• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 11,129 Views, 944 Comments

Equestria: A Flux Tale - Star Sage



A Tiny Human lands in Equestria. Why? What? Who? Questions to be answered, and a quest to be found.

  • ...
47
 944
 11,129

PreviousChapters Next
A Not So Silent Night

"If it's all the same to you ladies, I think it will be safer for me to sleep away from others," you tell them, and both of them look at each other, and then back to you, before nodding.

"Not a bad suggestion. Octy does kick in her sleep sometimes, and that could send you flying!" said Vinyl with a smirk, mimicking a kicking motion with her back hoof, at least until Octavia puts her under a withering stare, before turning back to you and smiling sweetly.

"Well then, I suppose it is to bed with us. Hopefully, the Princesses arrive later in the morning, so we can freshen up before they get here. For now though, good night," she said, and leaned down, picking you up again and placing you on the couch she'd been laying on. Just before she pulls away, her lips purse together, and she plants a soft kiss on the top of your head, smiling down at you.. Vinyl giggles at her for it, and even in the quickly darkening living room, as the last of the sun sets out the window, and everything is case into darkness, you can see Octavia blush a bit, before running for the bedroom in the back of the house.

"Night little guy. Sleep tight, don't let the square bugs bite," she tells you, trotting off after Octavia. Looking after them, you see the door shut, with a gentle click, but then hear some raised voices, making you wonder how the pair slept together....and then banish that thought, wondering what the guys on the net would think about such a pairing, as you begin to strip off your clothing, setting the shoes to the side, and getting down until you're wearing nothing again, before walking towards the pillow at the end and laying in it, finding a small frilly edge to be good enough for a small blanket, and starting to drift off to sleep.

You don't dream, as you'd thought before, and are drifting again in the void. Nothingness about you, or within, and so, when something intrudes on the void, you bolt upright, always able to go from sleep to waking within moments, though taking longer to go to sleep usually than you had tonight. Probably the lack of a TV, the light of which you usually slept to. Still, insomnia aside, something had woken you up, and looking around, you realize it was a noise, something rattling in the distance. Taking a peek over the chair of the couch, you quickly come to the conclusion that it is the door, and hide under the pillow, not sure what to think, as the rattling increases, and then a click is heard as the door opens.

"-ill not sure we should be doing this Doctor. I mean, this is somepony's house, and we're breaking in. This can't be legal," says a voice you don't recognize, though it's obviously female.

"Oh Derpy, I told you, we're not going to take anything, we just need to have a look around. Besides, you said that you, Sparkler, and Dinky heard that radio pony say human, right?" says a male voice in response, one you recognize...though it wasn't possible. Really, it wasn't. He wasn't on the show, and he certainly....curiosity piqued, you can't resist looking over the chair, briefly, to see two shadow figures in the door way, which one is gently closing behind them. One is an earth pony, with a brown, you think, coat, while the other is a gray/blue pegasus, neither of which is looking toward you, as they converse in whispers between themselves.

"Well, yeah, I know what I heard, but I don't see why we have to meet him. Didn't you say humans were violent, destructive, and not to be trusted?" says the pegasus girl, as she starts to look around.

"Oh, that's just the bad ones, there's ones like that in any species...except ponies, though I haven't met every pony, so there might be some like that too. But regardless. A human, here, in Equestria, don't you think that's just brilliant?" says the male, and the last word just...it's David Tennant...well, considering the coloring, it was Doctor Whooves, but that wasn't possible. You'd heard him speak in one episode, and he'd sounded nothing like the Doctor, well, maybe the fifth Doctor, but certainly not the Tenth, which was who he sounded exactly like now.

"I don't know....but does this mean you're thinking of leaving again?" she asks, sounding quite sad, and you watch as the Doctor suddenly stops, and turns back to her, putting his hoof below her muzzle, and bringing her face up to stare directly into his own eyes.

"Oh, Derpy, no, no, a thousand times no. I just....I just have to know. Is he a human? How did he get here? And what was with that morbid song he was singing?" he said, his face coming to nuzzle hers, in what would have been a rather tender moment, if you yourself weren't a cynic who believed love was dead, and thought that was a good thing. Still, he starts to look around, and still looking concerned at him every once in a while, Derpy Hooves follows suit. As he comes close to the couch, having not spotted you yet, you get an idea. A horrible, nasty idea. An awful, terrible just retched idea, but you can't help but smile at it. Still, it's a great prank, and you can't help but want to do it.

