• Published 11th Feb 2012
  • 1,245 Views, 35 Comments

The last human warrior - leaderofstars



the last living human in the multiverse is given a new life within the land of Equestria.

  • ...
25
 35
 1,245

A new day dawns

If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.


I had a good night's sleep. I dreamt that I was playing uno with Sonic hedgehog, Luke Skywalker, and Kratos. I was on a roll, having managed to shove most of my draw two problems onto Luke and Kratos, who threaten me more then once with his swords. At the last second before I could call uno I became aware of something moving around in my hair. When I grabbed it off of my head, I awoke to my host Lyra brushing my hair.

“What are you doing?”

“I'm brushing your mane. It was such a mess before now it'll look better.”

“Please stop. There is nothing wrong with my hair that a comb and thirty seconds couldn't fix.”

“Oh relax, I’ll make you look better.”

“Lyra! Please leave him alone and come eat breakfast with me before it get cold.” Lyra’s roommate bon bon said having just wondered onto this scene.

“But I...”

“NOW.”

Lyra trotted away from me taking her brush with her. “Thank you ms. Bon. That was not what I wanted to wake up to.” She said nothing and followed Lyra to the dining room.

Sitting up from the couch, I rubbed the crust out of my eyes and then fell back to sleep on the couch. I was not used to how this world works yet, with the sun already reaching high noon despite it only being 7:30. I just need a few more hours and I’ll be fully awake.

Bon bon only gave me 25 minutes extra sleeping time before rolling my sleepy ass off the couch yelling at me to go clean my stink off. I followed her to their bathroom, because I'm a guest here and as such I needed to follow the rules that my hosts set. Despite being really tired, I noticed I could never truly clean myself in a tub designed for creatures smaller then myself. I guess I could wash my hair here, it'll be the only thing that could fit inside without breaking anything. I feel like a fucking giant in this bathroom. I'd better set the water to reverse puberty so I could wake up faster.

Lyra was sitting outside of the bathroom trying to get past her roommate bon bon to see what a hue-man looked like without clothes on. Bon bon was trying her hardest not to let her through but Lyra’s constant pleading was wearing down her resolve. The more that Lyra pleaded the more curious bon bon became to see what the hue-man was packing under all these clothes as well. Finally she gave in to her curiosity just as the hue-man stepped out of the bathroom wearing the same clothes he had on when he went in there.

“Well I feel better about that. Thank ms. Bon for forcing me take that shower. I'm hoping to get my own place with a bathroom that fits me so I won't feel so cramped.”

Lyra and bon bon just glared at each other for different reasons unknown to leaderofstars who walked back to the couch, grabbed his backpack, and pulled out a fried chicken leg. While eating breakfast, he started to check the amount of spare material his backpack had in reserve: descent amounts of everything but he needed more sulfur, lead, brass and glass in order to construct a proper hunting rifle and powerful enough cartridges. He wanted to go out and thin out the numbers of timbers wolves before they decided to attack again, but he would be needing .308 hunting rounds and/or 12 gauge slugs to break open their wood exteriors.

As he sat there, going through his backpack, Lyra sat down next to him just staring at the human. Leaderofstars turned to face her and saw she wasn't sitting down like a normal quadruped but like a biped like him. This was weird but not the strangest thing he ever saw; that title was held by princess Celestia's logic-defying hair. “So why do you sit like that?”

Meanwhile across town inside Sugarcube corner, Pinkie Pie was busy preparing for a party she was going to throw for leaderofstars the next night. At first it was going to be 'Welcome to Ponyville' party but after he helped fend off the wolves, so she decided to change it to a 'Thank you for saving Ponyville' party. He ate meat, what else could he eat? Pinkie thought as she finished putting icing on her latest batch of cupcakes. It doesn't matter, everypony loves my baked goods. I'm sure even one like him will enjoy my sweets. She wanted to make the party a extra special good one to make up for scaring him out of the tree. Twilight had explained that he was a omnivore but didn't said what-else he could eat besides meat. Oh! And then there's the drinks she'll have to serve. Mmm... is he old enough for Applejack's apple cider? Pinkie thought as she washed down a freshly eaten cupcake with some milk.

