AppleDash 3,010 members · 1,061 stories
Comments ( 139 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 139
DbzOrDie
Group Admin

This thread will have a simple purpose
Describe the fanfic you're aching to see written and name the writer of your preference for that particular fic.
These don't have to be AppleDash but it's appreciated :twilightsmile:
We are not here to criticize people's (possibly) bad ideas but feel free to comment and ask clarification.
I'll start with:

DbzOrDie:

A fic with AJ gaining wings permanently (either through turning into a pegasus or something magical), whilst Dash still has hers (important).
It would be a getting together fic that expands beyond when they get into a relation. AJ can still work at Sweet Apple Acres and she still has her earth pony strenght (muscles don't just simply disappear).
She could be having trouble with flying and get lessons from Dash. Happy ending and try to avoid the cliches.:pinkiehappy:

Author of my choosing:
Donny's Boy. The romance that he writes is just amazing

Tchernobog:

Lengthy AppleDash fic, nearing 100k words

Luna's memories of Nightmare Moon causes her to lash out magically, sending AJ and Dash into the deepest parts of the everfree forest, on the other side of the world. While they make their way back through perils and dangers, the rest try to figure out how to bring them back.

Author of his choosing:
himself AKA Tchernobog
Ardensfax

[19:51:19] Steel Resolve: ... If AJ was courting Dash, Dash would not be so oblivious.
[19:52:12] Tchernobog: MINOR DETAILS SIR
[19:52:15] Steel Resolve: AJ would just straight up tell Dash "Hey, we're dating now. Pick me up at seven."
[19:52:25] Tchernobog: you know
[19:52:32] Tchernobog: that would make a hilarious fic
[19:52:41] Tchernobog: AJ just plops that on Dash
[19:52:57] Tchernobog: the rest of the fic is dash going "wut?" and trying to catch up but failing hilariously most of the time
[19:53:56] Steel Resolve: "W-wait! Don't I get a say in this?" "Sure, you kin hoofwrassle me over where we go to dinner. You win Ah'll pay." "Okay that's fair..."
[19:54:14] Tchernobog: Something like that XD

Author of his choosing:
bahatumay

Dragon Master Spike:

- A fic. where A.J breaks her leg (one or both) and Rainbow has to take care of her. A.K.A "the reverse Rainbow Crash".

- A fic. where Applejack lives in Cloudsdale for a while. Staying with Rainbow Dash, she meets new people and explores the city. While there she learns about the place, the culture, and a bit of what life is like for her pegasus friend.

- This one is more thought out but I think it could be very interesting.

In order to save the farm, A.J accepts an offer by her Aunt and Uncle Orange. However she has to move back to Manehatten and once again become the proper lady she had thought she had long ago left behind. While representing the Orange name and product she encounters and has to deal with a lot of the city sharks, one of which wants her gone. All this starts taking a toll on Applejack, and her friends gets word of it back at home. Rainbow Dash goes to Manehatten to try to help (and maybe get A.J to come home). Along the way she learns about what A.J went through, long ago, while in Manehatten.

Author of his choosing:
Vargras

bookplayer:

* A bittersweet one shot where Dash has just been accepted by the Wonderbolts, about AJ and Dash trying to work out a long distance relationship.

Author of her choosing:
KrazyTheFox

* An AppleDash wedding fic

Author of her choosing:
me AKA DbzOrDie

a story about Dash (and possibly AJ's) unfinished novels

Author of her choosing:
Jake Roberts

the fic about AJ coaching Dash for Wonderbolts try-outs

Author of her choosing:
Tchernobog

Windy Daze

Applejack is a respected captain of a ship known for delivering the most delicious apples. One day, her ship and crew are attacked by pirates under the leadership of the infamous Captain Rainbow Beard. Tales say he is one of the most ruthless colts to sail the seas. While they put up a fierce fight, AJ and her crew are ultimately defeated. The crew are put in the life boats and set a drift, but AJ is brought aboard the pirates' ship. She is brought before the captain to find, to her surprise, that Rainbow Beard is in fact a mare.

