• Published 14th May 2013
  • 15,203 Views, 118 Comments

My Little Crusade - Inquisitor-Awesome



what would happen if a dying equestria was forced to leave their home, and ended up in our world, but not in its technological marvel today, but in an era of chivalry, religion, and war.

  • ...
14
 118
 15,203

Prologue: Exile (Revised II)


Balicorn Archives: The Era of Exile — The Era of Rebirth


Destroyed… the world we once knew, loved, and lived, is destroyed. Achieved by the lord of chaos, the one who calls himself Discord.


We had to leave; we never believed this would happen, the battle was large, and the death toll was immense! But we didn’t even begin to fathom this; I didn’t believe this was real until my commander passed the message through a hoof to my face. She knew I wasn’t the only one, everypony, griffin, sheep— all felt as me. She needed the meaning of her words to have power; to get through. Using the fresh earth pony recruit in the Royal Guard division would make all of us react to the facts.


We left our native land.


All this begun when Discord took over Equestria, he just… originated from nothing, and with the power he had… he crushed the King.


We were scared, all of us.


Some had the audacity to appease this new lord of chaos in the first weeks of his conquest, snobbish but famous ponies, griffon nobles, diamond dogs, minotaurs, goats, and worst of all, changelings. They all allied themselves to Discord.


Some gave their reasons, like the changelings and diamond dogs said it was from their discrimination of being nothing more than barbarians and filth throughout Equestria,


Filthy creatures.


The rest of the other species that stood fast to their loyalties, consolidated tribes apart, and then kingdoms throughout the lands, those fighting against this lord of chaos we few and far between. We needed hope. We required a leader.


In our time pony nobles were made up of the mighty alicorns, these tried to elect a leader for the rebellion to go underway. Every single noble and foreign monarch bickered of whom was to lead until one white alicorn mare came out on top by uniting the nobles claiming that she could move the sun.


She had all the proof we needed, the mark of the sun.


We all knew who it was; the daughter of a noble with great wealth and respect due to his tenacity as a very successful vocations. Her name was Celestia, and she was searching for revenge against Discord.


During the attack at the Capital, Balicorn, her younger sister died along with thousands of others citizens in the city, fortunately for Celestia, she was elsewhere negotiating the terms for a trade with the Griffons when the tragedy came to be.


Thank our creator that the remaining species unified under one banner. A banner they erected from knowledge that Discord would come for them after our fall, once he got bored on his ‘playground’.


But sadly we underestimated Discord and his allies. We were at war with their monstrous forces for over four years. We were at a large disadvantage with the accursed changelings within our ranks and Discord’s near limitless chaotic energy which forced suffering countless allies every time we tried to attack them, or when they attacked us.


During these four years we harden ourselves for nothing but war, to defeat this tyrant and traitors. While we were distracting Discord, Celestia was researching to forge a weapon with the smartest minds of all Equestria had to offer, and after so much lost hope they came across something that was thought to be but a myth; something of untold magical power.


The six magical gems.


These gems, like crystals of various colors and forms, had in them the power to end only the evil, the ones that had nothing but darkness in their hearts. The Elements of harmony. None cared from where it was retrieved, what mattered was that we had a way to defeat the villain.


As luck would have it this weapon, if I recall correctly from myth, did nothing to those who were good, it worried me in the start, as all had a little evil within them. Or at least none of us were perfect. The theory that these powerful gems would ignored us and go right through us without harm was not a certainty.


Celestia never did read these books; she believed them to be nothing but added myths, even though she was creating a weapon from them. At the autumn of the fourth year in the war, the weapon was complete. A sword forged from the gems.


At the first wave from the day of battle we gaped in awe at its brilliant light when Celestia first held it with her magical aura during the battle with Discord, and as it showed to actually harm him to no end.


All of the guards from miles away, from what I’ve heard, could hear his cries of pain. They said Celestia cut off his deformed hands, but before Celestia could finish her act Discord teleported away, and the guards told me that when Celestia tried to follow she lost her concentration from a few of Discords minions.


After the battle we all needed rest, giving Discord the time he needed to heal. But not even the best of healers could replace any of his hands since he is nothing but a mix match of every creatures in this world. At least that’s my theory, it could be that he was made of magic too powerful for creatures of mortal being to control and manipulate it. But let me not continue wandering.

