• Published 2nd May 2013
  • 5,606 Views, 672 Comments

The Koprulu Sector - TheKopruluSectorUnion



It's not easy growing up in this sector of space. It's a place ran by fanatics, warlords and corporate empires of all sorts. The CMC are about to enter adulthood in one of the most violent eras of pony history.

  • ...
16
 672
 5,606

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 46: Hell Freezes Over

Rainbow Dash frantically made her way across town. She needed to see if that was really her sister inside the shuttle. She did make a slight detour at the hotel to grab Sweetie Belle’s duffle bag. Sweetie Belle’s group was the only one of the two that was able to get any weapons past security. If the hospital really was in trouble, Rainbow Dash would need to arm herself.

With the bag in tow, she reached the hospital only to find out that it was completely surrounded by Diamond Dogs. Fortunately the weather was still pretty bad, and none of them were able to see too far up above. She flew as high as she could without getting lost in the snow storm, and eventually landed on the hospital rooftop.

Rainbow Dash was pleased to find Tom had indeed set down above. There was a good chance that Jet Stream was piloting Tom if she took him to the hospital as planned. Even more fortunate was the fact they had loaded up Tom's cargo bay with quite a bit of firepower. She looked through the boxes and eventually found her reaper armor, pistols and a HFB she wasn’t familiar with.

Armed, armored and ready to go, Rainbow Dash made her way inside the hospital. She decided to bring the duffle bag as well. If she ran into Sweetie Belle, an armed ghost could be a valuable ally when the Diamond Dogs breached the hospital.


Sovereign and Apple Bloom were next to a pillar, still hiding out underground. The loud sounds of explosions and gun fire seemed to had come to a brief end, only to escalated louder than ever. The ground even shook a bit as the explosions commenced.

While Sovereign could sense Apple Bloom's fear, he didn’t need to be a psychic to see she was afraid. Her one good hoof was wrapped over one of his, shaking in terror. Sovereign himself was quite scared as well, even more than Apple Bloom was, but he couldn’t show it. He needed to be the “fearless stallion” for her right now, even though a part of him wanted to break down.

The noise outside suddenly came to an end. It’s moments like this he missed his horn. Were it not for his disfigurement, he would be able to keep track of everyone at once and at least know what was going on. Instead he was in the dark, which only made the sudden silence that much more disturbing. Even after spending the last few months outside the Khala, the solitude was still unsettling.

He tried reaching out for Sweetie Belle to see if she was alright, but wasn’t getting anything. There is a good chance she was already dead. He was certain he’d be joining her soon.

Do you think it’s over? asked Apple Bloom.

Sovereign’s mouth wasn’t feeling as numb as it was before, so he was once again able to speak. “No, I think they’re probably just breaking inside so they can kill us,” answered Sovereign. He quickly realized how terrible a response that was. “I mean, well… maybe the militia stopped them?” he corrected.

Despite her fear, Apple Bloom managed to chuckle. When you lie, you’re supposed to open with the lie, she explained. But thanks for at least trying to make me feel better.

“I’m sure Sweetie has the situation under control. We’ll be alright,” he assured.

Apple Bloom sighed. It’s ok Sovereign… I know when we’re beat. Sovereign tried to think of something to say to cheer her up, but he was drawing a blank.

I had a good run. I always wanted to get off of Mar Sara, she continued. My sister said the sector is a dangerous place and I’d get myself killed. I guess she was right. But you know what? I honestly don’t regret it. I’d rather have lived these last couple of months seeing the sector than spend my life on Mar Sara working a farm.

Sovereign pondered her reasoning. “I never really thought of it that way. Up until I got my horn cut off, I never really thought about seeing the rest of the sector. I would have been happy just spending my life in a comfortable palace, seeing the sector through the eyes of others, never wondering what life had to offer. It was kind of neat finally experiencing things for myself these last few months.”

Any regrets? asked Apple Bloom.

“Well I’ve been dehorned, drugged, abducted, raped, shot and had the crap beat out of me on live television. Strangely enough, no I don’t have any regrets,” answered Sovereign. “I got to meet some amazing ponies, see some places I never would have seen otherwise, have some good drinks, and even fall in love.”

