• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 2,341 Views, 64 Comments

The Lost Elements Saga - PrismShift



Following a rather dastardly event, the Elements of Harmony find themselves in need of a boat home. And one crew of misfits might just be the ticket home.

  • ...
4
 64
 2,341

Homecoming!

One Piece!
The Lost Elements Saga

Disclaimer: I own neither One Piece nor My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. All rights belong to those with the copyrights. I am just a fan.

0o0

Chapter One: Homecoming

There once was a man named Gold Rodger, who became King of the Pirates. Feared across the seas he was sentenced to execution. Before the deed could be done these were his final words:

“My fortune is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first! I left every thing I own in one piece.”

Since then a great era of pirates has emerged, as countless crews compete to find the legendary treasure that will make their dreams come true.

0o0

Adrift high above the clouds, higher than most pegasus dare to fly, a shadow emerged. Floating down slowly it revealed itself to a surprised crowd. Blue and gold, weathered a mute shade after years of travel a airship came into view. Dents and notches mired the otherwise beautiful craft. Faded from the wear and tear, the words 'Cloud Hopper' could vaguely be seen written across the broad side of the ship. Engines puttered as the propellers moving the vessel started to slow down and teams of trained pegasus moved in to secure the aged thing.

One detail that went unnoticed by all was a red stallion with a muscular build and black eye patch over his right eye sitting on a sparse bridge. Adorning his flank was a symbol of a compass rose and a golden set of armor rolled over his haunches. A grimace of heartfelt intent was how he held his face. Next to him sat a lanky zebra, which pulled a zipper up it's stomach to its chest before tucking the metal bit under its fur. A musical note with feathered wings sat on the zebra's flank.

“Rhyme,” sighed the red stallion. “Go make sure the others are getting into costume too. We're finally here,” he said taking a deep breath, his grimace turning into a frown.

“We've finally made it to Canterlot. We've finally made it back to Equestria.”

0o0

Canterlot was always a pretty active place. The seat of Equestria's power and home to most of the Alicorn Royalty, the city was the most cultured, powerful, and wealthy place in the entire land. However in the last few days the city had seen a huge influx of travelers all wanting to see the spectacle of the year. From the elite of Fillydelphia to the settlers of Apploosa, it seemed everyone was coming to see it at least once. Even some precious heroes couldn't find the strength to resist the call.

Struggling through a large crowd, seven close friends made their way off the train running to Canterlot from Ponyville. And at the forefront was a orange pony who rather enjoyed a challenge and a hard day's work.
“Just look at all these ponies, girls! Ah just don't see us clearing a path with anything short of a stampede.”

“No sweat Applejack,” grinned a rainbow maned pegasus. “You just have to know how to strut your stuff- show the herd who's in charge.” Hovering up the boastful mare immediately went about 'strutting her stuff.'

“Move it! Come on, make way fillies and colts! To the left; very important ponies coming through!” Though being a little brash the tactic seemed to work as the crowd made way for the group of friends.

Amongst them a white unicorn humphed while another pegasus, yellow with pink hair, made a quiet gasp.

“Really Rainbow? Must you make such a crude scene? This is Canterlot- birthplace of sophistication! Try to act like a lady at least a liitle bit while you are here, please?” This came from the magical fashion expert as a short, purple biped tagging just behind her with a stack of luggage.

Immediately after the yellow, pink maned whispered a chastening too. “Yo-you are being a little rude, Rainbow Dash; oh, not that there is anything wrong with that, just you could hurt someponies feelings.”

Rainbow Dash, for rebuttal, just snorted with upturned eyes. “Okay, whatever.”

“Careful Spike!” chirped another of the group as a purple unicorn with wings used magic to help keep the purple lizards load upright. “Rarity and Fluttershy are right Rainbow Dash. There is no need to hurry; the princess requested we come here tomorrow, so by getting us here a day early I am getting us time to relax.” She, the Princess Twilight Sparkle, smirked as she levitated up a schedule for her flying friend to see. “This is a happy occasion anyway- so while I can't believe I am the one to be saying this but- let's not stress ourselves.”

Stopping to ponder a moment the rainbow haired flier landed next to her friends with a smile. “I guess if you're the one saying that then I can relax. Where's Pinkie though?” Dash asked after realizing their bubbly friend was missing.

Only for the energetic pony to spring out of the top most bag of luggage Spike was carrying, without causing the pile to fall over. “Here I am!” yelled the pink earth pony. “I win that round Dashie.”

A collective pause settled over the group as the formerly hiding friend did a front flip out of the case and onto the ground to start bouncing in place. “Pinkie Pie,” more than one of the friends started, “you are so random.”

Twilight just giggled at the situation before ushering her friends forward. “Come on guys, let's head outside,” she said as they moved out of they exited the train station. “I really wan to se- THE CLOUD HOPPER!” The new princess squealed in delight. Her friends immediately followed their giddy friend's gaze to a blue-gold airship docked into the palace itself. “The first pony vessel to cross the Neighpon Fall and return- and we're going to meet its captain ourselves; it's so unreal,” she continued.

“Captain Trotter and his crew have been places no other pony has ever seen. Fourteen years girls- fourteen years of new logs and journals and data. I just can't wait to learn all the new discoveries.”