Author of his choosing:
CommissarAJ

Jake Roberts

Rainbow Dash and Twilight discover something quite unsettling: they're both in love with Applejack. The cowpony doesn't know about either pony's feelings, and seems impartial about a romantic partner, making it "fair game", if you will. Can Dash and Twilight remain friends even with these revelations?

Author of his choosing:
bookplayer
Steel Resolve

Rainbow Dash is wrongly accused of a crime and is set to be publicly executed in Canterlot.  It's up to Applejack and her friends to assemble an army and battle the royal guard and powerful gods in order to save AJ's beloved.

Author of his choosing:
Tchernobog

Rangelost:

a story about Applejack and Rainbow Dash being a couple, Lightning Dust and Spitfire being another couple, and the two going on double dates and getting to know each other better. Over time, Applejack grows more fond of Lightning Dust, who is having sexy thoughts about Dash, who is drooling over the sight of Spitfire, who has a deep interest in Applejack. The story may or may not end in a small pile of happy ponies.

Author of his choosing:
bookplayer

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I feel vaguely targetted here! :rainbowderp:
Me, I want to see an epic-length Appledash fic, which could start as anything. I actually have ideas for an adventure-fic for them, a bit like "beyond the edge of the map".

I'd definitely want something nearing the 100k+ words though.

Author: me! :scootangel: because like I said, I have a bunch of ideas so far, but that's after my next project.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

description, or the story? :P

Tchernobog
Group Admin

:rainbowlaugh:

The idea I had has something to do with Luna. A year after her release, the next summer sun celebration draws closer. With it, nightmares of, well, Nightmare. Just memories, but bad ones nonetheless.

AJ and Dash are in Canterlot for some business or other with the other four, and in the Palace. Somehow, they hear/see Luna's nightmare and want to help, to try to get her awake, but instead, Luna lashes out, by sending them far, far away.

On one hand, the story would be about the other 4, Celestia, and Luna trying to figure out where they've gone. Dealing with Luna's repressed memories, as all she knows is that she magicked them away, but she doesn't know where.

AJ and Dash on the other hand are elsewhere in the world. As I picture it (ignoring the released maps), the Everfree needs emphasis on the first part. Ever. It's massive, continent spanning, and AJ/Dash are thrown clear into it.

Perhaps together or not... But I picture Dash flying straight up, so high that she has trouble breathing, but all she can see is forest (maybe, just maybe the very tip/small hint of some mountains, incredibly far away).

She comes back down, having no idea where she started from, and that means not knowing where Applejack is in this ocean of trees.

Shipping would happen as they make their way back to Equestria somehow. Arguing back and forth (Dash's need to travel faster and constant complaints about the "slow" Applejack), AJ arguing about Dash's rashness (that initial flight and them being separated), combined with mutual saving of each other's hides from various dangers of the forest (quicksand, creatures, plants, etc that might be after them).

Would all come to a head after shouting their hearts out or something of the sort.

Would probably meet some old/hidden civilizations on the way too.

That's all I have so far! :rainbowhuh:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Oh you. You're almost OCD regarding that! :twilightoops:

Roughhouse
Group Contributor

Awesome. Now write it!

:rainbowwild:

But really, I do so love the ... adventureness of it. :raritywink:

And having to learn to survive together, facing carnivores, flesh-eating plants, and maybe even some hostile natives ... that can only end well.

Fien! >:(

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Yep, this is why I think it could work. They're a team as is, work well together, but often butt heads. Both factors of this would escalate, they'd almost be a well oiled machine at the end, but arguing until it boils over. I figure the tipping point would be something like Dash saying if AJ wasn't so slow, they'd be home by now. Emphasis on her speed nature/pegasusness vs AJ doing the best she can, which isn't enough for Dash.
The arguing could get really bad until they realise what they're doing. Probably some angry kissing amonst this. :yay:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I think that's a good plan, actually. A synopsis/quick overview of the ideas, while the longer descriptions are for individual posts.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Luna's memories of Nightmare Moon causes her to lash out magically, sending AJ and Dash into the deepest parts of the everfree forest, on the other side of the world. While they make their way back through perils and dangers, the rest try to figure out how to bring them back.

