• Published 5th May 2013
  • 993 Views, 23 Comments

Blood Red Road - Dawn-Designs-Art



When Moon's twin brother Sun is stolen, she embarks on a dangerous journey through the Dustlands to find him and get him back. She will face challenges she never dreamed of and find out just how cruel ponies, and life, can be.

  • ...
6
 23
 993

Prologue

Sun got born first. On midwinter day when the sun hangs low in the sky.
Then me. Two hours later.
That pretty much says it all.
Sun goes first, always first, an I follow on behind.
An that’s fine.
That’s right.
That’s how it’s meant to be.
Because everythin’s set. It’s all fixed.
The lives of everypony who’s ever bin born.
The lives of everypony still waitin to be born.
It was all set in the stars the moment the world began. The time of yer birthin, the time of yer death. Even what kinda pony yer gonna be, good or bad.
If you know how to read the stars, you can read the story of ponies lives. The story of yer own life. What’s gone, what’s now an what’s still to come.

Back when Pa was a colt, he met up with a traveler, a pony who knew many things.
He learned Pa how to read the stars. Pa never says what he sees in the night sky but you can see it lays heavy on him.
Because you cain’t change what’s written.
Even if Pa was to say what he knew, even if he was to warn you, it would still come to pass.
I see the way he looks at Sun sometimes. The way he looks at me.
An I wish he’d tell us what he knows.
I believe Pa wishes he’d never met that traveler pony.

If you seen me an Sun together, you’d never think we was the same blood.
Never think we grew together in the same womb.
He’s a pegasus like Ma. I’m a unicorn like Pa.
He’s got a gold an red mane an tail. I got black with a purple streak.
White coat. Grey coat
Blue eyes. Brown eyes.
Hammer an slingshot cutie mark. Bow an arrow cutie mark.
Strong. Scrawny.
Beautiful. Ugly.
He’s my light.
I’m his shadow.
Sun shines like the bright hot sun he was named after.
That must of made it easy fer them to find him.
All they had to do was follow his light.