• Published 27th Sep 2011
  • 4,363 Views, 74 Comments

A rainbows burden - tyion



Fluttershy and Trixie get intoxicated with an unknown poison. Is there a way to cure them?

  • ...
6
 74
 4,363

Chapter 4

Meanwhile, Rarity had finally found Dash and insisted that she is staying with her over the night, so she can keep an eye on him.

"I'm fine on my own Rarity" Dash gave her an annoyed gaze

"Oh I know you are, but just in case your emotions get the better of you and you do something you might regret, let's just not argue about this please?"

Dash knew that there was no way she is going to win this fight; Rarity could be more stubborn than Applejack sometimes.

"Oh for goodness sake..." Dash said before flying into the Carousel Boutique.

Rarity allowed herself a pleased grin as she got her will. "You can sleep in Sweetie Belle's bed, she is on a sleepover with her friends" Rarity said as she guided Dash into the room of her little sister.

"Hurray, I get to sleep in a bed for a filly" Dash murmured to herself.

Dash's jar nearly hit the ground when Rarity opened the door of Sweetie Belle's room. It was huge. The bed alone was as big as Dash's entire bedroom; everything was decorated in a light purple colour mixed with some white schemes in between.

"I'm glad you like it" Rarity said with a smile. Dash wasn't somepony who liked things being too fancy, but this room looked amazing.

"You are free to call me whenever Sweetie Belle is not home" Dash replied with a grin.

"I'll keep that in mind. And Dash, and don't think too much about Fluttershy. I bet we can find a way to cure her." Rarity said with an ambitious expression. Dash simply nodded.

"And then you should really tell her" Rarity said while walking out of the room.

"Ehm what?" Dash asked, even though she knew what Rarity meant.

"Goodnight" the unicorn simply responded, leaving a blushed pegasus behind.

"Waaaaah" Dash said while rubbing her head and throwing it against the pillow. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep.



============


When all the other ponies slowly started to call it a day and drifted into their dreams, another pony - an alicorn to be exact, just woke up. Luna slowly made her way into the throne room to meet with her sister and take away her burdens for the night. It was nearly time to raise the moon, so she trotted in a faster pace than usual.

"Good morning - or evening, Celly" Luna greeted her sister while entering the throne room.

Celestia nodded when she realized that Luna was now present.

"What's the matter, dear sister? You seem kind of depressed"

"It is nothing, nothing at all." Celestia lied

"Your such a bad liar. Just tell me what troubles you, maybe I can help" Luna replied while shaking her head.
"One of my subjects is going to die ... and there is nothing I could do about it"

Luna was confused at that answer "Ehm, they are mortal sister there are always some who die, even in this very moment. It's just how things are"

"I know that, but it's a special pony. It's the element of kindness; she got intoxicated with a poison not even I can cure"

"What, how is that possible?"

"Do you remember when we defeated Discord using the Elements of Harmony? We turned him into stone, around 2.000 years ago."

The name of their old foe sent a shiver down Luna's spine.

"And in what way is that event related to the poison?"

"If you can recall, we encountered him in a cave which is located in what now is the Everfree forest. Remnants of the spell we casted using the Elements are still in the air in that cave. It thickens the blood and makes it harder for the heart to pump it through the body ... the victim slowly dies from lack of oxygen." Celestia sobbed out

"Can't you withdraw it somehow?"

"I'm afraid not, because it was created using the elements of harmony. And I do not...." Celestia hesitated for a second before proceeding "...posses magic strong enough to overpower them."


Minutes passed without any word being said. Luna tried to swallow what she had just heard. Even though she didn't spend that much time with the bearers of the elements, they still had a special connection. They saved her and forgave her, which was more than she could ask for. She also observed them during the night and did some attempts to get in touch with them, although in the end she was too shy.

But Luna owed them, she owed them a lot. She wouldn't let any of them die if she can prevent it.

"Celly, we can still use ..." Luna's words were cut off by Celestia

"No we cannot, it is too dangerous. If something goes wrong it would have horrible consequences" Celestia said with a harsh tone.

"I know that but Twilight is very skilled in the arts of magic. I believe she can pull it off without causing any unexpected events." Luna tried to convince her sister

"I cannot allow that Luna .... I just can't" The sun goddess sighed with a calm voice.

"I'm going to sleep now, could you lower the sun for me today?" Celestia asked her little sister

"Uhm. Of course, rest well" Luna replied with a nod as she made her way into the balcony to start lowering the sun and raising the moon.


Her horn started glowing in a dim light as she closed her eyes; she felt the sun above her slowly starting to lower. She guided it on its way down. After she was finished she took a long breath and did the same with the moon, but this time raising it instead of lowering it. After around twenty minutes she was finished, her horn stopped glowing and she trotted back inside.

Allowing herself a rest she sat down on the throne, it was rather exhausting for her to do both, but if her sister was able to do it for a thousand years the least she could do is take away her job just once in awhile.

Luna sat there for quite some time; there was nothing to be done. No major problems or paperwork. Usually she would appreciate a silent night like this, but she could really use something to distract her mind from the recent events she heard about. Luna let out a sight as she stood up and started to aimlessly walk through the castle.

