SALT Monthly Contest Archive 15 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

Hi, you guys! Nice to see you jump in our madness. I figured that if we were going to keep collecting authors for our roster, we might as well let them write an introduction. Seems fair to me, anyway. :applejackunsure:I'll even start us off.

Name: Firebirdbtops. You can call me Fire just to avoid misspelling it.:pinkiehappy:

How I found Salt: I was reading the informative blog of the talented Arcainum, who participated in the first round. One thing led to another, discussions with Aquillo were had, and I decided to join in for the second round.

Favorite genres: Comedy, Adventure and Mystery.

Alright, that should be enough info to start. Now it's your turn.

Puppo530
Group Contributor

Ummm... I guess I'll follow the same basic structure.

Name: puppo530 (or just Puppo)

How I found SALT: I found RavensDagger through "Of Challenges and Kisses". I started reading his blog and read the second SALT contest entry. I decided to do one.

Favorite genres: Comedy and Adventure

Favorite Pony: RAINBOW DASH :rainbowkiss:
But I find Big Mac hilarious. :eeyup:

Frederick the Saiyan
Group Contributor

Name: Frederick the Saiyan, but Fred works

How I found SALT: Of Parasites sent me to RavensDagger, and I went through his blog (became one of his proofers). Then I did an entry for this month. So ere I am

Favorite Genres: Comedy, Adventure, Mystery, I occasionally read some dark for the Catharsis.

Favorite Pony: :rainbowdetermined2: And :scootangel: is cool too.

Aquillo
Group Admin

Just thought I'd mention this before I get started: click back and go check the date on this post.

Congrats, everyone. We're posting in a thread older than the group. I think that deserves some sort of reward.

Name: Aquillo. Does that need to be shortened too? Erm... Quill? Yeah, that'll do.

How I found SALT: Same way as Fire: Arcainum mentioned it in a blog post, we were editing a fic at the time and tried to find out just what/where it was. Google gave us nothing. Fire found out where it was (somehow) later on and messaged me its location. I haven't yet entered the competition, but my hat will very much be in the ring next time round.

Favourite Genres: phew... I like most of them, but my top ones are probably Adventure, Dark, Comedy, Alternate Universe and Sad. Heartwarming is also brilliant, but I don't think that's a tag, so...

Favourite Pony: Depends on what I'm judging them by. Rarity is undoubtedly the most interesting (pony) character produced by the show, Applejack is the pony I'd most likely hang out with in real life and it's a rare episode where I don't Daww or giggle at Pinkie.

But Scootaloo is best crusader and don't you forget it.

Hobbies: Apart from the writings of the fanfics with the flawlessness of the grammars, mathematics (yeah, that counts) and canoeing.

Favourite fic: End of Ponies cinches this for being the only fanfic I've ever had to mentally prepare myself for before reading. SS&E does his damn best to make sure I'm miserable all week, and I hate/love him for it.

Nagagon
Group Contributor

Howdy, mates! Nagagon here! You can call me Nagagon, but everybody seems to call me Naga for shorts. I've no idea why :rainbowderp:

How I found SALT: I randomly found Ravensdagger's Of Steam Gears and Wings and fell completely in love with fanfics. I found SALT through Ravens. He suggested the group to me when I mentioned I wanted to get back to writing fics (I gave it a shot once, but quickly lost interest). After that, he told me of the Colabs and I joined them for practice.

Favourite Genres: For fics? I tend to like romance and comedy, but if a fic is good, it's good, period. I'm not fond of HiE stories, but I've read some pretty cool ones. There is one genre I stay clear of: Clopfics. I just don't like it. There is one rare exception, but I only started reading it after much, much meditating on the subject. Since the sex scenes help develops the relationship between the characters, I gave it a go.