“EX-TER-MEN-ATE!!!” you shout, popping up onto the arm of the couch you’d been sleeping on, and smiling.

"Oh dear Gallifry no!" shouts the Doctor, hopping back from you, as you fall back onto the couch laughing. You just couldn't help yourself. So many hours watching the show at home had left you with that being the one phrase you remembered over the years. Derpy instantly spins around to find you on the couch, and as you laugh yourself silly, looks mad at you. You quickly pull yourself together, as Derpy Hooves mad looks quite horrifying, though having to pause to wipe a tear from your eye.

"I apologize Doctor, but I have always wanted to pull that on someone who would actually appreciate it," you tell him, standing up, and then walking over to the pile of clothing, slipping on the underwear and pants at least, letting your slight laughing fits die completely, before turning to face him. He seems to have composed himself as well, his mane no longer sticking straight out, though a bit frazzled at the ends, and his eyes no longer wide and darting around.

"I accept your apology, but please don't do that again. I don't think my hearts can take it," he says, holding a hoof to his chest, before suddenly eying you.

"So, you've met the Daleks then. Was it them who brought you here?" he asks, settling into business. Idly, you wonder why his shouting hadn't awakened Vinyl and Octavia, but a quick listen tells you that Vinyl's snoring was still louder than the Doctor, and it was likely Octavia slept with ear plugs against it.

"Actually, I have no idea what brought me here. One minutes, I was asleep in my bed, not really caring about anything. Next 'poof' I'm in Ponyville, land of magic, whimsy, and friendship. And also the size of a bug, which, luckily, I grew out of thanks to Ms. Sparkle, though not all the way, as you can see," you tell, him, gesturing to yourself to indicate your limited stature.

"Yes, I was going to question that," said the Doctor, and Derpy flutters over to stand next to him, as they stare down at you from just beside the couch.

"So humans aren't normally this small then?" she asks.

"Oh...probably not. I mean, who's to say really, but most of the people on my world assume a standing pony on all fours is about three feet tall, meaning you'd be looking up at me if I was my usual height," you tell her, trying to stand up taller, only to find the couch cushion deforming a bit too much, and sending you sprawling onto your back.

"People on your world? So there is regular transport between Earth and this world then?" asks the Doctor, a hopeful note in his voice.

"Not really, just a TV show that's big on the net, and since I tend to live through my computer, I got caught up in it. It's called My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic. I've been debating as to whether I'm nuts and just hallucinating this whole thing, or if I really have been transported to another world. Still not sure, but with you here, I'm placing another vote to the second category for now," you explain to him. The fourth wall be darned, this is the Doctor, he's made a habit of acting like a loon, and just trotting about the universe having fun.

"Oh? I never heard of it on my visits, but from the accent, I assume it's an American thing, right?" he asks.

"It is, but then, Doctor Who is a British TV show too. So I know about you too...up to about halfway through the season after the End of Time. Didn't care for Doctor number eleven myself. Seems nice, but a bit too....absent minded," you tell him simply.

"Wait? I'm a TV show on your world?!" he says rather indignantly. Then again, this wasn't the first time that had happened, and was never fun for him, since the versions humans made of his adventures tended to be skewed towards a certain point of view.

"Yep. Pony's, Doctor's, all I need is to find Cybertron, and I've got a whole pop culture bingo card full. By the way, you haven't run into any giant fighting robots that change into cars, trucks, and various others things, have you?" you ask, and the pair shake their heads, "Pity, I really wanted to ask Optimus Prime a question."

"So, let me get this straight, you're human," you nod, "From an Earth wherein this world, and my own life, are merely programes on the telly," another nod, "And yet you're just sitting there, barely freaking out about this. You're remarkably calm for a human."

"No, I'm just jaded. Like I said, the possibility exists that I've just lost my last tenuous grip on reality, and none of this is happening. That I'm actually sitting in a padded cell, staring at a blank wall, while spit dribbles down my chin," you explain.

