• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 2,311 Views, 77 Comments

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Petrichor

  • ...
7
 77
 2,311

Meeting the Princess

“Wake up. Wake up!”

You silently groaned as you heard an unfamiliar female voice. Your eyes shot open instinctively upon hearing the command, but recoiled as your eyes started to adjust to the blinding flash of light that greeted you. As your vision started to clear, you lifted yourself from your resting position and began to search for the voice that sounded so alien to you. Feeling a bit light headed, you tried to piece together what the heck was going on. You heard a beeping sound that synchronized with the tempo of your increasing heart rate, which lead you to the conclusion that you were in a hospital. You looked over to the machine that gave off the only sound in the room. Next to it was another machine which looked similar to that of an EEG. You silently wondered why they would hook you up to one of those. You had hoped nothing traumatic happened to your brain. Before you could look around some more, a gentle clopping sound could be heard next to your bedside.

What in the world? Why are there horses in a hospital? What kind of hospital is this?

Turing your attention to the new sound, you noticed a pony dressed in a nurse’s outfit. If that wasn’t weird enough for you, the tattoo on its flank of a red cross completely baffled you. Each detail you saw, the weirder it got. With large orange eyes, bright yellow mane, and a beautiful white coat, it looked very cartoonish to you. If you weren’t so awestruck, you would probably stifle a giggle. Probably the strangest part of the alien pony’s anatomy was its size. It probably could barely pass your knees on all fours and barely pass your waist on its hind legs.

While trying to take the sight in and process it, you noticed the pony’s lips begin to part as if it was going to talk. Ha, I must be going crazy! Suddenly you hear the same voice you heard earlier. “Glad to see you’re awake. Princess Celestia is waiting for you.” Your eyes widen in fascination and denial. She smiles at you as if she knew she would get that sort of reaction.

Wait! She said Princess Celestia! Now why does that name sound so familiar?

Her smile disappears. “Well come on now, she doesn’t have all day,” she demanded. You look at her with a bit of confusion. “Don’t worry,” she continued. “The Princess will explain everything when you meet her.”

She unhooked you from all of the hospital machines and a temporary flat-line sound came from the heart monitor before she quickly turned it off. You slowly got up from the bed you were sitting on, hoping it didn’t aggravate your light-headedness. You turn to the small equine and managed to utter a weak “Thank you.”

“It’s no problem dear; I am a nurse after all. Now, please hurry. It’s imperative you talk to the Princess at once.” She notified you that there was a pair of guards waiting outside the room to escort you to the Princess. Without a second thought, you thanked her again and waved goodbye.

Just like she had said, there were two guards standing outside waiting. They both looked very much alike. Both had white coats and golden armor that covered their head and hid their mane. They were bigger than the nurse (a size you were much better accustomed to back on earth), reaching up to your waist. Both had a serious look plastered on their faces asserting their dominance over anything that crossed them. Their stoic nature made you somewhat nervous. Showing off a slight grin to ease the tension, you spoke first, “So you must be the guards that take me to Princess Celestia?”

They nodded their heads in unison, but didn’t change their facial expressions. They turned their backs to you and began walking. It didn’t take you long to follow suit. Left to your own thoughts, your nervousness faded rather quickly. You couldn’t help but think how uncanny it was that they reminded you of those British guards that stood at attention for hours on end.

You took a moment to analyze your surroundings as you followed the guards. From what you could tell, you were in a castle. With its spacious hallways, red carpet, medieval décor, and a ceiling that not even you can reach if there were five of you stacked on one another, you wondered why the place was so big for such small ponies. You started to feel out of place, especially when you noticed what you were wearing. A plain black tee-shirt and black slacks didn’t seem like the appropriate attire to meet a princess.

Come to think of it, you still haven’t wondered why you were going to meet this Princess Celestia in a place where there were talking ponies, or how you even got here in the first place. You scratched your head and tried to retrieve any memories prior to waking up in such a weird place. Unfortunately, all that did was give you a headache. You silently cursed under your breath for your apparent amnesia.

You quietly followed the guards up to a pair of double doors that reached to the top of the ceiling. One of the guards turned to you. With his assertive yet passive stare he told you that the Princess was waiting for you beyond these doors. You nodded and began to open the door, but before you could, the same guard raised his hoof and pushed you back a bit. “Although we aren’t allowed to join you upon the Princess’s request, we won’t show mercy if you harm her in any way,” he said with a scowl. You nodded once again and swallowed a bit of your saliva.