Fluttershy was busy feeding her animals friends their early morning breakfast. It was a daily routine that she enjoyed doing, but her mind was not on her task today. She was thinking back to how fast leaderofstars' leg bite had healed after he yanked out all the timber wolf splinters. She wasn't sure how he healed so quickly but it certainly seemed like nothing new to him. It was like he was used to it already since he didn't really seem to care about it that much.

There was a couple of things that was bothering her, one of which was: when he fell into her house, he was bleeding really hard from a bite that wouldn't bring down a normal pony, and then when she brought Twilight to her house, he was already up and about far sooner then expected. She wanted him to stay and explain how he could do all that, but she was afraid for the safety of all of her animal friends. Maybe she could talk to him about it the next time she saw him. Her thoughts were interrupted by the squawking one of her chickens as it tried to escape it's ironic burial by chicken feed.

Twilight was eating breakfast, her mind still fixated on the small device leaderofstars had on him. Rainbow had claimed that it emitted fire and loud bangs when he had held it, but she couldn't figure out how he could use it. Spike wasn't much help, he didn't really care about the hue-man at the moment because he was laughing at the comics section of Equestria daily. As Twilight eyes wondered from Spike to the newspaper strewed across the table she saw part of the front page entitled, “HUE-MAN FROM ANOTHER WORLD CLAIMS ABILITY.” Moving the papers around she was able to read the full title: “HUE-MAN FROM ANOTHER WORLD CLAIMS ABILITY TO TRAVEL TO MOON WITHOUT MAGIC.” Looking at the full title, she stopped eating and began reading the full story from a pony called Press Release. The story claimed that with the enough of the right resources, leaderofstars could build a 'rock-it' that could reach the moon and back without the aid of any magical device. It seemed that none of the hue-mans could use magic to begin with so they had to build devices to help them preform the work they couldn't do on their own.

Twilight realized then that when she tried to locate leaderofstars via magic yesterday, the spell had failed because it detected the magic inside everypony and leaderofstars had no magic within him to be detected. That also means that his device isn't powered by magic like she had thought and everything he could do could be explained away as being the result of advanced human technology. But still reach the moon without magic? Impossible, there has to have some magic behind it. Quickly finishing her breakfast, Twilight grabbed her quill, ink, some paper and a saddlebag to hold them before galloping out the door leaving spike to shout out-loud, “Yeah OK I’ll clean up everything like you asked.”

At the Apple homestead both Big Mac and Applejack were expressing their concerns to Granny Smith regrading leaderofstars.

“He isn't a problem if he rescued lit'le Applebloom from the wolves.”

“He eats meat, sis. There's no telling' when he'll 'cide to have any of us as his next meal.”

“Winona eats meat as well. Whats keepin' her from doing the same to any of us.”

“Winona is a dog, not a hue-man. I trust her with the safety of this family. We know next to nothin' about the hue-man and I don't think it's safe lettin' that hue-man anywhere near any member of this family.” Big mac stomped on the ground to drive his point home.

Applejack just glared at her older brother, he had a good point. She didn't know what leaderofstars could do or even if this all was just a act just so he could have himself a nice pony-sized meal the next time he eats. “Still somepony willin' to their life to save others can't be all bad, right?”

Granny Smith just sat in her chair, while her grandfoals were arguing on what the to do. This whole problem was different then dealing with the timber wolves who ate meat and protected their own, this leaderofstars has shown his desire to eat meat and his willingness to save others from danger regardless if they were his kin or not. Granny Smith had the final say in all problems brought up by her family.