"And you choose to ignore it?" he asks.

"Nope, I figure, if I am insane, why suffer from it? I'd rather enjoy every minute of it. Oh, that reminds me, since you're alone, I assume you dropped Martha off back on Earth after having defeated the Master with the Tinker Bell Jesus shtick you pull, right?" you asked him in response.

"Tinker Bell...oh! That's actually kind of clever. Silly, but clever. And yes, why?" he says, keeping the question for question going.

"Well, just curious. And you did the bit with the Doctor Donna, right?" you say, the round continuing.

"You mean with the Daleks? Yes, that was literally seconds before I came here, trying to...what happens next?" his musing ending as he looks at you seriously for a moment.

"Master comes back, but that's because you're there...sort of, and Evil Time Lord Evil Guy tries to use him to break The Moment you trapped your people in to win the Time War. It doesn't end well for him, or the Master for that matter. Still, you won, saved the universe, and got to tie up everything in your life, before regenerating due to events," you tell him, trying to hide emotion. You'd actually quite liked that Finale, which was why you didn't particularly care for the new Doctor.

"So....when I return, I really will end up...." he trails off, but then leans over to Ditzy and curls a foreleg around her, hugging her tightly.

"Possibly. But really, who's to say. This could all be my diseased mind. Or it could be that none of that will happen to this version of you. Maybe you're not the one from the show back home. Maybe this is a completely alternate timeline, and you're a branch from the same tree that is, the Doctor," you tell him, trying to sound hopeful, after all, he is a good man, you know that much, but you yourself are feeling a bit down. The Doctor, a Time Lord, couldn't escape this place. Does that mean you're stuck here forever? I mean, you've had those thoughts before, but this time, you know someone who should be able to leave can't, and he at least knew how he came here, you don't have a clue, and that means you could be trapped here, and this size, forever.

"There is that. Still, it's a bit depressing to learn I still can't make it home," he said sadly.

"Home is where you lay your hat at night, and the bed you share with someone you love. It is not a place, a time, or a thing. Home is a feeling you get deep in your heart, a warmth that goes from the tips of your toes, to the end of your nose. It's something that you can always find, if you know how to look for it," you tell him, not sure if it was a quote you remembered, or if you were making it up. Either way though, it sounds right, and he and Derpy nods at the thought.

"Thanks, I needed that. Though I suppose I should leave now. I do hope we can speak again later, but sunrise is in a few hours, and I've heard tell from the party loving pony that the Princesses are scheduled to make an appearance, and I want to get the TARDIS farther away from Ponyville, just to be safe. If you're here when I get back, I would like to talk more," he tells you, before starting for the door. Ditzy, looking after him, turns toward you, and whispers at you.

"Thanks from me too. He's been a bit down since that last time he tried to get back to Earth, but he seems, 'chipper' again now," he tells you, and you get another pony kiss, this one a bit wetter than before, and then she flutters after him, the door gently shutting behind the pair.

"I really need to start carrying around a towel," you say to yourself, as you rub your head on the pillow to dry it off, and then start to undress again, before returning to try and sleep, the Void taking you after a few moments.

The Void is disturbed again what feels like only moments later in its timelessness, and your eyes pop open to see the two musical ponies moving around the house, Octavia moving a brush through her hair with one of her hooves while hobbling along on three legs, while Vinyl is busy brushing her teeth, the loud scratching sound of the bristles over her molars actually quite grating. Of course this only serves to remind you of your nudity, but then, that's getting to be such a regular thing you wonder if you should just go out in your birthday suit. At least until you feel a cold breeze, and decide that Equestria isn't a place a human should ever try that particular lifestyle. So thinking you go to the pile of clothing, and quickly toss it all on, straightening it out and trying to make yourself look presentable, however difficult that is.

"Good morning, good morning, you've slept the whole night through. Good morning, good morning, to you!" you sing loudly as you get the last bits on, and the two turn to you, look at each other, and then proceed about their tasks. Obviously, they were in no mood to joke around, or to sing. Either they weren't morning people, or they were nervous about the visit of their goddesses. Both are actually likely, as Vinyl described their going to bed just after it got dark as 'early' last night, even though the sun had gone down, so they might have schedules analogous to those of musicians on your own world. So thinking, you let the pair continue their rituals, watching as Vinyl slips on her glasses, and Octavia puts on her tie, before the two finally turn back to you.

