• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 3,551 Views, 159 Comments

The Seven Tribes - Scootaloo-009



An ancient race bent on overthrowing the Princesses emerges after 2000 years of hiding

  • ...
8
 159
 3,551

Arc 8: Infiltration

The Seven Tribes

by Scootaloo-009, a.k.a. Mechsrule1

My Little Pony and related names, images, and scenarios are property of Hasbro Inc.

Arc 8: Sanctuary 4

Chapter 23

“This is Sugarbowl, over. Repeat, Sugarbowl, over. Do you read, over?” Pinkie said to herself.

“This is Hex Wrench, over. We read you loud and clear, over,” Gearbox's voice rang in her ears. With a smile Pinkie Pie trotted forwards, dragging a large trunk with hundreds of hidden compartments.

After meeting with Princess Luna and waiting a night to get armored up, Eclipse had headed straight for the sanctuary. On the way Gearbox had presented them with a radio system he had devised to get through terra pony security systems. It used magic to generate a radio signal that could only be read by another radio. The transmitter was small enough to be disguised as a tooth. Pinkie, having lost several teeth to sugar, had no problem giving one up. Since she was the only one going in, she was the only one who needed one.

The sanctuary, from what they had seen, was built into the side of a bluff in the countryside. Pinkie Pie's mission was to get in, find any information on other sanctuaries, commit as much sabotage as she could, then hide or escape. At that point the rest would use force to take control. It was simple. In theory.

“HALT!” one of the patrolling ponies shouted as Pinkie Pie neared. He pointed his firehoof at her.

“It's okay. I'm a terra pony too!” She shouted back. “I have some tactical information stolen from Canterlot.” This wasn't a total lie. She had been provided fake but convincing reports about troop movement and guard changeover times to help gain the enemies' trust. The guard eyed her over carefully.

“Come with me and keep your hooves where I can see them,” he ordered.

“Okie dokie lokie!” Pinkie cheered, bouncing in the direction he pointed. He followed, keeping his weapon trained on her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The school yard was full of fillies and colts playing. They had mostly gotten over having a meat eater at the school and no longer avoided Scootaloo like she had cutie pox. Happily she played tag with them when she heard several shouts of shock. Confused she looked towards the source and saw a familiar hazelnut colored figure landing in nearby.

"Rriz!" Scootaloo cheered, bounding over.

"Who?" Apple Bloom asked, following.

"What's going on?" Sweetie Belle said joining them.

"Hey, Scootaloo!" Rriz greeted seeing her. Most of the other foals stared at the beaked stranger. He seemed to be aware of how much he stuck out but didn't do anything to address it. "How have you been?"

"You would not believe the month I've had," Scootaloo replied. "So what are you doing here?"

"What can't I visit a friend? Actually I saw you missed several tournaments and wanted to see if you were okay," Rriz explained.

"Yeah I got mixed up in some stupid crap but I'll be at the next one."

"Um, Scoots?" Apple Bloom asked, poking the pegasus.

"Who's this?" Sweetie Belle finished.

"Oh. Right. Girls, this is Rriz. I met him over in Shattered Beak, remember?" Scootaloo said, turning red a bit. "This is Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom."

"Hi," Rriz greeted the two.

"So can you stay long?" Scootaloo asked.

"Totally. I'm just waiting for the next tournament and a couple days off from practice can't hurt."

"Class just got over so we can totally hang out all day."

"It figures you'd be friends with a griffon," Diamond Tiara said, finally working up the courage to speak.

"What's all that about?" Rriz asked.

"Some downy brains think because we eat meat, we must eat ponies," Scootaloo answered.

“You eat meat?” Rriz said, surprised.

“Since I’ve been living with my mom, so almost a year now,” Scootaloo replied.

"Don't worry. I wouldn't eat any pony," Rriz said to Diamond Tiara. "Just the ones who can't fly."

The prissy earth pony squeaked in fear and tore off, Silver Spoon close behind.

"Wow that was more fun than it should have been," Rriz said smiling. "What a sap."

"You know, I just had a better idea," Scootaloo said, "Cutie Mark Crusader sleepover at my house!"

"Are you sure Rainbow Dash will let us?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"She's out of town and she did say I could have friends over. She never said she had to be home," Scootaloo said mischievously.

"I don't think that's my style," Rriz said, awkwardly scratching a leg.

