SALT Monthly Contest Archive 15 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 65 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 65

411991I looked at it last night, if anything some of the threads and stories on this website should become SCP's

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

412084 'Tis true.

Guess what everyone! Aquillo has returned from the grave to hang out with us once again. I was worried that I would have gotten through a whole blend of herbs and spices before he revived.

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

413324 That is so bad for your health, even if you have just returned to life. Tisk, tisk.:trixieshiftright:

Aquillo
Group Admin

Heh heh.

Also, I'm in charge of the next prompt. Whooooooo.....

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

414170 Gotta love delegation from Raven.

Aquillo
Group Admin

Since we're here, check out this guy's shit.

Deeply impressive writer. Doesn't really seem to do comedy, so I don't know how far up your street he'd be, but...

Oh, dear god, I love his writing. Enough to make me watch him/waste time when I should be reviewing or sleeping on reading his shizzle.

Help :pinkiesad2:

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

414209 Alright. I'll check his stories out. A little diversity never hurt me before. Besides, I feel as though the last 3 weeks were rest enough for you. Without me keeping you up till crazy hours of the morning you must have caught up on sleep. :ajbemused: Sure. I believe that.

Aquillo
Group Admin

It's gotten worse. I've found the fifth End of Ponies arc. And all the comments it's generating on /fic/.

And it's two in the morning...

Is it also wrong that I'm now beginning to start mourning the period of early Brony fanfiction? I mean, I'm not even sure if it's dead yet...

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

414283 It only seems that way because the show is not on. give it a month and the community will be inspired again.

Aquillo
Group Admin

I dunno. We didn't get a Past Sins or FO:E thing happening this summer. Justifying why is long and convoluted, so, hey: summary.

The centre of Brony fanfiction writings is now Fimfiction, rather than EQD.

I don't know much of what's been happening over the past three weeks, but I can recall back to when a fic premiered on EQD and people actively said they weren't going to read it because it was on Gdocs; they were going to wait until it hit fimfic. And that's fine: fimfic's awesome, but it also promotes smaller, comedic one-shots over longer, complex stories. And so...

And so I've come back from a stint of having nothing to read but the fics I've got saved on my hard drive (Hunchback of Notre Damne, All Lovecraft, Dredgmane arc of EOP - left it grinning like an idiot) into a fimfic in which the feature box seems to be stuffed full of 2nd person clopfics. The earth is sore.

Or maybe it's just two in the morning, I'm scanning through the bowels of /fic/ thinking 'god, these people are awesome', I'm being overly pretentious (did I mention I wrote a fic using British punctuation and Show vs Tell as a plot point?) and overly whinny to boot.

So, did you miss having these sort of crazy-ass conversations?

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

414308 Considering my featured box has none of those fics in it, it took a moment to figure out what you were talking about. However, I find that quite a few of the stories appearing are comedic multiparters. The daily show ponies comes to mind as a fantastic example of a series. you might want to take a look there of you haven't already. And while the center may have shifted to here, EQD plays as big a part as ever. Twilight Sparkle gets a free salad is very good proof of that. Once it hit the main page the number of views jumped like crazy.

Aquillo
Group Admin

Sure: link to 'The Daily Show Ponies' pls. I'll see what I think.

Meh: EQD plays a part, but it's nowhere near as big and it's been shunted down to a 'dredging' role. I'm partially pissed at Sethisto for this: he's let his golden goose grow all old and rickety rather than trying to get himself a flock of geese. Or is that what I'm going to be saying in a few years' time when Bronydom sizzles down and EQD remains on Blogger? (SALT has an excuse: we're tiny. I fail to understand how Sethisto hasn't made his own site yet. It's just... aarrrggghhh. I just hate watching incompetence: it reminds me too much of myself.)

TSGAFS was a good story, but it was also a short story. And that's pretty much my problem in a nutshell. I want long shots...

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

414336 You will need to go through his story list. It's all one series. I'll hook you up with a few good long shots to keep you happy. No need to thank me till you finish.

Aquillo
Group Admin

Our First Steps? Fimfic records that I took a look at the first chapter. Not sure why I didn't continue. Maybe I locked it up in that entropic graveyard that is my 'read later' list.

That is probably highly likely :rainbowderp:

Anyway, reviewing to go do; will read later. Also need to take a look at your stuff at some point. Wanna carry on derailing this thread?

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 65