• Published 4th May 2013
  • 6,146 Views, 310 Comments

The New Boss - Dash Attack



A Five Score, Divided by Four side story. The son of a mob boss turns into a villain from a kid's show. Read the full description for more details.

  • ...
29
 310
 6,146

Father and Son

I watch from up high as the fools scamper off into the garden. I then turn and gaze upon my little brother, who I can tell is downright terrified of the shadowy mass before him. Yet despite his fear, he tries his best to look back at me, even though I could probably eat him in one gulp if I wanted too.

I lower my shadowy head down to the ground and stare at him.

“I’m sorry you had too see me like this.”

My shadowy body starts to shrink as I as I try to restore my physical form. I am now standing on two legs again, with all my clothes and weapons intact. However, I can tell from the fear in my brothers face that I still looked like a monster.

Wanting to comfort him, I offer Antonio my hand, only to find that dark grey fur has started to form on it. I can only guess that whatever I did just now has sped up the stages of transformation. By giving in to my old identity, I have caused my humanity too shed at an even faster rate.

My brother backs away when he see’s my furry arm.

“Are you, really my brother?” he says nervously.

For a moment, the question stumps me, because even I wasn't sure anymore. Still I try to answer him as best I can.

“Antonio, it really is me. It’s really hard to explain how and why all this started but you have to believe that it’s still me.”

“Your face isn't even human.” he says. “Your voice sounds like Dr.Claw on crack. Your eyes look like they're on fire. Nothing about you looks anything remotely like my brother. If you are my brother you are going to have to prove it.”

I hadn't realized how much of my humanity this transformation had already consumed. Apparently I now sound like Sombra . When the hell did that happen? It doesn't matter now. Right now I need to focus on convincing my brother -(and myself) - that I am still his big brother.

“Your favorite anime is Naruto. When you were seven you went on my computer and found a bunch of naked women. I gave you thirty dollars not too tell Dad and you bought yourself a video game. And on my birthday, I made you sleep over at your friend Tim’s place.”

Antonio shook his head and gave me an uncomfortable look. “What you say is all true, but I still can’t believe it. What have you become? Why did you kill all those people? How did you turn into the smoke monster from lost?”

“It’s complicated little brother.” I said. “But basically I’m a reincarnation of King Sombra. He was one of the villains in some retarded girls show that was on when you were a toddler. A’lot teenagers and college student’s got into it for God knows what reason. I never paid any attention to that in school. As retarded as this may sound, that little girls show was based on a real place. A realm far different from our own. And in that world, I was a Gannodorf like Tyrant that enslaved an entire empire. But a demon of chaos feared me, and sent my soul into this world to live the life of human. Now as a part of a cruel joke, the spell he cast is wearing off, and I am now becoming the pony I once was both mentally and physically. By midnight tonight, their won’t be a single shred of humanity left.”

My brother looks at me like da fuck is he talking about. I think to myself that someone should take a picture of his face right now and make a meme out of it.

“I just saw you almost eat a man, and even I don’t believe any of it.”

“Well believe me or not, you better get used to having an evil unicorn for brother. Right now I need to kill Dad while I still give a rat’s flank about Mom.”

“Steve, you can’t kill Dad.” Antonio says concernedly. “Even if Dad did kill her, you’ll be no different from him if you do this.”

“Antonio!” I shout sternly. I watch my brother back away again. I figure my apparent voice change and my exposed fangs must have scared the crap out of him. Convincing him that part of the old me is still alive is going to be really difficult.

I open my mouth again and tell myself to speak gently this time.

“I’m sorry for scaring you. I didn't know my voice had changed until you told me a moment ago. I watched some of those old episodes, so I can guess what I sound like right now. As hard as this change has been on me, this can’t be easy for you. But you can’t stop me from killing Dad. I know you were toddler when it happened, but she really was the sweetest mom ever. Every fiber of my black heart tells me Dad did her in. Now that I have these powers, I can finally read Dad’s mind and find out for sure.”