"Afraid to hang out with a bunch of girls?" Scootaloo taunted.

"Okay, I'm in."

"I'll meet you two by the Ponyville fountain around sunset," Scootaloo said to her pony friends. "Eat up at home if you don't want meat for dinner."

"Okay," Sweetie Belle said.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A mile away from the sanctuary the group sat huddled around a radio. Gearbox had a set of earphones on and was listening intently to everything he heard, recording everything on paper. Luna hadn't sent them off with just their wits; they had all been outfitted with armor.

Gearbox had on heavy armor, very similar to standard guard armor, but with a holster for his firehoof. On the chest was a set of thin green gemstones symbolizing the green circuit board on his flank. Doppler had some unique armor on made special for him. Thick scales would not protect against bullets. On his was a flame made of a dark blue gem.

Being a unicorn, Twilight's armor was lighter, and left her horn free. On the chest was a large purple six pointed star shaped gemstone embedded in the chest plate. It wasn't the element of magic, but it was a good likeness. Trixie had a similar set of armor but there was a light blue five pointed star on hers, and there were holes for her wings. It was also slightly lighter so she could still glide.

Sticky hooves had the lightest armor of the group, mostly some dense fabric. Metal armor would be noisy and give her away. She’d been reluctant to wear anything but was satisfied with how the suit muffled her hooves. On the chest was a black dagger emblem that was only distinguishable because it was a different material from the rest.

“Hey, Twilight?" Rainbow dash said. Rainbow Dash was wearing her griffin armor. A dirty brown thing that covered most of her body but left her wings completely free. The only part that wasn't griffin issue was a pair of brass goggles. A cowl had clearly been modified for a pony to wear as it left much of her muzzle exposed. Her mane and tail were both hidden from sight.

Twilight had originally been against wearing it, citing how ineffective it would be against bullets but Rainbow Dash won in the end though Trixie had worked her magic to make a red lightning bolt on the front. Greg was wearing a nearly identical set of armor, though it lacked the goggles and had a gold coin on the front instead of a lighting bolt.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash," the unicorn returned.

"Are you ready for this?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"No," Twilight said. "Have you ever been in a battle before?"

"A couple times, remember? The civil war was decades ago, but some griffons still think it's going on. The family would occasionally raid one of their lairs to get them to knock it off."

"Your dad really took you into a fight?" Twilight asked, shocked.

"I wasn't a little foal. It's not that bad anyway. Griffon combat is all talon to talon. No magic or firehooves."

"So how does a pony go hoof to talon? You don't have any claws."

“And that's where you're wrong,” Rainbow Dash said pulling out two sets of three slightly curved metal blades attached to leather bands. The bands each fit snugly around one leg and tightened to stay in place. When she flexed her hooves right, the blades retracted so she could walk, or extended so they could be used as weapons. They seemed very old to the magic pony, but very sharp.

“No offense Rainbow Dash, but you look like a griffon with those.”

“That's the point,” Rainbow dash replied. “I made these so I wouldn't be at such a disadvantage with the family.”

“Rainbow you should be careful or you might just turn into a griffon.”

“Eh, as long as I have wings I'm cool.”

“I don't think I'll ever understand you,” Twilight said shaking her head. “If you had all that stuff in Ponyville, why didn't you get it when we went to get Pinkie?”

"It wouldn't have fit. It's all custom made. Well the claws would have, but I didn't want to hurt her."

"You were planning on bringing her back to Ponyville the whole time?"

"Guilty," Rainbow Dash said with a smile.

"Can you keep it down? I'm trying to listen!" Gearbox hissed, The two quieted down at once.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Captain Steelmane led his platoon through the sky towards their destination. The intelligence had been vague but it seemed the terra ponies were building some dangerous super weapon. He and the hundred or so alicorns under his command had been sent to investigate. They didn’t let offspring ponies into the military. They were so short lived and so limited in abilities.

Normally this wouldn’t have caused a concern, but the terra ponies had been acting very strangely lately. A million possibilities raced through his head. It seemed likely they were building some sort of device. After all they were very industrious, always coming up with neat little things.

The terra ponies and alicorns had always shared everything until recently. They had become more and more withdrawn. Maybe it was because the alicorns controlled too much. Steelmane had to admit that he at least agreed they were on the verge of overstepping themselves but that wasn’t enough to start something.