how's that :pinkiehappy:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Well, I want to see a long, epic sized Appledash fic, something the size of Bluebird's Song or whatever. There are none that are focused on the pair, just a few that might have them in it but not as the main focus. I want to see that happen, and I might as well do it myself :P

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Oh, it wouldn't be a chore! I want to see one, and I'll do it and enjoy it. Heck, I have ideas for it as well.
The thing with Bluebird's Song, the setting (especially with Twi) allowed for its length/scenario. AJ/Dash scenarios are more... well, simple. Less that you can do vs what you can do with a supersmart unicorn that's practically god's gift to science and magic and is extra studious :P

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Well, the author of Bluebird's Song would be, I guess, but he's a diehard Twidash fan (200k words kindof hints that way :P), so I can't think of any appledashers offhand.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I told you, you can pick anyone
This is supposed to be the 'perfect fanfic' written in a 'perfect world'
Donny's Boy hasn't written much AppleDash yet but his TwiPie works and others make me wish that he wrote my idea with the same quality as all his works

I'll put in my two cents. Here are some plot lines I'd like to see:

- A fic. where A.J breaks her leg (one or both) and Rainbow has to take care of her. A.K.A "the reverse Rainbow Crash".

- A fic. where Applejack lives in Cloudsdale for a while. Staying with Rainbow Dash, she meets new people and explores the city. While there she learns about the place, the culture, and a bit of what life is like for her pegasus friend.

- This one is more thought out but I think it could be very interesting.

In order to save the farm, A.J accepts an offer by her Aunt and Uncle Orange. However she has to move back to Manehatten and once again become the proper lady she had thought she had long ago left behind. While representing the Orange name and product she encounters and has to deal with a lot of the city sharks, one of which wants her gone. All this starts taking a toll on Applejack, and her friends gets word of it back at home. Rainbow Dash goes to Manehatten to try to help (and maybe get A.J to come home). Along the way she learns about what A.J went through, long ago, while in Manehatten.

As for who would write this, I don't care. I would be happy enough if anyone even tried an idea. :twilightsmile: I only request that the person not rush the story and allow for a proper built up.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

First part is being/has been done in the story "Blood is Thicker" 's later chapters~

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Think of the best writer you've seen so far in things that would happen in the fic and tell me that name :twilightsmile:

Lycan_01
Group Contributor

A fic. where A.J breaks her leg (one or both) and Rainbow has to take care of her. A.K.A "the reverse Rainbow Crash".

Huh. Now would you want shipping or friendshipping? Either way, I think this would be an interesting idea to consider. Granted, I haven't read Rainbow Crash. But still, I have an idea or two of how I would potentially approach this fic, were I to try writing it... :trixieshiftright:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Either or. I can actually think of one pic... which we might have in the art thread, of Dash hanging out with an AJ with bandaged hindlegs.

In "Blood is thicker" however it's.. rather darker~

Lycan_01
Group Contributor

427843 "Blood is Thicker?" Haven't read it either. Or is it connected somehow to "Rainbow Crash?" Either way, I'd likely make it more comedic than dark if I were to write something like that. I don't do dark stuff. :unsuresweetie:

Usually. :trollestia:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

It isn't. And I said "blood is thicker" :P
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/7349/Blood-is-Thicker-than-Friendship
Does have Appledash. However, it's a rather dark story...

bookplayer
Group Admin

I don't think Rainbow Crash is a specific fic, I think he was using it to refer to all of the millions of fics where Dash breaks her wings.

Now, my wish list!

* A bittersweet one shot where Dash has just been accepted by the Wonderbolts, about AJ and Dash trying to work out a long distance relationship. KrazyTheFox, I'd love to see your take on that one.

