• Published 4th May 2013
  • 428 Views, 1 Comments

Lightning Harmony - Oiram_Balefire



Endou, Kazemaru, Gouenji, Fubuki, Kidou and Hiroto all end up in Equestria, thanks to black rips in the sky. Will they be able to handle the pressure when they and the mane6 have to save the world of Equestria?

  • ...
 1
 428

Evading the Unveiling of the Secret

"Pinkie! Wait for me!" Frozen Silver cried, trying his best to keep up with Pinkie, who was more adapt at walking on four legs than he was. He would've considered flying, but he wasn't that good yet. Unlike his friend, Golden Scorch, who might as well have been a bird with the way he flew. Golden was flying just ahead of Pinkie, letting her lead the way, but still proving he was faster than her. All the way along the walk, Pinkie was pointing out landmarks or direction to get to important places around Ponyville ("That path's the way to Sweet Apple Acres, where Applejack and her family live!" "Fluttershy's house is just over there! Go to her if you have any pet problems!")

Before they knew it, the trio had arrived at the library. Frozen looked surprised at the fact that it was a tree, but Golden looked like he expected the library to be a tree house. Pinkie knocked on the door, and after a few seconds, it opened… to reveal a small, purple and green dragon.

"Hey Spike! Where's Twilight?" Pinkie asked, looking down at the bipedal dragon.

"After a pony fell out of a big black rip in the sky above our library, Twilight and the pony went out to see if there were any more of them. I'm here to watch over the library in case anyone comes visiting. Anyway, who are your two new friends? I haven't seen them around." Spike explained.

"I'm Frozen Silver, and my friend here is Golden Scorch. I'm guessing you already know Pinkie," Frozen introduced. "By the way, do you know if there are any books in the library about other worlds?"

"Yes, there is," Pinkie replied, before Spike could try finding one. "I caught a glance of one just this morning when Twilight called us all over for our weekly 'Highlight of the Week' meeting. It's under the 'O' section." Before anyone could say 'Elements of Harmony', Frozen and Golden were scanning the many shelves of books for anything that looked like an 'O' section, Frozen checking the lower halves of the shelves and Golden taking the higher parts.

Soon enough, Golden Scorch had found a book entitled 'Other Dimensions'. With a little nudge, it fell down; where Spike caught it (he almost stumbled under the weight, though). However, once he managed to get the book open (no unicorns were present, so Spike had to open the book), a problem arose. Golden and Frozen couldn't understand the Equestrian script. Sure, they could understand what other ponies were saying, but reading was a problem.

"By any chance do you have any books in other languages?" Frozen asked. "We've spent so long investigating another dimension we've forgotten the Equestrian Script, hahaha!" Golden continued.

"I don't really know. We don't get that many visitors asking for books in other languages. Most ponies come here to read stories, or to learn more about pony history, not to read books in other languages," Spike explained, yawning.

"Oh…" Frozen Silver sighed. But the light blue colt's stream of thought was interrupted when a purple unicorn with a dark-purple and pink mane and tail walked through the door, followed by a dull yellow unicorn with orangey-yellow bolt patterns on his coat. The new pony's (who Pinkie had temporarily nicknamed Lightning Bolt) mane was short, brown and scruffy, an orange headband doing a bad job of keeping it in place.

"Hi Spike, hi Pinkie. Who are your new friends?" Twilight asked, wanting to know the names of the two new ponies. They looked… familiar, somehow. She couldn't just place a hoof on it, however.

"This is Golden Scorch, and this is Frozen Silver," Pinkie cheerfully explained, respectively pointing to the two pegasi. "And who's your new friend, Twilight?"

"This is Electrick, the pony that fell from the sky just in front of my library," Twilight replied, suddenly realizing something. She glanced at Electrick, then at Golden and Frozen, and back, 'analyzing' them. "Frozen, Golden, Electrick, what do the words 'Inazuma Japan' mean to you?"

"I've heard of them, and from the sounds of it they're pretty awesome. Can't say I'm a fan, though." After glancing over at Frozen and Electrick, Golden took control of the conversation. He was not expecting Twilight, the pony who his sister thought was the 'very very bestest', to know about Inazuma Japan. He certainly did not want the secret being revealed – they already had enough fans in their own world, even more weren't needed.

"Then why are you… hmm, what's that word again… cosplaying as them?" Twilight questioned. Golden needed to come up with an explanation fast, C'mon, Golden, just make up an explanation!

"Well, Electrick's a big fan, so he dared us to dress up as them. And then this rip opened in the sky and sucked us in, so I guess that's why we kinda look like them now," Frozen inputted, catching onto what Golden was trying to do. Frozen winked at Golden, and then stared at Electrick, trying to get the message to him.

Under the pressure of the stare, Electrick added, "Yep, that's right." If it wasn't for Frozen's stare, Electrick would've outed himself, Frozen and Golden.

"Anyway, Twilight, Golden did this really cool trick earlier. It was like the Sonic Rainboom, except with fire instead of rainbows!" Pinkie exclaimed, changing the topic. Frozen, Electrick and Golden were thankful for this, as they didn't know how long they could keep up the charade.

