• Published 8th May 2013
  • 296 Views, 5 Comments

Starship Equestria - luna264



The starship Equestria is on a mission: Find the Harmony crystals! But with them spread out all over the Realm, who knows how long it will take?

  • ...
7
 5
 296

Kindness has its own way

"So, after Rachel knocked one out with a wrench, they all left, leaving us with with little purple and green dude." Amy didn't like giving status reports. She was horrible at it, and every mission control manager person she had ever served under had always sighed when she got selected to give them, which she nearly always did because of her rotten luck.

"And is there and way this person may be a threat to security?" Rain asked, leaving her with this horrible, gut wrenching feeling that her head of department just wanted to see if Ensign Amy Motomani was still up for her job in the navigation department. "Well, he could be a highly trained spy kid with some sort of communication device, or a suicide bomber that could explode the ship any minute, or he could be a midget intending on highjacking the ship to some undisclosed location, or maybe even to a disclosed one. He might want to slowly pick off our crew one by one using a colorless, odorless potion that only he can brew, or--"

"Numbers one and two are valid security risks. Number three might have been if Tanner hadn't hailed downside and confirmed his identity. His parents want him back, but the social security of Prism confirms he was being abused and they were attempting to extract him from his home anyway. They were going to send us old fashioned spacefood for him, but I told them that we have artificial gravity and that if none of their ships did we would come get real food ourselves, which Tanner is in the process of piloting the ship to do. You are going on break as you've done enough already. Back to your concerns, number four is a bit silly. You are dismissed, ensign." Rain really needed something from the break room herself, but her truffle would have wait. She needed to check on Tanner.

* * *

They were downside now, and it was the first time Flutter had seen any animals in months. Plants fared well in the artificial gravity, but animals such as cats always overestimated their jumps by just a little in the 7/8 gravity she was accustomed to. Sure, she felt a little heavy outside the ship, but she wasn't too far so she could always go in if it overwhelmed her. Unfortunately, something was drawing her farther away from the ship without her noticing. Sure, it might have been the sheer beauty of the place, but that wasn't it. It was something more powerful than that.

Eventually, the doctor realized she couldn't see the ship anymore, and that began to make her scared. She could feel something invisible tugging at her. It was almost as if it was saying Come over here, Flutter, there's something you need to see. She was of course, following it under her own free will. How foolish of her mind to suggest otherwise. It wasn't like she was being drawn to it like a piece of normal iron to a magnet. The attraction was more akin to someone going to their favorite restaurant or something. Yeah, that was it. The more Flutter thought about it, the more she began to think her brain was lying. She even tried to stop walking, but to no avail. Her body was not obeying her commands, but those of an alternate, outside force.

Eventually she arrived at wherever her body wanted her to be. It was a lovely place, filled with all kinds of animals living in peace with each other. In the center sat a marble pedestal, ornate carvings covering it from top to bottom. On top of the pedestal sat, no, floated a pink crystal that was shaped like a butterfly. Flutter still couldn't control her body as she walked up to the the crystal and reached out to touch it. Right before she could feel it under her fingers, she was knocked away.

"Who are you, and what is your business in the grove of kindness?" A voice asked her as she struggled to her feet. She looked wildly about for the source, but no obvious one presented itself. "And don't bother trying to find me, because I won't reveal myself to anyone except the bearer of this crystal or those who wish to harm others with it. One gets the stone, the other gets the boot. Can you guess which is which?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm here!" Flutter cried out in despair. "I need to get back to my ship, but something won't let me! It pulled me here! Please don't hurt me! I wanna go home!" The young woman fervently hoped this person could release her from the pull of the butterfly shaped crystal.

"Something won't let you, eh? That's what they all say. Very well, let me administer the test." The voices words struck fear into Flutters heart. When a young man in ragged clothing jumped out of a tree, she would have run if she could. "Let me tell you what is going to happen. I am going to attempt to pull you away from the stone. You should have control of your body now, so don't struggle. If I succeed, you are to leave immediately. If I fail, you are to take the crystal and do the same. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, I understand." Flutter braced herself to be pulled away from the stone. The strangers hand wrapped around her wrist and pulled. She braced herself to fly into him, but instead her arm smacked into an invisible wall. Her wrist was released, and she stood still for a second before remembering what she had to do. Grabbing the crystal butterfly, she fled from the clearing, back the way she came, slipping it into her bag as she went.

* * *

"Where were you?" Rain asked Flutter as the exhausted woman entered the ship. "We told you to wait near the ship! Half the Prism military force is out searching for you! We've been worried sick! What do you think we would do if someone got a really bad injury while our head doctor was missing, huh?" Flutter just looked at the ground, all her exhaustion forgotten in place of shame.

"I'm sorry! I don't know what came over me! One minute I was sitting nearby the ship, and the next I was in the woods and unable to control my body. I ended up--"

"Unable to control your body? Were you having a seizure or something?" This was one of her own department members. "Whatever it was sure racked you pretty hard. Why don't you lie down somewhere and we can talk about this there."

"Seizures don't normally have you walk to a clearing where you've never been before and having the strangest experience of your life." Flutter muttered as she walked over to the nearest couch. "They especially don't end up with you finding butterfly shaped crystals that when picked up allow you to leave the grove and are probably the reason you're there in the first place."

"Whoa there." Jacklyn said. "Are you sure that's what happened? It might have been a hallucination." Nobody else seemed to believe what Flutter was saying, either. Wordlessly, just to prove to herself it had happened, she reached into her bag and pulled out the crystal. Everyone gasped as it glowed in the dim light of the room.

"Wow." Rain said. "I think that's a Harmony Crystal you found." Soon the room was buzzing in agreement with those words.

BZZZZZT MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT OF PRISM BZZZZZT YOUR ANSWER IS REQUESTED BZZZZZT went the dVice inside Rains bag. "Shoot! I forgot to have someone man communications! Gotta go!" She dashed off and left the room back in silence.

Author's Note:

Should I change the rating on this to teen? I'm getting this feeling I should, but should I?

Comments ( 1 )

Before anyone begins to ask why Derpy is part of the main cast, or why she hasn't been introduced, I have some things to say. Derpy will eventually have a bigger role in the story, and she's actually already been introduced. She's been in two chapters so far, and has spoken. You didn't expect her human name to be Derpy, did you? :derpyderp1::derpytongue2::derpyderp2:

Login or register to comment