AppleDash 3,010 members · 1,061 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30
LunaTheFox
Group Admin

First off, I would like to thank and congratulate every single one of you for participating in this contest. I'm beyond thrilled with the turn out and am very excited to host more contests in the (near) future. To be honest, I was very concerned when I kicked this off that there wouldn't be enough participants, but all of you proved me wrong—so very wrong. You all came up with an incredible 211,929 words of AppleDash! That's an academy record (the previous contest was 205,267)!

So, once again, thank you all for a truly memorable and successful contest. I really couldn't be happier!

But that's enough about the contest itself—it's time to get to the thing you're all really here for: the results!

LunaTheFox
Group Admin
LunaTheFox
Group Admin

In fourth place:

Aeroponics by MagnetBolt

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

In third place:

Versus Jet by HapHazred

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

In second place:

Waiting for a Train by Freglz

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

In first place:

A Riddle or Twelve by Idsertian

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

I'll be contacting the winners over the next day or so to arrange prizes. Congratulations, everyone!

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Congratulations to all the winners!

This ranking is what I ended up with after reading all the entries. We ended up with a little bit different results at the start but after some debate, he ended up agreeing with my original list :rainbowlaugh:

Well done everyone! Great entries and lots of fun!

Congrats, folks! Some dang nice entries this time around and some fun tales. I'm honored to have made the cut at all.

Well done to the winners! I'm just glad I got to take part, it was fun writing again. Thanks for putting all of this together.

HapHazred
Group Contributor

7195684 Well it's Thursday in China.

Third place is nice. I'll take it! : )

Damn. Ah well, good game everybody.

Heck yeah!

Thankee all kindly, that's amazing. I wish I could be more wordy about winning, but I need a minute to let this sink in.

HELL YEAH! I WON! WOOOOO!

EDIT: This gif works really well with the music in the video. Huh.

EDIT 2: Okay, now that I've had a minute: GG all. I had fun writing this, though it definitely tested both my patience and my ability at times. Chapter 3, I think it was, kicked my ass quite hard in particular. Once I got through it, however, the rest came a lot easier.

Well done to everyone else who placed, though. I know from experience that these contests are hard to place in, so you dun good.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

I wasn't counting on loopholes. :applejackunsure:

HapHazred
Group Contributor

7195872 Nobody ever does, until their holes get looped.

Third-place contest entry, first-place gambler.

Congrats to all the winners! Thank you, Krazy, for putting together the contest and Tcherno for judging. Glad to see more AppleDash fics! :twilightsmile:

Great work man. I was a little worried for you when you missed the first deadline, but I'm glad you pulled through. You did great. Spend it well, I spose.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

It was my pleasure!

Thank you for the amazing contest. No placing for me unfortunately, but I had a lot of fun writing my story. And now it looks like I've got some good reading to do. :pinkiehappy:

7195881 Didn't miss it, got in with two seconds to spare.

Technically, I got in. Which is the best kind of getting in.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Plus with the new requirement to publish to the site, we were always going to be a bit flexible, especially for the first contest doing that. Posting to the site isn't instant, after all.

7196062 Fair enough, but I still had, like, 3 months to get it done in. Just sayin'. >_> :rainbowlaugh:

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

True, but it's still a bit of a moot point since it was in on time. :rainbowlaugh:

Wow i placed!

Made my day, i needed it.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

It was definitely well earned! It's always a challenge judging these contests and this time was no different. :twilightsmile:

Aww, ty.

Over 200k words to read, that must've been a huge challenge.

:pinkiegasp:

Congrats to the winners:

And thanks to the group for putting the contest together!

Mike

Posted
Group Contributor

Impressive turnout. Now to go read all the entries and see which ones I already stumbled upon. A number of the winners fall into that group.

Y'all are fools for thinkin' I deserve any placement in here.

But thanks anyway. Waiting for a Train was definitely my favourite of my two entries. Kinda surprised how well it turned out considering the mian focus was supposed to be on To Belong. Definitely liked reading some of the other entries, and the ones I haven't read from this list will be top priority in the coming months, if I'm able.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30