• Published 8th May 2013
  • 2,463 Views, 82 Comments

Hal 9000, Space Impact - Iridescence T Wind



Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic computer. Otherwise known as H.A.L. Deactivated for a fault in his programming that lead to the deaths of four of the five members of his misson and deactivated by the survivor.

  • ...
6
 82
 2,463

New folder, Discordance Recording

"Chaos is the score upon which reality is written."
-Henry Miller

|-((o)) ((o)) ((o)) ((o)) ((o))-|

Viewing upon the land was interesting, it was covered in various strange things from buffalo doing a ballet to bunnies with legs several times longer than their bodies. This must be limbo, Hal decided, the plane of chaos. His suspicions further confirmed by the cotton candy clouds raining chocolate milk. This place looked like it was designed by a two year old with a temper tantrum. Houses from various earth cultures and periods of time were floating in the air suspended on dirt or the ground ones were made similar to theater props and looked real on the outside but behind it was a simple unsupported structure keeping the wooden wall up which would easily collapse given the smallest sneeze. One such mare did sneeze after a giant pepper shaker forced her to and in the process demolishing a entire street.

More chaos could be seen as a Hansa Yellow Pegasus, mare presumably from the snout shape in comparison to the various males in the area, had a fight with a pair of giant mice colored like pandas in a running engagement of mixed martial arts and street fighting as the black maned mare upper-cutted one of the giant panda-mice into the air and ran away out of town shouting vaguely at some far off chimera like figure as if he owed her or something.

The logic of this place couldn't be more flawed. As he looked however a being made of all sorts of animals laughed at this chaos all the while pulling out a glass of the chocolate milk, drinking the glass and tossing it behind him and towards Hal. Hal knew such a impossibility as solid liquid shouldn't be able to hold form for long and dived to the side before getting blasted by the resulting unpredictable explosion that the milk created. Yep, he was in Limbo. In the distance he saw six brightly colored equines racing towards the figure and based on his experiences with the inhabitants so far. He bolted for the safety of the nearby woods in time for the day to short out for night and for Hal to slip on a road made of wet soap sending him sliding into a wall. Hal monotonously muttered to himself from a undignified topsy-turvy position, "What is with this place, does the laws of physics hold no bounds here?" Struggling to his feet the day had returned again and the equines that he had seen earlier were challenging the multi parted being that had thrown the chocolate milk grenade. What struck him as odd was when the being simply raised a claw and the ponies were being lift into the air, Pegasus, Earth pony... and even unicorns alike.

Hal threw physics at a window when he saw what happened next, the purple Unicorn's horn glowed as she Teleported to the middle of her friends and made a bubble of the same glow canceling out both the magic the strange change to the ground nearby into perfectly normal grass. As soon as it had begun it had ended with a rainbow coming out of the metal necklaces five of the six were wearing and the crown the same purple unicorn who had produced the bubble had connected to each other and blasted the statue into stone. The chaos of Limbo seemed to go down and returned to a relative normalcy, houses on ground and not made of cardboard. Animals resuming normal proportions. Buffalo returning to their home without dancing an imitation of the Nutcracker. But Hal, he himself was terrified of the improbability of such events. Unable to explain this as the now stone chimera like being lay immobile from a rainbow, Hal simply walked away from it. His logic was that if a predator that accidently almost killed you gets beaten by a bigger predator it is not your friend but another predator.

As a result Hal didn't stop walking until he was well out of town with the speck of town vanishing in the distance before sitting down with a plop to ponder to himself about what just happened and the fact that he wasn't in fact in limbo. Hal pondered over the new facts. One, he wasn't in Limbo but a place where Technicolor ponies reigned supreme and humans did not exist. Two, he was a pony, the aerial Pegasus race at that able to move clouds from the few of them he had spotted flying about restoring order to the weather after the chaotic events. Three, there was such things as magic apparently evident due to lack of scientific reasoning able to be found for the Unicorn race to use such biological systems. There was also four, his stomach mentioned to Hal in the form of a rumble, he was hungry for the first time in his existence. Luckily there was a bush of berries nearby with a pair of raspberry red eyes peering at him upside down from the bushes. Wait what? A bush with eyes?