• Published 2nd May 2013
  • 8,204 Views, 235 Comments

Don't Call me Cute! - Viking Hoof



Scribble is a young, smart, and (as much as she might hate the word) cute filly, but she has a lot on her plate at the moment. She's beginning to become a young mare rather than the young filly she was before, her mother is entering into a very

  • ...
26
 235
 8,204

Scribble8:Good News Everypony!

Me and Twilight left the hospital after they performed what was basically a Pegasus oriented check up. The very first place we went to was a pay phone. I couldn't use the payphone, but Twilight offered to read my messages to mom. After mom had answered and Twilight had explained what was going on I raised my first card.

"Mom, I love you." That was the first card. It was the most important, but the second one was important too. "But how in the name of Fantasi did you pay for this?" Twilight blinked in confusion as she read the second card. Realizing that I had written my thoughts on paper without filter, I tried to do immediate damage control. I wrote furiously, and produced a third card. "Twilight, that's just something silly I say." Twilight read out loud, probably unintentionally.

I facehooved.

Twilight grinned sheepishly and turned away to talk with mom in private. She sounded upbeat, and there was a definite mention of pizza. Mention of pizza... OH MY GOSH PIZZA!

I love pineapple and haybacon thin crust pizza! If they had a Mama J's in Ponyville, then it would come with a free special seasoning packet! Those things rocked! We could get Big Ride soda, or maybe Sierra Mane? Cloudsdale had the best sodas, but Manehatten... that was my one fond memory of Manehatten... out of everything terrible that happened there I could still remember me and mom grabbing pizzas after seeing my tutor.

Twilight turned away from the phone. "Well now Scribble, what should we do before heading back ? We've got a couple hours to kill." A couple hours? That's odd, why would Twilight leave such a gap in her schedule? I could see one hour, but... then I realize that we just came from a potentially heartbreaking doctor visit. Two hours suddenly makes much more sense.

Twilight looks like she's about to ask again, but I put a hoof to my chin to confirm I was thinking about it. Despite being the cultural center of Pegasi, there wasn't much I wanted to do. After all I couldn't... couldn't...

I-I was going to be able to fly! It didn't seem real till that moment, but I'd be able to fly! Me, in the air, without falling to death or injury! Real FLYING!

Two hooves wrap around my barrel. I guess Twilight had noticed my sudden realization. Her hooves helped the realness, anchoring me. She was warm.

I hugged her back, enjoying the feeling of warm coat against my cloud chilled hooves. This was real all of this was real. My mother was dating the most powerful mortal mare on the face of the planet. I was going to be able to fly. I was going to have friends real friends! Moving to Ponyville had changed so much, of everything! I-I... I wrote a card out furiously with one hoof. This drew a confused smile from Twilight, but she said nothing as I write the most perfectly crafted letter in my entire life. It was four words, fifteen letters total, and a period. What I was writing had the potential to change my entire life.

I tucked it into my mouth, emphasing my oft useless, but now dispenseless small size and, blegh, cuteness. Twilight read the letter once, and then twice. Then she smiled.

"Scribble, we're already engaged. Your mother said yes two months ago, but asked me to ask her again after a year. She was worried about what you'd think of me , and what your health issues might do to our relationship." I-I-I... "I'm confident, that with these developements, your mother and me will be moving that date to sooner, much sooner."

I fainted.

Author's Note:

I just couldn't make a image for this. I'm not good enough of an artist to draw what my words have. I've realized that Scribble's life is... my fantasy. I want to be her so bad, she's living the my life I've been dreaming of. Her muteness, caring mother, being mature(in her own way), and growing up, it's all wish fulfillment for me.

My family life isn't perfect, they don't beat me, but they scream and fight daily, with each other or me. I say stupid things so often, that being voiceless is something I wish for. Having friends, having crushes on others. I don't know why, but I've never had a crush on a girl or boy. I've realized that in my heart it wouldn't matter who it was, but even so my heart just doesn't feel that for others in that way. Every romance story I read hurts because I can feel that, and feel this big empty hole in my life. F4D3's the closest I've ever come to being in a relationship, but we've never met. I'm not even sure he is who he says he is.

I feel like a jerk for putting this in the author's comment of this chapter, but I have to tell now before I chicken out and bottle this all up.