Finally he spotted their destination. It was a large metal door in the side of a hill. He led his platoon into a dive. They landed outside and were met with two terra ponies holding firehooves. They pointed them at the alicorns.

“What are you doing? I’m Captain Steelmane. I order you to stand down,” Steelmane said.

“We don’t recognize your authority,” one guard said.

Steelmane flicked his right ear twice. This wasn’t an innocent act. It was a silent command. Two members of his group sent out stunning spells, knocking out the two guards. Steelmane then walked through the steel door, leading them into the unknown.

“Just what are they up to?” he wondered out loud.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“State your name and business,” ordered one of the guards. Pinkie had been brought right up to the door. A large metal disk, with a hinge on the top, hanging wide open. The opening was wide enough for eight ponies to walk in and out of side by side.

“Pinkamena Pie,” Pinkie said. She hated her full name but that was what the terra ponies would know her as. “I have some documents from Canterlot about the Royal Guard.”

“Scan her,” another guard said motioning. A third guard stepped forward with a small metal device in one hoof. He waved the thing at her slowly a few times. “Huh.”

“What is it?” the first guard asked.

“Must be one of Dr. Axon's guinea pigs,” the third guard replied. “She's clean. Better let the Doc know about it.”

“One coming in,” the second guard said into a radio, “and find out what one of Dr. Axon's patients is doing here.”

“Go on in,” the third guard said motioning to Pinkie. She grabbed her trunk and skipped inside. The doorway was long semi-circular area that continued downwards at a slight angle for a few yards before opening into a larger area with several armed ponies milling about. On the far wall was another opening into a larger area beyond that Pinkie Pie couldn't see from her location. On a far wall was a big number four on the wall.

"Sanctuary four?" Pinkie said to herself.

"Four huh?" Gearbox said.

“Hold it,” a new guard said once she had entered. Pinkie tried to look innocent as he marched over. “Dr. Axon wants to see you. I was ordered to escort you there.”

“What kind of doctor is he? Cause I hate dentists. Always telling me to eat less sugar. I love sugar! How could I give up candy? I don't care if I do lose all my teeth,” Pinkie babbled.

“Just be quiet and come this way,” the guard said jabbing her with his gun. Pinkie reluctantly followed.

“Pinkie stay with him,” Gearbox said over the radio. “This Dr. Axon sounds important.”

Pinkie didn't reply, the guard was watching her too close to risk it. So she did as Gearbox ordered and followed the guard into the main compound.

The sanctuary was a massive underground structure in the rough shape of a + and consisted of two levels, the top being mostly open with a thin walkway overlooking the lower floor. Most of the roof was a light source that cast a gloomy glow throughout the complex.

The two main corridors had rooms on each side that served different purposes but since most of the doors were shut tight Pinkie couldn't get a good glimpse of them. The place wasn't packed with ponies but there were at least a couple hundred. Before they were halfway between the door and the center of the complex they stopped.

There waited an old terra pony with a dull lime coat was waiting for Pinkie. His mane was a dull gray but it was clearly that way from age. That was something Pinkie had noticed. All the ponies had dull lifeless coats. It was so different from the colorful appearances she was used to. The waiting terra pony was wearing a lab saddle with heavily laden pockets.

“What is this you have brought me?” the pony asked the guard.

“Seems she's one of yours,” the guard replied.

“Yes, as I see. I can take it from here,” the pony said. The guard saluted before walking away. “Tell me, what is your name.”

“Don't lie. Use your full name,” Gearbox instructed.

“My name is Pinkamena Pie, but my friends call me Pinkie,” Pinkie told him.

“Hello there Pinkie. I am Dr. Axon,” Dr. Axon told her. “You may not remember me but we met a long time ago. Before your father betrayed us."

“I don't remember you at all. Sorry,” Pinkie said trying to look sad.

“Please, walk with me a bit. I am sure you have a lot of questions for me,” Dr. Axon said.

“I need to give these documents to somepony important. They have information on troop deployment and stuff,” Pinkie explained tapping the trunk.

“Then let’s get you a temporary quarters first then,” Dr Axon said walking off.

“Whatever you do, stay with him,” Gearbox ordered. He didn't need to; Pinkie was curious now. The doctor led her through the complex and down one of the corridors. Stopping by one of the doors, he opened it to reveal a room full of small compartments built into the walls. The only privacy was a curtain. Some had ponies sleeping in them, other ponies were reading. Others stood vacant. The doctor walked through the room until he found one that was definitely unoccupied.

