving back at Twilights house, she saw that everypony was already awake. Rarity was arguing with Applejack and Dash about something and Twilight silently slipped on a mug filled with coffee, her mane was a disaster and she had bags under her annoyed looking eyes. "Definitely not a morning Pony," Pinkie thought.

"Hey everypony, I bought us some cupcakes to munch on!" she announced while putting the bag on the tablet.

"Sweetheart, you can't just eat cupcakes for breakfast."

"Why not?" Pinkie asked, staring at Rarity with her huge blue eyes.

"Because..." Rarity wanted to continue but she knew that it would do no good anyway. "Never mind," she said and moved next to the tablet, picking up a single cupcake with her magic. The others did the same.

Unlike the last couple of days, the room was filled with laughter and happiness. It was about time that they all were in a good mood.

=======

"And then Big Mac said *that ain't my apples*," Applejack finished her joke, trying to contain her laughter. The group all shared a giggle.

"um. Could I have a cupcake too, please?"

"Where is Trixie actually?" Dash asked Twilight.

"She claimed my bed last night, didn't see her since," Twilight replied while letting out yet another yawn

"Did you guys hear that?" Rarity asked, her friends replied by shaking their heads. "It sounded almost like..." With those words being sad, Rarity turned around, so did everypony else.

They all froze at the sight of Fluttershy. She was lying there, awake, her eyes were open. Suddenly Pinkie jumped on her, flipping over the couch and hugging her tightly.

"Shy! You are awake, HURRAAAY!" Pinkie joyfully exclaimed.

"Oww, Pinkie that hurts," Fluttershy squeaked out.

"Oopsie! Got caught up in excitement" Pinkie apologized with a smile.

"Umm that's okay" Fluttershy responded in her usual silent voice. She slowly got up on her hooves and saw how everypony stared at her with bulky eyes. "Did I do something wrong?" Fluttershy asked, avoiding any eye contact.

"You silly, silly, silly Pony" Rarity said while approaching the pegasus. "Don't you ever dare to scare me like that again" Rarity said, standing right in front of Fluttershy now.

"I'm sorry..."

Rarity shook her head "There is nothing to be sorry about" she gave the pegasus a gentle hug "Just be more careful please. I was so scared of loosing you"

Fluttershy nodded before returning the hug.

"Glad to have ya back, sugarcube" Applejack said to Fluttershy while lowering her hat.

"Hey Fluttershy"

"Mh?" the yellow pegasus replied, turning her head towards Dash.

"Ehm..." she began, but then hesitated for a second."You should be more careful" she finished with a blush on her face.

Rarity let out a loud sigh in disappointment.

"Indeed we are all glad that you are on your hooves again, are you feeling any pain?" Twilight broke the silence

"Oh no. I'm fine"

"Are you sure?"

"Well, um, my head hurts and it's hard to stand on my hooves and I feel drained out of my energy, oh and also I'm starving." Fluttershy answered in a single breath.

"Then you should better sit down and eat something," Rarity suggested, flipping the couch back into its original position and gesturing Fluttershy to sit down.

After the pegasus did what she was recommended to, Rarity picked up a cupcake with her magic and levitated it next to Fluttershy.

"Um I think I can do that myself. If that's fine with you," the timid pony said and picked up the cupcake flying in front of her with one of her hooves.

"Certainly, dear. But do not hesitate to ask for any sort of help"

=====

Several minutes passed in silence, until Applejack stood up.

"Well Ah´ma have a lot of work to do, but Ah will be sure to drop by if Ah get the chance to." With those words, she waved everypony goodbye and left the library.

The only sound to be heard now was the chewing of Fluttershy and Pinkie. Dash looked around the room in boredom and saw Rarity gazing at her with an intimidating expression. Dash avoided eye contact with her but it was still bothersome.

"What?" she finally asked

"Oh nothing dear" Rarity simply responded, yet proceeding to stare at her.

A couple of seconds passed

"What is it?" she asked again, this time with a tad of anger in her voice.

"Nothing, unless you know its something" Rarity replied, finally freeing Dash from her piercing gaze.

But the damage was already done. Dash knew what she meant, and she was feeling awful not confessing to Fluttershy. She couldn't do it, not now at least.

"Waah, I'm stuffed" Pinkie announced, tapping her tummy with one hoof.

"About time you are" Dash murmured to nopony in particular.

"What was that, Dashie?"

"Oh nothing, nothing at all," Dash lied with a nervous smirk on her face.

Pinkies expression suddenly turned serious. She started at Dash with half closed eyelids, but it faded as quickly as it came. "Okie Dokie" she said in her usual, high pitched voice.

"Hey Twilight what time is it, by the way?" Pinkie suddenly changed the topic

"Its half past t-" the purple unicorn said before getting interrupted

"Oh that late already? Come Dash we gotta go!" she exclaimed, grabbing Dash with one hoof and dragging her towards the library.

"Wait, what? Why? Where?" Dash asked in confusion

"Uhm.... Making Cupcakes!"

"Pinkie we just ate tons of cupcakes, and besides, I'm a horrible baker. Remember the last time?" Dash protested

Pinkie thought about that for a while, but didn't let go of Dash.

"I'll only need you to be there, I'll be doing most of the work. Now come oooon"

Before Dash could protest further, Pinkie carried her out of the library, closing the door behind her.

"Did anypony just get what happened?" Twilight asked, raising an eyebrow. The other two ponies shook their head.

"However, how about we take a hot bath at the spa together, Fluttershy?" Rarity suggested

Before Fluttershy could answer though, Twilight intruded

"Sorry can't allow that. Fluttershy has to rest and the spa is too far away for her. You can use my tub if you want to"

"But yours is soooo small," Rarity complained

"You and your First Equestria problems," Twilight sighed.

"I guess we have no choice. Come along Fluttershy."

"Mhm ok" the timid pegasus simply replied and followed the white unicorn.

Twilight allowed herself a smile. She had done well with this spell, and seeing Fluttershy awake and moving around a little made her feel great. Yet something bothered her. She felt like something was going to happen to disturb their peace, it was a similar feeling she had when this whole Mare in the Moon event took place. Twilight shook her head to banish these thoughts, and trotted into her room.