• Published 5th May 2013
  • 793 Views, 9 Comments

A Dreamers Dream - twilightsprkl8



How would you cope with your brother falling for your idol?

  • ...
9
 9
 793

Royalty Awaits

It is the night of the Royal ball and every pony is ecstatic to see there pony friends or maybe friends who weren't only friends. Feather Dust, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie were all at the spa chatting with just about every pony there.

"Oh, Twilight, You're going to look absolutely perfect for Lightnin! I can't wait to see you out on the dance floor with him." Applejack spoke in her normal country tone.

"It'll be perfect for you both, I heard from some pony that he's got some special plans for you. I'd be excited if I were you!" Rarity knew of plans that Twilight hadn't known of. Which actually made Twilight even happier. It seemed every pony was excited for Twilight. Which just kept making Twilight blush more and more.


Back at the boutique:

While Feather Dust was spending time with Twilight the other day, Lightning Moon walked around Ponyville to meet the pony folk and while doing so, he met a pegasus stallion named Draco, who were now hanging out with Lightning before the ball. Both stallions were sitting in there tuxedos in a big red beanbag and a big blue bean bag playing trashketball with Rarities scrap fabrics.

"I can't believe you, of all people are going to a royal ball with Princess Twilight!"

"What's that supposed to mean Draco?"

"I'm way more handsome than you! I should be going with her!"

"Dude calm yourself! I thought you like Rainbow Dash?"

"I do! But we're just friends." Draco had his head down as he grabbed a ball of rolled up fabric and kicked it across the room.

"Maybe they'll be selling balls at the royal 'ball' so you can buy a pair" At first Draco wasn't sure what he was talking about.

"Are you sure you're not going with Twilight to cover up?"

Lightning Moon grabbed a gem from behind him and threw it at Draco's forehead which cause an all out gem war between the two. Until Rarity came in.

"Boys! What in Celestia's name are you doing with my gems?" Lightning forgot about how much they meant to her and he dropped it on queue with Draco, directly after, Lightning took his hind foot and pushed it behind the bean bag and they bot stood to face the white and purple unicorn as she rolled her eyes.

"Come on, you dimwits!" The two followed Rarity until they got on the carriage with the six mares. including Rarity, It'd be seven. Lightning was awestruck by Twilight's look he couldn't wait to get the ball so he could just hold her close.

Interrupting Lightning's thoughts Draco leaned over and whispered in Lightning's ear " How about we each get three of the friends and I'll take your sister." Knowing what Draco meant, Lightning believed Draco was a dimwit. In order, to let Draco know his opinion he shoved his left elbow into Draco's side, which hurt his wing worse than his side.

Rainbow Dash was obviously amused by her own thoughts as she said "Aw look at the two having there own little bromance! Maybe we all like guys in this carriage." Rainbow Dash was proud of the silence she caused as she held her head higher than the rest. Both Twilight and Lightning had there heads down, gently laughing to themselves, until shortly before they arrived at the castle.


Everyone was enjoying themselves. Many ponies were drinking punch and chatting. Rarity was not to fond of her cousin at this point who was laughing and sharing a drink of fruit punch with a handsome stallion named Prince Blueblood. Rarity was furious she thought she was much prettier than that witch pony! She just wouldn't stand for it. She only knew of one way to be sure none of her friends trusted her. Rarity then snuck out of the ball room and roamed the castle.

Twilight and Lightning were standing by the food table mainly drinking there punch, but it was very hard for them to have any time to themselves with her being the newest princess. Ponies came and talked to her all night long. The only time they got any time together was when the band played a slow song. The stallions swung and picked there mare up to dance. However, Lightning had a different way of doing it. He held a hoof to Twilight and let her place her perfectly fitting hoof into his before he asked "May I have this dance?" Of course the answer was yes and the ponies stood on there hind quarters and slowly danced together with Twilight's head in Lightning's chest. She just loved the way Lightning smelt, the sound of his heart\,how his muscular arms fit around her, and how safe she felt when she was with him. It was like this is how they belonged-together It was almost like magic. "Twilight, There is something I've been wanting to tell for a while." Twilight adored the sound of his voice it was so gentle and caring. "What is it Lightning?" Twilight was speaking much quieter and relaxed than she had intended.

Lightning slightly pushed away, lifted a hoof and put it under Twilight's chin to lift her and when he got it how he wanted he looked her directly in the eye and told her how much she meant to him. "Twilight, you are the most amazing mare in all of Equestria. I knew I would meet you while I was here. I wanted to meet you so bad and now that I have, I never want to leave your side. Twilight Sparkle, I love you." Twilight was speechless. She was blushing more than what she knew she could. She knew she had to say it back but she couldn't get the words out she just stared into Lightning's eyes in a trance. Until she finally got her words out. "Lightning, I love you"


After there confessions of love to one another Fluttershy ran up to Twilight, fast as Rainbow Dash flew. "Twilight!" Fluttershy yelled louder than anyone thought she could. "Wha.. What is wrong.. Fluttershy?" Lightning had a smirk he couldn't hide, he never thought he could make Twilight speechless like this. "Rarity! She's missing!" Lightning and Twilight looked at each other in shock and then back to the small buttered pegasus whose blue eyes were wide and worried, almost teared up. "It will be okay Fluttershy, we'll find her. Tell the other four!" Twilight yelled back at Fluttershy as she and Lightningmoon ran to find Rarity.

The ponies searched everywhere they could possibly think of, closets, bedrooms, the salon, the garden. "

"Where could she be?"

"Twilight I don't know but the moon's almost down. Once it's down we can't be here any more. We have t find a way to search the area better."

"How can we do that?"

Lightning thought for a short while until he had an idea. Once he thought of it Twilight interrupted him. "Where could the others be?"

"That doesn't matter Twilight, you have to fly and search the surroundings, look at anywhere she could have gone!"

"I don't know how to fly very well!"

"No! You can't land! By the time you need to, Rainbow Dash should be out here. You can do it Twilight!"

Twilight trusted him and she flew up into the sky to scope the surroundings as Lightning looked in the castle. While Twilight was scoping she spotted a small shed type looking thing that was decorated pretty well. "Wait, decorated? Oh no!"

Twilight went to report her findings to Lightning as fast as she could but not being able to land she flew directly into him and crashed on top of him.

Comments ( 4 )

Okay, here's a quick synopsis of your description:

Rarities should be Rarity's. It's her cousins, as in possessive. It should not imply there is more than one Rarity.

Scrap that whole last part of the sentence. The wording makes it feel jumbled and confusing. Try this instead.
... And Rarity's cousins have decided to pay her a visit.
That keeps the logical flow of the sentence.

Featherdust is a rather long name for a pony. Why not break it in half into Feather Dust?

Lightningmoon is rather long as well. Plus, he has a Twilight fan club? I would dump that as it makes him sound rather stalker-ish. In addition, that comma in the sentence shouldn't exist. How about:
Lightning Moon has always been a fan of Twilight and has wanted to meet her for quite some time.

The ending sentence is confusing. Does Lightning or Feather meet Twilight? If Lightning does and grows to like her, wouldn't he fantasize about that if he's a fan of her?

Just touching on a few things. Will begin reading now.

MMMOOORRRREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:raritydespair::flutterrage::raritycry::rainbowwild:

Login or register to comment