Favourite Pony: Since OC's don't count, let me think... I guess Luna, because of her personality and the way she talks. It's pretty darn fancy, and I like fancy stuff :moustache:

And here are two topics I think we should talk about, but if you don't feel like it, that's okay :pinkiesmile:

Hobbies: Writing (YOU DON'T SAY?!) and messing around with Adobe After Effects. No joke. I'm seriously addicted to studying that thing. It's like crack to me. I dream about it in my sleep :pinkiecrazy:

Favourite fic(s): Of Steam Gears and Wings ranks in my top three, but as a romance writer, Transcend and How to woo your lady in nine steps are my top ones, respectively. Of Challenges and Kisses is quickly gaining on them, and knowing Ravensdagger's skills, I'm pretty sure it will soon kick OSGW off the grid.

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

I suppose you want additional information about me now. Alright then, here you go.
Hobbies: Anime, Manga and video games.
Favorite Fic(s): In comedy I have 2. Anthropology and Harpflank and Sweets.
Favorite Pony: Now, THAT would be telling...

Hello! I just joined not too long ago, so as with the others, I shall tell you a bit about myself.

My name is Broderick, I go by many others, so if you ever wanna hit me up on steam or skype, let me know!

How I found SALT: As many others have, I found SALT through one of Ravensdagger's blog posts. I thought that writing an SCP style pony story would be interesting, so I hopped on this ever growing train we have here.

Favorite genres: This one is hard, I actually like a lot of different genres. I suppose my favorites would be Romance, comedy, and mystery. I suppose my recent obsession with The Dresden Files series supports this heh.

Favorite Pony: Oh god...this one is even harder to answer than the last! So many ponies...bah. If I had to take a guess at my favorite, it would be Fluttershy. Fluttershy fills me with such d'aw every time she is on screen it is almost unbearable! I suppose Applejack and Twilight Sparkle tie for second place, but frankly, I love all of them!

Hobbies: Well, I am kind of your stereotypical nerd heh. Love video games, anime, and some good books! I live in Washington, so you might not be surprised to learn that I love to go hiking and enjoy casual strolls through parks or nature trails. :yay: Writing as a hobby is actually quite new to me, but I have been thinking about doing it for a while now, so I figured this months prompt was a good excuse to start doing so :rainbowwild:

Favorite Fics: I have quite a lot of favorites actually. I like Anthropology, Human, Through the Eyes of Another Pony, Displaced, Scorched, and many, many others! Of course, there has to be an honorable mention to the fic that persuaded me to follow Ravensdagger and in turn, convinced me to join this group; That fic being Of Challenges and Kisses!

Well I suppose that is it for my introduction, thank you for letting me join that group, and happy writing everyone! :ajsmug:

D G D Davidson
Group Contributor

I'm D. G. D. Davidson, commonly known on the Internet as the Deej.

How I found SALT: RavensDagger had a blog post on the SALT SCP. I didn't understand a word of it, so I asked for clarification, got some, shrugged, and said, "I'm in."

Favorite genres: Science fiction and fantasy, mostly.

Favorite pony: Easy. I look forward to reign of Her Royal Majesty, Princess Luna, who very soon now will overthrow the solar tyrant, cloak the world in eternal darkness, and establish her Lunar Republic. Then we who remained loyal to her throughout her milliennium of unjust imprisonment shall sit by her side on her silver throne and revel forever beneath the wan light of a never-waxing moon. The servants of the solar tyrant we shall cast into the dust, and we shall apply the horsewhips to their backs. If you wish to know the future of our great and glorious New Lunar Republic, you must envision an iron bell boot stomping on a pony face forever.

Hobbies: This is my hobby. I don't have time for any others.

Favorite fics: Uh . . . I'll get back to you on that one. I really like "Princess Celestia Hates Tea."

Hi everyone my name is NobleQuickSIlver, but I'm sure you can already see that. You can call me what ever you want as long as i approve it before hand

How I found SALT: I found it through a blog post from RavensDagger where he yelled at us not to ask him about it anymore, or something like that.

Favorite Genre: Romance, Random, Comedy, Slice of Life, and Adventure, but im starting to expand to other genre's. yes that includes clop also even though i don't want to.