I kneel down and place my hand on his shoulder.

“If Dad isn't responsible, I’ll spare him. But even if he didn't, he’s still going to try and kill me even though i’m kind of a god at this point. I’m afraid no matter how this ends, things can never truly go back to the way they were. Just please step aside. This is what the human me would have wanted.”

In that moment, Antonio does something that makes all the hate and rage I feel inside numb. With both his arms, he wraps both his arms around me. Not wanting him to accidentally set something off, I take off my vest with my magic and toss it aside. Vengeance can wait. For now, I just want to feel human again. I remove my hand from his shoulder and return his embrace.

“I love you so much Antonio.” I say as a tear trickles down my face. “I’m sorry you had to be born into such an evil family. What with me being a monster and Dad being the selfish cut-throat bastard. A good kid like you shouldn't have to suffer for that. I promise that no matter how evil I might become, I’ll always be your brother.”

“You are my brother Steve, even if you look and sound nothing like him. I don’t care if your Orochimaru, Light Yagami, fucking Emperor Palpatine. There’s still good inside you, and I’m going to do my best to make you see it.”

I laugh. “Your such a dork Antonio, but I’m not sure if you're right . Even when I was human I was never good, because deep down this is who I was meant to be. I’m just sorry you had too see me like this.”

After what felt like an eternity, we broke the hug and I got onto my feet.

“Your eyes aren't green and smoking anymore Steve. Why is that.”

“Are they back to normal?”

He shakes his head.

“No, your iris are still red.”

I smirk at how smart my little brother is for his age. His vocabulary really surprises me sometimes.

“I don’t know! I Guess it’s the power of love or some bullshit like that. Watch them start smoking again once I step inside that house. Anyways, thanks for cooling me off back there. Now if you will excuse me.”

I levitate a pistol from my vest and slide the top like a badass. My hand’s were starting to feel numb so I didn't even try doing it the old fashioned way.

“I’m going to search the house for Dad. I’ll try and show mercy if I can, but either way I’m finishing what I started. I won’t stop until I know the truth.”

As I make my way towards the back door of the house, I stop half way when I hear my brother call out again.

“I love you Steve.” said Antonio with tears in his eyes.

“I love you too bro. Stay outside. This will all end soon.”

I continue on towards the housed and open the back door. It is getting increasingly difficult to walk on two legs at this point. Before now the changing bone structure of my legs was an annoyance. Now, it was painful. Still, I made my way inside and and head towards Dad’s office. I figured he must be hiding in the safe room, thinking it would protect him until the rest of the crew got back. I hope I’m right, because I’m don’t know how much longer I can stay on two legs.

So as I make my way down the hall, a man jumps out from one of the rooms and takes a shot at me. I catch the bullet with my magic just before it hits my forehead. I let the bullet fall to the ground and tisk at him.

“Your lucky Antonio calmed me down a bit otherwise I would have sent that bullet flying back at you.”

I aim my pistol that is still floating close to me, at him.

“If I were you I’d consider myself lucky and go outside. Who knows what will happen if I start getting trigger happy.”

I fire a warning shot by his foot to prove my point.

The man screams like a bitch and goes back into the room he entered from.

Alright. No more distractions. Time to make Dad talk.

I limp to the end of the hall and unlock the door with my horn. When I enter, I see that the bookcase behind Dad’s desk has been moved to reveal a shiny metal door.

I drop the gun and start charging my horn. Papers and books start flying all over the room as I try and build energy. The safe room door was made of titanium. If I have any hope of breaking it, I’m going to need to muster a lot of power. I jerk my head forward and release the energy from my horn. When I open eyes the door to the safe room now has a large hole in it. Through the hole I see a scared old man hiding behind a suit of armor.

“Sorry old timer,” I say smugly, “probably should have knocked first. But since I'm here, let’s talk about Mom for a...”

