• Published 2nd May 2013
  • 1,022 Views, 17 Comments

The Howlers' Delight - Night Striker



When Garret and his squad-mates Sam and Jake get teleported to Equestria, anything can happen.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,022

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Somewhere in Ponyville

“Can you believe those murders, Lightning Tail?” said somepony from a distance. Everything was a shade of gray. Suddenly, an ear-splitting screech came from right next to me. When I turned, I could see a shadow. It slowly moved forward...

Wait. What? Shadows don’t mo- Oh, no!

“Run!” I wanted yell, but I couldn’t. Something was preventing me from speaking. Suddenly I moved forward, rushing quickly. I saw two black claws stick out of my hand and cut the back of the two ponies in half. He screamed in pain, and then suddenly went silent.

Garret

I woke up from my dream, sweating and gasping for breath. There was a loud banging at the door to my room.

“Who is it?” I asked, already guessing who it was.

“It’s me, Fast Skies,” said the voice.

I sighed and said, “Come back with Jake. I need to talk to him.”

I heard a faint “Okay” and the tapping of hooves on the ground as Sky was walking away.

I sighed into my pillow and got up to fetch my weapons. I heard more knocking at the door.

“The damn thing is open!” I yelled at I picked up my ammo. In walked Jake.

“Jacob,” I said without turning. “I had the creepiest goddamn dream in the world.” I finally turned around, noticing that Sky was there, too. “Sky, you may not want to hear this.” I said looking at her. “This belongs on creepypasta.”

Jacob’s jaw just dropped. “That must be freaky, man,” he said, looking at me. So when Sky insisted on staying, I began to tell them the tale of my dream from hell.

Sam

I woke up in the passenger seat of the Humvee. I had been flying in there for hours, and eventually dozed off with nothing to do. The original panic and fear had slowly receded into a passive but ever-present anxiety about the future.

I sat up and thought about my predicament. “Well,” I thought. “They wouldn’t want to kill me, since they would have already. There’s no point in flying me for hours just to kill me later. They must want something from me. What could I give them? Well, let’s see why they didn’t take anyone else... I was the only non-military human there, so they might want to take me hostage or use some information from me. That is assuming that they are intelligent and can communicate, however...”

Suddenly, I felt the Humvee land. The door was ripped off of its hinges by a shadowy, wolf-like humanoid.

“Well,” I said. “This is going to be interesting.”

Garret

“...and then I told these two about it, and they suggested we come to you,” I said as we stood in front of Celestia’s throne. Next to her was another alicorn who I guessed could only be Princess Luna. They both seemed very interested in my story. What I was interested in was how the hell I looked like Luna. I’m pretty sure she was wondering the same thing.

Celestia took the three of us out of the room, leaving Luna in charge. As we walked down the hallways, she explained how the guards have seen a few of these creatures and nicknamed them the “Howlers” for the noise they make before and during their attacks. She also explained how she searched the entire library and found no mentioning of the creatures we found... But she did find a spell that would allow us to duplicate items, which would come in handy for our ammo reserves.

We continued to walk into the gardens where we sat down. Our men showed up a few minutes later with the help of some guards that i high hoofed as they walked out. Celestia turned her head as if asking “Why?” and I chuckled. Then we all turned back into humans and began to clean and polish our guns when there was a small gasp behind us. We all turned around to see a pair of blue eyes looking at us.

Luna

“I do hope Tia won’t be mad that I followed them to find out why he looks like me and why he is an alicorn that I’ve never heard of,” I thought as I walked down the hall behind them, listening on everything they were talking about.

“So, these ponies found the Howlers in the Everfree?” I thought as we rounded another turn and walked into the gardens. I teleported and hid in a bush in time to see the new ponies joined by some more. I didn’t recognize any of them but the alicorn high hoofed two guards who smiled and waved as they ran out. I almost couldn’t hold in the laughter when I saw Tia, confused as ever. Suddenly, the new ponies all changed form into some unknown creature. I couldn’t help but gasp and I quickly regretted it as I noticed three of them stand up, holding small L-shaped objects.

Garret

I looked behind us at the blue eyes and stood up along with Jake and the Bagel Man. We pulled out our M9’s and slowly crept up on the bush. We heard a little squeak as we circled around it.

“Okay, come out now,” I said slowly as we circled the bush. I pulled back my empty clip to make it think the gun was loaded. The other two did the same.

“Come out or we’re coming in on three,” I said even more slowly. “One... Two...” I looked at the two and they nodded at me. I looked back at my men and saw them trying to hold in laughter.

“Two and a half...” I said again and my men burst into a laughing fit.

“THREE!” I shouted and dove into the bush, followed by the other two. We landed on something soft and midnight blue.

Wait.

“Oh, shit.” I said as I jumped out of the bush.