The two guards then granted me access and stood guard on either side of the pair of doors. The doors opened for you slowly screeching slightly as they did. Upon walking inside, you noticed stained glass windows with different designs on them. Three of the windows contained six ponies attacking different entities that you perceived to be evil. You weren’t sure if the six ponies were worshipped to be gods, or whether they were important events that had happened over the course of their history.

You broke your gaze from the windows and examined the rest of the room. It was very spacious, with no decorations other than the windows. You frowned slightly and thought of it as a waste of space. The floor was made of marble and a red carpet graced the center of the floor which stretched the entire length of the room. Other than that, there wasn’t anything special.

You started walking forward. Your attention came back to the windows that ran along the room. You could have sworn that something about the designs looked familiar to you. One of the glass windows caught your eye. Painted on the window was a creature with the head of a pony and a body made up of all sorts of things. The next window showed the six ponies defeating the creature. You stopped in front of it and stared at it. You stared, and stared, and stared…and stared some more. Finally something snapped in your head.

I remember!

This was from a show that you had seen. It wasn’t any show though; it was your favorite show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Although it was a show mainly intended for little girls, you still watched it for various reasons: character development, animations, valuable lessons that could be learned, Rainbow Dash, the epic adventures the ponies had…

Your heart skipped a beat for a moment. Despite being a fan of the show and always visiting such a pristine world, why were you even here anyways? You thought of the logical, yet cliché argument of being in a dream. Pastel colored ponies don’t exist…at least not in your universe. You thought back for a moment and visualized the nurse when you first woke up. Despite her being colorful, you remember making out certain nuances that were never animated in the show. You remembered…

“Oh come now human. I can assure you that everything you see and feel is real.” A sweet, regal motherly voice came from behind you. You turned and immediately recognized it as none other than Princess Celestia. You could feel gravity take hold of your jaw and words forming in your head, but not forming the phonemes necessary to speak. She slightly giggled at your surprised look. Her gentle giggle was able to snap you out of your trance. You bowed out of respect. After all, you were technically trespassing on her land.

“Well, aren’t we respectful,” she said. “It isn’t necessary, though I do appreciate the gesture.”

It took you a bit to form the next words from your mouth. You have never spoken to royalty in your short life. “Um…well I was just figuring…that it is your land after all. It would be rude for me not to.”

She gave a slight chuckle. “Well thank you. My name is Princess Celestia, ruler and goddess of Equestria, but you probably already knew that. What is your name?”

You told her your name.

“Well I’m glad to see you made the trip over to our world just fine. I’m pretty sure that you had amnesia as a result. Dragging someone out of their universe to another tends to have that side-effect.”

You nodded. “I did for a bit, but now I remember. So how did I exactly get here again?”

“I transported you hear because this world needs your help.”

Author's Note:

There have been major revisions to this story as you can tell. Instead of the constant flips between the first and third person POV, I have settled for the second person. As difficult as a second person POV is, I believe I excel at this type of writing style. There will be more major revisions as the chapters come, but the general plot of the story will be the same.

Comments ( 12 )

This is actually ... quite good.Your grammar is fine, better than mine at least. :twilightsmile:

Well, if you're writing this because you lost a bet, then I feel sorry for you. I learned a great lesson not so long ago: never take on any bet ever again. :pinkiecrazy:

But enough about me, I think that this story could become quite good. But you only should continue it if you want, there is no need to force yourself to write. But if you do want to continue: I wish you luck.

I wait eagerly for a second chapter. :pinkiehappy:

P.S.: Don't question your writing, but if you do think it could be improved ... ask for someone to test read it. That is my advice. Also, take my 4 stars of encouragament! :twilightsmile:

199883

Haha! That is some pretty good advice. I will never make a bet again. The only problem is if I am able to keep higher than a 2.5 average rating, I have to continue the story. That was another condition on my bet.

On a side note, thank you for the encouragement and everything else. I'll try not to disappoint you. Let's see what monstrosities I can come up with. :pinkiecrazy:

* Gives 5 stars *
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA :pinkiecrazy:

Sometimes being evil pays off. :twilightsmile:
Well, it pays off for me and that's what counts right ... right? :derpyderp1:

Very good. Also nice MW2 reference.

Very good. Also nice MW2 reference.

Wow, this is really good!!
keep it up

The tenses at the beginning need to be fixed :twilightoops:

Yes. Tea
Tea solves everything

stupid amnesia! why u be such a good laxa... oh wait.

i'm liking this tracking like a missile :rainbowdetermined2:

:derpyderp2: This FanFic was life changing. Please write more?

Didn't this used to have A LOT more chapters or is it just me?
:derpyderp1::derpyderp1:

Login or register to comment