“Bring him here to me. I want to see him myself.”

leaderofstars wasn't having the best of mornings. After going outside to finish his chicken leg breakfast, he found bigotry was still popular even in a place such as this as several ponies, led by a white unicorn, had begun throwing slurs of sorts at him. Despite every fiber in his being wishing to put bullets in each of their little pony skulls, he decided to follow his fathers example and wait them out.

His dad was weird to the point of having to take some medication, but he did a good job raising his only child. If there was one thing his father hated more then zombies, it was bigots, and he hated zombies so much he had gun racks installed allover his home so when the dead started walking he would be ready. Still, rather then treat bigots the same as zombies, he would always let them wear themselves out hating on him. He words of wisdom? “Fuck bigots, can't kill them for what they say but in the end their words are just words. There ain't no power behind their words besides bad breath. So let them hate, I got better things to do then fight hate with hate.”

leaderofstars had to admit that these pony bigots bastards couldn't insult themselves out of a wet paper bag. But while it's easy to ignore words, it's really hard to ignore a kick to your gut that drops you to the ground, especially when delivered by a pony in their prime. He would have gotten up off the ground sooner but he was busy getting his ass beat by the rest of the bigots. All he could do was curl up in a ball in a attempt to protect his vital organs. Despite Lyra pleading for them to stop, the whole crowd kept attacking him until they were sure he learned his lesson about staying anywhere near their families.

The nanobots began healing the damage done but it would take a while due to the crowd having given him some concussions. He was bleeding heavily from a gash on his head, but the real damage was to his body. With some broken ribs making it hard to breathe and a broken forearm and hand, he tried to downplay the severity of the injuries so Lyra could stop freaking out while attempting to put a bandage on his injuries. After 25 or so minutes of Lyra bandaging him up and apologizing for the actions of the bigots, the nanobots finished repairing the concussions but not his gash which was still bleeding hard. It still hurt like a bitch though, since the nanobots never stopped the nervous system from transmitting pain. Thanks to the injuries affecting the brain being hard to fix, the nanobots deemed his broken hand and arm “low priority issues” and stopped the healing process on them but gave his broken ribs a “high priority issue” alert. Lyra couldn't bear to see him in such pain and ran inside to get away from the battered human.

Twilight found herself wondering who could be this mean to somepony. It's one thing to throw insults but to actually physically hurt somepony is unheard of. Despite having bandages on all over his body and labored breathing, leaderofstars was still awake and aware of Twilight approaching him.

“Who did this to you? She cried out at seeing the human in obvious pain.

Leaderofstars just grinned, a painful, forced, sinister grin. “The local wildlife. I do appear to have taken quite a beating at their hands. But I’ll get them fuckers back. Nothing says 'fuck me? No, fuck you' quite like the overuse of a shock taser.”

“a what?” She was a bit concerned at the smile the human had on his face. It scared her to her bones.

“20,000 volts of nonlethal pants shitting pain. I'll teach them rat bastards that I’m not to be fucked with.” he propped himself up on his good arm, holding his broken arm to his chest. The pain was immense but the ribs had partly healed up. He looked at his broken hand and arm. It'll be hard holding and reloading a gun properly with one hand but he done stuff like that before.

“leaderofstars, your scaring me. Please clam down and think this over. Your talking about responding to violence with violence and that doesn't solve anything.” She was scared, scared of this rage that was spilling out in his voice.

He looked at her and for a split second Twilight saw his eyes filled up with pure hate before becoming cold, calculating. “You're right.” he sighed, “Better beat them with a stick.”

“What!? I just told you not to...” Twilight was even more fearful of the human. His eyes now seemed like a endless expanse of cold heartlessness.

“Its not gunna hurt too badly, but it will teach them a lesson they won't soon forget.”

Twilight put her front hooves on both of the human's shoulders to try and keep him from getting up. Twilight didn't want to use the Elements of Harmony on leaderofstars, because of his immunity to most magic, it might end up making him direct his rage on her and her friends. Still letting him continue on this path would only make things worse for himself. “Stop this, please!”

