The Round-Robin Game 71 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

(Hey guys, I'm new to this group. I joined because I have a ton of ideas that would make great fanfics, but that I have never gotten around to writing. I thought maybe sharing them here would either produce something worthwhile or give me some inspiration. I know it's probably a futile effort, but I ask that all of my drafts be taken seriously, rather than completely destroyed with randomness. If they do get completely destroyed with randomness, well, I ain't even mad. But you would be throwing away the opportunity for some potentially good fiction).

"Flim and Flam... win," the Mayor shouted; and immediately the crowd burst into shocked gasps and cries of disbelief.
"Wha... Wha..." sputtered Applebloom.
"We... lost?" Applejack asked, quite unnecessarily. The answer was clear, but after all that work the embodiment of Honesty could hardly come to terms with the harsh truth.
"Daww, too bad, Apples!" said the younger Flimflam brother, in a mockingly sarcastic show of false sympathy.
"Guess you'll just have to find a new line of work," added the elder, "that doesn't match your names quite so... Perfectly."
Pinkie's eyes widened. The boasting continued, but she was no longer listening. She had known this situation seemed familiar from the moment these insincere entrepreneurs entered the town, but she just couldn't put her hoof on it... Now that the answer was staring her in the face, she saw that she hardly could have imagined how early in her life the similarities reached.
It was way back. Back when she was still an only child. Not long after she had said her first words. It was hidden in the deep forgotten corner of her fillyhood memory...

"What did you just say, young stallion?" said Granny Pie, though she was quite aware of the answer. Behind her glasses, her eyes burned with a fire that they rarely contained.
Steam Drill reclined atop the leviathan of a machine that had required twenty stallions to pull into the field. On his muzzle was a smug grin, and every other feature of his face was shadowed by his stetson.
"If you're so proud of your pies," he began, "then where's the problem?"

"The problem is that you can't just come over here and challenge us!" Granny Pie barely resisted the urge to punch him in the face. The reason she didn't was she wasn't strong, or at least not strong enough to defeat a stallion. Steam Drill would probably dodge.

Pinkie crawled into the room. "Granny?"

Granny Pie turned to the foal. and her face softened. She was young, not even 8, and it would be a huge blow if her granny went to jail.

The old mare looked back at the stallion. "You're on."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2