• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 5,745 Views, 241 Comments

Love, marriage, and Scootaloo - Alchemystudent



Scootaloo needs a mother and wants to make Rainbow Dash happy; and she is willing to do everything to make both happen.

  • ...
18
 241
 5,745

I want to love sompony

On a cloud overlooking the small little village known as Ponyville, two pegasi laid on a cloud overlooking the village, “See that, my little Scootaloo,” the orange mare said as she let her small filly walk to the edge of the cloud, “That’s your new home.”

The orange filly looked over the edge of the cloud, her eyes wide with excitement, “WOW! You think I’ll meet some awesome fillies down there?”

Sunny Daze smiled softly as she leaned in and nuzzled her little filly, “Of course you will, my dear. Just as long as you
keep that wonderful spirit of yours burning bright, you’ll meet some great friends.”

Looking down at the small town, Scootaloo smiled and ran a hoof through her purple mane, “ Do you think that dad is
down there too?”

A sad look came to the mare’s green eyes as she draped a wing over her daughter, “Oh Scootaloo,” she closed her eyes softly to blink out some of the tears that came to her as she thought of her husband, “Your dad...your father moved somewhere far away. He went off somewhere to live with your grandparents for a very long time. But you should know this, no matter where he is right now he is always with us. In our memories of him and in your heart,” she then nuzzled her filly once more.

“Mom,” the orange filly asked as she looked up to her mom, “If you were to go and live with dad...will you live in my heart too?”

“Always, my little Scootaloo,” the mare said as she gave a kiss on the filly’s forehead.


“I love you, mom,” Scootaloo said as she watch her mom pull away from the kiss. The filly’s magenta eyes then opened wide in fear as she watched her mother become a white wispy cloud, floating away, “Mother! No, don’t go away mother! DON'T LEAVE ME,” She began to run as fast as she could after the white wisp, trying to catch up in vain. She continued to call out for her mother as she continued to gallop faster and faster after her mother’s wispy form..

In time, she collapsed on the ground, panting. Lifting her head up from the ground, she saw that she was in a hospital hallway and laying in front of a room. Getting up slowly, she walked to the room and looked inside to see two unicorn doctors standing in front of a sheet, “Poor girl, so young and with a daughter too. What happened?”

No,” Scootaloo thought to herself as she looked inside, “She’s asleep, just asleep. In a few minutes, she’ll get up and walk me home.”

“Chimera attack in the whitetail woods. Apparently, they were taking a walk for mother’s day when the creature attacked. The filly got away, while the mother tried to distract it. Sadly, the creature took the bait.”

“Thi...this cant be happening. Mom, get up! You need to be here to see me, to see me get my cutie mark, to watch me join Dashie as a Wonder bolt, and you need to be here,” Scootaloo cried as she collasped to the ground crying.

“Any family that can take the filly home?”

“ No, all of them are dead. We’ll give her a few days to recover, then we have to-”

“SHE HAS A FAMILY,” Said a blue mare as she walked by Scootaloo, favoring her right hind leg.

“Who are you mam,” asked one of the doctors/

“Rainbow Dash, I am the one who,” the rainbow maned pegasus grunted a little she put a hoof to the side, wincing in pain, “Saved Scootaloo from that monster before he could kill her too.”

“Miss Dash, you should go back to the bed, you’re hurt,” Said a white earth pony with a red cross on her flank.

“You should see the chimera,” Dash smirked.

“Miss Dash,” One of the doctors said, “How are you related to the young pegasus?”

“I’m her sister.”

“I’m sorry miss Dash, but there are no records of miss Scootaloo having an older sister, and unless you show some official records...I can let you take her home.”

“But, I promised Sunny! I told her before she died that I would watch that kid!”

“Miss dash, I am sorry, but if we could support promises,” the doctor sighed, “There would be a lot more happy kids in this world.”

Scootaloo heard this conversation and turned her head away, wanting to run. As she turned, she found herself looking down a hallway from inside a room. Walking softly, she could hear some more voices, “ Is she ready to go?”

“Yes, all of her injuries are healed and she is physically fit. You can take her to the home,” The doctor unicorn said, sighing, “Shame that she cant go with miss Dash, though. She seemed to really care for the kid.”

“What do you mean she isn't coming home with me,” Rainbow said, walking up to the two ponies with a piece of paper.

“I told you miss Dash, you can tell us all you want that you are her sister, but unless,” his face was then hit with a piece of paper held by Dash.

“This document legally recognizes me as Scootaloo’s legal parent and guardian. As signed by Princess of the night, Luna and Twilight Sparkle,” She then pushed a cyan hoof to the two names on the bottom of the paper, listing witnesses, “If you have any problems, you can take it up either Celestia’s trusted student or Luna herself. I don't think you want to talk to the egghead, and I KNOW you wouldn’t want to discuss this with the princess of the night. I heard she can get very VERY angry when her commands are questioned.”