She wanted him to calm down. If he lets his rage overcome his mind and attacks anypony for any reason, both him and his knowledge of human technology might be banished back to his home world.

“Promise me.”

“Promise what?”

“That you not attack anypony even if you are attacked by them.”

“WHY THE FUCK NOT?” his voice held the rage of caged animal.

Twilight flinched, this wasn't like when she faced discord or nightmare moon, who only wanted control. The human had nothing left to live for. Celestia had told her about the rest of the humans having died fighting a powerful evil, leaving him alone to wander his home-world. The feelings of loneliness and regret were all he had left until he got here. Maybe if she could convince him that he could still be useful to somepony, it might help him come to terms with the past. “Because... your human technology could be used for the benefit of pony-kind. And if you attack anypony Princess Celestia may send you back to where ever you came from.”

He just looked at her, lost in thought. True, we humans have made horrible weapons of war and done things that would make anyone of these ponies look at him as another monster, but there have been many people who done great things for the sake of others often at their own expense. When he first arrived here he wondered if this place was his final reward. this was far from good enough to be worthy as his heaven, but not evil enough to be his hell. It was like home. A mix of good and evil balanced out by the people who lived in it. Maybe that white figure brought him here for a reason. Maybe the reason was to share his knowledge of human history, achievements and machines so others could know about humanity's rise and demise. If sharing this knowledge meant having to deal with bigots then, “Fine. I promise to exercise nonviolence against your fellow ponies.”

“I want you to pinkie promise.”

He tried to bring his good arm up give a pinkie swear, but because Twilight was still pushing on his shoulders he lost his balance and fell back. The impact sent a surge of pain flying out from his ribs. Twilight kept her hooves on his shoulders and was now straddling the lower part of his gut to keep him from getting up. He lifted up his hand, causing Twilight to flinch again, and extended his pinkie finger.

“What are you doing?” Twilight was unsure of this gesture.

“I’m pinkie swearin like you want to.” he looked at her hooves for a few seconds before looking back at Twilight. “Oh, right yeah. You don't have any pinkies or extra digits. Fuck it, side two. I cross my heart, hope the die, stick a needle in my eye.”

Twilight realized that human culture must be just as complex, if not more so, then her own. Their version of a pinkie promise is done with either their claws or by invoking bodily harm on themselves. Even so it seems promise is a promise regardless of ones culture.

Before she could say, do or think anything, “You met him a few days ago Twilight and you already mounted him? I thought you would wait a bit longer.”

Twilight blushed heavily and jumped off leaderofstars, allowing him to prop himself up again in order to face the owner of that voice. It was Rainbow Dash, sporting a smug grin on her face. She walked up to Twilight and without changing the smugness of her face, “So how was your first time, twi? Was he a 'little' much for you?” She burst out laughing, no doubt at the joke she made about the size of leaderofstars' member.

leaderofstars didn't find this amusing, mainly because he had no comeback for her remarks. But just because you don't know much about someone doesn't mean you are ammo-less. All it takes is to wound their pride, or get them to feel sorry for you. He was wounded, the splint on his arm and blood matted hair was proof of that. “oh yeah sure. Hit me while I’m injured and hurtin'. Your a real bitch, bitch. Ya know that?”

Rainbow Dash turned to get a proper look at the human and was taken aback by the sight of blood tricking down his cheek. There was so much blood dripping onto his clothes, that Rainbow felt a bit sick. “you, you look horrible. How can you sit there and act like you aren't in horrible pain.?” Rainbow was a bit impressed and fearful. The human was bleeding hard, had a splint on his arm and was acting like there was no pain for him to feel. If he could shrug off injuries like that off, what else could he do? He did claim to be a apex predator. Maybe this is how he proved himself worthy of that title, taking all sorts of injuries and coming out on top no matter what he had to fight. Still why did he not fight back? She trotted over, sat down next to him, and put a hoof on his chest causing him to flinch slightly. “Who did this to you?” While he was not close enough to her be called a friend, Rainbow held some respect for the human after he tried to save the cutie mark crusaders during yesterday's attack.