After a few days of relief and uniting with the spread out resistance, we headed to attack Balicorn. Discords ‘chaos capital’.


He was using the city as an insult to its previous leader and also to hide within its already rebuilt castle and city. But we knew that he has been preparing for us, the Veterans that survived the attack told us of the horror of the thousands of Equestrians and Discords followers fighting throughout the day. Both sides underwent immense losses all during the course of the attacking. From the siege of the exterior walls, fighting through the city, and the securing of the castle bridge in which Celestia was last seen with her group of champions as they entered the castle, and faced Discord.


After hours into the last land of the fight, the guards near the castle said that during the battle everycreature had to cover their ears at the volume of the agonizing yells. Everything alive in Equestria had to have seen the giant vicious energy shock wave passing over the masses of flesh striking each other, and then to have felt the earth shaking followed.


In the end, the world was crumbling. We were told the belief that the god of chaos has a more important connection to the world as it seemed.


But luckily there was an option to escape, to survive, we lacked time and power, but it was our duty to try.


All the kingdoms’ survivors which were, thanks to this war, a couple hundred thousand citizens and soldiers of the ‘united’, those that could arrive in time at least. They ran to Equestrian lands to make a trip for our survival.


Starswirl the bearded, a great unicorn, was able to create a massive teleportation spell that required more magic than what every single magic user together was able to provide. This spell was one that I still today can’t find myself to believe. It was enchanted to take everything, from each living creature, to each space of land we could…

To another world.

The spell worked, a couple of the lesser magic users died from over exhaustion of using too much magic, but their sacrifice wasn’t in vain, Equestria was saved from another threat, safe in a new world to call home.


A home for our own.


If anything here was alive, we weren't going to be ignored.



WWWWWWOOOOOOOOPPPPPP!!!








Alexandria port: hour of night watch
Time: Midnight


“Sadiq, did you see that!” The guard near the ports in Alexandria cried to his patrol partner.


“Absolutely not, nobody saw the great flash of light in the middle of the night which also came with an ear shattering noise.” Said the other guard, a stone expression complementing his words.


“Didn’t you see it Sadiq? It came from that direction,” the first port guard pointed his finger towards the large expanse of the Mediterranean sea, a slithering smile on his face “and it was so loud that even the people in Mecca could’ve heard it.”


The unamused companion remained unamused. “…sometimes I hate you Asad, you know that, don’t you?”

“But Wadi, you must have at least seen that large pink flash in the middle of the night!”

“By Allah’s sake Asad, I saw it! Let it be!” Yelled Wadi. His face turning red as his quick anger got the better of him.

“Alright, Wadi, calm your ire. It’s going to get you hurt one day and you know that.” Asad said, his malicious grin going wide.

“Let us just report this to the Sultan, he must know of this.” Wadi said in a serious tone, turning back to the port as his partner, Asad, groaned in frustration.

“But Sadiq, the flash was huge everyone must of heard of it.” Said Asad in an almost whining tone.

“Heard, but I’m sure not all had seen the flash that engulfed the entire sky. In particular when we know where it came from. Now come, we must report. For all we know it must’ve been some new evil, nothing like that could be good.” Wadi started to walk out of the port. Asad followed, not as content.

“Of course Wadi, but we better be rewarded for this. A day of real sleep would be nice.”

“Asad, you ask for that and I will beat you with my shield.”

“Hgrh fine, but I'm going to sleep after we're done with this.”

“Asad, we are night guards. And if you so much as blink a little too long I will throw you over the lighthouse.”

“But-”

“Asad! We are guards, not mercenaries. It’s our job to report these kinds of things, now stop speaking and come. The Sultan must know of everything involved with this.”

Alright.” Asad said defeated he walked with Sadiq to the direction of the sultans palace.


Athens Port Inside of the city: (House of spice.)
Time: Midnight


Ermo was a very happy man. He had seller right where he wanted him.

Ermo, a lord from Italy, an amazing trader who comes and goes with products like a magical merchant that knows what the people want. Disgustingly rich, but for good reason.

He was now in Athens, inside a bazaar that only opened this time at night, ‘that kind’, to acquire some rare spices and other goods through trade. These were quite special and if obtained before the summer, when the price was still low, he could sell them at the winter price which always raised dramatically. This was thanks to the secret technique of keeping products fresh which he acquired from foreigners from the far east in his eccentric travels.

