• Published 26th Apr 2013
  • 7,840 Views, 271 Comments

Trapped - I am not a Dalek



The Wonderbolts are performing in Ponyville, but things don't turn out the way any of them had expected at all.

  • ...
10
 271
 7,840

Fear

Chapter 5- Fear

I’m flying over Equestria’s amazing mountains as fast as I can. Soarin’ is beside me, covered by his Wonderbolts suit. When I look back I find that I am wearing the same suit. I’m in the Wonderbolts.

Joy fills me and I fly faster than I ever have before as I break through the sound barrier with ease. The boom shakes the world around us, and the colours of my mane shine around me, across the sky.

Soarin’ cheers from behind me, as he watches my Sonic Rainboom evolve before his emerald eyes. I have never seen anything so beautiful. The rainbow forms behind the mountains which hold Canterlot, and it shines brighter than any rainbow created by Cloudsdale. This is why they call me Rainbow Dash, no pony else can make rainbows as good as I can.
Rain begins to drizzle on Soarin’ and I zoom back to my house where we sit underneath a duvet to try and keep warm.

****

Water drips on my face, jolting me awake from my blissful dream. I gaze up at the ceiling to find that it leaking water. It must be raining outside or something. The cave has gotten brighter now so I can finally see. It’s probably around ten in the morning.

I glance over at Soarin’ who is sleeping peacefully beside me. His pale blue face is now covered in dirt, and he has a scratch running down his cheek. Nonetheless, he still looks peaceful. It sends a calming effect throughout the cave.

A stone from the roof of the cave breaks off and falls to the floor, crumbling once it hits the hard surface. I freeze in fear. The water over the years must have eroded the rocks, causing them to be weakened. Which means that it might cave in any minute. I crawl over to the sleeping Soarin’ swiftly, and attempt to wake him up.

“Soar, wake up! Hurry!” I hiss, shaking him violently.

The Wonderbolt sits up immediately, and looks around in confusion. “Huh? What’s up?”

“It’s gonna cave in –“ I am cut off by a loud rumbling noise.

Soarin’ and I push ourselves right back up against the far wall, holding each other in fear. We sit in silence for a few moments, neither of us breathing. A loud crack echoes through the cave, breaking the silence and rocks begin to fall in front of us, barely missing us. I’m shaking unstoppably as the falling roof piles up in front of us, just nanometres away from our hooves. I press myself close to Soarin’, holding back the screams of terror. Soarin’ is breathing quickly, his whole body shaking along with mine as he constantly curses under his breath. Once silence falls, I stare at the debris in front of us, my eyes wide in fear.

“S-Soar?” I whisper, my voice breaking.

Soarin’ doesn’t answer, he just holds me tightly, his body frozen in place. I try to keep my cool as I call his name out again into the sickening silence of the cave.

“Soarin’...” I nudge him; tears begin to form in my eyes so I attempt to blink them away.

I’m Rainbow Dash, for Celestia’s sake! I’m too cool to cry! I can get through any situation whatsoever. I can’t cry, not here, not now, not in front of Soarin’.

That doesn’t stop me though, I look once more at the mountain of rocks before us, putting us further back from the freedom of outside, I look above us and more stones seem to have replaced the ones which now sit in our small cave with us. The tears finally come. I have not cried for years, the last time I cried was probably in flight school when the bullying got really bad which was when I decided to fight back against it all and hide my emotions.

Here I am now, 14 years later, trapped in a cave with Soarin’ the Wonderbolt, possibly about to die. This is when I finally decide to stop hiding it all. Stop hiding the fact that right now, I’m really not okay. The only pony here is Soarin’ and he knows not to mention this to any pony if we ever get out of this mess.

I sob into my hooves violently, my shoulders shaking with the force of it. Soarin’ is sitting beside me, his body still frozen.

****

I’m not sure how much time has passed; the cave is dark now no matter what time it is since there is no way for the light to leak through.

Soarin’ gently places his wing around my shoulder, still not talking. I fall into his chest and continue to cry, hating myself every second for it, but I have lost all hope. It would have been easy to find us when we were near the entrance, but now we are so far away that they would most likely give up searching for us half way in.

The wing begins to soothingly stroke my hair, and slowly I began to stop. I am still scared but I give up crying, falling limp against Soarin’s chest.

“It... It’ll all be okay Dashie,” Soarin’ whispers with a false sense of hope in his voice.

I look up at him, my eyes red and puffy. “I’m scared Soarin’, I’ve never been this scared before.”

“Not even that time you saw me plummeting to my death?” The Wonderbolt grins, but it’s not the normal Goofy Soarin’ smile.

I shake my head. “Not even then, this is worse. Way worse.”

We sit in silence for a while, leaning against each other, using each other as a form of comfort. Soarin’ is the only smidge of sanity I have left; he’s the only thing keeping me in control.

“Are you hungry?” Soarin’ asks out of nowhere.

My stomach answers for me by grumbling loudly in complaint. Heat rushes to my cheeks as I nod.

“Me too, I really want some pie,” he mumbles longingly.

I laugh and look up at him, for a moment I forget everything bad that has just happened.

I begin to ramble on about what we'll do, in attempt to lighten the mood. “When we get out of here, we can go to Applejack’s and get you a pie, okay? Then we can go back to mine and watch a movie, under some blankets –“

“- Then we’ll fall asleep on the soft cloud sofa,” Soarin’ continues on with my story, “without the fear of being crushed to death. When we wake up we’ll go for a race and you’ll most likely kick my flank so bad I end up in Fillydelphia. If you win I’ll give you a tour around the Wonderbolts HQ, and if I win you will buy me enough apple pies to last me a month!”

Rolling my eyes, I give the Pegasus a gentle shove. “Deal, but I’ll end up kicking your flank, don’t you worry about that.”

We laugh for a while, before the heaviness in the air returns, and we gaze ahead at the sickening death trap we have before us.

I take back what I said earlier, this is definitely the worst thing ever.

Author's Note:

Hello! So I have been wanting to write this chapter for the past few days, and since I have an art exam all day tomorrow, which I can't study for, I decided to write this!
I hope you enjoy, I decided to take a turn in the events of the story!
If you have any questions, see any fails or just want to say hello, drop a comment down below!
Thank you all for your support guys!
Until next time!
<3