• Published 6th May 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 15 Comments

Collab Cage Mini-Monthly April -- Pitter Patter, Splatter Splash - The Collab Cage



A sprinkle, a misting, a drip drop dripping... Whether during the tiniest drops to the stormiest deluges, there is no end to what can be shared under the immensity of a darkened, leaking sky

  • ...
3
 15
 1,234

Big Mac’s Rainy Day or How he learns to stop worrying and started thinking about somepony else

Written by: ADRNEL



“Sorry that yer date got cancelled on account of weather,” comforted Applejack to her big brother, MacIntosh--called ‘Big Mac’ for short, trying to cheer him up.

Big Mac lay on his bed, saddened that Cheerilee had to cancel their date because of an unplanned rainstorm. He looked out the window to see the rain pouring from the sky, soaking everything it touched.

“Ah know ya’ve been looking forward to this date, seein’ as yer so busy on the farm an’ all,” continued the orange mare.

Applejack was right, due to his hard work on the farm, he hardly ever had time to see his marefriend. The last time they went on a date together had been over a month ago.

“I’ll tell ya what, when Granny comes back from the market, I’ll try to convince her to give yo’ a day off next weekend to make up fer the cancelled date. How’s that?” offered the mare to her brother.

Big Mac just turns to her and gives her a grateful smile, his way of saying “Thank you,” without actually saying anything. He prefers not to say much, it makes things easier and more simpler that way. Applejack just smiles back.

“Ah knew ya’d like that. Anyways, I’ll be downstairs if ya’ need me,” happily stated the mare as she trotted off out of her brother’s room. Happy to have at least cheered her brother up, while he returned to staring at the ceiling in deep thought. The sound of the rain hitting the roof of the farmhouse being the only noise he could hear.

What Applejack did not know, was that her brother was having doubts about his relationship with Cheerilee; he had been dreaming about somepony else lately.

It all began about three weeks ago, that’s when the dreams started. He couldn’t go a single week without dreaming about her, dreams that occurred on nights after a rainy day. Each dream got more daring and explicit than the last, and he hated himself even more each time after dreaming them.

The dreams always started the same, he and the mare would be lying under a tree together, usually cuddling and talking to each other while keeping an eye on all the woodland critters and flowering plants that surround them. After several minutes, he and the mare, who he assumed at first was Cheerilee, would begin to kiss passionately, their tongues intertwining. He would then proceed to run his hooves across her body until he would feel something strange that proved it wasn’t Cheerilee he was kissing the entire time. That’s how the dream would end, with him waking up in his bed, breathing heavily and covered in a cold sweat.

What does it mean?! Big Mac would scream in his head every time. Why was he dreaming about her and not Cheerilee? What were his heart and mind telling him? Why did they always happen on rainy days? These questions, and many more, he would hopelessly ask himself time and again, but he still hadn’t found an answer yet.

He would continue to stare at the ceiling for what felt like an hour to him, until he suddenly noticed that it was unusually quiet. He could no longer hear any rain nor thunder. Big Mac turned to look out the window to see the sun out, the rainstorm over.

He got up from his bed, getting on all fours and slowly walking over to the window. From his bedroom window, he can see the farm in all of its beautiful splendor; everything looked better after a rainstorm, especially during spring, he always mused to himself.

The stallion then notices something odd on his window: a butterfly. It was a strange looking butterfly, one with pink wings and a blue body. He had never seen such a butterfly before, but he couldn’t help but feel like it was familiar. Curious, he slowly opened the window to let the strange butterfly in, only for it to get frightened and fly off toward Everfree forest.

Rainy days; a pony could do a lot of thinking about their lives on these days, especially when they had nothing to do. Big Mac had no idea what the butterfly symbolized. Was it a sign? Who knew. Would the dreams stop? Maybe someday. Would he ever find out what they meant? Hopefully. But until then, Big Mac had a date with Cheerilee next weekend to look forward.

Comments ( 5 )

Ahhhhhh IT'S OUT! :heart: I love all of you who did this SO MUCH :yay:

2539540
I know, right?! I was like...dude, it's a good thing that first one starts off so happy, because Lapison's is DARK.

:yay:! It's finally here!:pinkiegasp:

The title to the last one was more of a joke title:twilightsheepish:
You can just call it "Big Mac's Rainy Day" for short.:pinkiesmile:

*Grins* Hmmm very intriguing indeed. Bravo.

2548670
"Korben" isn't pony punny enough!

> "A cob is a small horse, usually of a stout build, with strong bones, large joints, and steady disposition"

Hence "Cobin".

I actually had a name ready for Leeloo, but I never ended up needing it. "Leelope", with "Lope" meaning: "to cause (a horse) to canter with a long easy stride or (of a horse) to canter in this manner"

Login or register to comment