Favorite Pony: While i have seen that the norm always seems to Flutter Shy or Rainbow Dash, my favorite pony would have to be Twilight Sparkle, and before you ask why I don't know why either.

Hobbies: Like most people here my hobbies are playing video games, watching anime, watching MLP music videos on youtube, and of course reading FanFics. Although I'm trying to add writing FanFics to to that list.

Favorite fics: I'll get back to you on that once one of the fics i'm reading is finished.

Well aside from that I'm happy to be here, and hope that we can get along well with each other.:twilightsmile:

Well, hey, everybody. My name's Blazewing. =)

How I found SALT: I was recommended by Firebirdbtops after he commented on my story in progress, Living in Equestria.

Favorite Genre; Romance, Comedy, Adventure, Slice of Life

Favorite Pony: A very difficult question, as they all have something I like about them, but I'd say it's a close tie between Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Since they're ones that are usually faves, next would probably be Twilight or Applejack.

Hobbies: Reading, drawing, playing video games, surfing YouTube, watching Let's Plays or PMVs, and of course reading and writing fanfics.

Favorite Fics: On a Cross and Arrow by Conner Cogwork, Forbidden Fruit by Vargras, and Keeping Your Hooves On The Ground by InsertAuthorHere

It's great to be a part of the site and the forum, so here's hoping my writing may improve by being so. :pinkiehappy:

Hey everypony! I go by OtterMatt on the interwebs, and I'm the official new guy to this group! Frankly, I love helping people out with writing, and I need a place for the odd helping hoof now that my typical editor is bound up in school again. HA! Suckers still in school! :rainbowlaugh:

How I found SALT: Take a wild guess?! *cough*RavensDagger*cough*

Favorite genres: SoL, Adventure, Comedy, and the softer side of Sad

Favorite Pony: Vinyl Scratch, yo! Us musicians gotta stick together!

Hobbies: Writing and playing music, supporting my crippling addiction to TF2, and screaming like a madman for my sports teams.

Favorite Fics: Oh lordy, where to begin...
From Scratch - If this doesn't make EqD I'm gonna cut someone.
Treasure In The West
At Home On The Range
Almost literally anything by The Descendant
Wild Sky Yonder - If I could only have one story for the rest of my life, this might be it. It just strikes all the right chords in me.

Given that one of my favorite writers is already in charge of this little madhouse, I can assume that I'll be improving by proximity if nothing else!

Now I'm the new guy. Muahahaha! :pinkiecrazy:
So, who am I? Call me Andy.

Young non-native writer (explains lots *nod nod*), with unexplicable large amount of derp imagination. :derpytongue2:

Favorite pony?
:pinkiehappy:

How did I get in SALT?
Blame Prodskr :twilightblush:. Well, actually, I heard of it from a friend of mine.

Hobbies?
Professional basketball player (8 years), writing since I was 10 years old :twilightsmile:, drawing and playing TF2 :rainbowdetermined2:

So, this is me. Andy, your 15 years old writer-wanna-be :twilightsmile:

So I'm Glass. I'm a wannabe author who love wubs and gaming, and has some spare time occasionally. Don't expect me to be too dedicated.

I was searching for a group that had fanfic contests, so what the heck I joined SALT.

Favorite Genre: Anything but hard-on Grimdarks and sensual romances.

Favorite Pony: :derpytongue2:

Best Pony: Vinyl

Hobbies: Reading, Internets, Kittehs, Gaming, and WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB...

Okay, I'll go ahead and do my basic introductions...

Name: Phoenix Quill

How I found SALT: Firebirdbtops sent me a letter so I said YES!

Favorite Genras: Well that's tricky there, favorite to read is usually comedy and short nonsense, but my favorite writing style is serious slice of life stories, or great long adventures. I really enjoy setting a stage more than anything else, (middles seem to lack however.)

Best Pony: Luna. Come on, you all know it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14