If it makes you feel better, the live feed was cut off after the main event. No one saw you get your ass kicked, teased Apple Bloom.

“What do you know, the day's looking up already!” replied Sovereign.

The two of them shared a laugh. Despite the fact we’re facing impending death, I feel better all of a sudden, said Apple Bloom. I… I guess I’m ready die now, she said with a shrug. Sovereign could sense she genuinely dispelled all of the fear that had earlier overtaken her.

“Hey come on! Don’t talk like that,” said Sovereign. “I’m still here aren’t I? I’ll keep you safe,” he promised.

Holy crap! she replied.

“What?! What happened?!” asked Sovereign.

You just said a lie with a straight face! Apple Bloom chuckled at his attempt at bravado. It’s cute when you try, but you can’t play knight in shining armor. Not with those injuries anyway.

Sovereign sighed and made an unamused facial expression. “Do we have to keep bringing up Shining Armor? I get it, he knocked the crap out of me. Let’s just die forgetting that ever happened alright?”

Again Apple Bloom laughed even harder than before. She had to admit, he did know how to cheer her up. Even if it wasn’t intentional.

The injured ponies could now hear the sound of someone stepping down the stairs. I guess this is it, said Apple Bloom. She blushed for a moment as a thought crossed her mind.

“A kiss? Right now?” asked Sovereign.

Apple Bloom facehooved. She still hadn’t gotten the hang of controlling her thoughts while psychically linked. I guess I was hoping we could end life on a high note. she said with a shrug.

Sovereign was actually considering it. It’s not like he had anything to lose at the moment. Right before he did so, he felt who the presence was that was making its way down stairs. “Scootaloo?” he said out loud.

Your last thoughts are of Scootaloo? Won’t Sweetie Belle be surprised. commented Apple Bloom.

“That’s not what I mean. Look!” said Sovereign as he pointed towards the stairwell. Then she came turning the corner, HFB in hand. “Khala’s light are we glad to see you!” said the injured unicorn as he approached. Sovereign was pleased that Scootaloo was overjoyed to see them as well. She wore a smile from ear to ear under her breath mask, and Sovereign sensed much happy emotion emitting from her.

“Just glad I could find you before Sweetie Belle,” said Scootaloo. She pushed a button and her diamond saw began to spin.

Sovereign took notice of this, but before he could ask why or read her mind further, she plunged the knife into his side. His eyes widened in disbelief over the betrayal. He didn’t know this mare too well, but she seemed like a loyal enough of a friend. Scootaloo removed the blade now soaked in his blood and shoved the unicorn aside. Already weakened from his fight with Shining Armor, the unicorn simply collapsed.

“Sovereign!” shouted Apple Bloom through her wired jaw. “Scootaloo why?!”

“Do you really have to ask me that after you killed my dad?” asked Scootaloo.

Apple Bloom's blood turned to ice water after hearing those words. She knew what this was about. Was Scootaloo just waiting this whole time for the right moment? If so her timing was perfect; no one would suspect her. Apple Bloom tried futilely to get away, but it was hard to maneuver the wheelchair with just one hoof.

Scootaloo easily reached Apple Bloom and lifted her off the chair, squeezing the life from her neck with her robotic hands. She then took her blade and brought it up to her side. “I could have just shot you, but I want to take my time. After what you did, I can’t let you off with quick and painless,” said Scootaloo. Apple Bloom was immediately having flashbacks of the last reaper who had her in this position.

Apple Bloom slowly suffocated as the robotic hand squeezed tighter. She wanted desperately to beg Scootaloo to stop. Even with the hand on her throat and the wired jaw, she was still able to get a muffled plea out. “Scootaloo… I’m your friend. I’m like your sister. Please… don’t do this,” she said with tears in her eyes.”

“We were never like sisters!” screamed Scootaloo. “Sisters don’t murder each others parents!” Her own eyes began to tear up over that statement. Scootaloo wasn’t sure if she was refereeing to Apple Bloom's betrayal or her own. She slammed Apple Bloom on the concrete floor, then activated her blade. “Good bye Apple Bloom.”