“Some jerks, trying to protect their families from a nonexistent threat.” leaderofstars had calmed down enough to recognize the problem he poised to some of the families around town. Because he ate meat, many around town were going to be afraid of him and his eating habits. Seriously, should I really be demonized for my eating habits? Not my fault bacon and burgers taste fuckin' delicious. boy am I glad I wanted to live in the forest. I could hunt and fish in peace there.

“Did you get a good look at them? I'll show them not to mess with you.” Rainbow seemed quite angry at what was done do the human after what he did the other day.

“I didn't really get a good look at them, but I did see a white one, a unicorn I believe. Eh, fuck them, in the same moment of that I was getting the shit stomped outta me, I heard Ms. Lyra pleading for them to stop. Besides when I met Twilight, she did say shit like this was going to happen sooner or later and at the time I didn't know how strong you ponies could be.”

“A white unicorn? Hmm... I wonder who it could be?”

“Anyways I’m feeling a bit better.” he said getting up. “I just need some beer in me and I’ll be able to ignore the pain better.”

The two ponies just stared at him. “Beer? Whats that?” Twilight asked while using her magic to bring out her writing supplies so she could write down this titbit of knowledge.

“Ya don't know what beer is?” leaderofstars was crushed. There was no beer here in this world for him to drink. No screwdrivers, no shooters and definitely no ale. Fuck me. Out of all the worlds that white jackass could send me, he sends me to the one that doesn't know what beer is. He was pissed, pissed that he didn't have enough materials to construct a still himself and that he didn't take some brews with him when he left to fight the raccoon god. He fell back on Lyra’s house and slid down to the ground. “I don't want to live on this planet without a properly made brew.”

Both Rainbow and Twilight were confused. How important was this 'beer' or 'brew' to him. Twilight thought to herself. Is it anything like apple cider?

“Cheer up.” Rainbow was trying to be supportive. “I’m sure you can make your own.”

He perked up, a raging fire of conquest burning in his eyes. “You're right. I can brew up some simple ale if I had barley, yeast, hops and enough materials to construct a still to cook 'em in.” He stood up, a look of determination in his eyes.

“That's better then moping around. Come on, and let us show you the town.”

Twilight was busy writing down the ingredients list for the production of 'beer'. She needed to know more about the specifics regarding the ratios of the ingredients and creation time. “Can you tell me more about the creation process of this 'beer'.

Meanwhile inside Carousel Boutique, Rarity was busy sewing together a dress for a client while taking to her little sister.

“I don't care. You are not allowed anywhere near him at least not without me.” Rarity was concerned for the safety of Sweetie Belle, and while the human did in fact saveher from the wolves, Rarity felt that he was still a threat to her little sister.

“But, sis...”

“No buts. If you see him again you are not to get anywhere near him. He's a predator and as such should be treated like the timber wolves.”

“Would he have saved me if he really wanted to kill me?

“I'm not sure why, but until I get know him better, you stay far away from him.”

“Fine.” Sweetie Belle said dejectedly

Celestia was busy dealing with her royal court duties, addressing concerns her subjects were bringing to her attention. It was lazy day since everything was working perfectly for once, and Celestia was enjoying the laziness. At least until the guards let a brown unicorn wearing a fedora with a traditional press pass cutie mark into the court.

“Hello madam. My name is Press Release. I'm a reporter with Equestria daily.”

“Ah yes. Is there something I can help you with?”

“Yes ma'am. I want to discuss what you were talking to the hue-man about yesterday, After the timber wolf attack.”

