• Published 10th May 2013
  • 446 Views, 3 Comments

When The Tables Turn - Songswirl



Before Nightmare Moon came to be, Scaremare Sun took her place. Celestia was Scaremare Sun. Celestia was tired of her royal subjects avoiding the sun because of its burns. She worked restlessly converting that anger into her new shell: Scaremare Sun.

  • ...
 3
 446

Where'd She Go?

Luna looked up at her elder sister, Celestia. "Tia? You OK?" Luna asked softly. The sun was high in the sky, yet not a single pony was on the streets. Each one of them were sticking their faces into their fans. Celestia didn't reply to Luna's question. "Tia, I know you're upset because the ponies haven't gotten used to such heat. It's the first summer, let them adjust!" Luna said eagerly. Celestia still didn't reply, she continued to gaze upon the sun. She was obviously deep in thought. "Tia? Tiaaaaa?" Luna chanted into Celestia's ear, shaking her elder sister's back gently.

"What? Oh, sorry." Celestia finally said. "Luna, why don't the subjects like my day anymore?" Celestia asked gently.

"Tia... They love your day. They just don't like so much heat yet!" Luna replied softly.

Celestia frowned. "Sure. It's just the heat." She whispered to herself, coldly.

"Tia, I know I don't even have my cutiemark yet, but trust me. Soon enough our subjects will enjoy the day once again." Celestia scoffed.

"Yeah, and by then, clouds will move on their own. It's not happening, Luna!" Shocked on Celestia's behavior, Luna started walking away.

"Luna, it's about time you learned how to raise the moon." Celestia said slowly. Luna paused her motion. Her mind was processing this, as if to try and figure out if it was just a fantasy or something real. Luna turned around, and her smile sparkled in the sunshine.

"I... Can raise the moon?" She asked with disbelieve.

"Luna, for all I know, your special talent must be raising the moon. I think it's time you did it." Celestia said, clearly. "I'm getting tired of doing it myself..." Luna heard the last bit, but she didn't care, she couldn't wait to raise the moon, maybe even earn her cutiemark! "Meet me on that tall hill, where the statue of the sun and the moon is, around 9:00 PM." Celestia said blankly. She was still upset.

"Okie dokie!" replied Luna, cheerfully.

"Luna, princesses don't say "Okie dokie". Ya hear?" Huffed Celestia.

"Gee, Tia. You're a bit upset." Luna pointed out. "Just... Just go to your room and play around." Celestia studdered.

"Yes sir!" Luna grinned.

"I'm a ma'am Luna. Stop fooling around!" Celestia raised her voice. Luna was confused.

"Tia NEVER raises her voice!" Luna thought. She went into her room, and found a huge surprise.

Rolled up right in front of her was something. A mix between purple, pink, and yellow. suddenly, it popped up. It was another filly! It was just another filly, just about her size. Luna thought she was a unicorn that snuck in, but then she noticed her wings. "Wah, huh, er- Who are you?" Luna finally managed to speak.

"I'm Cadence." this strange new filly said softly. "I can't find my mommy. One day, strange ponies invaded our part of Equestria. I found my mommy asleep after the ponies left. Daddy was asleep to! Then a nurse named Redheart came. She explained how Mommy and Daddy couldn't wake up. And that a part of them was in a place called "Heaven". I don't know where that is, but I whispered into Mommy and Daddy's ears that when I grew up, I would visit them in Heaven. Nurse Redheart laughed a bit, but cried. I don't know why." Cadence explained. Luna listened closely as Cadence gushed out all her traumatizing memories. Luna smiled a bit.

"I'm Princess Luna. By the looks of it, you're a princess too!" Cadence nodded. "Wait a sec... I think you're my aunt!Unless you're my sister!" Cadence said. "I'd say that you're more of a cousin, but I don't care. Aunt stuff doesn't matter to me. I want to be your friend!" Luna grinned. Cadence blushed.

"I... I actually never had a friend before." Cadence said, softly.

"Now you do! I really like your cutiemark!" Luna smiled. Cadence grinned.

"So what's your special talent?" asked Luna.

"I can spread love with my horn." Cadence said proudly.

"Tia says I'm going to get my cutiemark tonight, when I raise the moon." Luna said with the same tone as Cadence.

"Can I come? I want to see my new best friend earn her cutiemark!" She begged.

"Alright!" Luna said. Luna looked at her clock. It ticked 8:56 PM. "Time really flew! Follow me, I'll show you where I'll do it!" Luna said eagerly. The two princesses flew side by side all the way to the mountain top.


When Luna and Cadence got there, Celestia wasn't there. "How could she ditch me??" Luna wailed.

"Luna. You can do this without Celestia! All you have to do is point your horn at the moon, hold it up, and fly up with it. How hard can that be?" Cadence asked.

"Alright. If it's that easy." Luna replied, unsure. So that's what she did. She held the moon up with her magic, and flew upward. Higher and higher the moon rose, untill it was at it's perfect position. Luna grunted, then her wings snapped shut. "EEEEEEEEEAAAAAA!!!!" Luna screached.

"LUNA!" Cadence screamed. She swooped into action and flew towards Luna, and caught her at the last second. Luna had tears in her eyes, smiling.

"You- You saved me!" Luna smiled.

"Don't mention it." Smiled Cadence.

"Wooaah! Look at your cutiemark!" Cadence said. Luna turned her head.

"It's super AWESOME!" Luna cheered. "I'm going to show Tia, and tell her I raised the moon on my own!" Luna grinned.

"I'm coming with you!" Cadence followed along.

As they trotted over to Celestia's room, an eerie brightness covered the hallway. It's particularly creepy when light is eerie. As they pushed the door open, they saw a blinding light. once the light faded, Celestia was GONE! "Where'd she go?" both fillys asked.

Author's Note:

I just fixed the paragraphs. Now there is only one speaker per paragraph. Chapter 2, "An Eerie Sunshine" is on it's way. I'm only a begginer at writing, so if you have any negetive feedback, please make sure it has what I didn't do. Thanks!