Apple Bloom closed her eyes waiting for the first of what was sure to be many stabbings. Then she noticed the sound of the diamond saw had stopped. She opened her eyes to see that Scootaloo seemed frozen in place, her eyes still filled with tears, her body surrounded by a black mist. Maybe she is having second thoughts? hoped Apple Bloom.

“Sovereign, I’m warning you. Get out of my head! I’m going to kill her. If you don’t let go of me now, I’ll kill you too!” threatened Scootaloo.

You’ve already killed me Scoots, but you don’t have to kill her too. Why are you doing this? She’s your friend! argued Sovereign as he lay bleeding on the floor.

“She killed my father damn it! replied Scootaloo. Am I just supposed to ignore that?!

No, but you can forgive it, answered Sovereign. Why are you doing this now? You seemed like the best of friends from what I’ve seen. I don’t understand why you would want to kill someone who clearly means so much to you.

It’s what I’m supposed to do! It’s what I was bred to do! It’s all I can do. explained Scootaloo.

At this point Sovereign had dug into her recent surface thoughts hoping to find out what was causing this behavior.


Scootaloo paused at the door. She was terrified to even knock, much less enter. Scared as she was, she knew she owed the Belle’s an apology. Finally she knocked on the door and was greeted by Sweetie’s father. She could also hear crying coming from inside. “Scootaloo? What are you doing here? I thought you were in the hospital.”

“I just got released. May I come in?” she asked.

“Sure, come inside,” offered the stallion.

As Scootaloo entered the home, she could see Sweetie's mother sobbing on a couch. The mare looked up at Scootaloo and asked, “Scootaloo? What are you doing here?”

“I… I… I came to talk… to apologize actually,” answered Scootaloo.

“Apologize for what?” replied the mare.

“I… well… what do you know about Sweetie's death?” asked Scootaloo.

“Next to nothing so far,” replied the stallion. “They aren’t telling anything. Why? Do you know something?

“I… I do,” admitted Scootaloo. “I didn’t see it myself, but Apple Bloom explained what happened.”

“How then… how did my little girl die?!” asked the mare.

“She died a hero,” answered Scootaloo. “Apple Bloom was hanging on for her life inside of a walker. I tried getting her out but I couldn’t. The walker fell down a chasm and was taking me and Apple Bloom along with it. I was knocked unconscious when I hit my head, but from what Apple Bloom described, Sweetie Belle somehow levitated over the chasm, and used her magic to lift the walker. The attempt put great strain on her causing her to pass out. She fell to her death saving us. She was a good friend… you raised a very brave daughter.”

“I just don’t understand though… what were you three doing down there?!” shouted the mare.

“Honey… they're kids. Kids do dangerous stuff,” explained her husband. “Thank you for telling us Scootaloo.”

“Actually… it was my idea to go into the ruins. Sweetie didn’t want to go but I didn’t listen. She was worried about me, so her and Apple Bloom followed me into the ruins,” admitted Scootaloo.

Mr. Belle’s jaw dropped when he heard that. The stallion was speechless. Mrs. Belle however exploded into a fit of rage. “It was you! You did it! You killed her! You killed my little girl!”

“No! I didn’t kill her!” replied Scootaloo.

“What do you mean you didn’t kill her?! It was your fault you little bitch!” screamed Mrs. Belle.

“No! I mean… I… I…” was all Scootaloo could say.

“Shut up! Why did she have to die for you?! She didn’t deserve that! You should have been the one who died!” continued Mrs. Belle.

“Please… stop… I… j-just stop,” said Scootaloo as she covered her ears and began to shed tears. She thought she was ready, but nothing could have prepared her for the screams of a sorrowful mother.

“Honey please, I’m sure she didn’t mean to kill Sweetie,” said the husband.

“I didn’t kill her!” screamed Scootaloo.

“Yes you did! You never should have been friends with Sweetie. You should just kill yourself now! It’s was you deserve!” shouted Mrs. Belle.