* An AppleDash wedding fic, by the one and only DbzOrDie. Which I think everyone here would voulenteer to proofread, and none of us would let him send out anything bad, so he really has no excuse not to at least give it a shot. :ajsmug:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

How did you even remember that I'm fond of the wedding idea
I've only mentioned it once or twice in a really insisting manner.

427634 Really hard to say. There are a lot of good ones out there, some known, others less so. Vargras would be interesting, only cause this person is really good at doing longer stories while using fluff and not relying on clop.

427852 Interesting, never heard of that one. I may give it a try in the future. The only problem is that it's an everypony fic. and a dark one at that. I'm not sure if I'll have the patiences to read through all those plots just to get to the AppleDash. :applejackunsure:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

The appledash is admittedly a relatively minor part of it, so it's up to you. And the latter parts are fairly dark for them, so... :fluttercry:

429135 Darn it! You're scaring me now.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

It's a GOOD story, don't get me wrong. I'm definitely loving reading it. And the appledash is great. But the later parts make me go :fluttercry:

I found out that today (September 19) is International talk like a Pirate Day. So this idea floated into my head:

Applejack is a respected captain of a ship known for delivering the most delicious apples. One day, her ship and crew are attacked by pirates under the leadership of the infamous Captain Rainbow Beard. Tales say he is one of the most ruthless colts to sail the seas. While they put up a fierce fight, AJ and her crew are ultimately defeated. The crew are put in the life boats and set a drift, but AJ is brought aboard the pirates' ship. She is brought before the captain to find, to her surprise, that Rainbow Beard is in fact a mare. (Not sure where things would go from there, but that's why I'm not a writer)

I would choose CommissarAJ to write it. The Daring Do segments of What Would Daring Do are fantastically made and this seems right up his alley.

Posted
Group Contributor

The crew are put in the life boats and set a drift, but AJ is brought aboard the pirates' ship.

We all know where that is going.

Yeah, basically. I'm as subtle as a flying mallet. I didn't put it down, but there would probably some sort of deal, AJ agrees to go quietly, saying some sort of ransom could be collected for her, in exchange for the crew remaining safe.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

* An AppleDash wedding fic, by the one and only DbzOrDie.

Checkmate

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

After talk in the socializing thread, I now want to see an AppleDash story where one turns evil.
Alternatively, a good war story would also be fitting.

Author = unknown

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

439243 Also, this story still needs to be written by someone

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

If you don't like the option of it ending in a threesome, then I think it's safe to say that you'd get AppleDash from those two authors :)

bookplayer
Group Admin

856398>>856412
Actually, you guys underestimate me. Jackie and I did design the banner for the TwiJack group. That would be a hard one for me to decide.

However, Jake's preferred background pairings would be out. I would either hand Dash off to Spitfire, or Twilight off to Luna, depending on who got AJ.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

AppleDashLight group needs some fics. GO FORTH, BOOKPLAYER! :flutterrage:

bookplayer
Group Admin

Spitfire has a character, for one thing. Not as developed as the mane six, sure, but she's in that Cheerilee/Big Mac/Zecora/Luna group of background ponies with enough lines and screentime that they aren't OCs.

ETA: Though I do see bats point about the "sleeping her way to the top" thing.

Rangelost
Group Contributor

bookplayer wrote:

ETA: Though I do see bats point about the "sleeping her way to the top" thing.

Although I'm sure you've read it already (if you like Rainbow Dash × Spitfire shipping), Ruirik's Fire & Rain addresses this topic rather in-depth. It's not complete yet, but it sticks to the characters' personalities rather faithfully.

But I mean, come on, this is the Appledash group. I'm sure we could write an encyclopedia of reasons why Applejack would rather choose Rainbow Dash over Twilight Sparkle.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Cipher Pol 9 arc was fucking EPIC. Still my favorite to date. Though I figure you're talking about Ace here :ajsmug:

Not sure if I could do that, the whole idea of executions in Equestria seems... odd :P

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I figured as much :P still, it's a bit of a disconnect from what we know of Equestria, so eehh.

