• Published 4th May 2013
  • 6,144 Views, 310 Comments

The New Boss - Dash Attack



A Five Score, Divided by Four side story. The son of a mob boss turns into a villain from a kid's show. Read the full description for more details.

  • ...
29
 310
 6,144

The Most Awkward Heist Ever Pulled

Look at you, the once mighty Sombra, reduced to hiding in a cave all by his lonesome self. I'm surprised you even survived after you were blasted by the elements of harmony. You were a fool to try and attack Ponyville. However, even a pathetic runt like you could pose trouble for me if you ever regain your power. That's why I'm going to make you someone else's problem. Five Score, Divided by...

My alarm woke me up at around 8:30. I abruptly hit the snooze and tried to get my hungover body out of the bed. It wasn't easy, but I managed to get myself to the bathroom across the hall, despite all the pain I was in. After a quick trip to the bathroom, I stumbled over to the mirror. That's when I noticed something was off.

In the mirror I could see that my normally light brown hair had become darker and slightly longer. The top portion of my hair was almost completely black. Then I remembered the tattoos on my sides. I lift up my boxers and sure enough a purple crystal lay on both sides of my cheeks. Who the hell did this?

As my head cleared up a bit, I recalled a dream I had last night. The details were fuzzy, but I remembered that someone or something had been taunting me. It was probably nothing. Besides, I had some thing more important to worry about than some weird dreams and mystery tattoos. I had a bank to rob.

Once I was finished in the bathroom, I went to my closet and put on a pair of dark clothes. Afterwords I ran down the stairs and helped myself to some Frosted Flakes. As I poured myself a bowl, I look up to see my brother Antonio eating some pancakes that the chefs made him.

He looked up and smiled at me, "So Dad tells me you’re going to rob that bank that just opened up."

I nod at him with a grin, "Don't worry, we’re just going to get in and get out. I promise no one will get hurt."

This, of course, was a lie. I had no idea what the hell was going to happen, but I had to protect my little brother from all this.

Antonio was twelve years old, only a year younger than David’s brother Rudy. Like me, he had light brown hair and light blue eyes. Ever since Mom "ran away," I've been doing my best to make sure he has as normal a childhood as humanly possible while living in a mob family. So far I say I've been doing a damn good job. For instance, last night I made sure he slept at a friend’s house so he didn't get exposed to all the adult things going on at the party.

"You don't have to lie to me. I just hope it's not going be like that scene from The Dark Knight where all the robbers are killing each other."

"Don't worry. Dad might be a lot of things, none of which you can tell him I've said, but believe it or not there are some things even he won't do. They’re far and few between, but killing all his best men isn't one of them." Unless they really piss him off. Hell, two months ago he shot Ricky straight in the eyes without giving us any warning. Again, not something I wanted Antonio to ever know about.

Unlike me and Dad, Antonio wasn't very aggressive. Whenever he was around, I felt as though this fucked up world actually had meaning to it. Maybe, it was because he was the only member of this family I still cared about. All my other relatives were either in the mob or stayed away from my side of family.

"By the way, did you dye your hair black last night? It looks like you forgot to do most of it."

"Believe it or not I woke up like this. Who knows, maybe my entire life, I was secretly Wolverine."

"That, or you got drunk again."

I facepalm. "That's besides the point, twerp. Anyway, I really need to go before Dad goes all Scarface on me.

"See ya bro! Oh, and Happy Birthday."

I give him a thumbs up before I walk out the door and for my car. I needed to meet the boys at the Warehouse, where a huge armored car disguised as a bank truck waited for me.

I opened my car and sat down in the driver's seat. As I turn the ignition I look at my hair again in the mirror. It was too slight for me tell, but it seemed my hair was more black and shadowy than the last time I looked at it. If I wasn't so nervous about what I was going to do, I would probably be a little more concerned. For now I just brushed it off for it being the mirror's fault.

I put the car in reverse and back out of the driveway slowly. After that I put the car in drive and head down the road leading into the city.

--------

The Warehouse was a storage facility owned by my father to help him conduct his illegal operations. It was here where we stored most of the records of the family’s shady business deals and transactions. It was also where we stored a lot of our black market weapons and illicit substances. If the police ever got wind of this place, no amount of bribe money could ever make them look the other way.

I pulled the car up to the front and stepped inside through the entrance. Once inside, I spotted the armored car as well as the thugs that would undoubtedly be running me through the motions today. It's a good thing Dad picked a lot of familiar faces as I looked around. However, I notice right away that someone who should have been there but wasn't.

"Where’s David?" I thought. He promised he would be there. I check my phone to see if he left me any messages. Sure enough, there was a text from him that he sent at around midnight last night.