“Shut up!” shouted Scootaloo. Something awoke in her at that moment causing anger and instinct take over Scootaloo’s actions. She picked up a metal letter opener that was on a desk and attempted to drive it into the screaming mothers face. Mr. Belle however was quick to shield his wife, taking the letter opener through the back of his neck and into his throat. The object wasn’t particularly sharp, but Scootaloo put enough force behind the attack to injure him.

Mrs. Belle froze in fear from what had just happened. Scootaloo then tackled her and began to pummel the mare. When Scootaloo was certain the mare wasn’t going anywhere, she dragged her into the kitchen by the mane. Scootaloo scanned the area and quickly found a real knife. “No… please no,” whimpered the mare.

Scootaloo would have none of it. At the moment, she was completely freed of any empathy. All she cared about was shutting this mare up so she could never shout at her again. Scootaloo gave it a good thrust and a slit. She watched with glee as the disrespectful mare gurgled and choked on her own blood.

A smiled crept onto Scootaloo’s face as she locked eyes with the dying mare's. She had never felt more alive than she did now as she ended this pathetic creature’s life. Why am I enjoying this so much?

Finally the mare's panting stopped, and she laid lifelessly on the ground. Scootaloo began to chuckle. She had no idea how long she sat there laughing before the militia came to take her away. She didn’t put up any resistance. She just laughed all the way to the resoc tanks.


Sovereign couldn’t believe what he had just seen. He was somewhat grateful Sweetie wasn’t here. She too would have wanted to see what was making Scootaloo act so irrational. He didn’t want to begin to imagine how she would react if she had seen that memory.

“I’m a murderer Sovereign. I’m an Iron Feather like the rest of them. This is what Iron Feathers do. Why fight it?” asked Scootaloo.

Jet Stream’s an Iron Feather too. She knew it from the beginning, but she didn’t just give up Scootaloo! argued Sovereign. She wanted to be different, she wanted to change. She’s the proof, you have a choice. You still have friends Scootaloo. Don’t throw it away!

Scootaloo paused to ponder those words. She did indeed enjoy murdering the Belle’s, as much as she hated to admit it. She may even enjoy murdering Apple Bloom. But is this really what she wanted to become?

“You’re right Sovereign, I can’t choose what I was born as, but I can choose who I become,” said Scootaloo. Sovereign gave a sigh of relief. He may bleed out on the floor, but at least he stopped Scootaloo from making a huge mistake. His relief quickly faded as a surge of psychotic rage emanated from the mare. “And I choose to be what I really am. An Iron Feather! A Reaper!”

Once again, Apple Bloom flinched as Scootaloo picked up the knife. Scootaloo didn’t make it far however as she began to lose her balance, eventually dropping her blade. “What are you doing?!” she shouted.

Sovereign didn’t answer. He wasn’t happy with himself for what he was about to do, but she had left him no choice. He forced all of Scootaloo’s happy memories as a cutie mark crusader to surface. Scootaloo seemed resilient to any form of memory alteration, but if he could get her to willingly accept it, he might just pull it off.

Scootaloo began to tear up again. She remembered all the memories she had created with her friends. The trouble they got into, the times they stood up for one another, the bonds of loyalty they shared. For just a fleeting moment, Scootaloo didn’t want to kill her friend. That was all Sovereign needed.

Sovereign had no idea how to create fake memories; that was the Dominion's area of expertise. Fortunately Scootaloo already had a fake memory in her subconscious that someone had recently displaced. He took hold of the day of the murder and buried her real memory with the fake one. The alteration took its toll on her and caused Scootaloo to pass out.

Only time would tell if she accepted the fake memory a second time. Sovereign didn't feel quite right over what he had been forced to do, but if Scootaloo accepted the fake memory a second time, she would be able to lead a happy life this way. She would never know the horrible thing she had done. Her secret would die alongside him.

The blood loss was finally too much to bear and Sovereign passed out shortly afterwards as well.

The crippled Apple Bloom laid helplessly on the floor. Scootaloo laid not too far off, but at she was breathing. Apple Bloom could only hope Sovereign had undone whatever it was that had come over her. Sovereign laid a good distance from her, his wound still pouring blood. He would surely die soon if the bleeding wasn’t stopped. Using her one good hoof, Apple Bloom dragged herself over to the unconscious stallion.

