I Just Want a Comment 3,671 members · 15,702 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Huk

Once again, I'm looking for some feedback on a story:

TA Fading Mirage of Friendship
Twilight has everything going for her. She is an Element of Magic, has loyal friends, and now she's become the princess of the whole Equestria. It's like a dream come true. Too bad, all dreams must come to an end...
Huk · 2.2k words  ·  29  4 · 1.2k views

This thing got almost no traction, and I'm trying to figure out why. I tried reading and re-reading, listening, and re-listening, but... it seems fine to me. I'm at a loss...

It's only about 2200 words... any chance to give it a go and tell me what I did wrong :unsuresweetie:?

I'll try to look it over when I get the chance and let you know what I think :twilightsmile:

Huk

Thank you, I appreciate it :twilightsmile:.

Would say the only thing is the very jarring twist at the end. It works and I quite like it, but it all seemed to happen very abruptly. Could have possibly used a bit more build up, some hints throughout etc. Tl;dr, you didn't do anything "wrong" imo, there just wasn't enough of it :)

Not sure what kind of tags would be appropriate here where the story is a mix of happiness and sadness... :unsuresweetie:

Probably "Slice Of Life" for Twilight's dream realm, and "Tragedy" for the reality. For me "Tragedy" denotes a event, whereas "Sad" refers to a mood and there's not enough of the latter in the story to warrant a tag for it. Just my take on it though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5