I can't talk right now. Something strange is happening to me and Rudy. I'm going to try and schedule a doctor’s appointment. What's weird is that these marks look just like the ones the ponies have on their flanks in FIM. If my bro didn't have one too, I would have thought those girls last night did it. Just stay calm and collective. But not too calm because you need to scare the shit out of everyone in bank. It's a good thing intimidation is your special talent.

After reading the message several times, I start to panic a bit. David and his brother had marks too! And they look like things from that fucking girls show. While his comparison was probably just him being a pony fag, them both having marks alarmed me. There was no human way this was a prank, and this was too bizarre to be a disease. What the hell was going on.

"Steven, it's 10:30 already. Mr. Anello wants us in position by 11:15."

I shake my head and look up at the man, accidently waving my elongated hair in front of my face. It was definitely longer and blacker.

"I'm fine Joe, I'm fine. Can you please tell me how my hair looks first?”

Joe scratches his bald head and looks at me curiously.

"It looks like you tried to dye your hair and forgot to finish. Also, it your hair looks slightly longer from last night. It looks like your hair grew a little over night. It’s probably just me though.”

"Fine, I'll worry about it later. It's just if anything about my body starts changing, can you let me know? I know it sounds weird, but I promise if you do this for me I’ll make sure Dad gets you an extra five percent on the loot today."

He nods. "That's an odd request, but I won't complain. I’ll do anything for a larger cut."

I pat him on the back. "Awesome, now tell me which gun I should bring."

-------

It was 11:30 and we were two blocks away from Good Fortune Bank. Then we got stuck in a little bit of traffic. There was some sort of farming convention going on in the center of town. Freaking yolkals.

There were ten of us including myself. Seven of us including me and Joe were wearing ski masks so nobody could I.D. us, and bullet proof vests under our black clothing. Anyone who wasn't armed was either our driver and the two people sitting across from us who were wearing casual clothes. The job was to start when the bank got less crowded later. If we went in there while the bank was packed, we wouldn't have enough manpower to control the hostages and prevent them from calling the cops.

We each carried a variety of weapons from your standard handgun to completely modded submachine guns. As for me I was carrying a 12 gauge shotgun with freaking armor piercing rounds. While the fact that we had weapons as powerful as these scared me a little, it also made feel extremely relieved. It made me feel like we had a shot at this. No pun intended.

Joe put his semi-automatic down and clapped his hands. "Alright scouts, you know what to do, text us the code word when it's just 6 or eight people left. Once you give us the heads up, we'll storm the bank. Long as you guys pretend to be hostages, your involvement will be unknown.”

The watchers head out the back. After they leave the driver takes us closer to the bank. Meanwhile, I am pinching myself within my ski mask. My brown-black hair just keeps getting longer. If it keeps growing like this I'm afraid that it's going to fall out. Thankfully, it's not nearly that long. Hell, it's probably not growing as fast as I think it is. I should be fine.

I lift up my ski mask and turn my eyes to the Subway cheese steak sandwich beside me. I pick up and unwrap it before taking a bite. Now I knew this was all my imagination. I laugh at myself for even considering this to be possible in the first place. If I was turning into some cartoon horse, then surely my body would reject the meat in my mouth. However, right now this steak tasted better than anything I have ever eaten in my life. The flavor it brought was nothing but intoxicating. I wondered if they changed the recipe.

After finishing the last bites of my sandwich, I replaced my mask and put both hands behind my head before leaning backward. I started to think about all the gems and crystals I could steal from this bank, wanting them more than ever. It was like having them would bring closer to heaven it self. I begin to snooze with a wide smirk on my face.

-------

“Steven, wake up.” ordered Joe, “The watchers have given us the all clear, I’ll walk you through the ropes.”

My eyes opened, and I slowly reached for my gun, but stopped to check my phone. It’s almost half past two and I can see that David has left me quite a few text messages. Strange, there are about seven there. I’ll have to check them later. If I screw this up, I could end in trouble with either the cops or my father.

“Let’s do this!” I shouted like I was playing Call of Duty for the very first time before realising how dull of a game it is.

“Alright boys,” barked Joe. ”storm the building and keep your eyes on their hands. Make sure only thing they touch is their heads. That goes double for the bank staff. If they touch those panic buttons, we’re screwed.”

On Joe’s mark we rush out of the van like a freaking swat team and run towards the the front door. Joe and I slam it open and point our weapons with a shout, “Freeze! Hands behind your heads!” Joe and I have our guns trained on the people behind the counter while the others move toward the people in the lobby.

We round the hostages to the far right corner of the lobby while one of our men fires silenced shots at the cameras. We round up the employees and put them next to the customers while a man with an automatic runs up to take care of the security.