I wince in pain as a bullet enters my chest. I was too caught up in the moment to even consider that my father was armed.

I roar as I feel my body expunge the bullet from my chest. Purple and green energy starts filling around my bullet wound as I feel it begin too close. Crap, had I know I could regenerate like that I could have gotten in the house a lot faster.

Suddenly, I feel several bullets pierce my body. I fall back in pain as each bullet hits me square in the chest. Jesus why did I take off the vest.”

When the gunshots stop I watch the same thing happened again. Like before, the bullets are pushed out of my body, and the wounds are quickly healed by my magic.

“Why won’t you fucking die!” he screams. “What the fuck are you?”

It takes me a moment to respond as I try and recover from the pain of having a full clip emptied into me.

I shoot another beam from my horn and blow away the bottom portion of the door. Now I can walk in.

“I’m a fucking My Little Pony villain who was reborn as your son. I know it’s retarded but that’s the situation here. Anyways in the words of Bane it doesn't matter who I am. What matters is what I’m going to do to you for killing Mom.”

My father gives me a strange look.

“Steve?”

As I make my way in I wince in pain as I feel my fingers start to meld into my hand.

“Damn it, not now.”

I watch in horror as my entire body feels like its on fire. The transformation is speeding up. My shirt started to fall off my body as my torso starts shifting. In pain I get down on all fours as I feel my body shrink. I try and walk but I trip on my pants and slip. My jeans fly right off as my body hits the floor. My shirt slides over my head and covers my eyes, leaving me in the dark. My Dad yanks the shirt off of my head before unleashing a series of kicks too my pony chest.

He laughs. “My Little Fucking Pony huh. If I didn't just see you turn into one I wouldn't believe it? Well I guess it doesn't matter. Deep down, I always knew you were nothing but a weak pathetic animal Steve. Well, I’m not going to let some childish monstrosity succeed me. It’s all going to Antonio, and with you dead, I can mold him into the ideal boss this organisation needs.”

You're the... animal.” I say has I cough up some blood.

My Dad backs away for a moment, most likely from the shock of hearing a miniature horse speak. However, he quickly get’s his shit together and continues kicking the crap out of me.

I try to stand up but my chest is on fire from getting shot and kicked in such a short span of time. Also, the fact that I am now a four legged creature isn't helping either. How the hell am I so supposed to win if I don’t even know how to stand and walk with four legs.

“Come one you little faggot horse.” he says to me. “Get up so I can beat the living shit out your imaginary ass.”

I look up him and expose my fangs.

“Let’s see you imagine this.”

I zap him with first spell that came into mind. I watched as images from my fathers past zoomed by me in the form of a dozen moving screens. In one screen, I could see father's childhood years growing up with Grandpa Aldo. On another screen, I could see him and Mom taking their vows in front of the alter. The two of them looked so young and happy, and it was hard for me too believe that he was the same person.

The screens of my father's past zoomed past until one of the screens grew in size and swallowed us both into it.

-------

This day could not get any stranger. First, some kind of demonic horse creature melt’s a hole in my safe room claiming to be my son. Then he the creature tell’s me he’s a character from that girl show David put on during one of my parties last year. At first I didn't believe him, until I saw him transform into a full blown horse right in front of me. Then, to top it all off, I witness my entire life literally zoom past me before getting sucked into a giant video screen

Now me and the creature who I guess is Steven - how I have no idea - are in what looks like the main hall of the mansion. I am about to start beating the him again when I see two figures going down the steps.

I recognize one of them as my man Joe, but I don't recognize who the other person is. As they get closer, it finally hits me like a ton of bricks. The person standing next too Joe is actually me. This day just can’t get any stranger.

Joe and my doppelganger make their way down the steps too where me and the creature are. I pick up right away that they can’t see us, otherwise the two of them would have acknowledged my existence. As I listened to them speak, my mind begins to understand what’s really going on.

“Are you sure there's nothing else you can say to make things better with Martha boss?” asked Joe to the other me.

