• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 746 Views, 19 Comments

My Little Portal - Daylight Shadows

  • ...
6
 19
 746

Prologue: The Letter


Princess Celestia had received a letter from an A.I. robot known as GLaDOS from Aperture Science in a completely different dimension:

"Dear Princess Celestia,
I have learned a lot about friendship. I was taught its kindness, honesty, generosity... "


After reading GLaDOS’ letter, Celestia turned to Luna, looking mildly annoyed. “She says she doesn’t need friendship.” Luna just shrugged. “Maybe she doesn’t. She’s been killing test subjects for years…“

Celestia shook her head. “She said she’s a cold, heartless robot. If so, maybe we convince what the pros of friendship are, and maybe she’ll think twice about killing her test subjects.” She rose from her throne and descended to the window. “I think Twilight should go and become her test subject.”

Luna looked doubtful. “Twilight? Can she handle GLaDOS’ wrath?” She looked at the letter. “It says she’ll even bake a cake for her. But GLaDOS is known for aggravating, manipulating, and degrading her test subjects before killing them. Can Twilight deal with all that without snapping?”

Her sister remained to stare out the window. “I think so. She’s been through a lot. And, now that she’s a princess, she’ll be twice as wise and careful.” She turned and looked at her sister. “And plus, Twilight can handle herself. Besides…” she said with a laugh, “She tries too hard to impress me. I tell her just to do her best, but for her, that’s not good enough. A determined and brilliant mare such as her can deal with GLaDOS. “ Luna looked out the window as well. “I sure hope you are right…”

Author's Note:

Please check the Youtube Video for the full letter for Princess Celestia from GLaDOS, voiced by her own VA at a convention.