Meanwhile across the country, inside a wooden wagon sat Trixie, eating herself a early lunch while reading the newspaper she had brought. The title caught her eye at first and after some internal debating she spent some bits in order to read the rest. She was not disappointed. A creature that couldn't use magic but managed to reach the moon? Mmm.... such a creature is a rare find indeed. If I can convict this 'hue-man' to join me, I wonder what secrets he'll reveal to me?

She was convinced that she would be famous if she 'tamed' such a creature like this 'leaderofstars'. “So he's living in ponyville. I think it's time for THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE to prove she isn't a two bit hack. My skills will be legendary and well known throughout the world.”

After finishing her meal she used her magic to make her wagon start moving all the way to ponyville.

Luna was dreaming a strange dream. She saw two bipedal creatures fighting a long painful one sided battle. One was wearing spiky metal armor and the other heavy cloth armor. They were fighting with weapons that looked nothing alike, a sword and a tube that spat fire and noise. The creature in the cloth armor was winning until it's opponent, rather then fighting fairly, nearly obliterated the other with a powerful energy beam. Still the cloth armored creature fought on, fueled by a unknown power, until he was stabbed through the chest.

As it lay there bleeding out, a white robed figure holding some kind of bladed staff stood before the dying creature. Holding up a set of scales the dieing creature's wounds healed up and it vanished.

Luna woke up the dream still stuck in her mind. It was like nothing she had ever felt before. The entire fight was a entity pure evil fighting against a creature with a precarious balance of good and evil within it's heart. And Luna had a good idea who this creature was.

“What do you mean 'what's steel'?” leaderofstars was yelling in the middle of town at the two ponies leading him around. He wanted to start work on a beer still within a week but there was no steel to build the holding tank with. “It's a metal made from refined iron ore and coal that is very strong and durable. How could ya not know what it is?”

“We don't really mine most metals because of their rarity and the toxic by-products produced during the refining process. Only common, pure metals like gold or sliver are ever mined on a large scale because of the simple nature of their refinement process.” Twilight was informing the human of the problems with refining certain metals which he didn't take very well.

“Jesus, if I knew this place didn't have much metal to work with I would have brought some more with me.” leaderofstars knew that most of his weapons relied on steel parts to cycle the brass cartridges to fire the lead slugs. If and when he runs out of materials in his backpack he'll be shit-outta-luck. This was not good, he needed those metals to construct devices he'll need to help him survive out in the forest. Maybe there's some ore deposits he could mine out somewhere.

While he was lost in his thoughts he failed to noticed Twilight was carrying him around with her magic all the way to local cafe. When he came back to reality he found himself standing outside of a type of restaurant. “Uhh where are we?”

“We're at the Flower Cafe,” Rainbow said trotting over to a pile of straw and siting down. Twilight and the human sat down at the same table with the human sitting down cross-legged.

Twilight was amazed at how the human sat down, with his legs bending in the opposite direction of a ponies legs. While it would be really uncomfortable to a pony, it didn't seem to bother him at all. In fact it seemed to come naturally to him as he bend forward a bit and rested his arms on his knees. Soon a waiter came by and passed out menus before rushing away at the sight of the human.

Leaderofstars didn't think much of it since he did have a bit of reputation with the meat and the gun. As he looked through the menu, he saw noticed Twilight getting her face close to the flower pot centerpiece. Looking up he saw both Rainbow and Twilight grabbing flowers out of the vase with their mouths and eating them.

“Why are ya doing that?”

“Do what?” Rainbow sounded angry.

“Why are ya eating the decorative centerpiece?” He raised a eyebrow in confusion pointing at the flower pot. “It holds the table together giving it something nice to look at.”

Twilight swallowed her flower, “These flowers are given free to all patrons of this cafe to eat.”

“Oh. So it's like the free bread to ya. Should have figured that since ya are herbivores that eat grass and the like. Boy I feel dumb.” He put down his menu and slid it over top the edge of the table so the waiter could pick it up when he comes by again. “Unfortunately that means I can't really eat or drink most of the stuff on this menu. I’ll just have some apples, bananas with a water.”