Luna

I could hear the creature’s friends laughing as they circled the bush I was in, slowly saying things I couldn’t make out due to the sound of laughter.

Suddenly, the creature roared “Three!” and jumped on top of me, followed by two others. It looked down and said a simple “Oh, shit” and backed up.

“Thou had better flee!” I shouted, only to hear more laughter as I walked out of the bush. I turned to Tia and gave an innocent smile.

“Luna,” she said in a very - and I mean very - angry voice. “Why did you follow us here?” she asked slowly.

I opened my mouth to deny I was following them when she interrupted me.

“And don’t you dare say you didn’t, because we could hear you all the way here.”

“Drat!” I thought. They had heard me!

“Uhh...” I said slowly in a very squeaky voice. “I wanted to know why a new alicorn was here, and why he looks like me.” I looked at the creature that had transformed from an alicorn that was clinging to a larger version of the L-shape that it had been holding.

Garret

So after we told Luna everything that had happened up to this point, she still had questions. We would have been there all day if it wasn’t for that guard breaking into our conversation.

“Your Majesties!” he yelled as he ran in, sweat pouring from his face. “Your Majesties, two ponies have been murdered in Ponyville by the Howlers!” he said quickly. Then everyone looked at me.

“What?” I asked I then realised why they were looking at me. “No-ho-ho-ho way,” I said, looking at them. “We came all the way out here... Just to go back... In less than 12 hours?” I facepalmed when they all nodded yes. “Oh, alright... I swear to God, though, if any of you die I will revive you and kill you again.” And with that I walked out. I heard a clicking noise behind me but I took no notice as I continued to my room.

I walked in and picked up my iPod and headphones. I put them on my head and turned on “Daft Punk: Harder Better Faster Stronger”. I just layed down on my bed and bobbed my head up and down to music,

Fast Skies

I was leading Luna to Garret’s room so she could ask him some questions about Earth. But when we got there, the door was still open. As we walked in, we could see Garret on the bed with some strange device over his ears.

Luna immediately ripped it from his ears causing him to shoot up with a good ‘ol joyful “What the hell?!” He turned and looked at the two of us. “Give me back my goddamn headphones or so help me, God, I’ll beat you to death with your own skull.”

I just stared at him blankly.

“Is that even possible?” Luna asked from beside me, levitating his “headphones” back over to him.

He made a smirk. “I don’t know, but I’m about ready to find out.” Luna backed up a bit when he said this. “Now, what was so important that you had to interrupt my rest?”

I looked at him blankly. “Well, first of all, what is that? And what does it do?” I asked.

He looked at me and sighed. “Come here.”

I walked over to him and he put the headphones over my ears.

He then pointed to a little box at the end of a wire. “This holds music by turning into binary code.” He said and then he pointed at the headphones. “And the code is made back into sounds inside these headphones using speakers.” He then pressed a button on the glass of the small box and music began to pour into my ears. Once the song ended he took the headphones off me and put them back down. “Now, next question?”

Sam

I was hauled out of the Humvee by one of the wolf-like creatures. The claws dug into my skin, and, needless to say, it hurt. They had to be at least three inches long. That doesn’t seem long until you measure it in comparison to your fingernails. Then you’ve got some monstrosities.

The creatures were about six and a half feet tall, so they towered over me. Their fur was gray and darkened further by the shadows that seemed to make up their body. Their eyes were soul-sucking black, with nothing else in them. All in all, they were the things of nightmares.

“What are you?” I asked them.

Out of the five that were in front of me, the one in the middle spoke first, in a hissy and gravelly voice. “We are the Lykosumbra,” he said

“What is your name?”
“I am Odigirex.”

“Why are you here, in Equestria?”

“We do not know. We cannot remember before two days ago.”

I thought, “That’s when we first arrived. Wow, they managed to assemble themselves quickly.”

To them, I asked, “Why have you been killing ponies?”

“They threatened us,” Odigirex replied.

“Threatened you? How?”

“They were in our territory.”

“Why do you need me?”

He stared at me with his black eyes. “To discover where we came from.”

Garret

“How I regret asking if they have more questions...” I thought to myself as I explained about the lunar landings to Luna. To say she was enthusiastic would be an understatement. She asked question after question. I was asked so many different topics that I can’t even remember them all. There were some about technology. Some about the army (most questions of which I answered “Classified”) and some about binary code.

After the lovely Q&A, Luna decided it was about time to find out why the hell I was an alicorn, which involved a very unwanted trip through my memories with the two girls. We went through my memories one at a time. The one about 9/11 seemed most painful to them as they burst out into tears. We continued on into my boot camp. That’s when I got the biggest shock of my life...

Author's Note:

Pronunciation Guide:
Lykosumbra: li-kohs-uhm-brah
Odigirex: oh-dij-ee-recks