“You can place your belongings here and pick them up later,” He said. Pinkie heaved the trunk onto the bed and closed the curtain. “Now, let us walk together.” Pinkie followed him outside. He led her down a stairwell and to the lower floor. “So do you have any burning questions you would like to ask?”

“Ask how he knows you,” Gearbox said in her ear.

“Well, how do you know me?” Pinkie repeated.

“As I said your family lived here in Sanctuary 4 until they ran away. I didn't think you would ever come back. I was very sad when you left.”

“How did the guard know you knew me?” Pinkie asked.

“I am sure you have noticed by now, you are not a normal terra pony.”

“Yeah I'm a lot more cheerful than you guys,” Pinkie said smiling. "More colorful too."

“Not like that. You have magic,” Dr. Axon said looking at her.

“I've don't know what you're talking about. I've never done magic in my life,” Pinkie said hoping to get a better explanation.

“Let me explain then,” Dr. Axon said fulfilling her wish. “You are the culmination of more than two millennia of research, development, and testing. Well culmination is a bit strong.”

“To do what?” Gearbox asked, shocked, but the doctor continued.

“Before we sealed the doors we realized we would never be able to control the world as we were. We could counter strength with brains. We could easily control the skies. Our weapons of war far outclassed the rest of pony kind. But there was one thing that was beyond us: Magic. We needed magic ourselves if we were to compete with the other tribes.

“So we began trying to give a terra pony magic. Early tests were primitive and misguided. We tried sawing of unicorn horns and implanting them on terra ponies. That didn't work at all. Once we isolated what it was that gave other ponies their magic, we tried transplanting the organ. However our bodies lack the proper support structure and so that failed dismally.

“Next we turned to genetic engineering. Trying to twist our genes so we could produce our own magic. Those that survived, went insane. For a long time we gave up. It was deemed impossible. This was of course over many centuries. A new attempt every so many decades by some optimist who thought he or she had it. And then I came along.

“It was I that found a way to generate magic with machines. It was I that developed machines that could run off a pony's own bio energy. It was I that combined the two together into a device that could finally give a terra pony magic.

“I made a prototype. All I needed was a test subject. Somepony young that could adapt to the implant. I needed you. You were the only foal in the whole sanctuary at the time I deemed young enough.

“Your father objected of course but I won in the end. I implanted the device. Before I could test it however, your father took you away and fled Sanctuary 4. I thought my little experiment was lost forever but here you are.”

Pinkie stood there staring at him. She was a guinea pig in some twisted experiment to give terra ponies magic. She wasn't sure how to feel. She self-consciously rubbed the back of her head where it met her neck. He couldn't be right. He just couldn't!

“But I've never been able to do magic. Ever,” Pinkie said, mostly to herself.

“Well that is the nature of prototypes. They don't always work. After you were gone, I kept at it. It soon became clear that it wasn't enough. They had magic in them but couldn't use it. I solved that problem too. Just some tweaking in the implant. It isn't always successful. Most survive the surgery, but most of the survivors go insane shortly afterwards. But I am making progress all the time. The last two both came out excellent.”

“This is so wrong!” Pinkie shouted. “How can you do that to somepony who can't agree to it?”

“I don't use foals anymore. Age doesn't seem to matter much,” Dr. Axon said simply. "Not that their personal feelings matter to me."

Pinkie was about to respond when her tail began twitching. She quickly rolled out of the way just in time. A crate crashed to the ground right where she was standing. Dr. Axon walked over coolly.

“Sorry!” called a pony from the upper level.

“What was that about no magic?” He said with a smile.

“Wait, my Pinkie Sense is magic?” Pinkie asked.

“Tell me, what is this Pinkie Sense?”

“Well sometimes I get these weird little twitchy feelings that mean different things. Like when my tail twitches it means something's about to fall,” Pinkie explained. “But how is that magic?”

“Let me try something,” Dr. Axon said. From his lab saddle he pulled out a monocular which he stuck in one eye. Then he looked up. “Lad could you drop something else down here?”

“You want me to drop something?” The stallion asked confused.

“Yes!” Dr. Axon replied. The pony shrugged and pushed another crate over the edge right were Pinkie was standing. Her tail twitched and again she rolled out of the way.