Rarity nodded at her friend, agreeing. “So true darling; and who knows what new materials the noble captain has returned with!” the unicorn suggested with a squeal of glee all her own. “Silks, satin, and dyes- oh just imagine what I can do with something new; I wonder if I can get an exclusive deal for goods from the esteemed captain.”

The rest of the group giggled at the sight of Rarities fashion fantasy. Spike's stomach interrupted them though with grumbling. “Heh, personally I just wonder if he brought back any kind of new gems to eat. How awesome would it be try a gem no other dragon has.”

“Ah hear ya Spike,” Applejack said. “Ah'm kinda hoping myself he has brought back some new kind of apple or at least knows of any good farm land beyond the Fall. The Apple family is always looking to plant another farm.”

Rainbow Dash groaned. “Really Applejack? Farmland? This Captain Trotter guy seas a whole new part of the world and you want to ask him about places to grow trees? Lame. Me?- I want to ask this colt about the adventures he had! The way I figure he's like a living Daring Do; wouldn't you agree Fluttershy?”

The timid pony only nodded with a small smile. “I suppose so,” she answered softly. “I actually really want to hear about all the new animals he's seen. That's of course if he doesn't mind answering I mean.”

“~That's great Fluttershy!~” hummed Pinkie Pie. “I want ask him important questions though: what kind of parties are out there, how often do they happen, how are they supplied on sweets, did he find the fourth wall, how do I get invited- you know, the real great questions of our time.” The pink mare went back to humming to herself as she bounced ahead of her friends, stopping only to say one line.

“Can we please hurry to the palace now?”

0o0

In the glittering halls of Canterlot dead Celestia lays dreaming- oh wait, my apologies; wrong story. However it might as well have been the case.

The past four days had left Celestia and to a lesser extent Luna exhausted. Captain Trotter’s expedition had been considered a failure not long after launch, with no word ever having been sent back to Canterlot. And when the hopefully five year long voyage turned into a fourteen year old mystery the Sun regent had of course given up hope that anyone would ever come back. And yet here the Cloud Hopper was docked, in her very own palace. Her hoof was in her figurative mouth.

However that alone wasn't what was exhausting. Rather what was tiring was her sitting her throne room for hours on end to answer questions and prepare a proper showcase for the expedition. The thing she was attempting now.

“No, while I know originally Captain Trotter promised to release all of his findings tonight, he humbly requested last night to postpone that until tomorrow. I am sorry, Fresh Press; try back tomorrow night. “ A dejected journalist turned to leave, a smiling red stallion marching in to take the last ponies place.

“I do hope I am not causing a headache on your behalf Princess; I just needed some rest before I come forward with what I have found,” Trotter said to Celestia, who smiled back. She looked the unicorn in front of her over again, comparing his current self to the younger Trotter she had stored in her head. Much to her joys there appeared little that changed. He still had the large, fit build he left with, comparable to anyone of her Royal Guards. The armor plate on his haunches was new but similar to a piece he left with, just larger. His face was still plastered with a hard to bury grin, making her smile back. His black mane and tail was just starting to gray, a peppered-ash look about it now.

The only thing that had really changed about Captain Trotter from memory was the eye patch on his face, something that made her wince the slightest each time she looked at it. Not that Trotter seemed to mind it. He seemed to pretend it didn't even exist at times.

“Worry about nothing Trotter. You have had a very long voyage,” Celestia went on. “Take as much time as you need to settle back in before you feel obliged to talk.”

“Thank you, very much. I really could do with the rest. And not to mention the catching up I have to do- Luna, Discord, the Elements of Harmony-”

“Just walked in,” interrupted Celestia with a smile.

“What?” Trotter asked only to turn around and come face to face with six young mares and a baby dragon marching up to them. Twilight Sparkle ran ahead of the others to Celestia to give her a hung.

“Twilight! What are you doing here so early?” Celetia asked in delighted surprised. The rest of the bearers stepped up closer, Trotter retreating to the side to give them space.

“Well,” Twilight began, “I figured, with the influx of tourists to see the Cloud Hopper we'd come a day earlier to make sure we'd be on time for tomorrow.” She smiled somewhat nervously. “I hope that is fine with you?”

“Of course it is Twilight.” Celestia stood up then from her ----- and gestured towards Trotter. “My little ponies: meet Captain Trotter, leader and volunteer of the Cloud Hopper Expedition. Trotter, these are the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony- Princess Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash. There is also Spike, faithful dragon and friend to my pupil.”

Spike felt himself blush at the last comment.

“I must say Captain Trotter,” spoke Rarity for the group, “you are a very brave and noble pony to travel unknown territory. You deserve any and all recognition.”

Twilight nodded along. “She is completely right. You're a hero in the eyes of Equestria!”

Soon a chorus began as the group acknowledged him for his daring deeds, only for him to deny them all. “I am afraid you are quite wrong,” Trotter said. “I am no hero.” He said so still wearing a very kind smile. “You are. All of you. You have done more for Equestria in three short years than I have done in fourteen. I'm just a adventurous achiever that has been away from home a very long time.”

0o0

Out on a island, far away from Equestria as can be, a young man in a straw hat watched the night sky.

“Two more days. Just two more days and we will be a crew again, guys. Wait for me.”