AppleDash 3,010 members · 1,061 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Hoo-eee! What a contest! We had a hard time narrowing down the winners this time around. Give yourselves all a pat on the back for a truly cutthroat competition! :ajsmug:

First off, I'd like to thank you all for the massive turnout—you all smashed right through the number of entries of previous contests with a whopping 20 entries! Unfortunately, we did have to disqualify two of the entries, but that still leaves 18. In case you missed any, here's the full list:

An Article on Unconventional Romance
A Family Holiday
Flapjacks
From Equestria and Beyond
Heritage
The Legend of Private Apple Applefly
Lost Time
Of Conversations and Pairing Stones
Of Friends, Marefriends, and Love
The One Week Year
Only in Manehattan
Pristine Sky
The Problem With Jewelry
A Second Chance in Summer
Stuck In A Ship
Taking a Chance in Cloudsdale
Trying Again
Under the Hat

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Now, without further ado, the results!

We had two runners up this time:

The One Week Year by HapHazred!

and

Pristine Sky by Mister Friendly!

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

And in third place, winner of the $50 prize, is:

Flapjacks by Baal Bunny!

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

In second place, winner of the $100 prize, we have:

A Second Chance in Summer by Idsertian!

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Finally, last, but most certainly not least, the winner of the $250 first prize is...

Lost Time by bookplayer!

Congratulations! :yay:

I'll be in contact with the winners soon to organize prizes. Once again, thank you all for taking part in this contest. I hope you'll consider joining us for the next one, which may be sooner than you think.

I'm Skeeter The Judging Lurker and I approve of this conclusion.

~Skeeter The Lurker

Tchernobog
Group Admin

We had so many entries, the ones I liked are even bigger than this list - but five truly stood out from the rest. Before we decided on how to score the fics, we had our list - and all five names were the same, just in different orders. But there are many more entries that deserve acclaim. Well done, all!

Timaeus
Group Admin

Y'all might be surprised at how close a race this ended up being! Using a point system and after careful deliberation from all the judges, the difference between first and third place was a hair's breadth.

Everyone who participated should be proud of themselves. This was an awesome contest to judge and there were so many stories that stood out.

Congratulations to our winners and runners-up, and thank you everyone for participating. We'll see you at the next contest. :raritywink:

bookplayer
Group Admin

Congrats to Baal Bunny and Idsertian! Flapjacks was great, there was some awesome world building there. And when I saw Idsertian in second place, I was like "How did I miss this!?" Then I saw it was only published on the site yesterday, so I didn't feel as bad, plus I have another AppleDash fic to read now!

And that's really what this contest was about: getting people writing lots of great AppleDash. We ended up with a ton of great, unique stories, so we all win in a way.

As for me, I'm honored. I worked my ass off, as I might have mentioned, because I knew this wasn't going to be easy. If anyone is going to give you some tough competition, it's going to be AppleDash writers, after all. But I ended up with a fic I think is my best work, and I'm glad I could offer that to AppleDash fans, and I'm thrilled the judges liked it.

Thanks, you guys. And good contest, everyone!

I had a feeling that Lost Time would win. It was a really good story! Congratulations!

Congratulations, bookplayer and Idsertian!

Those are some terrific stories, and I'm glad mine gets to stand up there beside them!

Mike

Congrats bookplayer!

As well as to all the other folks who did well.

Guess I have no choice but to check out those stories, too. :heart:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

5033643 :ajbemused: check them all!

Oopsie! Late to the thread...

Congrats to all, especially booky. Gonna have to find some time to read Lost Time, such a cracking sounding idea.

Congratulation everyone.

now I will download all for me to read at work XD

Congratulations to everyone! The winners deserve it all! :rainbowkiss: I know I'm not good enough to enter such a huge contest, but I'm still proud I was a part of it. :twilightsmile: Thank you all for a great competition! I looooove you! Haha. :pinkiecrazy:

:rainbowkiss::heart::ajsmug:

Looking at that list, seems mine was one of the disqualified entries. :fluttershysad:

I didn't get any notice on whether or not it had been accepted (I had a feeling it wouldn't be), but not to worry, I still enjoyed writing my entry regardless. :raritywink:

Very deserved winner at the top. :heart:

My entry was 'Dash & the Gala Apple', in case anyone is interested.

HapHazred
Group Contributor

Congrats to dem winnerz! Time for a celebration drink, methinks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18