"You seem to be in a good mood this morning," comments Octavia as she leans down, and picks you up in her mouth again, before setting you gently on her back, so you can grab her mane and ride her once again.

"Why shouldn't I be? I could be going home today. If not, than I can at least ask if they can grow me back to normal. Heck, failing even that, they might at least be able to figure out a way to make me fly. If Twilight can give Rarity wings, surely the Princesses can do the same for me. If I ask nicely enough," you comment, and the pair nod, neither noticing that you have information they do not about a local. Not that you care anymore. Doctor Who is in this world. What's more, he has a companion, and what sounded like, when you thought about it, a family. That makes you a little less nervous about the fourth wall breaking. It does, however, still keep you from directly telling anyone they're cartoon characters...at least for now.

"Come on Tavia, we have to go. I hear the Princesses are already in town at that nerd girl's library," says Vinyl standing by the door, causing Octavia to sigh again as she trots towards her.

"'Nerd Girl' has a name, and since she's Celestia's protege you had best remember it, Twilight Sparkle. I expect you to be a bit more formal this time as well. This isn't our show, Vinyl, and I don't want you making fun of the Princesses in front of a crowd," scolds the grey pony as she comes up beside the white.

"I know this isn't the show, and believe me, I'm not gonna do nothing that could get her to get mad at me today. After all, if she's in a good mood, it makes it more likely she'll help our little friend here," she says, nodding her head towards you.

"So, you do care what happens to him then? After that whole idea for a show with him, I'd figured you'd want him to stay here forever and be your little pet," Octavia jibs, smirking at Vinyl, who blushes a bit.

"Well, yeah, I'd love it if he stayed, sure, I mean, you said he was cute, didn't you?" Vinyl gets back, and from her turned head, you can see Octavia blushing, a bit redder than Vinyl, though she quickly turns her head to face forward so you can't see it anymore.

"Uh, I was merely...commenting on aesthetics of his clothing, yes, that's it. Besides, even if I do think he's cute, he really should return to his own world. I'm sure he's as lost here, as we would be on his own world," she tells Vinyl, before using her mouth to open the door, and the pair start out towards the daylight, that leaves you blinded for a moment, before you blink against it, and can see clearly again.

"I hadn't thought about that. Well, I suppose. But what about his opinion? Do you wanna stay with us forever, little guy?" Vinyl asks you, and you stop to consider. Life, in your world, is boring, to the extreme. You have a job, you go to it, you go to school to get a better job later. You deal with your family, you hang out online. Even when you do something random, like skipping town for the night to go to a casino or something, it's always back to the normal stuff when you're done. Here, there's a chance for something different. Sure, it's mundane in its own way, but really, it's still new to you. Heck, maybe you can even travel to other worlds. You did always want to meet Picard of Star Trek, or go to the Star Wars universe, or maybe you can ride along with the Doctor for a while, or even find that endless party from the Hitchhiker's Guide books.

"Heh, I'd have to think about it. But if I can't get home, maybe I can start tooling around the multiverse. How'd you girls like to join me on that?" you ask them, and Vinyl, for her part, grins broadly, obviously up for an adventure. You can't see Octavia's face, but she's making an hmm type of noise, so she's obviously considering it. Before she can give you an answer though, the pair turn a corner and are again looking at the library, to find two chariots, Celestia's golden one drawn by white pegasi in shining armor, and Luna's obsidian one, drawn by black, bat winged ponies, their armor shiny, but in a way that seems to suck up the light.

"Well, looks like the Princesses are already here, just like Vinyl heard from Pinkie Pie. I do hope Celestia has forgiven us for that interview," said Octavia after pausing in mid trot for a moment, and then starting forward again. Vinyl just scoffs at her.

"Oh come on, Octy. You heard what she said later. She actually took my advice. I just hope Luna's not still mad about that crack against her ride. The Bat-Carriage," responded Vinyl, and then giggles at her own joke, while Octavia just shakes her head and sighs, as they walk towards the library, to meet with a pair of Goddesses.

PreviousChapters Next