• Published 26th Apr 2013
  • 7,842 Views, 271 Comments

Trapped - I am not a Dalek



The Wonderbolts are performing in Ponyville, but things don't turn out the way any of them had expected at all.

  • ...
10
 271
 7,842

Nightmares

Chapter 12- Nightmares

After a long day of seeing my friends and having a chance to talk to each and every one of them, I feel utterly exhausted. I had received gifts from each of my friends and reluctantly accepted them.

Twilight brought me the next Daring Doo book in the series, Applejack brought me some apple pie, Fluttershy brought some really nice flowers, Rarity brought me a new pair of customised goggles for when I get the chance to fly, and Pinkie Pie brought me a box of cupcakes (obviously).

The last pony to visit me is Soarin’; he quietly knocks on the door before walking in to find me already half asleep.

I attempt to keep my eyes open as he sits beside me, taking my hoof in his. Soarin’ smiles his goofy smile at me, causing me to melt from the inside out.

“Hey Dash, so I heard some good news,” Soar whispers as he brushes my mane out of my eyes.

My face tints rose as I look up at him. “What good news is that?”

“You may be discharged tomorrow,” he grins at me.

I look up at him with shock in my eyes, how does he know this? Is it the truth?

“Really?” I whisper in pure excitement, my heart pounding within my chest.

Soarin’ nods. “But, um, Dash...” He trails off awkwardly, looking down at his hooves.

“What’s up, Soar?” I watch him as I wait patiently for him to continue.

“Well, I have nowhere to stay and you know how you said I could stay with you, but you’re here so I don’t know where to go and-“ I cut him off by gently putting a hoof over his lips.

“You can stay at my house, Soar, I trust you not to steal anything,” I grin at the Pegasus beside me. “Do you know where it is?”

Soarin’ shakes his head, but I can see that he has relaxed slightly now that he knows he has a place to stay. “I don’t, I mean I’ve seen it before but I don’t know how to get there.”

“Okay, well go and find Twilight Sparkle, she will show you where it is. Also, take home this,” I pass him the pie which Applejack gave me. “I have no food at home and I know how much you love apple pie.”

Soarin’s emerald eyes light up in joy as he puts the apple pie in his saddle bag. “Thank you so much, Dashie!” He grins as if he’s a foal in a sweetshop.

I give him a look of amusement as he bounces up and down happily. “Also, it’s made by the same pony from the Gala. You know Applejack, don’t you?”

Soarin’ gasps and flutters his wings in excitement. “Really? You’ve given me the best pie in Equestria? I can’t wait to eat it
now!”

“Go on then, you should find Twilight Sparkle and go back to mine, there’s a key hidden under the doormat,” I smile as the Pegasus kisses my forehead before zooming out of the room.

I stare after him for a few moments before I’m absolutely sure that he’s gone. I can’t believe that I managed to get out of this thing alive. I mean, yeah I’m the strongest Pegasus in Equestria, but no pony would have been able to hold on for long if they were stuck in there like that. I’m lucky Soarin’ was there, without him I would have given up so easily.

I carefully pick up the Daring Doo book which Twilight gave me, and begin to read the first paragraph. Daring Doo is trapped in a cave, each exit guarded by Manticores. I laugh at the irony and continue to read.

****

I awaken to find that it is cold and dark all around me. There is a quiet drip, drip, drip noise on my left indicating that I am not in the hospital anymore. Maybe it was all a dream, being in the hospital, being saved.

I look around, confused as to where I am, and then I realise: I’m back in the cave, I never escaped.

“Soarin’?” I whisper into the darkness, trying to find the Pegasus who was trapped in here with me.

A groan comes from the pile of debris and I stumble towards it in fear. “Soar? Are you okay?” I say urgently, praying and praying that he’ll be okay.

I dig through the mess and carefully drag his body out into a flat surface so he’s more comfortable.

“I-I’m sorry, Dash, I can’t hold on.” His voice wavers and tears fill my eyes.

I take his hoof in mine and tears poor down my cheeks. “No, Soar, you have to hold on! You can’t leave me! Don’t leave me!” I sob violently, holding onto his hoof tighter.

Soarin’ shakes his head sadly. “I can’t, Dash. I’m sorry. I- I-“ he gasps for air as he tries to hold on, but through the darkness
I see his chest slowly deflate and never rise again.

He looks as if he’s sleeping as I gently use my hooves to close his eyes. His body is still warm to touch so I rest my head on his chest, trying to listen to the heartbeat which is not there. All I hear is silence.

Why did he have to leave me, why did he do this to me? I’m all alone, and I’m scared. I, the amazing Rainbow Dash, am scared. No pony would ever have thought that this would happen. It really shows something when I am scared.

I continue to whisper Soarin’s name into his lifeless body, begging him to come back, begging him not to leave me. But he’s gone, he’s never coming back. What was he going to say to me? I don’t even know. I never got to tell him how I felt about him.

A rumble fills the cave and I look up at the ceiling to find that it is shuddering. I close my eyes and hold onto Soarin’, and accept that now is my time to go.

Falling rocks fall on top of me and pain jolts through me, a pain which I have never experienced before. Then, everything
goes black.

****

My eyes shoot open and I sit upright in the bed, pulling down the drip which is beside my bed. Shaking in fear, I look around in confusion to find that I fell asleep whilst I was reading the Daring Doo novel. The room is beginning to get bright as the sun rises over the horizon. Was that entire nightmare a lie then? I do not know.

Did Soarin’ really survive? I scan the room to find a piece of parchment beside my bed. A letter from Soarin’. My breathing relaxes slightly and I swiftly wipe away my tears. It was all a dream, thankfully.

Still, that was the first nightmare I’ve had since I was a filly and I have a feeling there's many more to come.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, one more chapter after that. I shouldn't really be writing at the moment since I have a French exam tomorrow, whoops...
Almost 50 likes?! I honestly never expected that, so thank you guys! I have created the sequel but I just haven't added any chapters yet, I will probably link it into the next chapter but it has already been linked into the description :D It's called Free to Fly! So I hope you guys get a chance to check it out once it's up!
Anyway, if you see any fails, are confuzzled or just want to say hello then just drop a comment down below!
Until next time
<3