If this wasn't such a new bank, I doubt we’d be able to pull this off so easily. However, even the the best executed plan can have a hiccup that fucks everything over. Unfortunately that hiccup was about to be me.

I stare at the cowering people as something euphoric takes hold. For some reason, their fear was turning me on. The way they stared at us, the way they stared at me. I felt like a god. A god who held the lives of many in his hands. If I so desired I could blow one of their head off and bask in their crimson blood as if were nice hot steamy show... Where the fuck did that come from? I must be losing my fucking mind.

I tried to shake the sadistic thoughts out of my head, and began to feel extremely uncomfortable in my mask. Without even thinking I tear it off. Everyone in the fucking room starts staring at me, including my men. Even the little girl who had been cowering in her mom’s shoulders was staring at me with a shocked look.

Joe taps me on the shoulder and I turn to look at him. “Remember when you asked me to tell you if your body started to change?”

I nodded with an uneasy look on my face. I didn’t like where this was going.

“Let me guess, my hair is darker and longer.”

“Uh... yeah but that’s nothing. What the fuck happened to your eyes, they’re smoking up, and they’re green. And it’s not your irises, though that’s different too. The white’s of your eyes are fucking green. You’re possessed!”

Suddenly, the men start back away from me. One of them ran straight out the front door with his gun. That fool. If someone see’s him, they'll call the cops.

The little girl points at me with an accusing finger. “It’s Sombra, mommy. He’s returned. He must be working for Discord. Please tell me this a dream. His episodes were so scary!.”

Sombra, Discord, episodes? Jesus Christ this was getting weird.

You should make an example of that runt. While our power is dormant you should use this pathetic human weapon and destroy her. Make her pay for her insolence!

I lift up the gun to blast her, but something stopped me. Her mother grabs her child and uses herself as a shield. While my brain is telling me to follow through with everything, memories of my own mom help stop whatever was coming over me.

If not the girl, then shoot that man over there. You must instill fear in them. Only then will they obey us.

I lose myself for a fraction of a second. That fraction was all I needed to turn around and pull the trigger. I watched in horror as a man I didn’t even know fell backward from where he was kneeling onto the floor. A pool of blood began to form around him has he struggled for dear life.

“What the hell is happening to me?!” I shouted silently in my head “I just killed a man for no reason!”

I threw away my gun as my hands began to shake. Why did I do that? That voice in my head. It didn’t sound like me, but at the same time it did. That doesn’t even make any sense. Oh God. No goddammit no no. I did not just do this. I would never... not without a reason at least.

The crowd of people were still afraid. But as I stood there with hands shaking, their stares of horror began to morph into confusion. Some of our men started pointing guns at me, shaking as they did so.

I have to get out of here before things get even worse.

But what about the gems. We need to...

Dammit, there is no time for that! I need to bail now.

I make a break for the fire exit. Joe sees me and shouts, “Don’t go there, you’ll set off the fire alarm!”

I couldn’t believe it. After telling me that my eyes changed color and seeing me murder someone, the only thing he cared about was his own ass. I just became a murderer; even I think that’s kind of fucked up. I push the door open and set the alarm off. I make my way into an alley and just run like there's no tomorrow.

After running for God knows how long, I felt like my gait was starting to shift. In addition, my hair, which was originally down to my neck, was now touching my shoulders.

When I felt like I was far enough away, I stopped to catch my breath. After a minute or so of panting I pulled out my phone. There was another text message from David. I slid my finger over the screen to check it.

It read I’m not crazy, I swear. Please just come over. You're the only one I can trust and Rudy is panicking right now. Just come over and see for yourself.

I check his other messages. Apparently he was too afraid take him and Rudy out of the house, and he really needed my help. I figured his apartment might be a good place to lay low, and possibly get some answers as to what was going on. I pressed his number and put the phone to my ear. It didn’t take long for someone to answer.

“Steven, thank Christ all mighty it’s you. You will not believe the shit thats been happening to me and Rumble.”

He messed his name up again. Maybe this has something do with change.

“I’ll believe anything at this point. Listen, what ever happened to you, you're not alone. I think I might have it too, and i think whatever it is has just allowed me to do something unforgivable.”

The phone fell silent for a moment.

“What did you do, Steve?”

I let out a loud sigh. “Today at the bank, I shot an innocent man. I think he might be dead.”

“Jesus Steve, why did you do that?” He sounded angry at me. I didn’t blame him. I figured I might as well tell them the truth.

“I did it to make them fear me.”

The phone fell silent but David didn’t hang up. Right now he needed me, and I him.

“Hang in there, David. I’ll be there around six.”

I hang up the phone and continued to run.