“I’m afraid not, she is dead serious about telling the cops about the Warehouse. If they find it, they will have a enough evidence to bring me down for good. I love her Joe, but she no longer loves me.

I pause for a moment before putting a hand on Joe's shoulder.

“I’m afraid I’m too busy too take care of this matter myself. I drugged her a few hours ago. When she wakes up, tell her that Steve will be taking over this business, and that there is nothing either of them can do about it. If she can’t accept that, put a bullet in her head for me.”

Joe looks at the other me in shock. “Boss, this is your wife you're talking about. You've been married for almost twenty five years. Also, what about your children.”

“Steven knows that her and I have been fighting. I’ll just tell him that she just couldn't take me anymore. In the end, I’ll be telling him the truth. I just won’t tell him about the ugly part. I’m one of the few people in this world the boy actually respects. I’m certain he’ll believe me. As for Antonio, he’s still very young. I’ll just spoil him and make the pain go away. Nothing a few Power Rangers can’t heal.”

Joe shakes his head. “Boss, please think about this. You can talk to her and convince her not to rat you out too the cops. You know if you give me the order, I’ll put a bullet in almost anyone. But please think about this. Are you sure there isn't another way?”

“If I hadn't made up my mind we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. I need this taken care of before the boys wake up tomorrow. The bitch is in my car on enough dope to keep her asleep for a few more hours. Drive her to the usual spot and shoot her in the head before she wakes up. If you want you can wait until she wakes up and try and convince her to drop it. However, I’d rather she not feel any pain. You might as well just kill her while she can’t feel anything.”

“I’ll take care of it right away Boss.”

“I knew I could count on you Joe.”

The memory fades away and the room slowly turns back into the safe room.

I look to face the creature. He is standing up on all fours now, no longer showing any signs of pain. Large flame like streams of purple smoke are pouring out of him like flames pouring out of an oven. The green in his eyes glow bright with passion, and his red iris glisten with murderous intent. Despite acknowledging who he was out loud to him, not once did I really believe him too be my son. Now after looking in his eyes, I have no doubt in my mind that the monster before me is in fact my own flesh and Blood.”

For the first time in my entire life, I did something I thought I would never do in front of my own children. I started to cry.

“Please Steven. Forgive me. I was only trying to do what was best for you. I wanted it all to go to you Steven. That's why I made Joe do it. Yet in the end, I know that my sins will drag me to hell, and I see no more fitting executioner than the monster you have become.”

I crouch and beg for mercy.

“Just please, end me now.”

---------

I had seen enough.

I waited while the memory faded and returned both of us to the safe room.

I lifted myself up from the ground using all four of my legs, as I felt my anger heal the pain in my chest. I turned to face my father, and focus all my hatred towards him. The man looked at me in horror. It was as if he saw me as a phantom, about to send his soul to everlasting damnation. He couldn't have been more right.

My father had believed in heaven and hell for a long time. At one point I imagined he did, because I did see him in church a couple of times back when I was surfing through his life. However, my father saw god as a sample of what he wished himself to be. Too be honest, the only reason I ever believed was because of what happened to Mom. A woman as sweet as her deserves the best, especially after hearing how Dad did her in.

But right now, the mysteries of the universe can wait. All that mattered was the hell I was planning too unleash on him right here.

I brush my left forehoof on the ground and gesture my head like a bull about to charge it’s prey.

Before I can will myself to make my next movie, I see Dad do something I thought I’d never see. He started to tear up, as he stared back at me with regret.

“Please Steven. Forgive me. I was only trying to do what was best for you. I wanted it all to go to you Steven. Tha'ts why I made Joe do it. Yet in the end, I know that my sins’s will drag me to hell, and I see no fitting executioner than the monster you have become.”

Suddenly the room flashed as a forgotten memory surfaced into my brain. I was in the throne room in Crystal Castle, staring at a crying alicorn mare. In my mind, I knew her name to be Gaia.

