SALT Monthly Contest Archive 15 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Aquillo
Group Admin

Yo.

I've got (sort of) a week spare coming up, and as you may have noticed from the front page of this group, I'm starting on updating things round here. I've also trimmed out a few old threads that weren't really doing anything. Consider it me being proactive for once.

I'm also mildly hungover/tired out of my brains, so if there's any obvious mistakes, please tell me about them. Please.

Anyway, suggestions for new threads/additions to the group go down below:

1) General Discussions Thread

We talk about random, writing shizzle. Say you want to bitch about how the new episode ruins your Luna characterisation for the nth time. Here's the place to do it!

Just a random thread for people to use, mainly.

2) Links and useful places Thread

Find something out there in the big, wide web that's useful for writing/reviewing? Link it in here.

And I have no other ideas. Make suggestions, comments or replies to this: I swear I'll take everything into account.

Also, get to work on contest number seven, you slackers :rainbowwild:

All sounds good to me. I've been looking for a safe place to vent on my episode reactions. =)

D G D Davidson
Group Contributor

Sorry, I know I should be writing Chronomistress, but then I realized nothing in the show tells us with absolute certainty that Celestia isn't married, so I'm writing a one-shot about her husband instead. He's a real punk.

I'm in favor of a general discussion thread, or perhaps a bounce-ideas-off-each-other thread.

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

531276 nice update. Very streamlined. Also, for random discussion, I would like to ask what you thought about the last episode? I think you might just like the main character for that one. :scootangel:

Frederick the Saiyan
Group Contributor

531366 This is something I would very much like to hear. I felt like Luna could've been inserted a little better, though she did appear in the nightmare at the beginning, so that might just be me wanting a more consistent Luna personality.

531276 Butbutbut... EXAMS. And SS&E keeps writing new things that I want to read!

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

531276 Looks like you aren't the only one to make some updates, huh?

Aquillo
Group Admin

And the comments are back to a sane size. There is not enough yes in the universe.

531752>>531447>>531285>>531287

I'll make a thread about discussions soon, including some rules on how to stop it from dying. I've got some... ideas on how to make it work best.

Aquillo
Group Admin

Celestia with a husband's a neat concept, but you'll have to justify it as story first of all. Like, what purpose is there to her having one? Are you gonna explore the relationship between them, is it a tragedy, what what what.

Looking forwards to it anyway, and I swear I'm not just being all negative because I want you to focus on Chronomistress.

I swear.

D G D Davidson
Group Contributor

Much of the point of the story will, of course, be to explore the reasons, the implications, etc. Admittedly, at this point I have a concept and don't really have a plot. I've reached a certain point and bogged down. I'll probably shelve it for now and come back to it later, much as I did with "Brony Steve" (about three months lapsed between the two halves of that story).

This tale, currently under the inaccurate but provocative working title of "The Royal Concubine," is an expansion of the one-shot gag in "Ponyville Confidential." Celestia is very wise when it comes to ruling her nation, but weak when it comes to her personal life.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9