• Published 2nd May 2013
  • 1,025 Views, 17 Comments

The Howlers' Delight - Night Striker



When Garret and his squad-mates Sam and Jake get teleported to Equestria, anything can happen.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,025

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Garret

So, here we were, going through my memories, when we came across the day when that poor brony got chewed out. The girls seemed shocked at the fact that someone could be so mean. But I was shocked at how the brony said “Sweet Celestia” instead of “Sweet Jesus”.

“Right! I thought all of this seemed familiar!” I exclaimed. “This is that My Little Pony TV show...”

“TV?” Luna asked.

“Never mind,” I said.

We finished the set of dreams with the two mares bawling some more. I grabbed my things and turned into my alicorn form before racing outside and meeting up with my men. We all met up in the courtyard and formed the greatest idea ever.

Sam

“What do you need me for?” I asked Odigirex.

“To discover where we came from,” he replied.

I thought about that for a second. How could they have known that I was a scientist? “Why did you choose me?” I asked.

“The others attacked us. They were the warriors. They would not listen to us, they would only slaughter us. You were the peaceful one.”

So they didn’t know that I was a scientist, they just wanted someone that wouldn’t kill them. It looked like these monsters were more like humans than I had previously thought. “So all you wanted to do this whole time was to discover where you came from? I understand that you thought that us and the ponies were a threat, but did you try to communicate first?”

“We did. They screamed and attacked us.”

“Okay. Sorry that we killed some of your people. I wish we had known what your intentions were earlier.”

“Killed?” Odigirex said. “No, they simply regenerate once they are killed. We cannot be wiped from existence so easily.”

Immortal. Well, that’s a sort of scary thought.

Fast Skies

“Where dost thou think he hath gone?” Luna asked me as we walked down into the courtyard.

“Probably the gardens,” I said as we turned to walk into the massive gardens.

When we walked in, some music about shuffling could be hard and out ran the soldiers into the gardens doing something with their feet that looked like they were sliding across the floor. About a minute later, they all broke down laughing.

I looked around to find Garret and realized he wasn’t there. Suddenly, one of the soldiers caught my look and pointed to a tower. I looked up and saw him hanging from the edge of the tower with his wings tied together. Suddenly, one of the soldiers next to me shot the rope dangling him from the edge. The rope broke off and he plummeted down straight down.

Suddenly, two pegasi formed up on his right and left. Then the soldiers that could turn into pegasi turned into their pony forms and joined onto his wingpony. One of the soldiers started up that strange box and said it was something like “Till I Collapse” by some Eminem pony. Once the music started they line of ponies turned to us and began doing... An airshow?

Garret

1 hour earlier

“This is the plan,” I said, looking around me at all the pegasi soldiers. “When they walk in, all but two of you will do a shuffle, and then we pull off some good ‘ol flyboy Blue Angel stunts! Now, who’s in?” I asked. All of the soldiers raised their hands. I smiled and handed out the routine and we began to practice.

Fast Skies

“This is just amazing! I can’t believe they haven’t crashed yet! They are practically clipping each other’s wings off..” I said to myself as I watched the pegasi pulling stunts never done before.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. Garret stood there with two others and they motioned me to follow the airshow above Canterlot.

They all pressed small button on their back leg pouches and red smoke begun to pour out. I looked up to see the colors in red, white, and blue also covering the sky in smoke form.

Garret pushed a small button on his helmet and said, “Treehouse 0-1 this is Echo 2-3. Time to end the show?”

He just nodded and took off with the other two pegasi. The did a loop and flew through it causing a square and stripes. I realized what they were doing: they were making the flag on their patch. After they finished they all landed to the cheering of ponies and walked away back into the castle.

Somewhere in Iran

“What do you mean, ‘we lost Delta’?! Go find them! I want a Black Hawk up, now!” screamed the CO as we ran around base and into our bird.

Suddenly we were lifted up in a red and orange glare. We shook around until we were over a mountain in blue smoke

“Sir,” one of my soldiers said. “You may want to see this.”

I looked over the edge and saw... Ponies? And when I looked up, I saw an American flag. I turned around to look in the cabin as a pony with a horn and wings landed in a uniform. A Delta uniform.

“Son of a bitch... Garret?” I asked as I looked at him, wide-eyed.

He suddenly changed back into himself and smacked me on my back. “Welcome to Equestria, mate,” he said. “The planet where ponies rule and there ain’t no way to get back to Earth. Follow me into the castle where I may be a... Uh, guest.”

And with that he changed back into a pony and jumped out. The pilot just looked at me.

“What are you waiting for? Follow him!”

Garret

Five minutes earlier

“Garret!”

I turned to see Celestia running in. I looked up from my food with my soldiers. “First of all, wonderful show. Second, there are large magic fluctuations... The same kind that brought you here.”