“Please Sombra, Forgive me. I only wanted you to overcome your hatred first. That's why I didn't teach you the secrets of the Crystal Heart. Yet in the end, I have failed as both a queen and a teacher. Your hatred for me and the ponies of this kingdom is too strong even for me. I just hope that my sisters will be able to save you from your madness.

My mind comes back to the present as I watch my father get down on his knees.

“Just please, end me now.”

I flash back to the empire and see that Gaia is kneeling in a similar manner.

“You have beaten me. If you're going to end me, I suggest you do it now. No doubt that the mere fear of killing me will add to your overwhelming might. But know that I will forever look after Equestria as well this planet within the Earth.”

Again my mind returns to the present, where my father is offering himself to me like Gaia before him.

Suddenly, familiar words that I had once spoke long ago echoed from my mouth.

“I will gladly take your life, and take your empire as my own.”

In that moment. The past and present merged. As I summon an array of black crystal swords around my father, I watch myself do the exact same thing too Gaia in the past. I watched as both the man and the alicorn are impaled by my blades. As one lodges itself in my father's chest, another slices off my mentor’s majestic wings. In the end, both lay dead in a pool of their own blood. The only difference was that right now on earth, I didn't break out into laughter.

In my former life, I slain an innocent goddess whose only crime was that she built a kingdom based on love and hope. Now, I have slain a heartless monster, who built his kingdom with blood and greed. Yet now, I do not feel the same satisfaction that I once felt thousands of years ago, but I know not why.

Who am I? Am I a human or a pony? Am I caring brother or a cold blooded killer? Am I Steve Anello or King Sombra?

Who am I?

Suddenly I see my father's hand move slightly. He was still alive.

I trot to him with difficulty and heal some of his wounds partially, so that I could talk to him one last time.

I watch his eyes open and stare at me.

“I’m sorry, Dad, but after what I just saw I couldn't let you get away with what you had done. My mind and body might have changed, but my love for her and Antonio is just as strong as ever. I thought killing you would help bring me closer, but now I feel like I am no better than you.

Steven...”

He is struggling to say something, so I use my magic to help maintain his life force for a little while longer.

“Even as an evil talking horse from a fucking kids show, you are better than me. I see now that you are the worst of me and the best of your mother. You have my brutality and her compassion inside you. Even now, you're already making plans for Antonio for when I’m gone. You were right in taking your vengeance upon me, and I couldn't be more proud of you now. You have the balls to take what is yours, and the heart to protect the ones you care about.”

I sat by him in the moment, as I take in this words. Is he really, congratulating me for murdering him? Even in death, my father is a basket case. Yet despite the absurdity of it all, I couldn't help but take comfort in his words. In a way, he is helping me answers the questions that have been haunting me since the moment I pulled the trigger back in the bank.

“Steven, never lose sight of what’s important like I did, and never lose your ambition. You are a god Steven, and you deserve to live like one. Take care of your brother, take care of what’s left of the organization, but most importantly take care of yourself.”

I place my hoof on his shoulder and look down at him.

“Your eyes stopped smoking Steve.”

“Yeah, they go on and off from time to time.” I laugh. “I’ll honor your last request, even though I really should have just let you die already.Thank you for taking getting murdered by your pony son so well.”

The two of us laughed at the absurdity of my words, but I can tell he’s really not comfortable about dying.

“Goodbye Steven.”

I shake my head.

“No. Before you die, you should hear my true name. This chat has been touching, but you're still getting what you deserve. For now on, only the ones I truly care for may call me Steve Anello. The rest of the human race shall know me as King Sombra. In time world will quake before my name.”

“Well, I’ll be rooting for you in hell.”

“I thought it didn't exist.”

“While I’m hoping it doesn't for my sake, seeing you do all this magic shit today makes me really nervous.”

I laugh. “Write us all a postcard when you get there, and don’t forget too wright one to Mom.”