Once she was close enough, she wadded up her hospital gown and used it to hold back the blood. It wasn’t a permanent solution, but it would buy them sometime until either Scootaloo woke up, or someone else could come to assist. Then again, the next person to come down the stairs could be just as dangerous.


The Prophet noticed that the noise outside had come to an abrupt end, yet none of her very expensive Iron Feather units had reported back. She stepped towards the window to investigate on her own, certain she would have to execute a disobedient soldier or two for firing into the hospital. Instead she found nothing but frozen corpses and piles of scrap metal. Her precious Iron Feathers also laid dead on the ground as well.

Whoever did this would have to have quite a bit of fire power, not to mention training if they were able to take out all of her Iron Feathers. The Dominion should still be crippled in orbit, so that left only one potential culprit. “Twilight!” the Prophet growled. She only caught a glimpse of the shuttle that had shot her, but she was fairly certain that it had to have been Twilight's personal transport. Even with the losses however, the show must go on.

The Prophet reached into her robe hoping to produce a cellphone, only to find hers was smashed to pieces by the slug to the chest she had received. “Well it’s a good thing I was wearing my bullet proof cell phone, but now I can’t use it,” she said out loud.

The Prophet searched the rooms filled with dead ponies and eventually found a working phone. She dialed in the number 07700 900461 and eventually got a response. She heard the voice of Penny Pincher coming from the other side.

“This is a secure number. Whoever this is, your just signed your own death warrant,” said Penny Pincher. The Prophet cleared her throat loudly when he made the threat. “Oh! Madam Prophet! I’m surprised you’re calling… from an unsecured line…”

“Well it’s not my fault!” defended the Prophet. “That mean ol Twilight blew up my all my men and shot me through the chest! Anyway I’m going grab Mr. Grey Horn on my own. Make sure you have a drop ship waiting alright?”

“Of course Madam Prophet. A dropship is en-route to your location,” assured Penny Pincher.

With that out of the way, the Prophet continued searching the rooms on her own. Eventually she heard someone scream, “Sovereign! What happened?!”

The Prophet smiled widely at the shout and made her way in its direction.


Sweetie Belle had no clue what just happened. One moment she was searching the rooms, reaching out for Sovereign, the next sounds of explosions filled the outside. When she finally made it to a window to see what had happened, the diamond dogs were already dead.

“It’s a damn miracle!” she said to herself excitedly.

“Whoever that was, they saved my life,” said another voice. She turned around to find Rain Sight was behind her.

“Thank god you’re alive! What’s the word on the intruders?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Their leader is dead. A shuttle came out of nowhere and blasted her clean though the wall. I doubt there is even anything left of her to clean up. Afterwards that same shuttle went to town outside and did… that,” explained Rain Sight.

“So the Dominion has finally shown up?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“I don’t think so. I watched the shuttle as it destroyed the Diamond Dogs. It wasn’t like any Dominion shuttle I’d ever seen,” answered Rain Sight. “I'd say it was a custom model.”

“Sweetie, Rain, have you seen Scoots and Jet?” asked another voice.

The two mares turned around to see Rainbow Dash behind them. “Oh good you’re here. But shouldn’t Scoots and Jet be with you?” asked Rain Sight. “I thought the three of you were bringing Tom.”

“We were, but we got separated. They brought Tom over on their own. He’s on the rooftop,” answered Rainbow Dash. “By the way, I brought your equipment from the hotel.”

Rainbow Dash handed over the duffle bag to Sweetie Belle. “Thanks. Just give me a minute, I’ll be ready in a bit,” said Sweetie Belle as she went behind a wall to change.

“Well that takes care of finding Sweetie Belle. What about Apple Bloom and Sovereign? Not to mention my now missing sister and Scoots,” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Still no sign of them,” answered Rain Sight.

“Actually I just found them,” said Sweetie Belle who now had her goggles on. “They’re below us. I don’t know how, given his injuries, but Sovereign managed to get Apple Bloom into the underground parking light. They must have been taking shelter during the attack.”

