• Published 30th Apr 2013
  • 1,438 Views, 100 Comments

What went wrong and the end result - rikusorasephiroth



Derpy is accidentally sent to another world, but bring something back with her. Teen for language

  • ...
11
 100
 1,438

Wordplay

"As fun as this is, could you let me down... Preferably before my shoulders get dislocated."

Even after breaking the silence, they continued staring into space.

"Earth to quadrupeds, assistance required."

More mindless staring.

"HEY!"

It was almost amusing to watch them all flinch when I yelled, but the spreading numbness in my arms was putting a bit of a damper on my sense of humor.

"Could you please let me down?" I asked again.

"Why? So you can run away? Is that it?" the blue one asked, surprisingly.

"I said let me DOWN, not let me GO... not that I'm saying I don't WANT to be let go."

"Do you promise you won't hurt us?" the purple one asked with obvious concern.

Looking her in the eye, I replied, "Yes."

With a sigh, her horn lit up and I felt my hands tingle as I was lowered to the ground before the ropes started to untie. The moment they were of I started rubbing my wrists to get the feeling back while the purple one was shuffling her hooves awkwardly.

"So um...," she started.

I looked towards her and asked, "Yes?"

"What uh... What are you, exactly?"

With a heavy sigh, I walked over to the window answered, "Human. Scientific name, Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Genetic sub-group to Homo Sapiens," and as they processed this information I muttered, "Monsters," under my breath and turned back to them.

I was briefly taken aback when the purple one vanished in a flash of light and re-appear a few seconds later with several books.

After spending several minutes looking through them, during which I had returned to staring out the window, she looked up and said, "According to my books, there's no known record of 'humans' in Equestria."

Putting a palm to my chin, I tilted my head left and right and felt the release of tension as several cracks sounded, before asking, "And exactly, where on Earth is this 'Equestria'?"

"Earth? What's that to you?"

"The name of the planet. What else would it be?"

"I'm sorry, but you must be mistaken. The name of the planet is Equis. It's almost as if you're suggesting that...you're...from another..."

You could have heard a pin drop in the silence that followed as we all came to the same conclusion and a faint smile started to form on my face.

When I turned to face them again, they all had melancholy expressions and the purple one said, "I'm so sorry."

"Sorry?" I asked a little sharper than I intended. "Why would you be sorry?"

"Because you're so far from home and might never see your world again?" she offered, a little confused.

"Why should I care?" I asked with a dark chuckle. "My world is corrupted and dying and my species is what caused it. Countless innocent animals have been rendered extinct because of them. And you apologise?"

Fear crept into her voice. "Um... yes?"

Taking a more serious tone, I said, "Don't. My kind has perfected the art of killing...the art of war. They built weapons that could destroy entire cities, countries even, within seconds, at the press of a button. My own kind disgusts me. You shouldn't apologise. Not when I'm glad to leave it all behind."

"But what about your friends and family? Don't you miss them?"

Turning away once more, I said, "I'd need to have them to miss them."

As I finished the sentence I heard them all gasp, so I gave them a side-long glance, only to end up fully looking at them in order to accept that they all seemed to be crying. The white and purple one were sniffling, the blue and orange were looking away with tears brimming in their eyes, the pink one appeared to be have great spouts coming from her, the water vanishing as soon as it hit the ground, but what really got me was Fluttershy gently sobbing behind her mane.

I went over to her and brought myself down to her level, looked her in the eye and said, "I'm not crying about it, so why are you?"

"Because you must be sad and lonely," she said with a sniffle.

"The loneliness passed and I haven't been sad for a long time," I explained with a reassuring smile.

The tears stopped, but she still sniffled, "How can you not be sad?"

Looking away I answered as cryptically as I could. "I've had to deal with something more painful than grief."

Turning my attention towards the others, I saw that their tears had stopped too, but as I looked at the talking reptile he had his mouth covered like he was about to be sick.

Chuckling, I decided to lighten the mood. "Too many feels going around for you, mate?"

Lowering his hands, he belched a green flame that materialised into a scroll, which the purple one caught in her aura.
As she read it, she became increasingly distressed.

"What is it, sugar-cube?" the orange one asked.

"Princess Celestia AND Princess Luna are coming to... remove the creature that attacked us... TODAY!"

"But doesn't she know we attacked first?"

"I may have missed that detail."

In an instant, the blue one was inches from Purple, shouting, "Then send another letter."

With no idea or interest in the implications, I started towards the door saying, "If she's already on her way, are you sure it's such a good idea, Blue?"