I looked, wide-eyed, at my soldiers. They all had the same expression and we took to the air in which ponies were gathering around a bright light. We immediately started to see a large space just as it became extremely bright.

Suddenly, a Blackhawk flew out of our flag. My jaw just dropped as I noticed the Second Platoon symbol on the side. So, I decided to pay a little visit to the CO. As I landed I could just see his eyes shoot open at my pony form.

I changed back into my human form and clasped him on the back. “Welcome to Equestria, mate,” I said, acting like my crazy self. “The planet where ponies rule and there ain’t no way to get back to Earth. Follow me into the castle where I may be a... Uh, guest.” I said and jumped back out to find a landing spot. I noticed Royal Guards swarming up. I just waved them off and flew through them with the helo following.

Fast Skies

I looked up to see a large, black, wingless bird fly out of the blue smoke. Garret disappeared inside the machine. Guards began to swarm out of the castle and into the air, while others charged up spells to attack it. Suddenly, garret flew out of the machine and waved to it. It slowly began to make its way behind him and they flew down in a steady arc into the courtyard. I saw the soldiers began to clear the area and the troops showed up. They formed the same formation they did when I first walked out and saluted the black bird as it landed.

The sides opened and out stepped more humans in the same uniform as Garret but with different patches on the arms. They had the same flag on the sleeve and they carried gear different from Garret’s. I think this is because they aren’t of the same elite level as him, but who knows?

Garret came around from the back and made weird hand signals. The circular object on the top slowed down and revealed four long rectangular pieces of metal. Two more humans climbed out carrying strange objects on their heads.

“They must be the ones who fly that,” I thought as they stepped out. They quickly took off their helmets. One of them had hair longer than Garret and his soldiers. They walked over and stood in line with the others and began to talk with the others. That was until Celestia walked in.

“What is that thing?” she asked, looking around. Her eyes settled on the pilots besides Garret.

Garret

So, here we were, just re-united with second squad and freaking Celestia comes in and just stares at me. And this wasn’t just your average, everyday stare, this was one of those creepy “I will kill you in your sleep and feast on your lungs” stare.

I gulped and looked around me. “This would be second squad, ma’am,” I said. I turned around to look at all the soldiers.

“Atten-tion!” I yelled. They all stepped into line and the second squad leader stepped forward to stand next to me.

I turned back around. “This is their leader, Markus,” I said. He immediately bowed.

I turned to him. “Oh, Lord, please tell me you're not a bloody brony,” I said as I turned to him again.

He just smiled at me. “And if I am?” he asked slowly.

“Welcome to heaven.”

All the soldiers shared a laugh. The ponies looked confused, and Sky looked... Like Sky.

“Anyhow,” I said when I turned back to Celestia, “This big black thing you see is another one of our contraptions. It’s called a UH-60, but it’s better known for its nickname, ‘Blackhawk’,” I said as I faced the ponies yet again.

Celestia just stared at the beast with wide eyes. “What is this for?” she asked slowly.

“Well...” I said, pausing to figure out how to word this. “You remember that flying machine we arrived in?”

They all nodded. “Well, this thing is a small flying machine. One meant to carry a small squad of five to ten men, or, um, ponies.”

They all gasped at how such a small object could carry so many.

“But why do you use it?” Celestia asked.

“Well... It’s kinda sorta used by the military... A.k.a., what our nation uses to defend itself,” I said as she opened her mouth.

I guessed the question. “Yes, I know my group is small. You saw one die already, and those seven over there saw us burying the dead bodies from when our plane crashed.”

I turned back to Markus. “By the way, I forgot paperwork, and since you’re the second highest here now, have fun filling out the letter. Here’s the dog tags.” I tossed the bag to him and his eyes went wide.

Celestia asked yet another question. “Why do you wear items meant for dogs?”

This sent the soldiers into hysterics. “Celestia, these aren't meant for dogs. they’re identification tags in case we are killed and have no reasonable way of identifying us. They list our blood type, religion, and soldier number,” I said.

She looked wide-eyed at us. I sighed.

I looked to the pilots and made a small circle a few times with my fingers. They sighed and ran back into the Blackhawk and the rotors started up, kicking up dust.

“All right,” I said. “Who wants a ride in the giant black flying machine?” Yet again the soldiers burst out into hysterics as Jake, the ponies, and I climbed in. They watched how we strapped ourselves in and attempted the same thing. We laughed and secured them into the harnesses awkwardly. The ones with wings we didn’t bother to help because they could fly. We did warn them about the spinning blades and how they could kill them.

Sam

“Okay, I guess that I can help you... But I’ll need some information about this world to work with,” I said to Odigirex.

“Oh, we’ll help you get that,” Odigirex chuckled.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the delay with Chapter 7, we ran into a serious case of Writer's Block (and procrastination). But, we're back to writing now! Expect the plot to take a more action-oriented turn now.