• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 1,334 Views, 7 Comments

Dream Walker - Rocktavius Dashylight



A thriller of when you find yourself in Ponyville the size of a bug having to fight an old foe.

  • ...
10
 7
 1,334

The Roman Alphabet

At the party, you had to talk to Rainbow, Octavia, and Fluttershy. They're probably reeling with what happened yesterday. You might have to talk to Blue also. She's never used as much magic as she did. The only magic she knew was levitation, so how did she keep the group together?

The first pony you run into is Rainbow Dash. It was the easiest to explain. A guy from the other world wrote powers into her, you explain. She didn't really care, she loved it.

Octavia said she expected as much.

Fluttershy was a different story. "I've never had that sort of...power before." she told you when you asked of the experience.

"What are you talking about? You've stopped a dragon!" you reply, confused.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you're mistaken. I didn't stop Spike."

"I know! You did stop a dragon though!"

"No, I don't think I have." It hasn't happened yet?!

"What are you two doing over here? LET'S DANCE!" Pinkie Pie abruptly interupted.


The party was great, but something about yesterday. Blizzard Wind. How did that come out of Blue? You have to consult her.

Not too long later, Blue emerged from the party with Rainbow. "Blue!" The alicorn looked at you.

"What's up?"

"I gotta few questions. How did you use that magic when your magic isn't that strong? And how did Blizzard come to be?"

"I don't know myself, but..." the pony looked back and forth and leaned in close so no one can hear. "Blizzard left a darkened section in my head."

"I might be able to go into your mind," you think aloud. "I gotta talk to Twilight about that. Talk to ya later." You begin your ascent to Twilight's library.

As you flew to the library, you wondered if it was right to have all of these powers. What did you do to deserve it? Is there something that you missed about the powers? A voice broke your thoughts.

"Was that good?"

"Yes, but it needs a little work." You slowly open the door to see two unicorns staring deep into a book.

"Hello?" you ask as the two unicorns turned around. A flower pot flew from the air, forcing you to dive out of the air, as it smashed against the door frame.

"Oooops, sorry." the light blue pony said. Then, you recognized them: Trixie and Twilight.

"I've been trying to teach Trixie some more magic. What do you need?" Twilight asked.

"Remember at the band battle, DeDe turned into Blizzard Wind? What did Blue have to do with it?"

"I was wondering that myself. I think you'll find this book very interesting."

The book flew in front of you and opened. "Uh...is this a joke?"

"What do you mean by that?" Trixie and Twilight asked.

"This book, it only has squiggles, not words."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Trixie replied, trotting over to the book.

You stare at the lines, trying to make sense of it. "Do you have anything in the Roman alphabet?" The two unicorns looked at eachother before they fell in the floor, rolling in laughter.

"A super-inteligent human that can't read, and babbles on about different alphabets!" Twilight says between laughs.

"I'M SERIOUS!"

"Um, excuse me, I'd-O, I'm sorry, I don't want to interupt you. I'll leave." Fluttershy said as she walked in, backing out now.

"No, Fluttershy, it's fine. What would you like?" Trixie asked.

"Nevermind, I was looking for the human. Can I do anything for you, human?"

"The ROMAN ALPHABET?! That just sounds bogus!" Twilight was still laughing, oblivious to Fluttershy's entrance.

When she said that, Fluttershy's ears perked up. "Roman Alphabet?"

Twilight shot up from the floor, scaring the shy pony. "IT'S FUNNY, RI---O...Sorry, Fluttershy, didn't see you come in."

"Oh, that's quite all right. Did you say Roman Alphabet?"

"Yes, what of it?"

"That's the alphabet used by many humans, right?"

"Yes, but not all. Wait, how do you know?" you ask.

"I............. I have found that Earth animals were more variational, so I did a lot of research. Um, well, I had to learn something called the Roman Alphabet to get alot of the other information. I wanted the best visual I could get. I found that our pegasi ancestors used the same alphabet, so I studied it." You found it interesting and funny at the same time. The pegasi wore Roman hats and used the same alphabet.

"That's awesome Fluttershy," you say, as the other two unicorns are in awe. "Is there a way I could get a book like this in Cloudsdale?"

"I'll take you to the pegasi librarian, Erna RibĂșk, i-if you don't mind, that is." You nod your head in agreement.

"Can I go too?" asked Twilight and Trixie.

"O, sure, but you'd need wings."

"One step ahead of you," Twilight said, pointing her horn at Trixie. The spell went fast, and suddenly Trixie had beautiful, blue wings. "That was easier than last time."

Soon, the four of you go off to Cloudsdale.