(have you seen some of the pics on DA, with the mane 6/One Piece ponies side by side? Rarity and Nami, Sanji and AppleJack, etc... really drawn well too)

Tchernobog
Group Admin

(didn't do too well with Robin's face there)

(duh)

(:rainbowlaugh:)

They've sketched out franky/big mac, and Zoro/Dash. So you were right on about half of those :rainbowlaugh:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

This artist struggles with faces, clearly!

That idea I presented of Nightmare Moon essence-possessed Dash (evil new name ideas: Nightmare Dash, Nightmare Streak, Chroma Streak, Aurora Moon, Aurora Dash, and/or Aurora Streak) and an Elements-free dark adventure battle to save both Equestria and their friend has been worming around in my head for a little while now.

This may turn into something from me. If it does, it'll probably be months from now, but a twisted antagonist Dash story sounds very appealing and I think it works better as an Appledash idea than a Twidash, too.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Do want:pinkiegasp:

Jackie
Group Contributor

Jackie and I did design the banner for the TwiJack group.

Now that I look at that banner again, I have mixed emotions now.... :ajsleepy: I think I should redo the banner by making a new one.

Whatcha think?
Oh man, this is old, but I'll see if I can do something about it.

As for whether who gets AJ, I agree with bookplayer. If one of them weren't able to have AJ, Dash could either go to Spitfire/Soarin' and Twi can go with Luna/*cough*orPinkieorRarity*cough*

bookplayer
Group Admin

If I squee over that picture as much as I want to, I will seriously piss off Rangelost. That's how cute it is. :ajsmug:

Rangelost
Group Contributor

You know what's they say, it's better to be pissed off than to be pissed on.

Seriously, though, Appledash artists have been taking a quality dive straight down lately. I don't know what's up, but it looks like all the anti-Appledash propaganda going on in groups like this one is finally taking its toll.

:ajsleepy:

bookplayer
Group Admin

Rangelost, you realize that you, personally, are almost 50% of the AppleDash artists who read this group regularly. Jackie is the other almost 50%, and there are the folks here and there who occasionally post art (Krazy, Lycan, Roughhouse) and the folks who occasionally drop by (RatofDrawn.)

That being said, I'm holding you almost 50% responsible for this problem. :ajsmug:

(Not really, I'm teasing. Draw what you want. And Jackie did say that's an old sketch.)

Jackie
Group Contributor

858434 And you do know I am a 100% AppleDasher, right? Heck, I AppleDash practically everything

((And I still await the next page of your comic!))

Rangelost
Group Contributor

While that may be true, I've witnessed propaganda going on in other groups on other websites (mainly deviantART). Some artists simply dropped Appledash because of it, others stopped drawing altogether. A lot of artists I (used to) watch started with drawing Appledash, then started up a blog to post their "clop" Appledash art, after which they began drawing more and more clop art (since that's what's always in high demand) to the point where they did nothing else, and finally they dropped Appledash because it's not popular enough.

I understand that individual artists can change their minds (or simply be extremely influenceable); that is why I follow groups that are dedicated to the ships I like. Considering this, you can understand why I am not very fond of seeing anti-Appledash pairings featured in such groups. Now, there are ships I do like that "break" Appledash, but I usually keep them to myself in groups like this one because it would feel disrespectful to people who dislike those other ships.

:applejackunsure:

It'll come as soon as I get some inspiration to draw again. The first page is being redone in a new style so I can faceroll some art more quickly. I might try and get it done soon enough.

I do tend to avoid discussing Twidash here (which amusingly enough, has been pointed out at least once by someone), simply to avoid getting into one of those discussions. The fact that I like Appledash as much as I do mitigates the fact that this group thoroughly breaks my main shipping, but I'm not overly fond of getting into discussions about other ships that break up the pairing as being 'superior' or whatnot, especially in places fairly devoted to that pairing. That said, in this instance the discussion is stemming from a story idea that's open to go in different shipping directions and even though this is a specifically Appledash forum it's worth discussing the possibility of going Twijack as a matter of fleshing out the idea.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 139