• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 1,078 Views, 33 Comments

My Very Little Ponyfics - Lurks-no-More



A collection of 300-or-so character ficlets on the subject of Pony.

  • ...
3
 33
 1,078

Slight Adjustment Is Required

I sat on my haunches, looking nervously around, while Zecora read the note I'd given her. Her hut was... interesting, with all the masks and talismans and jars full of herbs and stranger things. I had just started a mental list of all the ingredients I could recognize, when she cleared her throat.

"It seems that Solar Poppy tea is no longer enough for you. Well then, we'll just try something new," Zecora said.

"Ehehehe... I, um, I've been drinking more than you prescribed, and may have built up a tolerance," I admitted, blushing. "It's so good!"

She clucked her tongue but smiled. "It's the finest of teas, that is true. But we'll have to find you another brew!" Turning away from me, Zecora began to rummage through her collection of herbs and medicines, muttering in Savannic under her breath. It was probably a mnemonic of some sort, I thought. Or she might just be calling me a dumbass; Celestia knows I deserve that after the mess over my friendship report...

"The essence of Worrywort might do the trick; it takes effect very quick," Zecora said, showing me a clay jar full of mottled green leaves.

"Sorry, that's out of question. I'm allergic, you see." I'd tried Worrywort back in the college when I had fretted over examinations. It did take away my anxiety, but also turned my coat green and made me giggle madly for days!

Zecora put it away and tapped her chin with a hoof. "I've got black lotus and dreamstraw, but those may be against the law..." Coming to a decision, she took a little glass vial and gave it to me.

"I suggest some dried frog pills. The taste is foul but they cure many ills."

I sighed. "Dried frog pills it is, then. Thanks, Zecora."

Author's Note:

Twilight visits her friendly striped purveyor of psychiatric pharmaceutics & potent potions. This is the only thing I've written where Zecora has a speaking part; her rhyming is too much for me!

The dried frog pills, of course, are a "Diskworld" reference.