“Just as I thought. Your magic reacted when your tail twitched,” Dr. Axon informed her as he put the monocular away.

“What does that mean?”

“I did stick the implant in your central nervous system,” Dr. Axon said thinking. “The magic may be manifesting as some form of clairvoyance or precognition, but instead of visions or reflexes, it uses your body to reveal the future. Fascinating.”

“Twilight just explained to me what your 'Pinkie Sense' is. This actually makes a lot of sense. I'll relay this to them," Gearbox explained over the radio.

“So what are you going to do to me?” Pinkie asked nervously. Who knew what kind of experiments he had planned for the one who got away.

“Nothing,” Dr. Axon replied. At once she was relieved. “Like I said, the implant in you is a prototype. I could remove and upgrade it if you wanted. I've already advanced the tech beyond that to give terra ponies full control over magic. While it is fascinating to see what became of you, I simply don't need you anymore. Enjoy your time in Sanctuary 4 and your little power. Visit me in the lab if you want to upgrade,” he said before walking off. Pinkie stood there and waited until he was out of sight before ducking inside an open room. There was nopony inside.

“Hex Wrench, this is bad, over,” She said.

“I know. If they have magic now this is very dangerous, over.”

“And he said this is Sanctuary 4. That means there are at least 3 more, over,” Pinkie said.

“Well I'm from 2, so yeah. Anything else you can give me? Over."

“There are at least 300 ponies in here. There only seems to be about forty of fifty active guards but they are heavily armed. I don't think the others are fighters.”

Gearbox didn't reply.

Pinkie facehoofed "Over."

“Hmmm. We'll have to see if we can intimidate them into surrendering. That's a lot.”

“There's something else,” Pinkie said making sure there was nopony outside. “All the ponies in here.... They're all dull. Over.”

“What do you mean dull, over?” Gearbox asked.

“Like they lost their color. Like their sadness is in their coats, over.”

“Side effect of the sanctuaries' magic blocking. I've seen this myself. Our bodies simply can't absorb latent magic like the other tribes, resulting in the dimmer coats, among other things. It'll take a few generations outside to fix. That's why I didn't realize you were a terra pony on sight, over.”

“I'm going to do as much recon as I can then return to the bed they gave me. Until then I will maintain radio silence. Sugarbowl out, over.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Okay then," Gearbox said, removing the headphones.

“What did you learn?" Twilight asked.

"It turns out that thing in your friend's head is an implant that generates magic. It's an old one so she can't control it but there are other ponies who can," Gearbox explained.

"Well that's just great," Rainbow Dash grumbled.

“We can't just go in and kill everypony there are a lot of innocent ponies in there,” Gearbox went on.

“We knew there would be civilians. As long as they're not armed they should be fine,” Rainbow Dash said.

"I'd prefer there be no casualties," Twilight stated.

"Agreed," Gearbox added.

"Tell them to surrender and they live. Fight and they die." Greg suggested.

"Can't say we didn't warn them," Rainbow Dash agreed.

“I have a plan on how to attack,” Twilight announced.

“And what would that be sir?” Rainbow Dash growled. She did not normally mind following the unicorn's orders, but this was combat. This was her specialty.

“We're going to rush the entrance. Move as fast as we can. If we can take them by surprise and Pinkie takes control of the door we'll be golden. Trixie and I can stun the ponies once we’re inside,” Twilight explained ignoring the attitude.

“That sounds really risky,” Sticky Hooves commented.

“No it sounds stupid,” Rainbow Dash retorted.

“Princess Luna put me in charge, not you,” Twilight reminded her.

“You don't know the first thing about combat!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“And you have a better plan?” Twilight growled

“I do. Divide and conquer. We have Trixie create a distraction that draws most of them out while the rest of us hit them from the rear. They'll never see it coming. Then we go in and eliminate the rest."

"I like this idea," Greg commented.

“What kind of distraction?" Trixie asked.

"Can you make it seem like there's an army?"

"Trixie is quite good with illusions but I cannot make that many."

"This is a perfect excuse to try my magic amplifier," Gearbox said. He ruffled around in his saddle bags and pulled out a small metal device that resembled a trumpet. He hoofed it over to Trixie. "Put this on your horn," he instructed.

Trixie did so and tested it by sending her magic through the invention.