"Really? I thought the Sonic Rainboom was one of a kind," Twilight mused, scanning the bookshelves for books on advanced flying tricks, wondering if anything about alternate Sonic Rainbooms was in one. It took all of a minute to realize that Rainbow had taken most of the advanced flying trick books out to try to learn moves beyond Sonic Rainboom.

"Yep, really. I can try proving it, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to pull it off again," Golden admitted. "It might have just been instinct."

"I believe you, Golden," Electrick stated. It wasn't in the cheery voice he usually used, but a more kind and encompassing voice, making the matter seem all the more serious.

"Well, if Electrick believes you, I believe you too," Twilight said, smiling at Golden. Just then, a turtle in a propeller hat flew in through the, still open, door. A sticky note was taped to its shell.

"Hey there, Tank," Twilight greeted Rainbow Dash's new pet. Using her unicorn magic, she unstuck the sticky note and levitated it over to just in front of her, where she tried reading it… and failed.

"I can't understand this note!" the purple unicorn cried in rage. "Those letters… they aren't Equestrian Script."

"Here, lemme try reading it," Golden offered. There was a hope that the script Twilight was referring to was his home language, and he wasn't giving up that hope.

"Okay then, Golden, you try making sense of it," Twilight responded, her horn glowing as the sticky note floated from in front of her to in front of Golden. After studying the note for a few seconds, Golden came up with a response.

"I can almost understand it... Either we have a good imposter here, or…" Golden stated, winking at Electrick, seeming to pass an unsaid message along. Electrick just nodded in response, using what he already knew about magic to try and bring the note closer to him. Unable to cast the telekinetic spell Twilight had, he just made a tilted table out of electricity, let the note drop on it and brought the table closer. As if Golden had written the future (or at least predicted accurately), Electrick managed to read the note. "Yep, that's definitely it."

"Um… Guys, what do you mean?" Pinkie asked, oblivious to what Electrick and Golden meant.

"There's this person we know in an alternate dimension – the alternate dimension we just transported from – and Electrick really looks up to him. However, for some reason, only a few people can read his handwriting, Electrick's one of them. Since it's so illegible, it's pretty hard to mistake for anyone else's handwriting," Frozen explained on a whim. So many half-truths had been told today, and today wasn't close to ending.

"Well, Rainbow Dash is great at pranks. She once pranked a gryphon!" Pinkie exclaimed. "It's probably just her, and the fact that it came attached to Tank is even more proof."

"Anyway, Electrick, what does it say?" Twilight asked. Since it wasn't everyday that a note arrived that only a few ponies could read, she was curious as to what was written.

"It says 'If you are reading this, the current Element of Loyalty's animal guardian must have delivered it, and it is important to know this world is in grave danger. Nightmare Moon will be rereleased on the Summer Sun Celebration, and this time she'll have allies. Be prepared to face old and new enemies.'." Electrick read aloud.

"Hahaha! Pull another one, Dashie! You expect a letter that's dated about a year ago to fool us, well think again!" Pinkie burst out in laughter, almost disbelieving of this.

"Wait, Pinkie, it says 'old and new enemies' in the letter. Almost a year ago, it was only one enemy we faced," Twilight pointed out.

"I say we should get Rainbow back for that prank. It almost fooled us!" Pinkie practically shouted.

"Um, Pinkie, now isn't the time for-" Frozen started, but he was interrupted by collective gasps from Golden, Twilight and Spike. The ponies and dragonling were staring at Pinkie, whose tail was beating on the wooden floor of the library tenfold. No… make that twentyfold.

"P-p-p-pinkie sen-n-n-n-se is-s-s act-t-t-ting up!" she stuttered, trying to stop her tail from beating against the ground.

"What exactly is the big deal?" Frozen asked, not understanding why Twilight, Spike and Golden were making such a big deal of the fluffy tail.

"It's a long story," Spike muttered, "but this probably means that something's going to happen. And since this combination hasn't been catalogued, I don't know."

"There's a list of what the tail twitches mean?" Frozen questioned, surprised.

"Yep, and it grows all the time. Twilight had the idea of starting it so we could understand what my Pinkie Sense was conveyiiiiiinnnnggg…" Pinkie explained, before slurring off. She started collapsing, and soon after Spike, Tank and Twilight collapsed too. Strangely, Electrick, Frozen and Golden were unaffected. After they nudged the unconscious ponies and pets a little (to no result), the trio decided to look outside to see if there were any clues as to what was going on.

And there was.

High up in the sky, a rip-portal loomed. It seemed to be threatening Ponyville, showing that it had more power than them and could use it at any moment. And right below it was an orange pegasus filly, plummeting down while keeping a lame hold on a scooter. Without thinking, Electrick took control of the situation, using what he knew about his magic to create a net out of solid electric energy. However, it seemed like the orange filly was falling too fast for the net to securely catch her. At this rate, she'd fall into the net and bring it down with her.

Author's Note:

Electrick --> Mark Evans (that was obvious, wasn't it?)

For now, Oiram_Balefire's out

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment