• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 11,129 Views, 944 Comments

Equestria: A Flux Tale - Star Sage



A Tiny Human lands in Equestria. Why? What? Who? Questions to be answered, and a quest to be found.

  • ...
47
 944
 11,129

PreviousChapters Next
Realizations

After a moment of panic, where you tried to cover yourself up, you quickly figured that, due to the ponies not normally wearing clothing, it was likely that Twilight's spell that teleported you out of Vinyl's stomach was probably just targeting you, as she likely had no way at all to sense your clothing or anything, as you'd figured from the show that magic relied on stuff like life to lock onto. Another moment of thought, and you also realized that your hostesses were all nude, save for Rarity's hat and Octavia's bow tie, meaning that not a single one of them likely saw a problem with your condition, and might take silence to mean something had gone wrong, so trying your best not to keep blushing, you looked up into Octavia's face, and tried to smile.

"I'm fine, and in fact, better than I was, considering I'm about ten times the size I was," you say, trying to look nonchalant, though your hands kept resting over parts of your anatomy you were wishing had some covering.

"You seem to have lost that dreadful ensemble you were wearing though. Twilight quick, get me some fabric," said Rarity suddenly, either noticing your discomfort, or just thinking more of fashion than you would have. She then wanders off, either forgetting what she asked Twilight, or realizing that Twilight probably had some questions herself, as she stared at you. Given your nudity, that was probably not the best thing for your self-esteem, as you felt yourself blushing some more.

"Interesting, so, hugh mans are bipedal, and mammalian," she said, and Octavia nodded.

"I believe he mentioned the mammal classification before, along with a list of other names that identified his family and genus," says Octavia.

"Yeah, he said, 'Genus Homo, Tribe hominini, Family hominidae, Order Primate!'" chimed in Vinyl, giving your words a nice beat as she bounced her head along with some music only she could hear. The other two ponies both looked at her strange for that, but Octavia just shook her head, and Twilight seemed to think of something, and quickly rushed to the wall of books behind her, and began to pull tomes from the wall, looking at their covers and then discarding them, leaving you with Octavia, as Vinyl was now humming a tune to herself and seemed lost in her own little world.

"Since I know Vinyl's not going to apologize for her actions, she never does, I will do so, on her behalf and say I'm sorry that you got eaten," she said, leaning down towards you as she curled her legs under herself.

"Heh, it's okay. I mean, this did make me bigger, which probably means I really am supposed to be larger. Whatever brought me here must have shrunk me. I wonder what gods I pissed off to cause this to happen though," you comment, setting down cross legged on the floor, finding it to actually be rather clean, probably Spike and the Owl's doing, as Twilight was busy creating a mess looking through her books, and groaning as she couldn't seem to find the one she wanted.

"Oh, you have those on your world as well? Do you think Celestia and Luna can contact them? I've heard the Princesses can see into other worlds, and maybe they could help get you home?" she asked, sounding intrigued by the idea of other gods.

"Well, not really. The gods of my world are creatures of myth and legend. If they exist at all, which some people doubt, they don't do the whole, 'raise the sun and moon' thing anymore. Heck, my planet orbits our sun, spinning in space, while the moon orbits the world. Heh, that reminds me, I'm an astronaut now," you suddenly realize with a smirk. Every kid’s dream, to be an astronaut, at least for a while, then they switch to something else, probably a fireman or something, and yet, here you are. It's a world of simple colors, with physical goddesses that control the heavens, but still, it's another world. You've made first contact with another species, which is both awesome, and slightly scary, now that you think on it.

Before you can consider the implications farther, that you are humanities envoy to a race of equines, the fashionista returns, and she quickly smothers you in fabric, with Octavia shouting at her for being rude. Mind, Rarity is doing fashion, and so could care less about manners, as she quickly converts raw fabric into a suit, which you can feel around you. It was odd, you could feel the magic. Not just where it touched you, but you could feel the whole magical bubble around you as she lifted you up and made the clothing fit your body perfectly. When she was done, you dropped down, hearing the click of shoes on the hard wood, and looked down at yourself to find you were wearing a rather colorful new ensemble, as compared to your work a day clothes. It was actually a rather fetching business suit.

You weren't used to wearing fancier clothing, though this suit actually felt rather free and easy, rather than the tight and pinchy ones you had worn on occasion. That probably had to do with the way it was made, fitting to your body by magic, rather than made by hand with guesses at certain sizes. Looking down again, you tugged on a sleeve that bunched up a bit when you flexed your arm, and then did a quick spin on your heel, noticing that Rarity had included some nice shoes with the outfit as well, shiny black ones. Like the suit itself, they didn't pinch, though you were likely not going to be running in them any time soon, at least not without falling over on your face. Smiling, you look up to find two pony faces staring at you, Octavia and Vinyl.

"Thank you, Ms. Rarity. This suit is just awesome," you tell her, very truthfully.

"Well, you're welcome dear. I'm just glad I could help. You don't seem to have much fur on your body, and would probably freeze to death without some clothing," she answers simply.

"I think it looks positively striking myself," chimed in Octavia, smiling down at you, causing you to blush a bit again. Before the conversation could keep going towards compliments, Twilight's voice suddenly chimed in.

"Aha! I knew I had this one somewhere," she said suddenly, and walked over towards where the three of you were standing. She barely seemed to notice you hop back as she set the book down on the floor almost right on top of you, but knowing it was Twilight, she wouldn't hurt you on purpose...you hoped.

"This book is from an old survey report. It talks about a city, 'Towers of Metal and Glass that stretch into the heavens, and a network of tunnels with great metal cars' I remembered it from my time studying ancient history after that confrontation with Discord, since I didn't want to be surprised by any other Great Evils of the Past," she said, and you looked into the book. The drawings in it were crude, but effective at conveying their message. The picture was a city, a human city, but one in decay. It had sky scrapers, most of which were leaning to one side, or were missing chunks near the top, and a few houses, which were done in greater detail on smaller pictures, showing ruined homes in the suburbs of whatever city it had once been.

"The ones who wrote this talked about drawings of bipedal creatures, but the whole city vanished before they could study it in detail, leaving only desert where it had stood," she said, and flipped through a dozen pages of more drawings, before coming to a picture you recognized...sort of. It had the same 'washed out' look as the pony world, everything in it was simply colored, but it was unmistakable, it was an ad billboard, one you remembered from an old ad campaign years ago, and knew wasn't running anymore. This was...incredible, and you felt yourself fall back, as she lifted the book up so Rarity and Octavia, and interesting Vinyl who wandered over, could see it a little easier.

"So, I'm not the first human to come here then," was all you said, as Twilight flipped back through the book, showing the other ponies pages of pictures drawn of the city.

"Looks like you guys have been visiting for a while, actually. Still, they said that the beings in the pictures were giants, standing hundreds of feet tall in some cases. I wonder why you're so small," observed Ms. Sparkle, and you felt an aura cover you, before it dropped you down. Like before, you could feel the 'magic' that was being used on you, in some way you could sense it beyond what you think you really should be able to do, however, you barely notice as you're still in shock. Humans, some form of humans, a whole darned city of them, had come here before you. And it faded away after the ponies found it. Would you fade away too? Tonight, would you fall asleep in Ponyville and wake back up in your own bed(Hopefully at normal size). Moreover, did you want that to happen? After all, you were an average guy, leading an average life, nothing important ever happened to you before, but even while you aren't the first to come here, it was still probably the most momentous thing you'd ever done.

"Octavia said you wanted to see the Princess, and I'll have Spike send her a letter soon, but before that, can I study you for a bit. I have a bunch of equipment in my basement that can get some more data on you. I promise it won't hurt," she assured you, jarring you out of your thoughts, as you look into her big soulful eyes. She obviously wanted to do this, but was not one to demand such things. Octavia looked rather apprenhsively at you, probably not all that sure about that statement, considering Vinyl's own warnings before, and her 'I told you so' look now, as she tilted her glasses at Octavia. Rarity didn't seem bothered though, and it was still Twilight, she was kind, caring, and compassionate. Not as much as Fluttershy, but that didn’t matter too much, so after thinking about it, you nod you consent.

Twilight, looking almost exactly like she did in the sleepover episode, stands, claps her front hooves together, and grabs you with her magic, rushing towards a door and barely remembering to open it before the pair of you smack into it. Again, you feel the magic around you, and this time you do notice it, but before you can bring it up, Twilight was down the stairs and in the makeshift lad she'd used to study Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Sense, and you found yourself dropped rather roughly into the chair she'd had the party pony sit in. Loud clopping proceeds Vinyl, Octavia, and Rarity as they quickly join you in the lab, and Twilight begins to flip switches with her magic, and turn devices on, the things looking like stuff from Dr. Frankenstein's lab, save the electrical bolts were rainbow colored and made sparkles.

"Okay, now for starts, I'm gonna run some Electromagi Graph scans of you. This shouldn't hurt a bit, but tell me if you feel anything," she said while another shimmer of magic and you found yourself naked again, with the suit teleporting off you. She then plopped one of those plunger sensor things down onto your chest, and then one on your back, and seemed to look for where to put some more, before deciding it wasn't important and laying them to the side.

"Twilight...are you sure this is safe?" asks Rarity, Vinyl and Octavia, not sure of the proper way to bring up their own concerns, were just staring at her, and then glancing back at you with pity in Octavia's eyes, and a look of 'i told you so' on Vinyl's face behind her goggles.

"Of course, I keep all my equipment in top condition," answered Twilight, and suddenly you feel a tingling sensation throughout your body. Before you can say anything though, you feel yourself shoot up into the sky, your tiny body sailing high, higher than you'd ever been before, and then slamming into something hard, before falling without a shout, and landing back in the chair you'd been sitting in before.

"Oh my! Are you alright?" Octavia cried, rushing to you, and looking you over. For your own part, you were stunned and couldn't respond, beyond a small cloud of smoke coming out of your mouth with a gasp, as your hair sizzled and a thinner pale of smoke came out of it.

"What just happened? I just turned the power on?" was Twilight's response, as she dashed to the readout machine, and began to go over the print out from the device, while the other two just look at her, Rarity with an expression that says this sort of thing happens all the time, and Vinyl....like someone who really wanted to push the blinking buttons on Twilight's toys.

"I think you need to be a bit more careful Twilight, after all, we don't want to hurt our new friend...any more than we already have at any rate," said Rarity, as she comes up beside Octavia, who both stare down at you, their faces growing closer, and just seeming enormous again, at least until you bolt upright and they both back off.

"The final digit of pi is.....what just happened?" you said, the first thing in a rather robotic voice, before you grab your own head, which feels like you'd just tried to smash it through a brick wall. Looking upward, you can't actually see the ceiling because of how far away it is, but you figure you left a good dent in the hard wood, considering the way your head hurts.

"I don't know, but it was awesome, can you do that again?" came Vinyl's reply, smiling as she walks towards the computer, reaching forward to push a button, at least until Octavia, staring daggers at her, growls, and Vinyl chuckles nervously, backing off.

"I don't know what happened either, but that's not the important thing right now, what is important is, are you alright?" asked Octavia, after Vinyl came to stand near them, and getting up, you shake yourself off, and test out your limbs, trying to ignore the fact that three rather pretty looking, for ponies, girls were staring at your naked body.

"I think I'm okay. I have a headache, but its passing. Still, Twilight's equipment didn't do that when she hooked Pinkie Pie up to it," you said without thinking, and suddenly you had the eye of the violet pony, who turned from the data readout to look at you.

"No it didn't but then Pinkie is bigger th-wait a second, how did you know I used this stuff to study Pinkie Pie?" she asked, a bit faster on the uptake of details than the others, who look to each other, and then back at you. Luckily, before you can say anything, there's a crashing upstairs, and suddenly there's a multi colored streak coming through the open basement door, zipping around the room, before landing in front of Twilight. It was Rainbow Dash, in all her awesomeness, her body shimmering with a bit of sweat, as she'd obviously just come rushing from somewhere distant to tell Twilight something, as she kept saying Twilight's name in between gasps for breath, and when at last she does say something, it comes out as a rambling story, with too few words to make out anything other than Applejack, Poison, and Big Macintosh.

"Rainbow, slow down! Now start over, and go over it one step at a time," said Twilight after Rainbow, for the third time, tried to explain what it was that had brought her to Twilight's in such a panic, and with a sharp intake of breath, she began again.

"Okay, well I was trying to play a prank on Applejack to get back at her for that thing last week where she tied my wings behind my back with her lasso while I wasn't looking and got everyone to laugh at me. So I decided to get her back in the most awesome way, sending her some Poison Joke I'd painted red with a note telling her it was from a secret admirer, but while she was busy getting back from applebucking with Big Macintosh I kind of fell asleep on the cloud I was laying on cause it was so comfy and you know I take my naps about that time in the afternoon. When I woke up she was nowhere to be found, I mean I searched the whole farm house before going out to the orchard where Big Macintosh gave me an apple as a snack, and I flew all over there to try and find her and now I think she might have wandered off or something and I need some help to find her. You gotta have a spell or something Twilight, because if something happens to her it'll be all my fault and I don't know what I'd do!" she says quickly, all in a single breath.

"Rainbow! We've told you a thousand times to not use stuff like the Joke when doing these pranks of yours," Twilight chides her, as she begins to trot upstairs. Octavia, seeing as you won't be tested anymore right now, uses her mouth to pick you up again, and place you on her back, before trotting after the pair towards the stairs, followed by Rarity, who looks concerned, but not overly so, as she had faith in both Applejack's survival instinct, and in Twilight's magic. Just before going through the door though, Octavia stops, and looks down into the basement.

"Vinyl, you stay away from that and come up here. I think another unicorn would be helpful, and we do need to thank Ms. Sparkle for agreeing to talk to the Princess on our human friend's behalf," she said, and you look down to find Vinyl just about to touch some of the buttons on one of the consoles. She looks up at Octavia's sheepishly, before running up the stairs to join the three of you as you reenter the library proper.

"So you can use some spell to find her right?" asked Dash, as she lived up to her name, unable to stay still as she kept darting around the library, as Twilight was busy looking through the books she'd discarded in her search for the history book earlier.

"I think there's a spell around here for finding lost items. I'm sure it will find her Dash, just calm down and stop being so nervous," she said, and Rainbow tried to do that, landing, and taking nice, deep breaths. As she did, you noticed something odd, and tugged on Octavia's mane to get her to turn her head around to look at you.

"Yes?" she asked, probably wondering if there was anything she could do to help.

"Um, you might want to take a look at Rainbow Dash's belly, I think I found Applejack," you tell her, pointing towards where Dash is standing, and right towards where there's a periodic bulge in her side in the shape of two hooves. It was surprising that Dash herself hadn't noticed them, but then, she seemed a bit out of it with worry.

"Ms. Twilight, our human friend thinks you might want to use that spell from earlier on Ms. Rainbow Dash's belly. It seems that Ms. Applejack is closer to her than she thought," she told the ponies, pointing with her hoof towards Rainbow Dash's side, and another bulge popped out, causing Rarity and Twilight to groan, while Vinyl smirked.

"Heh, looks like I'm not the only heavy eater here," she said, and the unicorns, as well as the earth pony you were riding got closer, with Twilight leaning down and causing her horn to glow. It was interesting seeing the spell from the outside, as Twilight's eyes closed in concentration, and then began to pull back, obviously trying to draw Applejack out as she'd done with you before, a glow coming from her horn, and moving into Rainbow Dash, and a blinding flash of light forcing you to close your eyes.

PreviousChapters Next