I'm 17, but I'm jealous of a mute fatherless filly. I feel kind of pathetic.

Comments ( 35 )

Eh, regardless of your problems you still have plenty of people in the world who think that you are pretty cool. Though you're posting minichapters again. But despite the minichapter you are still good for who ever you are good sir/madam!

4014005 this isn't a sub chapter, it's just a short chapter.

I'm thinking of ending the story here and continuing with a sequel.

4014075
If that is the case, then this stops becoming a chapter and becomes an epilouge\stinger. Those can be short. But I'm watching you:derpyderp2:
..
...
No really, I actually am:scootangel:
.
..
....................
:facehoof:

4014094 want to know why I'd end this here?

4014101
This is actually a pretty good ending point. There are no major story arcs running. Something happy just happened. And there is a perfectly good plot set up for a sequel. It would also allow you to better prepare for the next fic if you do end it here.
.
..
...
Eight is also an even number:pinkiecrazy:

4014170
...................................................................

4014122 that just about covers it. The next arc is going to have two arcs going through it problem wise. This story started one of them, and it Will be ended next story. For the most part if I did continue in a sequel, then it would be about Scribble adjusting to Ponyville life.

4014170 hello? Are you the downvote? If yes, could you please say why?

I feel your pain at the lack of romance in your personal life, as it's something I've dealt with for a scary amount of time. All I can say is hang in there. One way or another, things will get tolerable, if not better. :unsuresweetie:

4014005
Based on the author's name, I would have to say Madam, but that's still just a guess. :derpytongue2:

4016106 hey, im about to publish the sequel.

I feel sorry for you, but I think this story is good for you. You now you can send me a PM if you want to and I loved the chapter! It was lovely with the cutest ending I've ever seen!:heart:

4016612 THE STORY IS OVER, LONG LIVE THE SEQUEL! The sequel that starts less than an hour after this one.

4016671
What are you going to call it? Thought about that yet?

4017247 that's was actually the easiest part!

Cute ending haha.

Vinkinga. I remember the original version of this story, the one you erased to start this version. I loved that one for one huge reason. It had vampires. You need to add the vampness back!

4030488 hmm....
I might include more of Scribble's drawn pals in the sequel.

"Please Marry My Mother"
:fluttershysad:
:fluttercry:
:fluttershbad:
Good god why are my eyes leaking! STOP THAT! THEY ARENT STOPPING!!!!!!

All in all, this was a VERY heartwarming little story. I friggin loved it.
I cant wait to start on the sequel~
:yay:

4037731 alternate universe tag is present.

4037798 That's 19 letters~

4345917
Mom, Mother, same meaning.~

Awww, sweat heart, you don't need to bottle up your feelings, just let somepony know about how you feel like a therapist or even your mother. If you keep your feelings hidden nopony will know what to do to help you.:heart::heart::heart:

It was four words, fifteen letters total, and a period.

'Will you marry mom.' Is what I got though I'm unsure due to it being a period, only took me 2 tries before I thought of this. If it's not it I imagine it's something similar due to what Twilight said after.

Viking hoof don't be sad I'll be your friend. And if you ever need to get something of your chest feel free to PM me about it, I might not always know how to, but I will try to help.fimfiction-static.net/images/story_images/20137.png?1334041733 ih0.redbubble.net/image.11972037.6652/sticker,375x360.u2.png
I hope these help a little.

5131182 the first picture has an oddly colored flutter head.

4689183 maybe" you should marry mom."?

Good News Everypony!

Ha!

But why did it need to be gay? It's wrong, and what about the 13 year old. I'm sure they don't need to be exposed to that now. Just saying.

6097648 "It's wrong, and what about that 13 year old." Isn't a cohesive thought. A sentence is a cohesive idea, not a jumble of words between punctuation marks.

Also, are you saying homosexuality is wrong? Are you saying we should pretend that some people being attracted to their same gender isn't a thing to our children? Are you saying that a 13 year old can't know what attraction is? Are you saying that adults that shouldn't reasonably expect a child to be listening can't lose themselves in mutual consensual passion?

Why did you delete the sequel? i just read it on fimfetch and it was a good story.

This fic is...well...cute! If only there was a sequel...

really good

Login or register to comment