• Published 29th Dec 2013
  • 1,061 Views, 12 Comments

Equestria 2033 - Memory



The year is 2033. This is Equestria. A land of death and poison. The ponies have hidden themselves in the Metro for the past twenty years, but now a new threat has appeared that can damage their hopes of returning to the surface forever.

  • ...
2
 12
 1,061

Introduction - 2033

They say fire rained down from the sky, that the very earth beneath our hooves shook violently with the waves of terror that gripped us all. And that we had planned for it. We had planned to hide, deep underground where nothing but ourselves could harm...

I was just a filly when judgement day came and the goddesses abandoned us, leaving us to fend for ourselves on this discarded wasteland. I used to live on the surface, above these tunnels in a place named Manehatten. I do not remember anything of this time... except looking at the sky and seeing it a smokey red. For we hid from fate’s sight in the Metro, the deeply-buried stations ponies had built to get around the city quicker. Doubling up as a shelter, they spared us a fate worse than death.

The Metro became our home. The young ones continued to be educated, fed, and played. Adults found jobs to do to maintain security and society in the Metro. We believed we were all that was left of life. But the surface was not dead. It was alive, and set forth a new era of animals - horrible, mutated versions of their past selves.

Instead of banding together, the remnants of ponykind - and the other species teeming in the tunnels with us -became enemies. Factions. War machines. Fighting for supremacy and survival in the Metro, and the surface as well.

Few of us retained hope we’d once more roam the surface freely and without fear of the radiation and new wildlife that faced us. But recently a new threat has emerged, and we’re no longer fighting each other - we are fighting the impossible too...

Equestria 2033