• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 2,875 Views, 11 Comments

My Sky Blue Angel - Techogre



Will Big Mac's love of Rainbow Dash be unrequited?

  • ...
9
 11
 2,875

Chapter 1

The sun's beating down on my shoulders, but I'm used to it. I've been working at Sweet Apple Acres all my life, and I wouldn't want it any other way. A lot of ponies think I'm a little slow because I don't flap my gums all day, but I help Applejack run this place as much by pulling a plough as balancing the books. Heck, I've got more book learning than she does, but education was never something that was appreciated in the Apple household, especially if you were big and had a strong back. They named me Big Macintosh for a reason.

Applebucking season is over and ploughing begins. It's hard work, but it also gives me time to think. My body knows what to do and it lets me think of her. She and Applejack were always competing and always had a friendly rivalry over something, but they were best friends. And I longed after her from the sidelines. She was always so graceful, so beautiful, so strong. I never had the guts to court her. I never felt I was good enough.

And then that thing, Alex, came along. I've got to admit he riled me good with that courting Applejack crack. Then he gave me a talking-to. Me! I could have squashed him like a bug. But, he did try to make amends, and he did work his flank off. That counts for something, I guess.

Later, when me and Applejack had a talk that night she told me he's a good soul, kind, generous, always looking out for others. I guess I don't have any reason to quarrel with him, really. But recently whenever Miss Rainbow Dash was visiting with Applejack, all she talked about was him. Said that even though he was physically weak he always did the right thing, no matter the cost. He was brave and smart. She said he had spirit.

Spirit. What good is spirit if you can't apple buck, if you've got no strength? I don't think I would be so... so... well, I don't know what I feel. Jealous? No. Angry? I guess. Papa always said anger will eat a stallion on the inside. Would I have felt the same if it had been some pony stallion? Somepony normal? If I'm honest with myself, I have to say I would not have been so disgusted by her choice.

And now, Applejack told me she’s fallen in love with him. Him! And she plans on proclaiming her love soon. What can I do? Do I charge ahead like a love-sick teenager, or do I stand my ground and let her know my feelings? Or do I stand aside...

I look up from my ploughing and I see her, high in the sky. A streak of cyan and a trail of rainbow. She's practising those tricks of hers, getting better. It always makes me smile to see her grace, her beauty, her strength. We could have made fine foals.

So, when my ploughing is done, I'm going to have a talk with Mr Alex Roberts. Make sure he's worthy of her, my sky-blue angel.

Comments ( 11 )

I hope Big Macintosh gets his talk with Alex in the future. :twilightsmile:
And Applejack loves Alex ... . Sweet apples, things are going to get interesting. :pinkiehappy:

Who was the art from?

345444

Gah! I'll be taking it down (the art, not the story). I can't remember where I got it from. Thanks for the morality, Jiminy Cricket. (I mean that is a good way!)

346105

I mean, I really should credit the artist. It takes a lot of work to make that, least I should do is credit them. :facehoof:

346149 I was just wondering where the art came from, and I was confused about the Jimminy Cricket comment (yes, I know who that is).


~Jack

346159

You reminded me that crediting the artist is the right thing to do. :fluttercry:

346173 That is a good thing. :derpytongue2:

437088 These feels are jealously, hate, rage, and love.:moustache:

finally got to reading this tail its nice to have all so many pov's for the story(the main one) but now I feel for mac:fluttercry:

Login or register to comment