Ermo was in the middle of a negotiation with some merchant and the merchant’s threatening looking protector beside him. But his tall and great physic did nothing to disturb Ermo, as by his side was his good and calm friend, Jurian. Who after saving his life in his younger years near Geneva, which he was nearly killed with his already slain guards by bandits, and only because Jurian was conveniently there taking a quicker route to Rome for a pilgrimage was that Ermo survived the ordeal. Jurian became Ermo’s most trusted guardian warrior-assassin, and after so many years, a good and trusted friend.

“Are you going to buy it or not?” Said the merchant clearly irritated.

“Now, now, you should know better than me of how many false merchants are out here, you’re lucky I’m even buying in this place.” Said Ermo in a tone that could only be understood as smugly.

“I believe you come to buy here because it’s the only place you can buy what you want and raising no suspicion,” the merchant said as a sinister smile began to appear in his face, “and that’s why I’m thinking of renegotiating the price.”

“Oh, really?” Ermo said as he chuckled, “then have a good day finding people to buy them.”

But before the merchant could respond a loud noise cut through.

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOPPPPPP!!!



They had to cover their ears when the loud noise did what it could to burst their ears into pieces. Anyone with a working pair of ears was awake after the loud arbitrary roar.

“What was that?!” Said the merchant as he at last was free of the mighty noise.

Ermo didn’t respond, he headed outside, into the bazaars balcony, under the night sky.

The citizens, like himself, had departed their homes, curious and afraid of what had just past. No one knew what was going on and that was evident in the whispers that begun to rise in within the groups, and troops of confused night guards were trying to figure out what in the nine circles of hell was that noise.

Ermo just watched in amazement the amount of people that came out of their homes, thanks to the position of the bazaar, that was in a third story building, he could see how far had the sound reached.

“Juria- Oh, ” Ermo was about to yell out to call his friend, but only to find that Jurian was right behind him, “yes, Jurian, check in within the groups, see if anyone has a story to tell that could explain the roar, I’ll try to see if you can remember some yourself, and if it is a myth that involves any kind of treasure, make sure to hear every single word.”

“Hmph, I’ll see what I can find.” Jurian rolled his eyes as he responded, knowing all too well what was to happen next. The man then proceeded down the stairs, to the outside of the building and into the scared citizens.

“Fair merchant, let’s finish these negotiations so that we may go home and ponder what just occurred.” Said Ermo as he took full advantage over the confused merchant. It was a good day to buy.

After the exchange was done and both went their own ways, Ermo left the building like a poor child about to receive a loaf of bread, his excitement was quite noticeable.

As Ermo entered deeper into the city he spoke to anyone near that was willing to talk. Most people said just as Ermo expected, the thundering noise threatening to level their homes, but none could precisely say from where it came from, which disappointed the man.

Ermo continued his journey to find a new quest. He was walking into the richer district to see if the more awake night guards were able to discover something. But stopped in the middle of the street, alone, and with a smile he spoke.

“So, Jurian, what have you discovered?” As on cue Jurian slid out of the shadows behind the lord, shaking his head in disappointment, “It was better when you weren’t use to me, it was always funny when I spooked you.”

Ermo left out a laugh before saying. “You still do my friend,” when he finished his hearty chuckle he turned to Jurian with a serious look, “so Jurian, know any ‘scary’ tales of what just happened.”

“I’m sorry, Ermo, but no one including me knows of any legend that may involve in both a large pink flash and a large noise.” Jurian replied at the lord in an almost sad expression.

“Pink flash?” Ermo questioned.

“Oh, of course. In between the answers of the event a couple of elders that normally spend their time at night in the roof of their home saw a pink flash from south with a couple of degrees east.” Ermo listened carefully, as a glow filled his eyes.

“Looks like we might have to go and take a look ourselves, don’t you think? I mean who knows what kind of treasure may have—” Ermo’s eyes glittered at the amount of treasures that he saw in his imagination, before Jurian interrupted him.

“Ermo,” Jurian said in a commanding tone, “you know going off into the unknown has nearly got you killed in the past.”

“I know, Jurian, but remember what I got in those near death experiences!” Exclaimed Ermo as he dropped a hand casually on Jurians arm. “It’s all well, who knows what might be there, we could strike new things for us to have.”