She shot me a glare. "Of course I do, and the name's Rainbow Dash."

"Remind me to ask again when I care," I stated as I opened the door.

"Where are you going?" Purple asked as she realised I was outside.

"Somewhere to amuse myself," I responded before gently closing the door behind me.

[-]

"What do you think it meant by that?" Rarity asked after she thought the 'human' was out of earshot.

"I'm pretty sure it's a 'he', Rarity," Twilight answered, "And I'm not sure."

"Doesn't he realise it's HIM the princesses are coming for?"

"Ah don' think he cares, Rarity," Applejack interjected, "Ah mean, did ya hear how he spoke about his own kind?"

"Oh please, Applejack, he simply HAD to be exaggerating. The idea of being able to destroy an entire country in seconds is... well, it's preposterous."

Working her way back into the conversation, Twilight said, "Destroying cities and countries in seconds does sound a bit far-fetched, but even I know he was being serious when he said how he felt about them."

"Does this mean I'm NOT throwing him a party?" Pinkie asked.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

[-]

"I fail to see why both our presence is required, sister," Luna said watching the ground pass beneath their chariot as she looked with her head draped almost lazily over the side.

"Curiosity, Luna. I wish you to observe the responses the creature gives to my questions," Celestia replied, never taking her eyes off their destination.

"But that doesn't explain why you want me. You could have asked one of your guards."

"True, but I also believe it would be less inclined to lie with both of us there."

Turning her attention to Celestia, Luna argued, "If it is tied up, as your pupil said in her letter, I do not believe I can make that significant of a difference."

"You doubt yourself far too much, Luna"

"Why must you hide the truth from me, sister?"

"Very well. The truth is I'm nervous. There is simply too much we don't know. Too many variables."

"Thank you. I must admit, I'm a little nervous too."

After giving her sister a warm smile, Celestia looked ahead again, saying, "Fluttershy's cottage isn't much further. I hope you're ready."

"Of course, Tia," Luna replied, bringing her attention forward as well.

[-]

After walking out on the ponies who found me, I explored around Fluttershy's place and quickly grew bored. soon enough I found myself about twenty metres from the house, sitting on the ground, my back leaning against a tree with my eyes shut and just slightly too aware to be asleep.

I had not quite developed a train of thought when I heard the sound of something heavy hitting the ground.

As I looked around the tree, in the general direction of the noise, I saw several white stallions wearing armour-like gold plating in front of a golden chariot.
I continued to watch as two significantly larger ponies approached the door and went inside.

A few moments after the door closed I got up and walked around the tree.

[-]

"Twilight Sparkle, as glad as I am to see you un-harmed, I thought your letter said you had the creature tied up," Princess Celestia said when her prized student rose.

"It's called a 'human', Princess, and we did."

"Where is it? I'm most curious about it."

"It left, Princess, not long before you arrived."

"Did you see where it went?"

Before the small unicorn could respond, the door opened as a guard walked in and whispered to Celestia, who quickly turned to the open door to see the human leaning on a tree with the other three guards in a tight semi-circle around it.

[-]

I watched intently as a large white pony with both wings and a horn made her way over to me with a determined expression on her face.

When she was standing just within the group of armoured ponies she spoke up.

"Are you the creature that attacked my little ponies?"

As a plan formed in my head, I smiled and asked, "Who wants to know?"

"I am Princess Celestia of Equestria."

"Then probably."

"Probably what?"

"Do you need to ask?"

"Not anymore."

"I didn't think you would."

"Why won't you give me a straight answer?" she asked with a frown.

With the most genuinely innocent smile I could muster, I responded, "Would you like to know the rules?"

[-]

As Celestia interrogated the human, Luna turned to the ponies and asked, "It didn't hurt any of you seriously, did it?"

"No Princess, he didn't," Twilight said as she watched her mentor anxiously.

Noticing this, Luna said, "Do not worry, Twilight Sparkle. I doubt any harm will come to my sister."

"It's not Celestia I'm worried about."

[-]

"What rules?" Celestia asked with growing curiosity.

"Don't you want the answers?" I replied, still smiling.

"I don't understand."

"Then let me tell you the rules"

"Why do I need the rules?"

"How else do you expect to play the game?"

After she took a few moments to make sense of it, she gave an exasperated sigh and said, "Okay then, we'll do it your way. Tell me the rules."

With a grin I said, "They're quite simple really. You ask a question and I'll answer with a question. You answer my question and I'll answer yours and there must always be a question to answer or I simply won't respond."