“Y-yes miss Dash, she is right down this way,” The doctor said, smiling.

“Thank you. Now, if you’ll excuse me...I need to pick up MY little sister,” Dash said as she was suddenly tackled by an orange blur.

Her hooves tightly wrapped around the blue pegasus’s neck, she buried her face into the neck of her new sister, “Y...you mean it? I can go home with you, and live with you and be your little sister?”

Rainbow dash ruffled the little orange pegasus’s mane and smiled, “Scoot, you always were my little sis. We never really need a silly piece of paper to say that,” with that, Dash wrapped her legs around Scootaloo, hugging her tightly.

As the young filly looked up from her sisters chest, she then found herself in front of a huge cloud house, “I’ll live here? Are you sure you have room for me?”

“YEP,” Dash said as she led the little pegasus in, “I remodeled an old trophy room for you.”

Scootaloo smiled as she could hear the whispering voice of her mother, “I am so happy for you, my little one.”
Scootaloo then turned her head as she felt a warm breeze fly past her cheek.


“Mom,” Scootaloo asked as she shot up in bed, draped in a pair of light orange pajamas. She smiled to herself as she realized it was just a dream and began to remember fondly of the past year. Of her adoption by her big sister and of the great times that she has had so far. Getting up, she began to walk by her bedside table and looked at the photos that lined it: a picture of her mom, Rainbow Dash, and her in front of her old house. A photo of the day she had come to live with Dash, another photo showing them winning second place at the sisterhooves social while Rarity and Sweetie belle looked smugly at the two. Scootaloo chuckled at the memory of the day as she removed her pajamas and turned on the radio with her hind hoof.

“Hey all of you awesome listeners. This is Vinyl Scratch bringing you all of your awesome morning music to get you right out of bed and into Celestia’s beautiful sunshine! Listen, I was looking through Tavi’s old records and I found this one song by Frank Trotra that I think would be fun to give a listen to. So lets see how it goes, the song is called...”

Love and marriage (and Scootaloo)

As the orange filly listened to the upbeat music coming from the record, her thoughts again turned to her mother and Rainbow Dash. She began to remember how close she was to her and how much Dash has tried her best to be more like her mother every day. To the flier’s credit, Dash has tried her best; however, she still missed her mom deeply and always wished that she could be there once again. She then began to think about Dash, and how sometimes she has had a lonely look in her eyes sometimes. As if she needed something there for her, just like Scootaloo wanted a mother in her life again. She sighed softly, it wasn't like life with Dash wasnt fun and terrific, it was just there were somethings that her mom did that Dash couldn’t, “HEY SQUIRT! Time for breakfast!!!!”

Like making breakfast for example,” Scootaloo joked to herself as she headed down the stair of the cloud home. Shaking her head, she reminded herslef that Dash wasnt that bad, at least not as bad as her best friend. Walking down the stairs, she patted the flying tortise that whizzed by her in his little helicopter while he flew by before she turned to head into the white kitchen. She looked inside to watch as Dash began to make some pancakes. Smiling, she quickly ran to the kitchen table and sat down while her sister served a plate.

“So, what’s your plans for today,” Dash asked as she quickly finished her own plate, looking out the window.

Still that same look, I wonder what she’s missing? I was going to the clubhouse to meet with Applebloom and Sweetie to decide what is going to happen to Sweetie Belle.”

“Oh, that’s right,” Dash said, as she walked to the back door of the house, opening it to reveal a ramp, “She just got her cutie mark two days ago didn't she?”

“YEP,” Scootaloo said as she walked to her red scooter, the memory still fresh in her mind. She and Applebloom decided it was time to break to Sweetie’s stage fright, so they walked her to karaoke bar that was set up a month ago. They had gotten her to start to belt out some songs when she thought she was alone; however, they had her plugged to a speaker system and on camera in front of a crowd. IT didn’t take long for her to find out that she was being watched by a bunch of ponies and they were all listening to her beautiful voice. Finding her stage fright broken, she began to perform one more song to her heart’s content and in a flash, a musical note in a heart appeared on her white flank

“All right, I’ll pick you up after I finish clearing some clouds and I can give you some flying lessons,” Dash said as she held onto the orange filly from behind, wrapping her cyan hooves around the belly, “Ready?”

“I was born ready, Dash,” Scoot said as she narrowed her eyes at the ramp. She began to feel Dash pushing her slowly, before picking up speed. Dash began to push harder and harder until the two took off from the ramp and into the air. Flying for a short while, Dash took a dive with the orange pegasus in tow and down to the ground. Before she reached the green grass, the Blue pegasus let go of her charge and let her took off like a bullet in her scooter to the clubhouse. As she waited for the others to come there, she began to think about her mom and Dash’s loneliness.