"Trixie thinks she can do it with this," Trixie said. "They will all look the same but Trixie can make hundreds seem to attack."

"Perfect," Rainbow Dash said with a smirk.

"Okay. We'll go with that," Twilight agreed.

"Twilight, do you know any spells that might help?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I can place down a trap that triggers when enough of them step on it. You just have to be careful because it will affect you too if you're in it," Twilight replied.

"I'll show you where to set it," Rainbow Dash said.

Suddenly the radio came to life. Gearbox picked it up quickly.

“Sugarbowl, this is Hex Wrench, over,” Gearbox spoke into the radio.

“Hex Wrench, we have a problem, over.”

“Have you been compromised, over?”

“No but I just saw a terra pony. He's not dull like the others,” Pinkie said nervously. “I think he might be one of the magic ones, over”

“What makes you say that, over?”

“Well I figured I'm bright but my family is dull too. Since I know I have magic I thought maybe that might have something to do with it. After all it can't be living outside since both my sisters were born after we left, over.”

“Sisters? Hmm. That might account for it. We'll keep our eyes out. Is there only one, over?”

“I've only seen one, over.”

"Sugarbowl... try to make contact. Over."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Scootaloo sat by the Ponyville fountain next to Rriz, waiting for her friends to arrive. As the sun began setting she saw both friends making their way there with their things.

"Rarity didn't want me to go so I told her we would be doing homework," Sweetie Belle informed them.

"Not if it's that World Histories junk. I'm still mad they left out Gold Wings," Scootaloo said defiantly.

"They left her out of your history books?" Rriz said surprised. "Every griffon knows about Gold Wings."

"I know, right?" Scootaloo agreed. "So you girls ready to spend the night in the sky?" Scootaloo asked climbing on her cloud. Her friends smiled and climbed on as well. With a gust of wind they were off. Rriz flew beside them.

It wasn't the same cloud Rainbow Dash had given her so long ago. Like all clouds it began drifting apart long ago so Scootaloo had continually added new cloud to it to keep up the size. As much as she loved being able to ferry her friends she longed to fly on her own. Her wings were still too small. She would never admit it out loud, but she envied Rriz's freedom.

Within a couple minutes the cloud home came into view. She piloted the cloud to the lawn and held it in place with a hardcloud anchor.

"This is so cool!" Sweetie Belle sang.

"Ah've never been in a house made of cloud bahfore!" Apple Bloom said in awe.

"It is nicer than some old club house," Scootaloo said smirking as she unlocked the door and led them in. "Hey, Tank," She greeted the tortoise. He glanced over slowly.

"It must be so cool livin' here. Yah can see all of Ponyville!" Apple Bloom said looking around the white interior.

"Just one rule girls," Scootaloo said talking seriously for a moment. "Don't go in the freezer."

"Why not?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"That's where we hide the bodies," Scootaloo said jokingly.

"Really?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Actually, yeah," Scootaloo admitted.

"So where is your room?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"This way!" Scootaloo called, heading up the stairs, her friends in hot pursuit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Um hi," Pinkie said approaching the blue pony cautiously. He glanced over.

"Ah, a magic sister. I've never met you before. Are you Axon's latest?" he asked.

"No," Pinkie replied. "I'm the first."

"You're one of those Pies? A traitor?" the magic pony sneered. "Good, they finally brought you back here."

"I came back on my own," Pinkie shot back.

"Then why did you come back? The lesser tribes try to kill you or are they just so backwards you couldn't stand it?" Pinkie started to glare at him.

"Keep your head, Sugarbowl!" Gearbox shouted over the radio. Pinkie flinched a bit and hoped the other pony didn't notice.

"What?" the magic pony asked, seeing the other magic pony twitch slightly.

"Uh..." Pinkie stammered. "I just do that sometimes?"

"Figures. You should talk to Axon. I'm sure he can fix you up with a better implant. Clear up any bugs," the terra pony said.

"He already mentioned that," Pinkie replied. "So you all just live here?"

"Yup. It's not great but it beats having to live with the lesser tribes. All that feather and horn nonsense."

"Hey, they're not so bad," Pinkie protested. "I did live with them for a few years."

"And now you're back here," the magic pony pointed out.

"Yeah," Pinkie sighed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I know it's kind of empty but it's not like I have a lot of bits," Scootaloo informed them while opening the door to her room. Since she bought the hardcloud scooter she had hardly bought anything else. She had been too busy training for the tournament to do any extra work.