“Good thing too considering their room got destroyed,” commented Rain Sight.

“Hey girls! Scoots is with them!” said Sweetie Belle excitedly.

“She is?! Good, maybe she knows where Jet is as well. Let’s move out,” ordered Rainbow Dash.

Sweetie Belle turned off her goggles and followed the two mares to the stairwell. Unfortunately the three of them were cut off by a rather large and imposing looking robot. The machine was on two sets of tracks, and had a shoulder mounted missile launcher on its right shoulder, along with a minigun on its left. Its left arm was a large cannon of sorts, and the right arm was a large claw. A voice came through the robots speaker. It was none other than Twilight Sparkle herself.

“Hi girls!” said the robot in a somewhat distorted voice. “This is Smartie Pants. My very own Special Multipurpose Assault Recon Tactical Incarceration Enforcer. She specializes in Pony Apprehension And Neutralization Transitory Situations. And look, she even comes with her own stun laser for when she wants to PRETEND she is going to take everyone prisoner! Who wants to play with her first?!”

The Rainbow Dash and Rain Sight slowly backed away. Sweetie still stood in front of the robot not quite sure how to respond. Finally she got out the words, “I really like her main… cannon?”

The cannon charged, but right before it fired, Sweetie teleported out of the way. Sweetie and Rainbow Dash each fired a burst at the robot, but its shield and armor were too strong.

Rain Sight ran to the duffle bag and began searching for a certain piece of equipment. Then she found it, a lock down round that would deliver a powerful EMP and shut down the machine. At least she hoped so.

The robot fired its minigun into the ceiling, causing pieces of rubble to fall down on top of Rainbow Dash. “That’s one! Is she still alive? Oh well, I didn’t need her anyway. Who's next?!” said Twilight.

Rain Sight tossed the lockdown round over to Sweetie Belle who attached it to her barrel and fired. The EMP it released managed to short out the shields, but its armor shielded its internal systems from the attack.

The robot could have just fired its missiles and killed the two remaining mares, but it had strict orders to bring Sweetie, Sovereign and Rain Sight back alive. Rain Sight ran over to Rainbow Dash while it was preoccupied with Sweetie. Sweetie levitated the bag towards her and took cover while desperately returning fire.

Rain Sight removed what debris she could from the Pegasus. “Rainbow get up!” she begged, but the mare was out cold. Rain Sight was really regretting dropping her precision gloves at the moment. She did however manage to unsheath the reapers HFB. She wasn’t certain it would be enough to cut into that armor, but she had to try something.

Rain Sight’s hoofs fumbled with the device until she finally activated the blade, but instead of the usual spinning, the blades edge started to glow red. This must be a new model, she thought to herself. She had no clue the blade was stolen from the Diamond Dogs when Scootaloo and Jet Stream were raiding the armory.

Blade in mouth, she charged the robot and thrust the blade into its back. The HFB, which was armed with a fusion blade instead of a diamond saw, easily sliced into the back. As Rain Sight ran the blade down its back, the red hot blade melted the armor slowly creating a small hole.

The robots right arm claw reached around and picked up Rain Sight. The helpless mare struggled to escape but to no avail. Electricity coursed through the claw, delivering a very painful shock which rendered the purple earth pony unconscious. Twilight’s voice came through the robots speakers once again. “Smartie no! You can’t do that to her, she’s carrying delicate cargo! She better be alright!”

The emotionless robot released its grip from the unconscious mare and looked over to Sweetie Belle. “Two down, one to go. Lay down your weapon and Smartie Pants will make it quick. The stun laser is mostly painless, I swear,” assured Twilight.

Sweetie stood her ground, rifle pointed at the robot. She wanted to attempt phasing a round through the armor, but that technique took much time to set up. It was used mostly for assassination and was impractical in the current situation. Fortunately Rain Sight had created the breach she needed.

A second lockdown round was once again attached to the barrel of her canister rifle. As the robot pointed its laser at her, Sweetie teleported behind it, giving her a clear view of the opening in the armor. She quickly fired the lockdown round which sent a surge into the robot's systems, shutting it down.

