• Published 27th Sep 2011
  • 4,374 Views, 74 Comments

A rainbows burden - tyion



Fluttershy and Trixie get intoxicated with an unknown poison. Is there a way to cure them?

  • ...
6
 74
 4,374

Chapter 6

Dash was already awake before noon, which was some kind of a mirace. She usually slept until noon and proceeded to nap until afternoon, but not today. She had work to do.

After Twilight decided that she is going to take use of Trixie´s spell they agreed that Dash is going to ask their friends if they are okay with this while Twilight practices the spell together with Trixie.

Her first place to pass by was Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack was already bucking apples, in a faster pace than usual because winter was coming soon.

"Hey there AJ" Dash greeted the earth pony while landing in front of her

"Howdy ther´ Dash, what's up with ya bein awake aready?" Applejack asked while putting her saddlebags filled with apples on the ground.

"Well, as you know the princess wasn't able to cure Fluttershy."

"Aw, yea ..." Applejack said with a saddened voice

"However, Twilight found a spell which can save her. The problem is that it is too difficult for her to cast on her own, that's why she needs our help"

"Of cours` we all gonna help her, right?"

"If anything goes adrift in the process we may get severely hurt."

Applejack thought about this for a second but then replied "That's how things are. You can count on me nevertheless!"

"Oh great! I knew you wouldn't let us down, gotta go tell the others now. Just come by the library around dawn. Goodbye!!" Dash yelled while flying away.

Her next destination was Sugarcube Corners.

"Hey, Mrs. Cake, you happen to know where Pinkie is?" Dash asked while flying inside of the bakery store

"Oh hello Dash. I believe she is in her room."

"Ok, thanks," Dash replied while flying upstairs. Opening up the door to Pinkie's room, she trotted inside. "Pinkie?" She called out once she entered the messy room. It was decorated in various pink flairs. Streamers and balloons lying around everywhere.

"I'm here Dashie," a voice responded, and a pink pony approached Dash. "What's the matter?"

"Uhm... why is your hair straight?" Dash asked in confusion

"Oh never mind that..."

Dash felt like there is something wrong with Pinkie but she couldn't tell what "Mhm, okay. I dropped by to tell you that Twilight found a spell which may be able to save Fluttershy!"


"SHE DID?" Pinkies hair curled up at once. She got caught in her excitement and jumped onto Dash. "That's sooooooo wonderful, I was scared that we wont be able to do anything and than bad things would happen to her and we all would be sad and than we wouldn't be happy anymore because we would be sad and I don't like you guys being sad because that makes me sad and then I would be like double sad and ...-"

Dash closed Pinkies mouth with her hoof "I wasn't finished, we need to help her in order for the spell to succeed -" before she could continue Pinkie disrupted her once again.

"Of course we will help, what kind of friends would we be if we wouldn't? I mean if friends don't help friends they wouldn't be friends would they? And we are Fluttershy's friends so we obviously are going to help her because we-"

"PINKIE! Would you mind listening to me for a second?" Dash awaited any signs of protest, when there were none she continued. "If the spell does not succeed it could be that we will get injured, badly."

"Oh Dashie, that wont happen anyway!" she exclaimed joyfully

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I know it will! I promise you everything will work out just fine."

Dash did not know how Pinkie could be so optimistic "But..." she tried to say something but got interrupted by Pinkie

"Fluttershy will be fine again, Pinkie Pie promise! Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye"

The pegasus looked at her friend is awe. "How can she be so sure?" she wondered. "I guess your right. Thank you Pinkie. I should go now-" Dash was interrupted by a loud growl.

"Seems like your hungry! Wanna eat something?" Pinkie giggled

Dash still had to ask Rarity if she would be ready to help, but they had time. Trixie and Twilight said that they won't be finished with the preparations until dawn. "Yea, sure, why not?"

With those words being said Pinkie bounced down the stairs and a couple of minutes later she returned with a tablet full of cupcakes. Each of them picked their favourite flavour and they started munching the delicious treats. "Why so glum, Dashie?" she asked while taking another bite out of the pastry.

"Oh its nothing" Dash replied and continued chewing on the cupcake, if only to hide her face.

"That does not sound like nothing! It sounds like something! Are you thinking about the whole thing with Shy?"