Twilight's horn glowed a bit as she informed the rest of her friends to meet her at the Flower Cafe. This would be a good opportunity for most of ponyville to see the human eating something other then meat that he claims to enjoy.

When the waiter came back he took the girls orders of a few flower pedal sandwiches. He seemed really nervous and shaky asking the human what he wanted to eat.

leaderofstars saw this and decided to screw with the guy. Licking his lips, rubbing his palms together, he stared at Twilight and Rainbow, “Oh. I know what I want for lunch and dinner.” The waiter started shaking violently at the human's actions while Twilight and Rainbow just stared at him in confusion.

“Um... yes....well w-we-what w-w-would you l-l-l-like to drink?” He was trying so hard not to show his fear in front of the human.

“Dude chill the fuck man. I’ll just have some apples, bananas and a water. Why are you sweating bullets?”

While Rainbow glared at the human, Twilight informed the waiter that five others will be joining this party. The waiter could not have left fast enough.

After waiting a bit, a period of time that was spent tanking one sided arguments from Twilight and Rainbow, Fluttershy sat down at the table. After hearing what I did to the waiter she got really mad and joined her friends in the shouting match while I sat there took it all. No one here thought my joke was funny and thankfully they stopped shouting at me before the rest of Twilight's friends and a big red pony arrived at the table. After the waiter took their orders, more pedal sandwiches, they just stared at me for the longest while. I felt a little on edge with their death stares, so I decided to lighten the mood with a joke.

“This is way too much stress for me. Lets tell some jokes. What do you do when a musician comes to your door?”

The pink one shouted a bunch of 'oh's' and waved her front hoof around without actually giving a answer.

“Right. Well just pay him and take your pizza.” No one got it at all. It was to be expected after all they have a different culture then my old one.

The pink one said a joke but it involved a creature I was not familiar with and as such was lost on me much like my joke had been.

Finally the food arrived with myself getting 3 apples and 4 bananas. Licking my lips in anticipation I grabbed the banana and started to unwrap it.

Twilight was staring at the way the human was eating the banana. Instead of eating it as is, he used his claws to gently strip the outer coat off before consuming the center in one go. He was unique no doubt about that. He was the last of his kind and he adapts to our culture while blending in elements of his own into his actions. He is definitely deserving of more study.

Leaderofstars stopped eating his meal, a thought had just come to him, how am I gunna pay for my meal? I have no usable currency on me.

Sometime later the small group of ponies and one human were walking to Sweet Apple Acres, at the request of Applejack and her brother's grandmother. He went along with this because he needed to get a job and pay off the ponies who footed his portion of the bill. He didn't like being in debt to anyone. Along the way there the pink one was busy telling jokes that made everyone else laugh. He felt like a third wheel so he tried his hand again at telling jokes.

“Alright I got another joke hopefully ya'll get this. I once knew a guy who saved all his life for a cemetery plot. Then he took a cruise and was lost at sea.” perfect, almost. Just about everyone was laughing except the big red one. He just gave a simple 'heh' and that was it. I walked up next to him trying to match him long strides. “Are my jokes funny enough for you?”

“Eeyup.”

“Is that all you have to said?”

“Eeyup.”

“Well your definably more at ease with me being a predator and all then most people around town.” the red pony looked at me for a brief second before looking back ahead. Ok, well he hated me that’s obvious even when he only has the one facial expression.

At one point during the trip Twilight kept rambling on how she and her friends once defeated a entity of pure chaos named Discord by using something called the elements of harmony. From the sound of it Discord enjoy pulling pranks on people, and as a result they sentenced him to a fate worse then death: to be trapped forever within a stone statue. The punishment isn't even worth the crime, there's nothing on his rap sheet that should get him more then 2 years in a jail cell.

“So he pulled a couple of pranks and he gets encased within stone. Jeez I hate to see what the punishment for murder is like.”