With the threat dealt with, Sweetie rushed to her friend’s side to see if they were alright. Both were unconscious, but should survive. She would just need help getting them to the roof. With Scootaloo and Jet Stream's help, she should be able to do it.

Sweetie made her way to the basement, picking up a first aid kit along the way. They might need it after they brought the injured on board since she had no idea what kind of medical supplies the shuttle had. She finally reached the basement level where she found a disturbing sight. Scootaloo was unconscious, and Sovereign laid bleeding on the concrete. Fortunately Apple Bloom was doing what she could to slow the bleeding.

“Sovereign! What happened?!” shouted Sweetie.

Scootaloo stabbed him. Something was wrong with her. I think she was under some sort of mind control, responded Apple Bloom.

Sweetie Belle used the first aid kit immediately to dress the injury. “Don’t die Sovereign. There is a ship on the roof waiting for all of us. We’re getting out of here. Just please don’t die yet!” begged Sweetie Belle fighting back her tears.

It took a few minutes, but she finally managed to stop the bleeding. Only time would tell if Sovereign was going to survive.

“And there he is!” shouted a voice coming from behind. Sweetie Belle turned around to see a pink mare had made her way down the stairs as well. “You have no idea what I’ve been through trying to get my hooves on that stallion. The things I do for the greater good. Just hand him over,” demanded the mare.

Sweetie wasn’t in a mood for diplomacy at the moment. She quickly opened fire on the mare. Each time she fired, the mare disappeared into a burst of red mist, then reappeared even closer. Eventually she disappeared altogether.

Sweetie tried something else. She began the words to the song she used against Twilight earlier. “Hush now, quite now, time to-”

Sweetie was cut off as the mare appeared behind her, picked her up and slammed her against the wall. Sweetie tried to focus on her in an attempt to destroy her mind, but mare once again closed distance and delivered a crushing hoof to her gut. Sweetie trembled in agony as blood began dripping from her mouth.

“Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?” said the Pink mare. “I didn’t mean to do that. Please continue.” Sweetie tried to focus on a spell, but the pain made her unable to concentrate her efforts. “Oh you were finished? Well then, allow me to retort.”

The Prophet walked up to Sovereign and examined him, eventually revealing the mark on his side that branded him as a Khalai. “A heretic I see. I know just how to deal with heretics.” She looked over towards Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom, both of them laid or sat helplessly on the ground. “Do you ladies read scripture? What am I saying? You’re Imperials, of course you don’t. I’m a Umojan you see, so I grew up reading it. There is a passage from scripture I have memorized for just this kind of situation.”

The pink mare once again turned towards Sovereign. Sweetie and Apple Bloom were terrified at what she might do to him. “The path of the righteous mare is beset on all sides by the pessimism of naysayers, and the rudeness of judgmental ponies. Blessed is she who in the name of love and tolerance shepherds the weak through the valley of sadness, for she is truly her sister’s keeper, and finder of lost fillies.” The mare bent down beside Sovereign, placed her hooves under him and lifted him over her head. “And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to hate on and corrupt my sisters! And you will know! Celestia is Lord! When I lay her vengeance upon thee!” The mare held Sovereign tight, and effortlessly pulled him apart, separating his upper and lower portions.

“Nooo!” screamed Sweetie Belle louder than she had ever screamed. Rage and violence filled the air as she lost control of her emotions. Unfortunately she was too injured to do anything, and this particular mare seemed resistant to any kind of mental intrusion. The combination of her scream and unleashed rage however seeped into the mind of Scootaloo who started to wake up.

Drenched in the blood of Sweetie’s lover, the pink mare laughed hysterically. Shortly afterwards, an explosion knocked out the parking lot gate, letting the cold air inside. A drop ship had touched down outside and was waiting to extract the Prophet. “Well I guess you can call this, ‘split second timing!” the mare continued to laugh at her own joke. She reached into her robe and revealed several shards of broken glass along with a single intact vial which she used to gather a sample of Sovereign's still dripping blood. With the blood secured, she quickly vanished into another burst of red mist.