"That's it?" she asked in disbelief.

"Were you expecting more?"

"Yes."

"There isn't any more to it."

[-]

"What do you mean?" Luna asked, confused.

"I mean he didn't attack us. He retaliated against us," Twilight said, looking away in shame.

"But, your letter..."

"I sent that before I really had a chance to talk to him."

"So it was only acting in defense?"

"Yes. I'm sorry it came to this before I could set the record straight."

[-]

"Did you attack Twilight Sparkle?" Celestia asked after what I felt was a hilarious ten minutes of her trying to adjust to my impromptu game.

"Which one's that?"

"The purple one."

"I retaliated," I stated as bluntly as I could.

"You retaliated?"

"Are you being rhetorical?"

"No."

"She attacked under a false assumption and I responded how I felt necessary at the time."

"And what of the others?"

"What about them?"

"Was it retaliation?"

"What do you think?"

"I wouldn't have asked if I knew."

"It was."

"Could you tell me exactly what happened?"

"Will it make a difference?"

"It might."

"I could."

After a brief pause, "Are you going to tell me?"

"Are you going to give me the right statement?"

She took a few minutes to think it through, before coming to the right answer.

"Please tell me what happened."

[-]

"Should things take a turn for the worse, I'll intervene. Is that alright with you, Twilight Sparkle?" Luna asked after receiving the explanation that Twilight was given.

"Thank you so, so much, Princess Luna," Twilight said with some of the tension visibly leaving her.

"It is no trouble Twilight, but I no longer think it will come to that."

"What makes you say that Princess?"

"The fact that they're still talking."

[-]

After I explained everything that happened since my arrival, Princess Celestia seemed to be struggling with how to proceed, so I said, "The game is finished. I do believe you won."

Clearly confused, Celestia asked, "How do you figure?"

"You followed the rules and still got the answers you initially sought," I explained.

"I'm seriously considering having you thrown in a dungeon, just to keep other ponies from having to put up with that," she said, humorously.

Chuckling, I ran a hand through my copper hair and said, "You have to admit, it was more fun than you initially expected."

"Yes, but I think it would be more fun to initiate."

Turning, she started to walk away, before looking back to me saying, "Wouldn't you like to be there when I tell the others my plans for you?"

"Seeing as I can't seem to figure out if it's going to be good or bad, I can't decide."

She smiled at me warmly and said, "I wouldn't worry too much about my decision. I'd be more concerned about Pinkie Pie if I were you."

"What do you mean?" I asked with a frown.

"You'll find out for yourself soon enough," she said with a chuckle as she continued walking towards the house.

With an incoherent grumble, I followed her towards the cottage.

[-]

As Celestia started back towards the cottage, human in tow, Twilight and Luna were still discussing what would happen.

"Twilight, even if he is from a different world I doubt my sister would send him anywhere outside of Equestria," Luna explained for the third time.

"But how can you know?" Twilight pleaded.

"Because she would want to keep a close eye on the human, if only for the fact that he seems to be the only one in existence."

Before Twilight could make her counterpoint, Celestia was in the doorway, sayin, "I have reached a decision."

[-]

"I have decided to let the human stay. He will be put under the care of Twilight Sparkle and her friends. I would also like for you to record anything you learn about him and his species in the time he is with us. Can I trust you with this?"

Feeling slighted for not being asked if I would mind being watched by these ponies, I asked, "Don't I get a say in this?"

With barely a glance in my direction, Celestia said, "You did hurt my subjects, so I'm entrusting you to them to ensure any future outbursts can be contained, even though you acted out of self-preservation."

Before I could make a rebuttal, Twilight spoke up and said, "Don't worry, princess. You can count on us!"

Upon hearing that, Celestia and the other large pony walked out. As the slightly smaller, dark one passed me, she said, "I'll speak to you myself soon."

As I watched their chariot take to the skies, I couldn't bring my mind off of what the darker one said.

Dismissing it as simple nervousness, I turned to the ponies who were gathered and said, "Now that that's taken care of, how about some proper introductions?"

Author's Note:

How many of you readers can pick up on my reference with the 'game'? PM me if you think you know.

I'm still running the... let's call it a survey... from the previous chapter, and I would appreciate it if more people commented.

I should also say that updates will probably slow down, because I'm headed into winter where I am and my low blood-pressure causes me to lose feeling in my hands, so I might not type in these instances.

Thank you, readers, for putting up with me. I don't know why you do, but I appreciate it nonetheless.