Twilight didn't think I was being serious as she began berating me about my opinion on that matter. Something about chaos being bad to everyone or some other bullshit. “Ok. First this discord pulled off a couple of harmless pranks with his powers. Did he kill anybody?” Twilight tried to dodge the issue but with a little pressuring I found out that no, he didn't actually kill anyone.

“Secondly the shit he pulled would have been filed under criminal mischief and he would have been put in jail for a year or two at most and fined $5000. This kingdom has no concept of true crime and punishment because there's only been what 10 criminals since it was founded? Lastly, what you did to discord makes me sick, knowing your ruler lets a power like the harmony elements to be used by those perfectly willing to condemn someone to a fate far worse then death.”

Twilight and her friends were feeling so many different emotions from anger and rage to regret at the human.

“Well then. What were we supposed to do then? Let Discord wander around Equestria causein' all sorts of chaos where ever he wanted?” Applejack was fuming mad. She knew they had to put discord in that statue to save their home, and this human was making her and her friends to seem like the evil ones.

“What? Ya couldn't strip his powers away? The harmony elements seem powerful enough to do so. A far more fitting punishment for someone like him. But I guess that’s what happens when you make those with no concept of 'making the punishment fit the crime' judge and jury over someone's very life. You stuffed him into a hunk of rock leaving him to grow crazy and more dangerous the next time he pops out. Your actions may have made it worse, because he may decide to outright kill someone instead of pulling prank on people.”

Applejack wanted to buck him so hard, but Twilight stopped her by asking, “Where your from, Terra, it had lots of evil hue-mans right?”

“Yes. To the point we had a group of men and women whose job was it to bring justice on those who broke the law. All suspected lawbreakers were innocent until proven guilty in a court of law as determined by a group of their peers. There was a system in place to try and keep those wrongly accused of crime out of jail but it wasn't perfect. I could tell you all the details but it boils down to a argument where two groups try to either prove or disprove the suspect's innocence. Sometimes those wronged never get to see justice done because the murderer manages to get the charges dropped and walk away free as a bird.”

Twilight felt a bit sad at what he said killers sometimes getting away with their crimes, but he did say it wasn't perfect. His world was not like theirs, it was a world where good sometimes lost to evil. But still he was basically calling them evil for doing what had to be done to Discord.

“But mister stars.” Squeaked a timid voice from the yellow pegasus, “Is it not right to let a murderer go free?”

“No it isn't. But sometimes they would get free, kill again and then get the proper punishment for their crimes. Some crimes are considered much worse to commit then the law says they are, because of the long reaching effects of the trauma.” He looked at Fluttershy, who was trying to hide from him behind Rainbow. “There were those who committed crimes against children that they themselves were killed in jail for because their jail mates found what they did was more horrible then what they themselves had done. Think about for a minute. Someone, in jail for killing 20 people, killed another criminal because he did something to a child. There's monsters and then there’s just pure evil.”

Every single one of the ponies there took what the human was talking about differently: Fluttershy couldn't believe that hue-mans would kill each other for the most ridiculous reasons, Rainbow found that there was somethings just rang true no matter where you go, Pinkie pie was depressed at how cruel the human's world was, Twilight felt a pang of regret for sealing up discord within stone, Rarity felt that the human was a bigger threat then she had thought, Applejack was still mad, but knew that because of his world had much more experience dealing with evil, he was right about the hastiness of sealing discord away rather then attempting to strip him of his powers.

“So what are you?” Big Mac asked, still wearing his favorite facial expression. “evil or a monster?”

“I’m just a fallen warrior looking for a reason to keep on fighting.”

author notes
fuck man. This story was forced out of me even when I had writers block.
Nothing much else to say here. Been trying to come up with our friend's real name so people would stop calling this a author self insertion.

Anyways I'm spent for now. This took way longer then I wanted to write and it has make me sleepy. Night.

friendship for you
coexistence for me