I release my magic and watch as my father starts to bleed again. Within moments the life vanishes from his eyes, and I feel his body go cold in my hoof.

I laugh hysterically this time without feeling any shred of guilt. This time, I tasted the victory that was my revenge and enjoyed every moment of it. Now that I knew that I could still be Steve and Sombra made me feel great. For the first time since my mother vanished from my life, I actually gave a crap about what my father said.

After savoring my victory, I debated \what I should do about Antonio. I’m going to need time to explain too Antonio what happened, even if the truth was ugly. Hopefully he won’t turn into Link from the Legend of Zelda when he turns twenty-five and kill me with the Master Sword.

I'm sure I'll find the wright words, but before I do that I need to take care of a few more thing. I levitated my father's cell phone and hacked it with my magic. It was a touch phone, so I had to manipulate the phone with magic in order to properly use it. It was tricky, but I finally got it to call David’s cell.

I put the phone on speaker so that my ears wouldn't get hurt and waited for David to answer.

“Mr. Anello.”

“Sorry David, or do you prefer to go by your pony name now? Thunder something I think? I can’t remember what it is. Anyway, father's dead stiff right now. I’m afraid he won’t be making anymore calls.”

“My God Steve, what have you done.”

“Don’t worry, I made sure he was actually responsible for my mother's death first before I did anything. Anyway, I think I might have accidentally sped my transformation up while fighting my way into the mansion. I kinda took the form of a shadowy monster thing. Are you still partially human.”

Eventually I do hear his voice.

“Well yeah but barely, Me and Rum... Rudy grew what we think might be wings not too long ago. They don’t look or feel fully developed, but my brother is really excited. I’m just really afraid about what this means for the future.

“Don’t worry David. I have a plan. How far are you from the mansion.”

“I’m in a secluded parking lot not too far from the place. We've been sitting in the car for about two whole hours waiting for whatever shit you started to blow over. By the way, I heard you kill Luigi when I called him. He was my friend man.”

“I got kind of trigger happy. I felt like I was in an action movie. I’ll admit I got a little carried away, but Antonio was able to snap me out of it. I spared as many as I could. Listen, you need to come over here. I’m going to make a speech soon and I want your to be there. I promise if anyone mistreats you or your brother I’ll turn them into stone. I know you're not thrilled at me for knocking you out last night, but it beats sitting in that parking lot.”

“You don’t need beat yourself up. I put a hit on my parents killer and got myself involved in this mess. I understand how you feel. Wait, I really shouldn't be having this conversation in front of Rumble. Just make sure you clean the ‘mess’ you made before we get there. I’ll drive around a bit so you can do that.”

“Alright. Stay safe and watch out for people.”

I hang up my phone and turn to the suit of armor in the back of the room. Behind it was a tapestry of some sort. As my eyes dart between the both of them, I smile wickedly.

“I think it’s time I get dressed for the occasion.”

I zap both the tapestry and the armor and watch as they both changed before my eyes. The lower half shrank and molded into metal plating on my chest and legs. The helmet was transformed into a familiar black crown which complimented my mane and had a nice hole for my horn. Lastly, the tapestry transformed itself into a regal red cape that one might see upon a human king.

I teleported myself and reappeared in the spot where my Armor had be floating. It now was tightly secure on my body. Next I levitated my royal cape and placed it upon my back. A nice feeling of nostalgia entered my mind as I did so. Lastly I placed my royal crown atop my head and made my way out of the room in search for a mirror. With difficulty I stumbled into one of the rooms and found exactly what I was looking for.

I gazed at myself as a sinister smile formed on my face.

“I know I've only just turned into a pony, but I look so fucking sexy right now.”

I pump my right hoof in the air.

“Hail to the king bitches.”

Author's Note:

Special thanks to thanks too Violate Emblem X and Vast Data for editing. Only one more chapter left until the epilogue. Don't worry, the story is far from over. There will be a squeal about the event's that follow.