After checking upon her servants, Luna found herself not having anything to do. She let out a sight and trotted towards the library within the castle. If she had nothing to do anyway, she could at least continue her studies.

"Oh goodness ... seems like my body took me here on his own" she thought while entering the archive. She didn't intend to go inside but her hooves almost moved on their own. Immediately upon arriving at an old, dusty bookshelf her horn started to glow. She pulled out an ancient tome and carefully laid it on a nearby desk. Luna recoiled for a second. Should she really disobey the direct orders of her sister? But she owed the Elements so much and had to repay them in someway.

She sat down on a chair in front of the desk. While opening up the huge book, she pulled out a quill and a sheet of paper. Luna looked at the register and searched for regeneration spells. she found one which looked appealing and opened up on page 244.

"Using this particular spell with accelerate the natural regeneration of the being, which the spell was casted upon. If it succeed it can cure even the greatest of illnesses. However if the ones casting the spell do not possess enough magic and endurance, the consequences can be severe; it can even lead to the death of the caster."

Luna gulped when she read the last sentence. The text was followed by a long description of how the spell has to be executed, and some sketches of "Pentagrams" as they were called. She tore out the three pages about this spell and started to write a letter.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle,

As you might have guessed from my greeting, this is not Celestia writing to you. It's me, Luna. I'm writing to you because I have heard about the state of one of your friends. And I wish to help, I am going to send information's of a spell with this note. This particular spell can cure your friend; however it is dangerous and can have fall-outs. Our grandmother forbid these kinds of spells seven thousand years ago. And Celestia also doesn't approve them, but I owe it to you to inform you that these possibilities exist.

I have no doubt that you will succeed with this spell, but use it at your own risk.

Good luck Twilight,

Sincerely

Princess Luna."


She hesitated before rolling up the letter together with the other pages. She closed her eyes and her horn started glowing. The letter burst into flames and disappeared completely.

"It is done. The rest is up to you Twilight" Luna thought before picking up on her recent studies.


============


Twilight awoke with a long yawn. She wanted to lie in her comfortable bed for a bit longer but her mind didn't allow that. She had so much to do; she couldn't just lie around. Letting out another yawn, she moved into the bathroom and took a short shower. The warm water relaxed her tensed muscles and her mind. She stepped out of the bathroom with a towel to dry her hair.

After she finished making her mane look more presentable she threw the towel on her bed and made her way to the hospital. There was no sound from Spike to be heard, so she assumed that he is still asleep. Closing the door behind her, she trotted towards the hospital.

Upon her arrival she realized that Rarity was already sitting next to Fluttershy. Her eyes were puffy and red with hastily dried tears. Twilight took a closer look and saw that Fluttershy was now incubated on a respirator.

"What happened?" Twilight asked Rarity with a hushed voice.

The white unicorn turned her head at the sound of her voice, letting out a sob before starting to explain the situation to Twilight. "I arrived here an hour ago and Fluttershy was wired to this... to this thing. I asked the doc what was going on and they told me that she had been through a surgery last night. She is stable for now, but they are "only delaying the inevitable" as they put it"

Twilight was shocked, "I thought I’d have more time. This is not good, not good at all." she desperately tried to think of a solution.

"Please Twilight, you have to find a way to save her," Rarity's voice started to crack "You sure got something in one of your books ... don't you?"

"I'll figure out something, I promise."

Rarity nodded. She was tired, exhausted and felt overall miserable. But she couldn't find any rest.

"Does she know anything?" Rarity sobbed out while pointing to the sleeping unicorn on the other side of the room.

"I don't know yet, she is getting released today. I’ll ask her then" Twilight responded "I'll head home for now, I need to figure this out as fast as I can."

"Just call me if there is anything I can help you with," Rarity requested

"I will" Twilight replied before leaving the hospital and heading home once again.

Immediately upon her homecoming Spike called for her. "Twilight, a letter arrived for you. I've put it on your desk," the little dragon screamed from the store room.

"Thank you," Twilight answered and walked into her room, closing the door when she entered.

She approached her desk and tried to unfold the scroll. "Strange, it is sealed with magic," she said to no one in particular. Celestia never sealed her letters with magic. Her horn glowed for a second and the scroll unfolded itself. A couple of sheets fell onto the ground; she picked them up and put them on her desk. Holding the letter in front of her now, she started reading it

===========================


It was nearly noon when Trixie finally woke up. She stretched herself and looked around; the only thing which caught her eye was the pegasus lying on the bed next to her. Even though she didn't knew the pony, it made her sad to see somepony in a condition like this.

She waited until a doctor came in to check on them.

"Oh good you are awake ... ehm Trixie, right?" the pony said as he pulled out a sheet of paper and a quill and started writing.

"So how are you feeling? Any complaints?"

"No, everything seems to be in order"

"Good" he said while writing more stuff on his paper.

"Looks like you are though, you are free to leave whenever you want," he said before walking next to Fluttershy. He ran some tests and checked the results of the gadgets she was wired on.