"Oh no - I mean yes, but not exactly."

"I think I know whats going on!"

"You do?" Dash said, nervously grinning

"Could it be that you like Fluttershy?" Pinkie asked with a smile.

"Ehm, uhm. Sure I do, I like all of you. I am the element of loyalty after all, so I'm loyal to my friends which means I have to... uhm like them? Yea... that sounds good"

"I mean like like-like" Pinkie teased Dash with a wide grin.

Dash started to blush and tried to think for an answer. Pinkie however saw how uncomfortable she made the Pegasus.

"Oh Dash, I'm just joking!" Pinkie said while pretending to laugh.

"Oh you are? Ahahaha - good one Pinkie you got me there," Dash replied with a nervous smile.

Around an hour passed where the two ponies just enjoyed each others company by eating, laughing and relating old stories.

"Well, thank you for the great time Pinkie, but I still have to talk to Rarity. Just drop by the library in an hour, we'll meet there." Dash stated while flapping her wings.

"Okie Dokie Lokie Dashie. See you there!"

Dash waved as she flew out of the window, flying towards the Carousel Boutique.

======

The Pegasus gently landed in front of Rarity's house and knocked. The door opened, but not by Rarity as Dash expected. It was Sweetie Belle. "Hey there, Sweetie Belle, was it? Do you know where your sister is?"

The small unicorn nodded "You missed her; she just left, but didn't tell me where she was heading"

"Oh okay thank you" Dash thanked Rarity's sister.

"Wait!" Sweetie Belle screamed a second before Dash dashed off. When the colourful pegasus turned back around to her she continued. "Do you know what's wrong with my sister? She seems so sad and I even heard her crying in her rooms sometimes," she asked, giving Dash a concerned look.

Dash thought about what she just heard for a second before giving an answer "Its nothing you have to worry about. I'll take care of your sister now and she will be her old self in no time!"

"Really? Thank you Ms. Dash!" Sweetie Belle joyfully exclaimed.

"No prob, kiddo," Dash said and flew away.

As soon as she was out of sight her expression abruptly changed "Rarity was crying?!" She couldn't believe it, Rarity never cried. This whole situation must be harder for her than she thought. "At least I know where she is heading," Dash thought and picked up more speed.

"Rarity!" Dash screamed at the sight of the white unicorn. Rarity turned around at the sound of her name and spotted the pegasus at once.

"Hello, Rainbow Dash," she greeted her.

"Hey there Rarity. Where are you heading?"

"Nowhere in particular..." Rarity replied with a saddened voice

"To the hospital again?" Dash asked. Rarity simply nodded, being on the verge of crying. "It's alright Rarity, everything is going to be fine." Earlier today she wouldn't have believed herself saying that, but Pinkie made the pegasus more optimistic about everything currently happening.

"Oh it is not alright, my dear. The situation is everything but alright," Rarity exclaimed with a bitter voice.

"I'm sorry, that's not how I meant it"

"No, no I'm sorry, I knew you didn't mean it like that. It's just that," Rarity's voice cracked "I'm so confused right now. I have no idea what I'm going to do if she won't recover. I will be lost. She was the only pony I could hang out with without wearying her."

Dash thought about what she could do to help the crying mare, but before she could react Rarity leaned her head onto Dash's shoulder and cried into it. Dash wrapped one of her hooves around her, trying to comfort her friend as good as she could.

Several minutes passed without any words between those two being exchanged. "Feeling better?" Dash asked once the unicorn finished crying.

"Yes, thank you Dash. I needed that," Rarity replied with a little smile on her face.

"No problem. You can count on me Rarity!"

"I guess I can. By the way, why were you searching me?" Rarity asked in curiosity

"Ohhh right that! Well it seems like Twilight found a spell which may be able to cure Fluttershy, but it's too difficult for her to cast it on her own. That's why she needs our help in order for the spell to succeed. However the spell is risky; if it fails everypony who helped casting it could be severely hurt, and I'm here to ask if we can count on you."

"What a stupid question, dear. Of course I will help. Consequences do not matter as long as she will be fine again." Rarity responded

"Well then, it's nearly dawn. We should start heading towards the library."

With those words being said the two ponies trotted to the library. Both of them hoping that everything will work out just fine...