"Haven't ya pegasuses ever heard of paint?" Apple Bloom commented.

"It's cloud," Scootaloo reminded her earth pony friend. "It's water. You can't paint water."

"But you can hang posters?" Sweetie Belle pointed out.

"The walls are hardcloud. I could paint it, but hardcloud paint is just too expensive," Scootaloo explained.

"So what should we do first?" Apple Bloom asked. “Braid our manes?”

“Paint our hooves?” Sweetie belle suggested.

“None of the above?” Scootaloo groaned. “That’s so girly.”

“Uh... Rriz? Any ideas?” Apple Bloom asked.

"Actually I was wondering what bit you, if you don't mind my asking. I've seen a lot of bite marks but none like those." Rriz asked. He'd been studying the filly intently for several minutes.

"Ah shark," Apple Bloom replied.

"Figures it's a fish. You don't get many of those on mountain tops," Rriz joked. "Still, surviving a shark attack is pretty impressive."

"Oh Ah didn't," Apple Bloom said, enjoying the shock of saying that. "Sweetie Belle here brought me back tah life with a song."

"I got my cutie mark for that," Sweetie Belle added.

"You ponies really care a lot about such a strange thing," Rriz commented.

"Strange? A cutie mark show's who we are and who we're meant to be," Sweetie Belle stated.

"Yeah, but doesn't it bother you how arbitrary that seems? What if you don't like it? You can't exactly change it later like you can with a clan mark. If a griffon doesn't like his clan then he leaves. To me it sounds like you're stuck with what you get."

"But- hmm..." Scootaloo said trying to come up with a rebuttal.

"Yah don't have to only do that yer whole life. Granny Smith's is an apple pie, but she don't bake all the time," Apple Bloom pointed out.

"And if it wasn't something you would like to do, you wouldn't get it anyway," Sweetie Belle added.

"Still. I don't like the idea of my plot dictating what I should be doing," Rriz grumbled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pinkie walked through the complex, a sad look on her face. Everywhere she looked she saw sad ponies. Fillies and colt didn't play. They just sat about. They would watch her as she passed. It was understandable. Her bright pink coat stuck out.

"Excuse me?" One of the fillies, with a faded blue coat, asked Pinkie. "Are you one of those magic ponies?"

"I guess," Pinkie replied.

"Can you make it so we can go outside?" another filly asked.

"Yeah I want to see the sun!" a colt said.

"I want to see clouds!"

"What's rain feel like?"

"I don't want to stay here!"

"I want to see the sun!"

"Please take us outside!"

Pinkie didn't know what to do. All the foals were crowded around her, begging. All these foals being kept in this depressing place. It wasn't right.

"Foals!" She shouted to get their attention. "I Pinkie Promise that tomorrow all of you will get to go outside."

They foals cheered and began talking excitedly.

"Wait!" She shouted again. "First you have to do something. Tonight you have to stay in your beds no matter what happens or what you hear. If your parents try to make you leave or try to leave themselves, tell them they have to stay. It's the only way you can all go outside tomorrow. Make sure to spread the word! Tell all your friends but don't tell the grown ups until tonight so it'll be a surprise!"

The foals nodded but were too excited. Outside! None of them had seen the sun and tomorrow they would get to.

"Hex Wrench I hope you heard that," Pinkie said through the cheers.

"I did. We've made a plan. All you need to do is make sure you have control of the door to keep it open for us. Over."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This chapter is actually much older than the last 8. I had it mostly done before I did the revision and restarted even though it was next so a lot of it kinda hints to that. Like Scootaloo’s joke about bodies. I hadn’t planned on that reveal until later. Rriz wasn’t here, Eclipse didn’t exist, but Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack had marched off to war with a platoon of soldiers. So yeah, there were changes.

It's not stated but the implant is the source of Pinkamena. Just sayin'.

My tumblr, an alternate universe mixing MLP and Cyborg 009.

Forever a Changeling, my latest story starring Rainbow Dash as a changeling.

My other tumblr, a sequel of sorts to Forever a Changeling’s pony ending.

Samurai Applejack, a drastically different kind of story. It’s rated mature for violence and some suggestive lines.

Night of the Werepony, what I consider to be my worst story, but it’s my most popular. It’s just one chapter long.