“Scoot, HEY SCOOTALOO! You listenin,” a yellow filly with a bright red bow in her mane yelled.

“Huh? Oh, yeah, I was just thinking about something,” She turned to Sweetie Belle, “LEt it be known that Sweetie Starsong Belle, will forever be known as Cutie Mark Crusader helper. Destined to help the rest of us find our cutie marks and to help others find their way. She will forever provide help to her friends and any members from the Manehatten branch,” She turned her head to a spotted little colt with a bandanna on his head.

“Aye aye, Captain,” said Pipsqueak as he finished writing down the message, “All written and ready for delivery to post office cadet Dinky Doo as she makes her way to Manehatten with her mummy,” with a salute and a bow the little colt ran out the door and down the stairs from the treehouse.

As Sweetie Belle watched the little colt run off, she turned to look at Scootaloo, “So, why are you so distant today?”

“I was just thinking about my mom,” Scootaloo said with a sigh.

“Oh,” the white unicorn said, not wanting to continue any further.

“ And about Rainbow Dash,” Scootaloo said.

“What’s wrong,” Applebloom said walking next to Scootaloo and sitting next to her, “Is she being mean to ya or somethin? Is she being a bad big sister, because if she is...”

“Oh no, nothing like that. She’s the one of the best big sisters a girl could ask for. She has been doing great taking care of me. It just,” Scootaloo sighed, “I kind of miss mom, and Dash has been looking kind of lonely lately. Like she is missing something in her life and wants somepony to be with her.”

“Like a wife,” Sweetie Belle said, head raising up.

“Yeah, like that or somepony to help take care of me when she gets to be wonderbolt or do all of the stuff she cant. It just looks like she wants a very special somepony,” Scootaloo then began to think about her statement, “OH, we can do that!”

“Hey, wait a second, don’t you remember what happened the last time we tried that,” Applebloom said, looking at Scootaloo with a serious face.

“Yeah, and despite how it began,” a smirk came to her face, “How’s the nephew doing right now?”

“Oh, he can be such a loudmouth somedays. Ah swear, its like a baby is born with a loudspeaker in their mouth and timer that says ‘please wake up my aunt Applebloom at the worst possible...” the yellow filly then took the time to think about what she was saying, and then looked to Scootaloo, “Ok., so it turned out ok for my brother and Cheerilee in the end, but still, it was weird before. How can we be sure we can get it right this time?”

“Ooo, ooh, I know,” The white unicorn said, her pink and purple mane bouncing up and down, “How about we ask around first for who they think Rainbow would be compatiable with and then we find a pony with those traits and pair her off?”

Scootaloo jumped up a little, hitting an overhead bulb and turning it on, “That’s brilliant Sweetie Belle. Then we can grab some of your sister’s sappy romance novels and use that to get them on dates.”

Applebloom put a hoof to her chin, “Ah don’t know about this. How can we so sure just what Rainbow even likes, mares or stallions, or if she would really like to start dating?”

Scootaloo put a hoof to her chin, “Well, I know she likes mares thats for sure. I kind of heard her in her sleep sometimes, dreaming about doing ‘things’ with Spitfire, Rarity, Applejack, Twilight, Luna, Celestia, Cadence, Derpy, some mare called Littlepip, Terra, my...mom, Pinkie Pie, Surprise, Samus Aran, Fluttershy, Firefly, Lauren, Blossomforth, Cloudkicker, Flitter, Lotus, Aloe, A gender changed Shining Armor, Snowdrop, all of the nurses, Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis, River Song, Kim Possible, Bright eye, Melody, Lyra and Bon Bon at once, Trixie, Gilda, Miss Harshwinny, Peach blossom, Fluer De Lis ,and that one mare who delivered us pizza yesterday.”

Sweetie Belle and Applebloom looked on in shock at the list of names that Rainbow has had very naughty dreams about. Shaking her head, Applebloom was the first to speak, “Well, to be fair...Ah think almost everypony has had a dream about Spitfire at least once in their life.”

Sweetie Belle blushed as she raised her hoof, “And...Soren,” the girls look at her weirdly, “What, sometimes I dream that he comes and saves me from an evil dragon alongside Rarity.”

Scootaloo just shook her head in disbelief, “So its settled then. We’ll go and talk to some of Dash’s friends and see what they think Rainbow would like and then get her that mare!”

Sweetie Belle jumped up in the air, with her hoof raised, “Yeah, lets go get Scootaloo a new mom and Rainbow Dash a wife!”

“YEAH,” the other crusaders cheered in unison as they jumped in the air and high hoofed their friends and then ran out the door of the clubhouse.


Author's Note:

Here it is, the first chapter, no editor yet, no proofreader, never worked on this genre before...ohhhhh this is gonna be fun.