“Ermo it’s best if we do not go into this alone, we might encounter monsters from the sea or in this precious land you now decided to fantasies about. Or maybe even Muslims, if the flash got our attention I’m sure it did to theirs,” Jurian folded his muscled arms together, hoping to give his the adventurous lord reason, “it is best if we went with an army, even if small, if we are to stand any chance with the possibility of monsters… or Muslims.”

Ermo deflated a little, pondering on Jurians words as they had reason, and wisdom, backing his argument. The lord sighed.

“Alright, you win Jurian, but it will be some time before we are to be able to get an army and also get them across to find this ‘new interest.’” He began the phrase humbly, but ended rubbing his hands together in a greedy fashion.

“That’s if we find it mi’lord” Jurian said lord in an almost joking matter as he left go a breath he didn’t know he had. This was actually the first time he was able to reason with the lord, and lord he would be happy he had done so.

After a long walk to the port they arrived on their ship and they headed west to his kingdom Bari. Both anxious as to what next big thing was to come their way.


New Equestria Patrol route 2: Report
Time: Dawn


“…So what happens next.” Asked the mare unicorn guard.

“Well you know we are surrounded by water, and that we aren't fighting anymore, that’s the main reason I joined the Guard.” Said the stallion earth pony guard next to the unicorn.

The sun was already shining over the horizon for the two guards that were in the second route of the New Equestria patrol. It was a route inside a forest, going all its length. Their mission was to check for any refugees that could be lost in the wide forest, but disgracefully they found them, or what was left of them. Not only refugees were lost in the forests’ of New Equestria.

The two guards were on high alert at all times. One bigger than the other, but that could be because of the difference is genders.

One was a unicorn mare. A supposed white coat under her armor, which was always dirty. But the gear she wore could be a factor of that, as it was for fast movement and average protection, like a second skin it extended to her horn for protection from subtle counterspells. But it also reached her hooves, covering them. This design was to assure full protection against spells, but they were horrid for keeping the mud at bay. Forcing the mare to continuously try to clean it off. Spreading mud on her fur.

Then came her yellow mane and tail, which made contrast with the concealing golden armor. Even her flank mark was covered, this in the past would’ve been a public indecency, but when enemy changeling were discovered, they were used as identification.

The other however was a stallion earth pony, but if the mare wore concealing armor, the earth pony was his armor. What identified him, his brown coat, dark blue mane and tail were barely visible under his heavy duty armor covering every square inch of his person. It even had extra stylized spires that made their way up from the sides of his rear legging to the base of his tail. If he was to stand, he would only have to carry himself as the armor was made to be held together without intervention. Of course this suggested that he was able to walk, or dare think, trot, with this stone set of armor.

So in the perspective of an outsider, these two ponies were ready to face down a dragon. And if anyone was to know of the rumors spread on the plains of how the refugees disappeared, the armor was a good choice.

“Hey, before I continue Lightning Strike, did I mention about the decrease in rations that is going on in Balicorn?” The earth pony guard asked to the unicorn as he stood still, trying to pick on his faceplate. It was becoming itchy.

“WHAT?! Even more?!” Lightning Strike cried out, “Stone Wall, you can’t be serious?”

“Yes, it’s true. The refugees, even with the little found alive, are still pouring in… and now I am eating less because of it.” Stonewall said in a slight hint of annoyance.

“The only thing you can think is your food isn't it? But what about everypony, Stone? Better yet, forget about the other species what about us?!" Lightning Strike said all the possibilities took over her mind.

“Huh, please. A little food drought will not hinder me getting my part. How did you think I got my name? I’m sure you know that it isn’t by my stone built muscles.”

“Ha! Stone built muscles, I know it’s because every time you hug me without armor the fat is trying eating me.” Said Lighting Strike, giggling.

“Fat? It’s not fat I’m—” But before Stone wall could correct his companion an object landed behind him, cutting him short. Stone was surprised, but by looking at Lightning Strike that gave a heavy sigh at moved a hoof to her head he knew what was going on.

He gave a heavy sigh.

“GUYS! GUYS, you’re not going to believe what I’ve found!” Stone turned to find himself with a familiar pegasus.