The Prophet appeared outside in front of the drop ship. “Get that back to the Vengeance and make sure to keep it cold. Send another ship for me, I still have that dirty no good Dark Templar to take care of!”

The Diamond Dogs obeyed the orders and took the blood back to the Vengeance. The Prophet then teleported back into the parking lot to continue her search for that purple mare who had eluded her earlier.


Scootaloo awoke once again. Her mind felt strange as it was overcome with violent urges. She looked around and saw a grizzly sight. Sovereign laid ripped in half on the ground, Apple Bloom was still on the floor injured, Sweetie Belle was crying by a pillar, blood dripping down her chin. Someone had hurt her friends. Someone had to die, and right now Scootaloo didn’t care who.

She scanned the parking lot looking for someone to kill, someone to blame this on. An unfamiliar pink mare appear out of nowhere in a cloud of red mist. She stood over Sovereign, and was drenched in blood. Scootaloo felt certain it was Sovereign's blood.

Without thinking, Scootaloo tossed a G-4 cluster bomb at her hooves. The mare seemed to have been caught off guard as the bomb split into smaller bombs and exploded, showering the pink mare with shrapnel. The unarmored mare was now covered in her own blood, and riddled with several wounds, but was still standing. Scootaloo meant to put an end to that. She pulled out one of her pistols and unloaded everything she had into the pink mare.

Still recovering from the first attack, The Prophet was unable to respond as round after painful round punched into her torso. When the barrage finally stopped, her torso felt holier than the scripture she had just read. She looked up to see one of her own Iron Feather units flying towards her with a jet pack. Her vision didn’t last long as the defective Iron Feather drove an HFB into her eye socket, then spun the blade. The Prophet screamed in agony as she felt parts of her brain get turned to mush.

Scootaloo didn’t know why this mare was still breathing, but she planned to change that. She pulled out the blade and then made another large cut into her chest. Scootaloo reached for a C-4 charge and shoved it in. After delivering a steel fist to her face, Scootaloo grabbed the mare, used her jet pack to spin around rapidly, and then tossed the mare towards the hole in the wall. As the mare flew out the wall, Scootaloo detonated the bomb inside of her chest, sending her even further.

The Prophet laid in the snow covered in her own blood, her chest blasted open. She couldn’t believe what had just happened. I’m… dying? No! I… I can’t die… I won’t die… She looked up to see the defective Iron Feather was now floating above her like an angel of death. I won’t die…

Scootaloo used her other still loaded pistol and again unloaded all forty rounds into the pink mare, her victim screaming in pain the entire time. I won’t die… continued the Prophet.

Scootaloo could see this mare was just barely holding on. Her attacks were having an effect, if only somewhat. She needed to use a weapon that was sure to finish the job. Scootaloo reached for her most powerful explosive device, the D-8 charge. This bomb was rated for blowing up bunkers, tanks and starship hull plating. It was too dangerous to use inside the parking lot, as she risked bringing the hole building down on her and her friends. But out here there was nothing but the sky above. Scootaloo smiled as she activated the charge and casually dropped it.

The Prophets remaining good eye shrank to the size of a grain of sand as she saw the device slowly fall towards her. If she didn’t act soon, this would finally be her end. But beyond the bomb, beyond the vengeful angel above, beyond the thick white snow, she saw her salvation. A drop ship coming down. It was too far to be of assistance, since in about one second that bomb was going to explode and end her, but it was all she needed.

I… won’t… DIE! The Prophet could actually see the bomb detonate as a blossom of fire erupted mere inches from her face, but only for an instant. In another burst of red mist, her surroundings changed and she found herself onboard the drop ship. She was coughing blood profusely, she was bleeding everywhere, but she was alive. Her only thoughts were, I won’t die… I won’t die… I won’t die…

Author's Note:

I will bring up a moment from when Sweetie and Twilight first met. Remember Sovereigns words when Twilight was unconscious?

"Just kill her. It'll save us a lot of trouble down the line." Of course Sweetie decides not to because she wasn't ready to kill anyone yet. Even in this part of the story I don't think she has.

Given all that's happened, you think she regrets that decision? I'm pretty certain poor Sovereign does.

PreviousChapters Next