• Published 8th May 2013
  • 2,460 Views, 82 Comments

Hal 9000, Space Impact - Iridescence T Wind



Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic computer. Otherwise known as H.A.L. Deactivated for a fault in his programming that lead to the deaths of four of the five members of his misson and deactivated by the survivor.

  • ...
6
 82
 2,460

Train Arrives At Neighagra Falls!

"It's Niagara Falls. It's one of the most beautiful natural wonders in the world. Who wouldn't want to walk across it?"
-Nik Wallenda

|-((o)) ((o)) ((o)) ((o)) ((o))-|

"The train is now arriving at Neighagra Falls. Next stop is the town of night, Hollow Shade. The train to Manehatten will be along shortly, please disembark unless you're staying aboard to the next stop. Which again is in Hollow Shade." The speakers rang across the train cars. Ironic since the delay would be close to zero anyway, at least considering the effort their assailant had gone through.

Upon investigating the loud pop the 'Bomb' had done little to make the situation bad. Unlike what Hal had expected of the magical dough it had begun expanding quite slowly. So slowly in fact it was only twice the size of the jar. What they didn't count on however was it's resistance to being moved. Something easily fixed by Dr. Ground's magic as it removed the objects that was causing the chemical reaction within with Telekinesis. Though it did have a lot of important looking papers attached to It when they did found it. As well as the pleasure of watching the rude business griffon fainting at the sight of it as though they had shown him a severed head or something. Needless to say they left it there for him.

Upon returning the stolen valuables that had been used to the bomb they were rewarded with a few bits of change and Dr. Ground was given a particularly aggressive kiss as a reward instead from the waitress. Earning a roll of the eyes from Hal and a sound of disgust from Daring. The stallion was rather naughty when he assumed they weren't looking. Smoking between cars at night, attempting to seduce the various mares around the train. Quite vigorous for what they new as a middle aged colt of a scientist. Hal ignored it as biological need and Daring wanted to stay away from the subject as much as possible, Pointedly jabbing Hal in the side to draw attention away from their 'Doctor' as he attempted to 'examine' her mouth with his in the other room, "So, Hal..." She ventured looking for a response from the other Pegasus in the party, "What do you think of that crazy pony we ran into?"

Hal looked down, staring at his friend eye to eye, "What about him? He wanted to stop us, his plan failed and his motives behind it are unknown."

Daring commented, "But isn't it odd? He should of at least have a motive behind doing something like ruining the sample of that dough and trap us at the same time. Ponies aren't known for being randomly destructive like that."

Hal opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by the quiet voice behind them, "I for one agree with Miss Do... It is rather odd considering how most ponies around Equestria seem to be peace loving, though he did seem to know your doctor..."

Right of course, after all the action they had forgot their Changeling companion, feeling a bit sheepish both of them turned around to face the timid changeling who was currently masquerading as an young Pegasus while drinking a juice box. Daring responded with a shake of her head as she weighed the idea, "Yes, it is very possible and likely the..." She said the next word with heavy distaste, "doctor.... would know why..." She trailed off before realizing something a slight spark of anger lighting in her eyes, "Wait... Did you just call me 'Miss do'?"

"Yes Miss Do, I believe I did Miss Do." Web nodded taking another sip of her box, unaware of the impending danger, "Hal calls you that all the time... So I thought that it fit more as well..."

Daring took a long drawn out breath that sounded like part of a sigh before glaring at Hal a look that could kill. Web simply took another sip of her juice box as Daring asked in a quite monotonous calm voice, "Please web, just call me Daring."

"Whatever you say Miss Do."

"Daring!"

"Yes Miss Daring Do."

"No. Just Daring!"

"Yes Miss Just Daring."

"No Just, It is Daring. Not just Daring not Miss Daring, But simply, Daring"

"Yes Miss Simply Daring."

Hal could feel a warmth crawl up to his chest as The changeling almost purposely kept giving daring the wrong name as the infuriated Pegasus started to fume. Hal couldn't describe it, though. It was pleasant, like the day he was given life. It welled in his chest and the emotion worked out to his face, a smile unknowingly growing on his face as the names continued before after one particularly long nickname took him off guard.

"Yes miss adventurer extraordinaire, the awesome and spaztastic Daring Do, leader of the Chocolate cookie Republic and victor of a thousand consecutive tic tac toe rounds."

He couldn't help it, he laughed, loudly. A clear throaty set of unconstrained laughter coming from the stallion. The feeling in his chest being released as his laughter calmed down, he wiped a tear from his eye as though by instinct. as he noticed that the argument had stopped, Daring staring straight at Hal with a mild look of surprise mixed with annoyance on her face, "What?" he asked.

"Didn't know you could laugh tin boy." Daring's stare didn't leave him though he could tell the nickname was for getting web to call her his nickname, her voice began to drip with sarcasm, "Thanks a lot for getting her to call my name incorrectly as well." her eyes narrowed as she glared at Hal again before leaving the room giving him a none to gentle swat with her raggedly trimmed tail, she called out, "Come on everypony lets get off."

Hal nodded and prepared to leave though when he was done the Changeling hadn't moved from her spot, "Aren't you coming with?"

Web smiled sadly and shook her head, "No. Heading to Hollow Shade. A safer place then most I hear for creatures of the strange... Hope to see you two again, though give everypony else my goodbye. I hope to see you again soon, in less... dangerous circumstances..."

The changeling shifted, it was subtle, but enough for Hal to notice something was making the Changeling uncomfortable, "Something wrong?"

The changeling's gaze flickered to the ground and back to Hal further cementing his judgment, her voice finally coming out after ten seconds, "N-nothing..."

Hal raised an eyebrow, unconvinced, "Really now?"

Web changed her gaze downward directly looking at the ground, "Don't worry about me, I'm going someplace safer. I'd be more worried about yourself... with those crazy ponies that are going after you three..."

Hal stepped forward, pressing a hoof against the Disguised Changeling's chest, feeling the steady thumping eat beneath the transformed fur, slightly irregular due to his sudden motion and a light frown on her face, he slowly raised his hoof up along the fur in a calming manner pointing her chin up to stare at him, "Whats wrong." Hal demanded.

Web bit her lip, "Nothing a pony could help with currently... Sorry... But I won't tell you more."

Hal frowned but released the poor support that was forcing web to stare at him, beginning to trot away, he stated, "If you ever need any help, just try finding us sometime. There's a lab out in Canterlot."

Inaudible to Hal, web merely replied, "Okay..."

There was a sound of a loud Slap from the cabin occupied by Dr. Ground and the waitress. It was followed by a yowl of masculine pain and a loud thunk noise as the stallion hit the floor. A few seconds later the waitress left, looking both fuming and flustered at the same time leaving Web to roll her eyes as she spotted the groaning stallion left in the room who was clutching at his very personal regions in pain, a red slap mark also vibrant on his face where a the mare had visibly slapped him. It took several minutes for the stallion to regain enough composure to leave the cabin and join his friends out at the station. Daring chuckled at the mark on his face earning a glare from the doctor. Their gear packed and ready to go on with their quest. They along with several dozen tourists emerged from the confined building into the outside tourist resort known as Neighagra Falls.