The stallion pegasus was of a dark coat, his thin but veiling-like armor and goggles told of how little it mattered to the stallion his protection, but high on his speed. His glaring white mane was always cleaned when compared to Lightning Strike’s, but it was still a disaster in combed measurements. And finally, when it came to his tail, it was to shake like if it had a life of its own, twitching and jumping to a side every now and then. Distracting to newcomers, but not at all amusing to the two guards.

“What did you find now, Keen Sight? Another turtle falling off a rock?” Said a very annoyed Lighting Strike.

“Nooooo, not this time, you’re not going to believe it.” Said Keen Sight with a huge grin, hopping in place.

“Does it involved food?” Said a bored Stone Wall, the signs of his enthusiasm basically leaking from his eyes. Keen Sight gasped, catching the attention of both guards.

“How did you know, are you spying on me Stone.” Said Keen Sight with a suspicious glare.

Stone Wall’s face turned very serious and they both stared into Keen Sight in a non-joking matter, and he said. “You better not be joking about this Keen Sight even with the food shortages here.”

Keen Sight shrunk a little at Stone Wall’s glare, backing off a little.

“I-I- I'm not joking!” Said Keen Sight shrinking even more.

The two guards stared at the Pegasus, one with annoyance another with a deadpanned look.

“I’m being serious this time guys!”

“Then spill it-” Stone shorted his demand when an unmistakable loud roar reached his ears. But this one was strange. Turning to the source, he raised an eyebrow, a little surprised of the source of the beast like yell.

“What? I’m a little hungry too.” Said Lightning Strike embarrassed as she tried to cover any vision to her stomach, if her face got more red that it was now, it would burn the forest down.

“A little hungry? It sounded like Stone Wall’s battle cry when he tried to break into the granary… again.” Said Keen Sight with a sly smirk headed towards Stone.

“I’ll keep trying, I heard a third time's a charm.” Stone Wall joked, but then glared back to Keen Sight, not forgetting what was just told to him.

“Yeah, if your brother wasn’t the captain of the guard you would have been executed. Specially during these food shortages.” Said Lightning Strike in a worried tone but her face told that she was very glad that the topic moved away from her.

“Yeah, yeah whatever, so Keen Sight where is this food now?” Said Stone Wall with a hungry look that made Keen Sight much more keen to telling Stone.

“It’s near the ocean! I think... well, I saw like a couple of minotaurs calves by their size, I think? We could trick them! Minotaurs aren’t the sharpest blade in the arsenal.”

“Then where to Keen Sight? Tell me now so we all can feast tonight!”

“But Stone, we don’t even have bits to trick them with—” Keen Sight was about to retort, more on the fact that he wanted little to no interaction with minotaurs, but his hopes soon shattered when Stone Wall revealed a bag of bits from under his armor.

“Where did you get all those bits, Stone Wall? Or even keep those? I mean, there’s little places you can hide it...” Lighting said amazed, the bag was huge. The bag of bits. The golden bits. Stop thinking about it.

“Worry little of where they were, but from where I borrowed these. Heh? Nothing? Alright I took it from my brother.”

“Stone, your brother is going to kill you.” Said Keen Sight with a neutral tone.

“Oh ho-ho. Noooo, he promised mother on her deathbed to keep me safe, and my brother never breaks a promise.”

“You sound like an evil brother, Stone.” Said Lighting in a ‘disappointed friend’ tone.

“But he loves me nonetheless, so…. Keen Sight… where’s the food?!” Shouted Stone Wall as he hid his bag of bits from wherever he took it from. Lightning gave a hearty laugh at her friend’s enthusiasm, but it was because she wasn’t looking at him in the eyes. But Keen Sight was. He was always watching. The way Stone’s left eyelid twitched every two seconds unsettled Keen greatly.

But Keen Sight, not wanting to discover what that was about, pointed to the general direction from where we came from. And with new found vigor and target, Stone Wall shouted loudly.

“FOR THE FOOD!!”

And charged into his goal. His companions confused by the speed and forwardness of their friend followed close behind, he must’ve been hungrier that they thought.

Author's Note:

This is obviously my first fic so I'm not asking for people to not post hate comments but I would appreciate any writing help that might Improve my writing skills, since I'm guess some of ya would have some experience in writing these.
And I would like to thank my Awesome Editor Drawdex
And I would like to give a shout out to redskin122004 for helping me on this. Thank you!!
Update: Edited